Thread: Has Chansey surpassed Blissey???

Default Has Chansey surpassed Blissey???

One upon a time in the 4th gen, Blissey was the main special wall on any team. However, with the turn of the generation, more powerful moves and Polemon were introduced and she has lost some of her former glory. But then, when all hope seemed lost, a new item was also introduced: Eviolite. Now this new toy doesn't affect Blissey directly, but it does give reasons for people to use her involved form, Chansey. Yet some people still cling on to the old fashioned days of watching people pull their hair out as they attempt to get past Blissey, as she can actually do damage outside of seismic toss and can hold an item.

So begs the question, what do you prefer: Blissey or Eviolite Chansey? Discuss!
    My Youtube Channel is finally up!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dooplissity

No, Blissey is still overall better due to Leftovers and the ability to attack besides Seismic Toss. But Chansey has uses too. Its a great counter to mixed dragons.

Chancey is great, but blissey works better in weather stall teams(Due to leftovers) and with the calm mind set.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Blissey still has advantages over Chansey that can be vital. Leftovers recovery. The ability to use an attack other than Seismic Toss (because base 35 Special Attack isn't hurting anything) so it means she won't be set up on by as much stuff as Chansey would be. Still, Eviolite Chansey is bulkier overall than Blissey is and that helps her take some of the hits Blissey wouldn't be able to take and such a fact should be emphasised when using Chansey over Blissey otherwise, stick to Blissey as the Leftovers recovery will be missed if using Eviolite Chansey.
    Don't judge me or my life choices unless you know and understand the reasons behind them.

Though Chansey has its uses, Blissey is generally better for the aforementioned reasons such a leftovers recovery. Also, if Chansey loses its Evolite due to Knock Off/Trick/Switcheroo, it is severely crippled. I speak from experience, as my Trick Starmie frequently renders Chansey all but useless.
    Looking for legit Flawless and Near-Flawless Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by PaluWoj View Post
    Though Chansey has its uses, Blissey is generally better for the aforementioned reasons such a leftovers recovery. Also, if Chansey loses its Evolite due to Knock Off/Trick/Switcheroo, it is severely crippled. I speak from experience, as my Trick Starmie frequently renders Chansey all but useless.
    That much is true with practically any Defensive Pokemon but losing Eviolite means it loses bulk as opposed to Leftovers recovery that most Defensive Pokemon rely on.
    Don't judge me or my life choices unless you know and understand the reasons behind them.

Blissey is better cause of leftovers, ability, attacks other than sesmic toss. The time that i like chansey is toxic+protect

My OU Party
    Pokemon Trainer threw a Haxball
    I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF A 3DS
    Ioliolk-user bar Zekerom-pokeball Gladeshadow-team pose TheDarkDragons-fusion Pokegirlforever- Walking pokemon
    Big thanks to all of you

^ Hey, I thought you said Chansey was better than Blissey in OU?

Anyway, Blissey is still the superior choice, which is sad as it means that the Evolite is left to be desired by other NFE Pokemon.

Hmm, I actually like Chansey a little bit more. I use it in my current Ubers team, and being able to survive 2 consecutive Specs Kyogre Water Spouts is truly amazing

As for OU... I don't know. Contrary to the usage stats I have seen much more Chanseys than Blisseys. However, Bliss still has some advantages over her older sister like being able to use an attacking move other than SToss, or Leftovers recovery. I think it mainly boils down to the players preference, both Pokemon are really good.

A lot of people declared that Chansey would surpass Blissey, this site's PotW even said so, but the actuality is that Blissey remains the more useful of the two in a metagame driven by weather, especially sand. Even out of continual damage, leftovers add up.

Chansey is still useful, no denying that, and it takes surprise physical hits better too. But Blissey is here to stay.
    "I now understand the basics of battle, but have much yet left to learn of combat. While I can hold my own, I cannot call myself anything more than a trainer"

No, they have different uses.
    "Love without truth is not real love, truth without love is not real truth"
    [IMG]http://oi51.*******.com/qn1ftl.jpg[/IMG]
    Credit to Wolftamer
        Spoiler:- Quote:

Okay, so I have a question that pertains to Chansey. Ive always thought that it was best to max out health first before defenses, however I've found that a max defenses Chansey works FAR better than a max health Chansey (or even Blissey for that matter). It's special defense maxes out at 430-something with 640-something health making it by far the bulkiest special wall in the game. Any feedback?
    My Youtube Channel is finally up!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dooplissity

Quote Originally Posted by Medicham's Hat View Post
    Okay, so I have a question that pertains to Chansey. Ive always thought that it was best to max out health first before defenses, however I've found that a max defenses Chansey works FAR better than a max health Chansey (or even Blissey for that matter). It's special defense maxes out at 430-something with 640-something health making it by far the bulkiest special wall in the game. Any feedback?
    When you're dealing with high HP Pokemon like Chansey and Blissey, it is more beneficial to max out defenses before HP. It's when you have lower HP Pokemon that maxing HP becomes more beneficial.

Chansey is alot better now, but Blissey is still the stronger one.

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

This question gets asked quite a lot but I'll address it. Yes, in terms of defences, Chansey has a slight edge over Blissey, but not enough to negate the fact Blissey has access to Leftovers and the ability to run special attacks, preventing it from becoming a set up bait from the likes of prominent Dragon Dancers or SubGengar, who is immune to whatever Blissey can throw at him bar Thunder Wave or something. The usage statistics of April shows that Blissey is still used much over Chansey, where the former is #27 in rank while the latter ends up in #58. There seems to be a good reason for that I suppose.

I'm not dismissing Chansey's usefulness, but I find it much safer to use Blissey overall than Chansey. The metagame seems to be filled with a need to run Ice Beam or Flamethrower to deal with some switch-ins who would otherwise cause much havoc to someone running a "easy-bait" Chansey. Eviolite is not a saviour to all NFEs... though it seems people are using Dusclops over Dusknoir, which I am greatly distressed about, but I won't bother addressing that.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I use a chansey and a blissey. It really depends on what kind of team I'm facing.

Knock off or Trick renders Chansey useless... So I'm going with Blissey

Trading my almost perfect UT Timid Mewtwo! Its IVs are 31/22/31/31/30/31. You can verify the calculation here:

Spoiler:- Credits and my FC:

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTongFlute View Post
    The latter does the same for Blissey, the former makes Chansey less defensive (it's still quite bulky) and gets rid of Blissey's recovery, so both hate it...
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Trick renders blissey useless as well. And it doen't make too much of a difference if you get knocked off, because chansey still has pretty high defenses.

I'd go with Blissey because of the fact that her base statistics are a bit higher than Chansey's. However it is only fair because of Blissey being the evolved form of Chansey. Either way, their attack statistics are really really low. Although, seeing as how they have such a high HP stat., that kind of makes up for it. It really doesn't matter for me. It's like someone already said, it depends on who you're going against.

I personally wasn't much of a fan of chansey at first, but after trying it out, it works pretty well. And it definitely is a matter of preference.

chansey is cuter but leftover blissey with sesmetic toss i like to see you not open your mouth. you cant.
    me:cat use scratch. friend:your cat is not a pokemon. ME: OH YEAH? CAT USE GROWL. CAT:MEOW (SHUT UP! JUST BECAUSE I CAN DO THAT DOES NOT MEAN I WILL DO THAT!) FRIEND:HA HA! ME:FEEL THE WRATH OF MY CHARZAIRD! FRIEND: DUDE THATS A TOY. ME:WAH! CAT AND FRIEND:HAH HAH! IDIOT. LATER: HEY CAT IS THAT A ARCANINE?! CAT:MEOW (I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT IS BUT I DONT LIKE CANINES.) FRIEND:RUN! ME: HAH HAH. TURD FACE...I TOLD HIM POKEMON WERE REAL. BY AGGRON GUY

Woah, this is back from the days before dattebayo was banned and when I still thought Calm Mind Blissy was viable...talk about a bump.

But anyway, Blissey excels at putting up with the common sandstorm teams and all around surviving because of it's leftovers, and Chansey can is better for taking physical attacks and Psyshock. Though, Blissey seems to be the most popular now in days, so I guess that really proves that leftovers can make a big difference.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.