Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full Power! (My HO Team)

Default Full Power! (My HO Team)

Full Power!

This is my first HO team, that I've used for a while. It's got to 1447 on Showdown, and counting. Please rate!

HypnoCat (Espeon) (F) @ Light Clay
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Wish
    - Psyshock

Espeon is my lead. I set up screens as quick as possible and then get out of there. If they try to set up rocks while say, Sala's in, then i switch back and they get reflected! Wish is for recovery late game and Psyshock is for if Espeon is my last poke.

Saladmence (Salamence) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Outrage
    - Fire Blast
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw

MoxieScarfMence. I love it. Outspeeds anything you're opponent can throw at it, and when you defeat THAT... Your attack gets higher! Outrage rocks, just don't use it on a team with Genesect, Ice Beam will kill you. Fire Blast handles Scizor and Skarm, and Earthquake handles Tenta. Dragon Claw is good against a Genesect team where you don't want to be locked into Outrage.

Mush Room? (Breloom) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Spore
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Seed
    - Mach Punch

Breloom is my pokemon that handles anything too scary for the rest of my team to take on (e.g Genesect) I switch in on a death and SPORE! Swords Dance can be used on a switch or sleep and then I Bullet Seed. Mach Punch gives me a bit of priority on the team, and Life Orb increases MP and BS's lackluster power to something a bit more respectable

Shadow (Gengar) (M) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Substitute

I needed a powerful spinblocker, so I chose Gengar. I chose the right attack for the Poke I'm against. Shadow Ball is STAB, Focus Blast covers Steel, Dark, Ice and Normal types. HP Fire covers Scizor and Skarm, and Subs can help me stall my HP back with Black Sludge

Shelly (Cloyster) (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Skill Link
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    - Icicle Spear
    - Shell Smash
    - Rock Blast
    - Razor Shell

No HO team is complete without Cloyster. Unless there's hazards, I Shell Smash, and then I can Icicle Spear or Rock Blast for immense power. Occasionally, Razor Shell might be useful for pokes that resist both Multi-attacks.

Superstar (Starmie) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Rapid Spin

Starmie is my spinner. I wanted a spinner that can do strong attacks, but I've always hated Donphan, so I chose Starmie. I get BoltBeam, and Hydro Pump is reliable STAB.

Feel free to import and test:
        Spoiler:- Import:

If you do import, please keep the nicknames,and Sala has to be shiny for the name to make sense.
    Please Rate!
    Last edited by Jazz™; 22nd November 2012 at 8:52 PM. Reason: Made some changes. They're in Bold

Credit to Shadow for the Buttons

Just a quick nitpick try King's Rock over Focus Sash on Cloyster this will get you quite a bit of flinches that always help

*Credit Goes To Sworn Metalhead*

minor nitpick, full rate later, but go disable>thunderbolt on gengar. thunderbolt doesn't really help, and starmie is already koed by STAB shadow ball.

salamence needs its ddance set, as it allows it to set up easier and be much more of a threat.

Salamence @Life Orb
    - Moxie -
    Naughty/ Adamant
    252 atk/ 4 SpA/ 252 speed
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast/ Brick Break

Breloom, replace with a Swords Dance Terrakion. this eliminates some mamoswine weakness, and allows it to be much more threatening.

Terrakion @Life Orb
    - Justified -
    Jolly
    252 atk/ 4 def/ 252 speed
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake/ Substitute

SD terrakion has a lot of opportunity to set up, or even lead by faking a deo-d lead. simply substitute or swords dance as they switch out, say, genesect, and wreak havoc. earthquake is another option over sub, if you want some coverage options and a quake-edge combo, and it also hits some random pokes harder than normal, like golurk and nidoking/queen, 3 reliable counters to terrakion.

you are also fairly weak to SD lucario, especially priority variants. now, with you being less mamo weak with terrakion, change scizor to Rock Polish Genesect. HO teams often get a lot of opportunities to set up, so rock polish genesect is a great edition. it also beats and revenge kills SD lucario, as well as being a great late game sweeper.

