Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elemental Strike Tournaments

Default Elemental Strike Tournaments

[COLOR="#000000"][CENTER]

Current Tournament

Alright folks we will go with mono type gym leader style

Rules monotype

all battles will take place on pokemon showdown

you must choose a gym leader and make your team base off that gym leaders team, any leader from any gen can be use

1.Turbo
    2.Nick
    3.Revenge
    4.Muse
    5.Nasus
    6. Coyote
    7.Beet
    8.Godzilla

Bracket can be found: http://challonge.com/x7ys967h

Past Tournaments
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

Alright beat Muse in a bo3 4-0 then 0-3 then 3-0 ggs

I will now make Revenge the winner of the gym leader tounrey since his team is my team's huge counter

Revenge gets to pick the next tounrey

Wins a usebar

and 40 clan points congrats to Revenge

http://xat.com/VenenoOsicurdad
    come here and well Idk

Quote Originally Posted by woebegonenick View Post
    Alright beat Muse in a bo3 4-0 then 0-3 then 3-0 ggs

I will now make Revenge the winner of the gym leader tounrey since his team is my team's huge counter

Revenge gets to pick the next tounrey

Wins a usebar

and 40 clan points congrats to Revenge
    Thanks, I dedicate this win to the Water Division

As I mentioned a few days ago, I'd like to make this next tournament monocolor, using this as a reference - http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...A9mon_by_color (Each participant selects a different color).

I'll start by selecting blue.
    Last edited by Jinvaani; 4th March 2013 at 11:32 PM.

I choose brown

Alex White: 4986 2073 6140
    Alex White 2: 3483 0373 0109
    3DS FC: 0318-7221-3321
    HA Pokes: Froakie, Gothorita, Ditto, Breloom, Diggersby, goomy, eevee, gliscor, skiddo,

I might consider banning/limiting some colors actually... some are way too overpowered.

Alternatively, if anyone has any suggestions/preferences for a tournament, please come forward and say something

Quote Originally Posted by RevengeHitokage View Post
    Thanks, I dedicate this win to the Water Division

As I mentioned a few days ago, I'd like to make this next tournament monocolor, using this as a reference - http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...A9mon_by_color (Each participant selects a different color).

I'll start by selecting blue.
    Green, cuz pro.

EDIT: Nah nvm, I prefer random.
    I suggest the tourney holder to randomize the color for the participants using some kind of unknown method. Because I can see that Green, Blue & Brown color will completely dominate the game and could easily destroy weak colors such as pink, red, yellow, & etc. Imbalance match wont be fun, (EX: Green: politoed, tornadus, breloom, reuni, flygon, yanmega. gl with that lol)

Or banning weather from play might work too.
    Last edited by AnakBaé; 5th March 2013 at 3:32 AM.

Or how about limiting each team to a total of 3 OU pokes.

HA Pokes: Froakie, Gothorita, Ditto, Breloom, Diggersby, goomy, eevee, gliscor, skiddo,

crap Anak said my color green lol should we randomize the colors then

come here and well Idk

WEll in the case of monoclour I want dibs on Yellow.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

Quote Originally Posted by AnakBae View Post
    I suggest the tourney holder to randomize the color for the participants using some kind of unknown method. Because I can see that Green, Blue & Brown color will completely dominate the game and could easily destroy weak colors such as pink, red, yellow, & etc. Imbalance match wont be fun, (EX: Green: politoed, tornadus, breloom, reuni, flygon, yanmega. gl with that lol)

Or banning weather from play might work too.
    You should have seen the hyper offensive blue team I created, seriously.

It would have ended your pokémon career then and there

----

Anyway, I'll leave the decision to Nick. If we can't find a decent compromise, just play an OU tournament, standard rules and such.

i choose RED. may the almighty poke gods allow me to have RED. i can destroy the color blue or any other color.

ps that was friendly trash talk guys so bring it
    3ds friend code:1091-7776-4833

XBOX GAMERTAG: PIZZA NINJA831 [DONT ASK BOUT THE NAME]

I WATCH A TON OF ANIME,SO I GUESS YOU CAN SAY MY DREAM NO AMBITION WAS INFLUENCED BY IT ALOT HAHAHA.

CHANGING THE WORLD ONE STEP AT A TIME.

You should have seen the hyper offensive blue team I created, seriously.

It would have ended your pokémon career then and there

----

Anyway, I'll leave the decision to Nick. If we can't find a decent compromise, just play an OU tournament, standard rules and such.
    OU is boring as hell :/
    but its your choice man, even though I still prefer "clear skies" monocolor c:

Since everybody has already got a color randomizing it is pointless

come here and well Idk

If it's not too late I'd like to join. I pick blue
    X and Y FC: 3136-7169-1610

Lol no one liked my idea : (

Seriously I think we could solve the problem of a color being op if we just limit each team to a certain number of OU pokes. I figure each color has to have like atleast 3. then we can have fun by choosing some non OU pokes and still do well for a change.

Sorry agito I think revenge already has blue, but you can pick another color. If we're just choosing with no limitations I'm sticking with brown : P

In that case then I'm going with purple
    X and Y FC: 3136-7169-1610

This could be an exciting tournament, each color has its own argument for winning it (unlike the last tournament with uneven matchups). It'll also broaden our experience of using Pokémon we haven't really considered before, and learn to make the most of what we've got (sometimes we take our team members for granted).

--------------------

On a separate note, as the winner of the previous tournament (Gym Leader Monotype), I thought I'd share with you the team I used to win:

Spoiler:- Misty's Team:

--------------------

...And signs ups for the Bulbapedia-based Monocolor Tournament are as follows:
    Revenge – Blue
    Beet – Brown
    Anakbae – Green
    Muse – Yellow
    Draco Star – Red
    Agito – Purple
    Nick – Pink
    Coyote – Gray

The remaining colors available are: Black and White.

The Rules:
    - 6 vs 6.
    - Lvl. 100.
    - Double Elimination tournament.
    - Battles must be played using either Pokémon Online or Pokémon Showdown.
    - Use only Bulbapedia as a color reference: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...A9mon_by_color
    - 3 OU Pokémon maximum, per team.
    - Shinies are allowed as long as the pokémon remains within your selected color category (e.g. shiny charizard is still considered red).
    - Standard Smogon Rules (e.g. sleep clause, evasion clause, species clause and ohko clause).
    - Strictly no ubers.
    - Weather is banned (I'm looking at you Anakbae ;D)
    - Cannot swap colors once the tournament has begun.
    - Can swap team members in between battles.

The tournament will begin as soon as the remaining places are filled. This provides time to prepare, build and test teams.
    Last edited by Jinvaani; 7th March 2013 at 1:38 AM.

I will go with pink

and banning weather is all up to you but the smogon ban list comes into play all the time though so no tornadus t and stuff like that

come here and well Idk

The way I see it, we have 2 options:

1. 3 OU maximum per team.
    OR
    2. Ban/limit blue and brown (Unless you are happy to face them. Please take a look). Also, are we allowing weather?

Which would you guys be happier with? Thoughts/opinions are welcome

This could be an exciting tournament, each color has its own argument for winning it (unlike the last tournament with uneven matchups). It'll also broaden our experience of using Pokémon we haven't really considered before, and learn to make the most of what we've got (sometimes we take our team members for granted).

Also: I'll take WHITE if blue is banned!! ;P

--------------------

On a separate note, as the winner of the previous tournament (Gym Leader Monotype), I thought I'd share with you the team I used to win:

Spoiler:- Misty's Team:

--------------------

...And signs ups for the Bulbapedia-based Monocolor Tournament are now closed:
    Revenge – Blue (Subject to debate)
    Beet – Brown (Subject to debate)
    Anakbae – Green
    Muse – Yellow
    Draco Star – Red
    Agito – Purple
    Nick – Pink
    Coyote – Gray

The remaining colors available are: Black and White, in case you want/need to swap.

The Rules:
    - 6 vs 6.
    - Lvl. 100.
    - Use only Bulbapedia as a color reference: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...A9mon_by_color
    - Shinies are allowed as long as the pokémon remains within your selected color category (e.g. shiny charizard is still considered red).
    - Standard Smogon Rules (e.g. sleep clause, evasion clause, species clause and ohko clause).
    - Strictly no ubers.
    - Weather may or may not be banned (will edit this afterwards)

The tournament will begin somewhere between Friday (03/08/12) and Monday (03/11/12) (Will finalise the date once discussed with Nick). This allows time to prepare, build and test teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by woebegonenick View Post
    I will go with pink

and banning weather is all up to you but the smogon ban list comes into play all the time though so no tornadus t and stuff like that
    Why blue & brown are banned? o.O
    Limiting the number of OU pokes or banning the weather could easily solve the "overpowering" issue instead of restricting your own freedom of choice lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakBae View Post
    Why blue & brown are banned? o.O
    Blue: Tentacruel, Gyarados, Vaporeon, Heracross, Kingdra, Swampert, Salamence, Metagross, Latios, Garchomp, Lucario, Toxicroak, Azelf, Hydreigon, Cobalion, Thundurus-t.

Brown: Dugtrio, Alakazam, Dragonite, Infernape, Hippowdon, Mamoswine, Heatran, Conkeldurr, Landorus-t.

Thanks anak. Ok, weather is now banned.

Anyone else have ideas on the overpowering issue? Limit to 3 OU pokes maximum (applies to all colors or just these two)?
    Last edited by Jinvaani; 7th March 2013 at 1:09 AM.

ok revenge we cant ban colors since we have more then 8 people signing up so lets just ban weather

come here and well Idk

It is now 3 OU pokémon max per team.

Here are the updated rules:

...And signs ups for the Bulbapedia-based Monocolor Tournament are as follows:
    Revenge – Blue
    Beet – Brown
    Anakbae – Green
    Muse – Yellow
    Draco Star – Red
    Agito – Purple
    Nick – Pink
    Coyote – Gray

The remaining colors available are: Black and White.

The Rules:
    - 6 vs 6.
    - Lvl. 100.
    - 3 OU Pokémon maximum, per team.
    - Strictly no ubers.
    - Weather is banned (I'm looking at you Anakbae ;D)

The tournament will begin as soon as the remaining places are filled. This provides time to prepare, build and test teams.
    Last edited by Jinvaani; 7th March 2013 at 1:38 AM.

Blue: Tentacruel, Gyarados, Vaporeon, Heracross, Kingdra, Swampert, Salamence, Metagross, Latios, Garchomp, Lucario, Toxicroak, Azelf, Hydreigon, Cobalion, Thundurus-t.

Brown: Dugtrio, Alakazam, Dragonite, Infernape, Hippowdon, Mamoswine, Heatran, Conkeldurr, Landorus-t.

Thanks anak. Ok, weather is now banned.

Anyone else have ideas on the overpowering issue? Limit to 3 OU pokes maximum (applies to all colors or just these two)?
    I think it should apply to all colors, other colors definitely have more than 3 ou pokes. Lol plus blue and brown have been sufficiently nerfed now that weather is banned (that does include weather moves like rain dance right?). I think the rules you've put down will ensure a balanced and fun experience.

pink only has 1

come here and well Idk

Lol pink too strong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast