Some of you might know me from the Pokémon Factory forums. Over at that site, one of my projects is to create a new Pokédex order. I loved how Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver took all Pokémon, the 151 old one and the 100 new one, and completely reordered them. But alas, in subsequent generations a Pokédex that reordered all Pokémon was lacking. Instead, we got the Regional Pokédexes that only included part of the Pokémon of previous generations. But I always wanted to see a new, complete Pokédex order.
Therefore, I took a shot at reordering all 649 Pokémon.
First of all, a couple of comments regarding the order:
- The order is, as you will see, quite heavily based on Johto's Pokédex, as that one is in my opinion still the most logical one. The other Pokémon have been added to it, based on their own regional dexes, and I tried to put them at spots that seemed most natural.
- At first, I had tried to put the legendaries in some sort of order too. However, that proved to be very hard and it didn't look very nice either. So, apart from combining the legendaries from Gen I and II, they have been ordered mostly based on the generation they appeared in.
- All formes have been included too, along with gender differences whenever the difference is as major as for example Unfezant (Pokédex 3D Pro did the same thing). However, I've also included two Combee, since evolving or not evolving seems pretty major to me too.
- Sometimes I did not place the forms Pokémon with multiple forms, such as Deerling and Swasbuck, next to each other, but instead I placed Spring Deerling and Spring Sawsbuck next to each other. There's no reason for this, it just looked better on the image.
Some comments regarding the sprites:
- I've mostly used B2/W2's sprites. Whenever I didn't like the sprite Nintendo picked, however, I used the HG/SS, Platinum or D/P sprite.
- Some sprites have been edited by me. Sometimes I didn't like the outline (Wartortle comes to mind) and sometimes I felt the sprite was lacking some detail (Rotom Frost for example now has white highlights on its 'arms').
- If you like my image and want to use it yourself, I can provide you with a version that has a raster in it. You can then quite easily change the sprites chosen to your own preferences or change the order to your own liking.
Well, I hope you like looking at it as much as I liked making it. And, of course, I'm interested to see comments and feedback!
Image is found here.