Genesect @Life Orb
    - Download -
    Timid
    252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 speed
    - Rock Polish
    - Bug Buzz
    - Flamethrower
    - Thunderbolt/Ice Beam

i would also recommend a spinner, as rocks and opposing spikes offense really hurt you, especially as both can be on opposing hyper offense teams. forretress>deoxys-d might well fix it.

other pokemon that might give you trouble:

- any form of Volcarona, if rocks arent up
    - +1 gyarados
    - Baton pass teams
    - Rain Offense
    - Sun Offense with Gene+Duggy
    - more

all in all, it needs a bit more work and/or thought put into it as a team. i suggest reading an article or two on hyper offense and team-building in general, just for future purposes.
    Last edited by Klaus™; 26th October 2012 at 1:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jr Breshears View Post
    Just a quick nitpick try King's Rock over Focus Sash on Cloyster this will get you quite a bit of flinches that always help
    Cloyster needs focus sash to at least survive for the first turn to set up shell smash, and after that there's the danger of being one-shot by neutral (or super-effective) special moves and strong piority users like Scizor and it's bullet punch, Cloyster will need focus sash even if it doesn't get hit on the turn it sets up, and the rare nightmare of it's opponent surviving icicle spear or rock blast (rock blast may even miss) and then Cloyster will DEFINITELY need focus sash then to try again in the event of a rock blast miss or to finish what it started with the first icicle spear.

I'd replace fire fang with another move a super-effective fire fang does less damage than a neutral-damage outrage:

65 x 2 (supper-effective) =130
    120 x 1.5 (STAB) =180

so I'd recommend Dragon Dance for a pre-moxie boost (as Darklord said).

OR

Go for Mixed Salamence and give it a Naive or Hasty nature and replace Fire Fang with Flamethrower or Fire Blast (hits Skarmory more painfully too).

If you decide to use this I'd use an EV set of 156 Atk/ 100 Sp.Atk/ 252 Speed

EDIT: Outrage/Earthquake/Fire Blast(flamethrower) gives perfect coverage so I'd replace crunch with dragon dance (also ensures outspeeding specs Thundurus-Therian).
    Last edited by QuoteMissy; 26th October 2012 at 1:57 AM.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

For some reason my damage calc isnt working right now so onto what you said. On Cloyster its pretty easy to get a shell smash so sash isnt all that needed, send it onto something that forces a switch and shell smash. I can beat grass types with icicle spear and electric types with rock bast. Scizor takes 2-3 hits to KO cloyster iirc so imo kings rock is better than sash imo it mostly depends on prefernece. After all its a suggestion to test he doesnt have to do it if he doesnt want to. Also dragon claw > crunch and fire fang < fire blast might be better and also naive over jolly for fire blast.
    Last edited by Jr Breshears; 26th October 2012 at 2:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jr Breshears View Post
    For some reason my damage calc isnt working right now so onto what you said. On Cloyster its pretty easy to get a shell smash so sash isnt all that needed, send it onto something that forces a switch and shell smash. I can beat grass types with icicle spear and electric types with rock bast. Scizor takes 2-3 hits to KO iirc so imo kings rock is better than sash it mostly depends on prefernece. After all its a suggestion to test he doesnt have to do it if he doesnt want to. Also dragon claw > crunch and fire fang < fire blast might be better and also naive over jolly for fire blast.
    kings rock is too gimmicky to use effectively. focus sash is its best bet. also, not only electric or grass types carry those type moves. js.....

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    kings rock is too gimmicky to use effectively. focus sash is its best bet. also, not only electric or grass types carry those type moves. js.....
    Its really not gimmicky lots of good OU battles use it I even saw a team with one peaked 3rd with in the 1700s on PO again its just a suggestion. Oh also you could try the SD Tech set on Breloom which is

Breloom @ Fight Gem
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature
    -Swords Dance
    -Spore
    -Mach Punch
    -Bullet Seed

This gives you priority and this set would fit well with this team, you could also try out Jolly over Adamant with the HP evs into Speed but isnt needed. I would also not suggest forry over deo d, deo d is far better than forry on a HO team you need to have a fast stealth rocker and lay spikes as fast as you can which forry doesnt do.
    Last edited by Jr Breshears; 26th October 2012 at 2:21 AM.

just because you ladder high does not mean you are good, or even know what you are doing. pokemon is a luck based game. learn that now.

just because you ladder high does not mean you are good, or even know what you are doing. pokemon is a luck based game. learn that now.
    Easy there!

Anyways, I forgot to mention, if you notice that Deoxys-D isn't staying as long as you'd hoped, I'd recommend recover over spikes, you get to stay awhile and pummel on with night shade, it might be one less type of hazards to put down but unlike spikes, stealth rocks hit levitate users and flying types, so you still have some degree of hazards damage on everything (baring magic guard users who are immune from residual damage overall), but you get the added ability of regeneration as well.

Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMaster View Post
    Easy there!

Anyways, I forgot to mention, if you notice that Deoxys-D isn't staying as long as you'd hoped, I'd recommend recover over spikes, you get to stay awhile and pummel on with night shade, it might be one less type of hazards to put down but unlike spikes, stealth rocks hit levitate users and flying types, so you still have some degree of hazards damage on everything (baring magic guard users who are immune from residual damage overall), but you get the added ability of regeneration as well.
    Recover isnt bad at all but I really think you need spikes so maybe over taunt or shadow sneak since hes more of a set up hazards and go type of pokemon. And if you do it over taunt then I would try mental herb a go over rocky helmet so you can still setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands View Post
    Full Power!

This is my first HO team, that I've used for a while. It's got to 1447 on Showdown, and counting. Please rate!

Deoxys-Damn (Deoxys-D) @ Rocky Helmet
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - Taunt
    - Night Shade

Deoxys is my lead. I try to set up rocks and spikes as quickly as possible, and if I'm against another hazarder, I taunt. From then on, I just spam Night Shade. It only takes 3 or 4 to KO most pokes, and Deoxys lasts a while.

Pretty standard stuff here. Maybe try Magic Coat over Taunt, as it will reflect opposing Taunts and Hazards, most notably from opposing Dexoys-D

Saladmence (Salamence) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Moxie
    - Outrage
    - Fire Fang
    - Earthquake
    - Crunch

MoxieScarfMence. I love it. Outspeeds anything you're opponent can throw at it, and when you defeat THAT... Your attack gets higher! Outrage rocks, just don't use it on a team with Genesect, Ice Beam will kill you. Fire Fang handles Scizor, and Earthquake handles Tenta. Crunch is for the occasional ghost or psychic type.

Perhaps put Dragon Claw>Crunch so that you don't have to be locked into Outrage if you want to just come in and revenge something and they still have a steel type. Plus Outrage hits all Ghost and Psychic types for more damage then Crunch

Mush Room? (Breloom) (M) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    - Spore
    - Drain Punch
    - Seed Bomb
    - Stone Edge
    Breloom is my pokemon that handles anything too scary for the rest of my team to take on (e.g Genesect) I switch in on a death and SPORE! Drain Punch coupled with poison heal keeps me on full health pretty well. Seed Bomb is STAB, and Stone Edge for Gengar.

It's an interesting set but Breloom is just not all that bulky so using it as a tank doesn't work so well. Plus it kinda comes up short if you're not running Technician/Swords Dance/Focus Punch. I'd suggest running Techniloom instead

Gengar (Shadow) (M) @ Black Sludge
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Thunderbolt
    - Substitute

I needed a powerful spinblocker, so I chose Gengar. I get a sub up, then chose the right attack for the Poke I'm against. Shadow Ball is STAB, Focus Blast covers Steel, Dark, Ice and Normal types. T-Bolt takes out Starmie.

I don't know how much extra coverage Tbolt really gives you. Useful for hitting Mandibuzz maybe?? Best if you drop it for Disable/Pain Split

Shelly (Cloyster) (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Skill Link
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Icicle Spear
    - Shell Smash
    - Rock Blast
    - Razor Shell

No HO team is complete without Cloyster. Unless there's hazards, I Shell Smash, and then I can Icicle Spear or Rock Blast for immense power. Occasionally, Razor Shell might be useful for Fire types like Heatran, that resist both Multi-attacks.

Seeing as you have no spinner, the sash is next to useless if your opponent manages to get even 1 layer of hazards up. Unless you manage to keep hazards off the field in every game you play (unlikely) then a better item would be White Herb, which will restore your defensive stats after the Shell Smash. Or even a Kings Rock which will give you a 45%ish chance to flinch the opponent after an Icicle Spear/Rock Blast. Might not seem useful or maybe a bit gimmicky, but it's almost certainly a safer option over Focus Sash, especially with Sand running around everywhere. Also I suggest running a Naive/Naughty nature and Surf/Hydro Pump over Razor Shell. Cloysters SpDef is so bad that dropping it some more will make nearly no difference. The Special water move is there mainly to hit things like Magnezone and Skarmory who take next to nothing from your multi-hit moves and even from Razor Shell too

Scissors (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Bullet Punch
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower
    - U-turn

Scizor is my final power attacker. It takes down Lati@s and Mamo. Bullet Punch is for Ice types like Mamo. Pursuit and U-Turn handle both Lati's whether or not they switch out. Superpower just kills pretty much anything.

Pretty standard stuff here again. I would suggest running Quick Attack over Pursuit, since Choice locking yourself into Pursuit is pretty much free set-up for your opponent next turn. Quick attack will let you pick off weakened Electric foes such as Jolteon/Rotom-W/Thundurus-T, who would resist your Bullet Punch. It also lets you deal some better damage to fire types like Infernape and Volcarona. I know Pursuit trapping the Lati twins sounds fun, but more often then not they carry HP Fire and will take you out before you can U-Turn/Pursuit. If you're certain they're choice locked into Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse and they have to switch then you can safely U-Turn and get Switch advantage. If you're unsure if they're Choice Locked, your best bet is to just Bullet Punch them

Please Rate!
    Changes done in red

Things you may have trouble with

-Stealth Rock

Seriously, 2 of your pokes are weak to it and only 1 resists it. Investing in a Spinner/Magic Bouner may save your life here. Or just modify the team to be less rocks weak?

-Skarmory

Once Gengar is gone, nothing on your team can really touch it. Even Fire Fang from Mence will fail to do very much. Perhaps think about adding a Special Attacker, or at least some more Special Attacks

-Set up sweepers

Something like Rock Polish Landy can easily set up on say Deoxys and proceed to destroy your team with Earth Power/Hp Ice/Psychic. This is somewhat alleviated with Cloyster being sashed, but if even 1 layer of hazards are up, your only shot is for Scizors Bullet Punch to really come through for you

-Speedy threats

Tornadus-T can totally destroy you with Hurricane. Maybe you could add in a nice Mixed Wall like Porygon2 or Cresselia to tank hits like that

Salamence should definitely be Naive with some SpA investment with Fire Blast. Fire Fang's base Power is absolutely laughable. Also, Poison Heal Breloom is SEVERELY outclassed by Technician Breloom.

i would also recommend a spinner, as rocks and opposing spikes offense really hurt you, especially as both can be on opposing hyper offense teams. forretress>deoxys-d might well fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    Changes done in red

Things you may have trouble with

-Stealth Rock

Seriously, 2 of your pokes are weak to it and only 1 resists it. Investing in a Spinner/Magic Bouner may save your life here. Or just modify the team to be less rocks weak?
    Yeah, a spinner is recommended on any type of team. although personally I wouldn't replace Deoxys-D with it

The prime sprinners for OU are: Starmie, Tentacruel, Donphan, and Forretress, however, I would recommend the Starmie the most since it has Natural Cure to heal off toxic spikes after spinning them away and switching out. However, Tentacruel also works since it can use rapid spin as well as lay down hazards of its own (toxic spike layers), plus it absorbs toxic spikes upon entry unlike Starmie who takes damage and has to switch out to get rid of the toxic condition however aside from Starmie the latter 3 are a bit stall-based may ruin your momentum, plus Tentacruel is a little relient on weather due to rain dish, but it presents an opportunity against the ever so common rain teams found in OU.

This set for Starmie has worked well for me:

Starmie @ Leftovers
    Timid
    Natural Cure
    4 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Speed
    -Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Rapid Spin
    Last edited by QuoteMissy; 26th October 2012 at 6:55 AM.

Made lots of changes, so please continue to rate!

Why do you have Mental Herb on Deoxys?! It cures attracted status - Deoxys is non-gendered - immune in the first place! Try leftovers or red card if you don't see much use for mental herb, as far as I have seen on PO, taunters aren't used very often and the ones I have ran into is the obvious Aerodactyl, plus you can still pummel on with 100 base power nightshades.

Why are you running a mixed Cloyster? The EV set-up for it doesn't doesn't give it much support for it's Sp.Atk stat, plus, it's not rare to see Heatran run 31/30/30/31/31/31 for HP Ice 70, so it's physical defense would be weaker than it's Sp.Def, a 252 Atk EV, smash boosted, STAB Razor Shell should do the deed just fine. If you still see the need for a mixed Cloyster, run Naive as well for a speed advantage and stick some attack EVs and the 4 defense EVs into Sp.Atk.

EDIT: Nevermind the crossed statement.
    Last edited by QuoteMissy; 26th October 2012 at 8:20 PM.

Hi there. I don't really play anymore but I am a fan of HO so, hey, why not give a rate?

Pretty cool team you got here, but it can use some changes.
    - From what I've heard, there's a whole lot of HO Teams on the ladder, so you may want to change Deoxys-D's moveset to sort of help out with that. May I suggest this set?:
    Deoxys-D @ Rocky Helmet / Red Card / Fire Gem
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd or 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - Taunt / Hidden Power [Fire] / Psycho Boost
    - Magic Coat / Hidden Power [Fire] / Psycho Boost

If you go with the EVs you currently have, I suggest you use Rocky Helmet so U-turners such as Genesect or Scizor take 13% of damage which can be very helpful in the long run. You can also use Red Card which can be helpful vs teams such as Baton Pass teams or to get off a guaranteed Stealth Rocks down. Taunt obviously stops opposing teams from setting up against you, namely Stall. Magic Coat also helps against opposing Deoxys-D because speed ties can be a pain. It also help against Taunt Terrkaion

If you use the more Offensive EVs, I suggest you use Fire Gem along with Hidden Power [Fire] because it will OHKO Scizor almost 100% of the time and do a lot of damage to Ferrothorn. You can also use Psycho Boost to hit things like Tentacruel and Donphan much harder, since they can be the two spinners that are a pain in the butt.
    - If you're going to be using Scarf Mence, just use 252 Atk | 4 SpA | 252 Spd with a Naive Nature. You will be using a Physical Dragon Move most of the time anyway, most likely Outrage. It makes a much better Late Game sweeper anyway.

- Breloom seems fine.

- May I also suggest a Gengar set that I found to be pretty fun and good to use? It fits quite nice with HO Teams.
    Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Protect

I got this set from a friend and I found it to work very well. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast are standard moves for Gengar. But Hidden Power [Fire] + Protect may seem odd, but it works. It beats Scizor most of the time, since you can Protect to scout for either a Bullet Punch where you can just switch out, or a slower move which you can then KO it. Hidden Power [Fire] also hits Forretress and Ferrothorn much harder. It also helps stall out Rain Dance Kingdra and Trick Room Reuniclus if you can get the Double Protect
    - I am a bit iffy on Cloyster, but hey, if it works for you that's fine.

- You don't really need a spinner on an HO Team. Maybe try swapping Starmie for another sweeper like Swords Dance Lucario / Dragon Dance Dragonite / Swords Dance Terrakion.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Level 1 Frenzy Boar; 26th October 2012 at 10:14 PM.

The only thing im sort of iffy on is 2 water types with Starmie and Cloyster. that and running a non D-dance mence...if a good electric type comes your way then you might just not be able to win. the salamences eathquake is the only thing that can really do some damage and if it goes down then your water types sort of have to fend for themselves..

Quote Originally Posted by theebay707 View Post
    Hi there. I don't really play anymore but I am a fan of HO so, hey, why not give a rate?

Pretty cool team you got here, but it can use some changes.
    - From what I've heard, there's a whole lot of HO Teams on the ladder, so you may want to change Deoxys-D's moveset to sort of help out with that. May I suggest this set?:

- If you're going to be using Scarf Mence, just use 252 Atk | 4 SpA | 252 Spd with a Naive Nature. You will be using a Physical Dragon Move most of the time anyway, most likely Outrage. It makes a much better Late Game sweeper anyway.

- Breloom seems fine.

- May I also suggest a Gengar set that I found to be pretty fun and good to use? It fits quite nice with HO Teams.

- I am a bit iffy on Cloyster, but hey, if it works for you that's fine.

- You don't really need a spinner on an HO Team. Maybe try swapping Starmie for another sweeper like Swords Dance Lucario / Dragon Dance Dragonite / Swords Dance Terrakion.

Good luck!
    I thought you got banned.
    Thanks for everyone's rates, I think the team is getting a lot better now.

your team is too reliant on deo-d, your team needs volturn if its HO, also can you post a threat list please

Quote Originally Posted by A Moon Gust View Post
    your team is too reliant on deo-d, your team needs volturn if its HO, also can you post a threat list please
    Team is hardly reliant on Deoxys-D. Sure he's there to get up hazards and reflect opposing hazards, but that's pretty much standard for HO.

Also a HO team doesn't need volt-turn

@Jazz Hands, I think Life Orb is generally a better item on Breloom rather then Fight Gem. Sure the 50% boost is nice, but it only works once and only on Mach Punch. Life Orb gives a 30% boost to all moves and sticks around as long as Breloom is alive.

Also just a note that Heatran takes neutral damage from Rock Blast, it doesn't resist it

Dude.
    When King's Rock is used with multi-hit moves, the flinch factor is accounted for all five hits. With Skill Link, Cloyster can have a potential 41% flinch rate when using Icicle Spear or Rock Blast, which is in fact not so gimmicky as you think, though I would preferably run that set with Paralysis support.

I'll do a full rate later
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Heya!

ooooh HO ... great play style

anyway some stuff on stuff :

1/ SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS
    where are them screens .. i see none THEREFORE i conclude that this is not HO.

Been said that some one may need some magic bounce so the addition of the epic espeon would do nicely:

Espeon@Light Clay
    Magic Bounce
    Timid
    252HP 252Spe 4Def
    -Light Screen
    -Reflect
    -Wish
    -Psyshock

Here we have the espeon that would help the team hugely imo. Firstly magic bounce, in effect, nulifies the sr weakness as espeon can be swiched in whenever there would be a likely sr attack. Even though Taunt on Deoxys could do this job the point of MB is that ALL of these sort of attacks can be returned. I have used many a HO team and am fairly sure that Espeon does a great job of backing up those sweepers. Now the EV sweep is to provide bulk and speed so that screens can be set up quickly and efficeintly, wish is for things that might do well to have re-energised and then go back on the offensive.

This would be switched for either deoxys or gengar imo so that there isnt much type changeing around. The only problem is that there is now a massive dark and bug weakness to the team. though these are kinda covered from the rest of the team.

2/ Hp fire on deoxys AND gengar doesnt do it for me. a better spread would be to have ice on one and fire on the other.

3/ LO on starmie as i doubt that spinning is its main point .. even though that was why it was on the team in the first place

Push da button

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    Dude.
    When King's Rock is used with multi-hit moves, the flinch factor is accounted for all five hits. With Skill Link, Cloyster can have a potential 41% flinch rate when using Icicle Spear or Rock Blast, which is in fact not so gimmicky as you think, though I would preferably run that set with Paralysis support.

I'll do a full rate later
    its still too unreliable. those odds dont help me at all. i happen to think if its not half or above, its not safe to rely on it. i find that focus sash is best, as it almost guarantees a shell smash. i happen to not like gimmicks. and im entitled to my opinion. 41% is not good odds for me. now everyone stop jumping down my throat.

Quote Originally Posted by JhenMohranMH3 View Post
    Heya!

ooooh HO ... great play style

anyway some stuff on stuff :

1/ SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS
    where are them screens .. i see none THEREFORE i conclude that this is not HO.

Been said that some one may need some magic bounce so the addition of the epic espeon would do nicely:

Espeon@Light Clay
    Magic Bounce
    Timid
    252HP 252Spe 4Def
    -Light Screen
    -Reflect
    -Wish
    -Psyshock

Here we have the espeon that would help the team hugely imo. Firstly magic bounce, in effect, nulifies the sr weakness as espeon can be swiched in whenever there would be a likely sr attack. Even though Taunt on Deoxys could do this job the point of MB is that ALL of these sort of attacks can be returned. I have used many a HO team and am fairly sure that Espeon does a great job of backing up those sweepers. Now the EV sweep is to provide bulk and speed so that screens can be set up quickly and efficeintly, wish is for things that might do well to have re-energised and then go back on the offensive.

This would be switched for either deoxys or gengar imo so that there isnt much type changeing around. The only problem is that there is now a massive dark and bug weakness to the team. though these are kinda covered from the rest of the team.

2/ Hp fire on deoxys AND gengar doesnt do it for me. a better spread would be to have ice on one and fire on the other.

3/ LO on starmie as i doubt that spinning is its main point .. even though that was why it was on the team in the first place
    Thanks!
    I think I'll replace Deoxys with Espeon and put LO on Starmie.

Maybe try Jolly on Cloyster? And Leftovers on Starmie would help. (no 10% damage very time you spin)

Pretty good team anyway, testing it right now.

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast