Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pokemon you trust!

Aron best mon in ou y/n?

Glass cannon pokemon are great, unless you hit Trick Room teams.
    Aerodactyl is really good, with great moves, 130 base speed, including STAB AoE Rock Slide if you like double/triple battles.
    Starmie is also awesome, I go with the 'Death Star' moveset (BoltBeam, Psychic, Surf/Scald IIRC).
    Jolteon with a good HP can also do serious damage.

I also like all four of the muskedeers, but it's REALLY annoying that Keldeo is unfairly banned, given that he's basically a special version of Terrakion, and he doesn't seem to have a great movepool, yet Garchomp is allowed (Cynthia is overpowered for this reason). Terrakion gets both Rock Polish, Swords Dance, and possibly better coverage than Keldeo. The offensive ones can do good AoE damage without boosts, and the defensive ones can get nasty with one Swords Dance. Helping Hand on all of them also allows them to fill a support role if you're using more than one in a double or triple battle. Getting 6-0 on Cynthia's Triple Battle team in the PWT using the 3 original muskedeers was AWESOME. 2x Helping Hand + Terrakion with Rock Slide = PAIN.

As for Battle Subway in White, not only did I use Cobalion (only muskedeer I recruited in that game), but I also used Volcarona (borderline overpowered, and totally awesome - Focus Sash + Quiver Dance = GG unprepared teams without priority moves) and stuff like Jolteon/Starmie for a >50 streak.
    I will not trade for hacked/cloned pokemon.
    5th gen: I can breed max Sp.Att/Speed Zoruas with Extrasensory and Dark Pulse with a modest nature.

SS Cloyster haha jk.

Crocune/Calmcune for its great utility and bulkness
    Mixmence for surprising unprepared teams
    though I find BKyurem handy atm
    Espeon for obvious reasons
    and most of the dancers.

" I may look normal but I have lots of Potential. "

Set Name: CruelSupport

Nature: Bold

Item: Black Sludge

Ability: Rain Dish (Needs Rain Support)

Moves;

Scald, Substitute, Rapid Spin, Toxic

Stat Spread;

HP: 252

Def: 240

Spe: 16

_______

Try this set out. It's a pain in the *ss. I use it on my Mono Water Rain Team, and will be using it later on my OU Mixed Type Rain Team. It stalls and spins.

People tend to forget Tentacruel's great natural Speed. I once stalled a Ferrothorn with this set.

Sp. Def? Don't worry, it's so great at it naturally, it can take two-three Earth Powers from a Heatran, and if my memory serves right one-two Earth Powers from a Nidoqueen. It can survive zero-two-ish Earthquakes, depending on the user.

In OTRReun we trust

Breloom! It finds its way on both my Grass monotype and my OU team. I can always rely on it to KO a few pokemon. That, or my Jumpluff. It'd extremely underrated and manages to sweep a team once in a while.

My most trusted Pokemon would probably be

Togekiss!

I play Doubles, VGC Format way more than I do Singles, and Togekiss has been a great help in almost every battle that I play in. Whether it be helping me control Speed with Tailwind or Thunder Wave, redirect attacks aimed at her partners with Follow Me, deal that crazy flinch hax with Air Slash, and even just taking a hit to allow me get into a better position, Togekiss has not let me down.

I actually try really hard to make Doubles teams without Togekiss, but even on teams that start out without her, she finds her way back in almost no matter what. She's just great utility in Doubles.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

I'm going to say Flygon. He's a strong, fast attacker with excellent coverage as no-one in UU resists his STABs, great resistance to hazards and is immune to paralysis. With Roost he can even heal off any LO recoil without the need for a Wish user. The only thing he fears is the occasional Burn but even then Guts Heracross says hi to any Will-o-Wisp and can often power through bulky waters with Scald. Besides Stealth Rock it requires just about no team support and still reliably breaks face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    I'm going to say Flygon. He's a strong, fast attacker with excellent coverage as no-one in UU resists his STABs.
    Until you run into Bronzong. Escavalier's probably mine, when you need a bulky steel in RU he's so easy to just slap on a team.

Hitmontop :/
    Always used him on my team with technician with:
    Fakeout, pursuit, close combat , and rapid spin/protect/sideboard
    #punchingwithfeet

Necrobump, closing
    Back : D
    I help write the Pokemon of the Week!
    Trapped since February 9, 2013
    Woooo competitive. Also doing ASB, with my squad being here.
    Also have a Youtube channel where I do Nintendo News. Woo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123