Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Your First Pokemon Game

my first game was yellow

Pokemon Red (Even though Diamond was out at the time. X_X)

I did have some practice on a friend's Sapphire, but aside from that I was completely new to the game.

Never Give Up

My first one was pokémon stadium 1, I had yellow soon after
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

My first game was Gale of Darkness. After that, I got LeafGreen and Emerald for my GBA SP. I must say, I absolutely loved that game! I didn't have any experience with the franchise before, so I was going in without any expectations for the game and I found it a great way to get into the series and learn as I went along. Since I had missed the first two generations entirely, it was great to be able to obtain Pokemon from many different regions and to participate in doubles battles to see a great variety of Pokemon at once. Then after I had gotten my feet wet with that first game, I got very excited for the "real" games like LeafGreen, etc. Being able to use certain Pokemon that were unobtainable in GoD, like Venusaur, Mewtwo, Gyarados, etc. was very thrilling.

The funny thing was, I got into the games because of the trophies from Super Smash Bros. A lot of the trophies are of various Pokemon, and it made me want to see what the game was all about. That was the only experience I had with Pokemon.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Sapphire. Hoenn is still my favorite region.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Mine was a pokemon emerald. I enjoyed playing it despite the lack of friends with the same game.

My first game was sapphire. But I had played my brothers red and silver before that.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Well, my VERY first game was Pokemon Battle Revolution, but my first MAIN SERIES game was Pokemon Diamond.
    I'm awesome

Mine was Blue from my cousin, and I didn't even have a Gameboy! I remember always bringing to the babysitters, hoping someone would bring their Gameboy so I could play it.

I believe I caught and evolved as many Pokemon as possible, and my first team ever is in my sig.

I absolutely loved playing that game, and even though I no longer have that Blue, I still enjoy Pokemon!
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

The first pokemon game I played was Red. At that time, I was too young to understand much of it, so it didn't leave any impression. The first pokemon game I owned was Emerald years later.

On my birthday I got a Gameboy color and Pokémon Blue. My brother got Red, and I was secretly jealous because Charizard is way more awesome ofcourse.
    First MM Shiny Hunt Completed!
    After:2648 eggs!

Ruby was my first game and I loved it so much, I got it when I was like 7 or 8 on my birthday with a Gameboy Advance SP. I remember I had no clue how to save so I would keep the game in the charger so I wouldn't have to start over. I also had no clue how to switch Pokemon so not till I got to Fallarbor Town when I randomly clicked start once on accident I only used Mudkip. Good freakin times.

My second Pokemon game was Gold which I bough used about 6 months after I got Ruby.

My first was Pokemon Red, and incidentally it was the only game where I've ever completed the Pokedex (I'm missing some event Legendaries today, and refuse to accept hacked ones to remedy this). I loved it back then, but now I can't play it any more because of how poorly balanced it is. Although there is a certain sense of amusement when using Gen 1 Mewtwo and being completely untouchable by anything else in existence...
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Pok¨¦mon Silver was the first pok¨¦mon game I played at the age of 7. I got into pok¨¦mon by first watching at the age of 4 ^_^
    *****BURNING PASSION*****

First one was Pokemon Yellow. I've been playing since the beginning start. I've always HAD to get the next game. I've never missed playing a pokemon game. I even MADE my dad get the Japanese Green. And I still have every game. Its a collection now. But im missing some cause my cousin keeps taking them.

For my collection i have. Blue, Yellow, Gold, Cristal, FireRed, Emerald, Sapphire, White 2. I had Black but my cousin just took it a couple months ago. I see him playing it so Im gonna take it back soon. I want my game back D:<

Red, back when it first came out.

I even managed to complete the pokedex, including Mew which I traded over from the Blue version I bought years after (thanks to deprecation and price drops). The only one I've ever managed, thanks to the numerous additional pokemon through the generations. Yikes.

Then because there was pretty much nothing else to do, I tried the Missingno thing and then, yeah. Never played it again because it actually scared me a little xd

Black 2 FC:
    2452 4122 3003

My first Pokemon experience was a Charmander card when I was 6. I traded it to a friend for his only card, a Sandshrew. I talked my grampa into buying a starter deck for me and played somewhat competitively and was a big fan if the anime until Hoenn. My first video game was Sapphire when I was 13. Best day of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Furret-Luver View Post
    What was your first pokemon game? did you have any past exsperience with pokemon (like the anime or TCG), or did you just jump right in and learned as you played the game?
    I really envy the people who remember how they started out. Honestly, the whole thing is a blur to me. I can't even remember what starter I first chose, or if I got Red or Blue version for that matter. I think I might have watched the anime before I played the games. I certainly knew something about Pokemon before I started my very first game. The question is, how did I learn about Pokemon in the first place? Ugh, so frustrating.. :/

Pokemon Emerald
    Pokemon Team:

A wild Emolga appeared! What would you do?

Mine, was a Lugia card my friend slid under my door when I was very mad at him..
    Wow, lot's of old memories....

My first Pokemon experience was a friend describing Magnemite and Charmander to me on the bus ride to school. Then seeing someone else playing Red version on an original gameboy at recess. First game I owned was Silver that I got for Christmas with my gameboy color, and I started with Chikorita.

3ds Friend Code: 3480-3956-6165
    In Safari: Onix, Dwebble, Barbaracle (Rock Types)
    Currently looking for HA Bulbasaur and Chespin family members. Please message if you want to add me.

I actually remember my first ever Champion team. On Sapphire I had Swampert, Pelipper, Wailord, Walrein, Kyogre (ALL THE WATER TYPES), and Aggron. Come to think of it, I don't know why I used so many water types. Then again, like 99% of Hoenn was water and at least 3 HMs were water based.

Quote Originally Posted by Draqunity View Post
    FireRed. I loved being to scared to fight the E4 with my LV 86 Charizard.
    i was the exact same way with my Venusaur XD

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I started the games with Silver after having been exposed to the TCG and anime for about 3 years (I didn't really have an interest in video games until then).
    for the longest time i never actually remebered the names of pokemon (or even learn basic stuff) until i started playing the games

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsi_ View Post
    I always watched the anime & collected cards when I was younger, then my first pokemon game was Leaf Green & I chose Squirtle. Gah, those were the days.. lol
    i choose FireRed and i agree, honestly no game can compare to my memories of my first game.

Quote Originally Posted by OnceDone View Post
    Mine, was a Lugia card my friend slid under my door when I was very mad at him..
    Wow, lot's of old memories....
    awwwww thats so sweet agreed, soooooo many memories
    this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the tail, and ending with a grin.
    - Lewis Carrol's Alice Adventures In Wonderland(the Cheshire Cat)

click my Pokemon/eggs please! http://new.gpxplus.net/user/Furret-Luver-Girl

(\\_/)
    (*u*) This is Bunny.
    (>< ) help him achieve world domination copy him to ur signature~

I got Pokemon Red the day it came out! I was there from the beginning.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Ruby, and first Video Game I ever played, at least I'm pretty sure it was. (And my third favorite game of all time)
    Last edited by DarkSword39; 13th April 2013 at 2:16 AM.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast