Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your First Pokemon Game

I started the games with Silver after having been exposed to the TCG and anime for about 3 years (I didn't really have an interest in video games until then).
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Pokemon Red was my first game. I watch the first 5-7 episodes of the anime a few weeks before the games came out. After I watched the anime, I was hooked lol.
    Pokémon Y Friend Code: 4441-9508-9799
    In-game name: Daniel

I have an Electric Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, and Luxio.

Sapphire was my very first game. I had played Silver before that but it wasn't mine it was my brothers. It felt awesome having my very own game and Gameboy!

~Credit goes to Mew_ for the banner

Oi!!!! lololokokoooo~ Me and Jess's cracky thing ;D

My first Pokemon game and video game in general was blue version for the gameboy when i was 5 or 6. Sure I only ever bothered to catch like 10 Pokemon and would beat the game through to the elite 4 in like 2 hours but still I would start a new save and play the game again every week as it was a truly addictive and wonderful title.
    Last edited by Croze; 11th February 2013 at 3:41 AM.
    My friend safari has Throh, Meditite, and Breloom.
    Self obtained trophy shines: Marowak, Pansear, Florges, Delphox, Gastrodon, Beautifly, accidentally killed shiny Wingull in horde
    want: specific events/shinies
    Black 2 Friend Code: 0347 8098 0190/3DS Friend Code: 0001 3822 0348
    Top 10 Favorite games - Metalgear 3 subsistence, Disgaea aod, Megaman X4, Pokemon Blue, Strange Journey, shin megami tensei ii, Ratchet&Clank Dl, Persona 3p, Metroid prime 2, Zelda Oot.
    Self hatched Shinies : Kecleon
    Adamant iv 31/31/31/31/21/26 Protean

Red version. I started playing a friend's copy and became so addicted.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

My first pokemon game was the Red Version, I have good memories with it
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

My first game was Red version for either my birthday or Christmas from my parents, then conned my grandma into buying me Blue, then got Yellow anyway :P
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

My mane pokeymanz in x
    facebook.com/geeksforjesus
    2ds friend code - 4613 7899 0504
    Looking for: purified shadow pokemon, pokemon in hg/ss exclusive pokeballs, y exclusive mega stones

Can't remember if it was Blue, Red, or Yellow, but it was one of them that we first started off with. Good times, nostalgic music, hasn't aged as well as some games due to the flaws in the battling, but it still brings some good memories : )
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Pokemon Firered, but most of my memories lie with Sapphire.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    Check out Mega Sableye's shield. It's a giant rupee! It's true, money does solve all your problems!

My first game was Pokemon Ruby. I was too young to remember but, I am pretty sure I did watch the anime and collect the cards.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
    - Robert Pirsig
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
    I post here occasionally despite the fact I no longer play Pokemon.

Yellow. Pikachu was my first Pokemon ever. I was such a n00b back then. It was the only Pokemon I used, and I taught it Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thundershock, and some other damaging move I don't remember. (Because anything that didn't hurt the opponent was useless. ) The rest of the team was severely underleveled.

1) First Pokemon game was Red around the time it came out (probably), started with Charmander and Charizard ultimately ended up becoming my favorite Pokemon.

2) I honestly have zero recollection of which came first, as I've been trying to figure this out as well, though I would assume the games came first (I was like 4 when Red/Blue came out).
    Shinies up for trade:
    Shinies I want:

Tumblr: chrisyoung125.tumblr.com
    Black 2 Friend Code: 3998-5341-7339

Hmm. First game for me was Gold, I think, then Yellow. I had a crap load of level 100's on Gold.. then it all got deleted when the game glitched. I loved the anime and cards as well though, I just really can't remember what I did first: game, cards or anime. Hmmhmm.

My first Pokemon game was Sapphire. I was 7 or 8 years old and shortly after, I started watching the current anime series. Not long after that, my brother gave me all 300 of his own Pokemon cards, and I was entranced in it @_@ It got me into the wonderful world of anime.

Pokémon Yellow for my eighth birthday in 2000 (so I was more familiar with the anime than the original game at first). I actually attempted to copy Ash's team, and failed miserably xD.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

First ever Pokemon experience came when the very first episode came out. Yes I was so lucky to see the debut of Pokemon and loved it ever since. Started collecting the cards before playing the games but then got my first gameboy and my first ever game was Silver. Such a good game and I am glad they made a remake for it. Although I kind of remember playing Red first but when I think about it I got the Silver with my first ever gameboy so it must of been Silver!
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Quote Originally Posted by Furret-Luver View Post
    What was your first pokemon game? did you have any past exsperience with pokemon (like the anime or TCG), or did you just jump right in and learned as you played the game?
    My first play was Red on computer. I got addicted and decided to collect the original games, then tried the cards.
    Kalos shinies (Some):
    - Vivillon Hunt Complete! -

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Got Red way back in Christmas of 98, i don't really remember If i knew about pokemon before i got my first game, might of started watchin the show first, but that was a long *** time ago so i dont remember, but I've been playing every gen since

I always watched the anime & collected cards when I was younger, then my first pokemon game was Leaf Green & I chose Squirtle. Gah, those were the days.. lol
    ~6th Generation Here We Come~

My first game was Pokemon blue. I played the **** out of that game. I was in 1st grade.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

I was introduced via cards (although not the tgc iirc), then I got into the anime. I won a copy of pokemon pinball in a competition, which I had to play on my neighbours gameboy, and finally got a gameboy of my own and pokemon blue for my 6th birthday.

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    I was introduced via cards (although not the tgc iirc), then I got into the anime. I won a copy of pokemon pinball in a competition, which I had to play on my neighbours gameboy, and finally got a gameboy of my own and pokemon blue for my 6th birthday.
    Same! I was introduced via cards by my cousin (I think they were Topps cards) then I watched the anime before I got my Gameboy Color and Pokémon Yellow. Got Red shortly after and TCG cards came along too. Good times.

My first was either Red or Blue, i cant remember, i got them with a special pokemon game boy colour with a pikachu on it, and i now feel very old.
    I have claimed the one they call Karrablast

Clicky Click

My first was Platinum, which I decided to try out when I got my DSi on its release date, so April 5, 2009. What a great day that was. I still have that Platinum game with the same file.
    I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

Pokemon Diamond. I've had 3 editions of it since then and always end up w/ a Togepi called MistyBrock

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast