Thread: The writers forgot Ash's goal it seems

Default The writers forgot Ash's goal it seems

They want him to become a secret agent of some sort instead =/
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Well he probably won't reach his goal until the anime ends, but the anime is still going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I just find it odd how they don't have gym badge collecting for two sagas now, defeating villains is now his only goal.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Remember how Brock always said he was going to be a Pokémon Breeder? Well, now he decided to become a doctor. Would that be because the writers forgot about Brock's goal? Maybe, but I doubt that's the main reason.

I don't know where the secret agent decision came from, since it looks to be recent and as I've not kept up with the anime very well, I'm just more confused than ever. I think his main goal is still to be a Pokémon Master, but maybe that's what he wants to do for a career. *shrugs* Most ten-year-olds tend to change their preferred jobs a lot, even those who've been the same age for over ten years. I sure did at that age.

Or maybe the writers just want to give him a little bit more personality that was stripped from him the past couple of years. I don't know, and I personally don't care what Ash wants to do.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    I just find it odd how they don't have gym badge collecting for two sagas now, defeating villains is now his only goal.
    I'd rather have something else instead of badge collecting, it's getting too stale now imo and I'm hoping they're doing this as sort of like a test run so that they could make this show a little fresher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Well there are no more badges for him to get in unova, and xy doesn't start until september/october, so they really have no other option but to have pointless filler because of their decision to not have this stuff in between gym battles.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Remember how Brock always said he was going to be a Pokémon Breeder? Well, now he decided to become a doctor. Would that be because the writers forgot about Brock's goal? Maybe, but I doubt that's the main reason.

I don't know where the secret agent decision came from, since it looks to be recent and as I've not kept up with the anime very well, I'm just more confused than ever. I think his main goal is still to be a Pokémon Master, but maybe that's what he wants to do for a career. *shrugs* Most ten-year-olds tend to change their preferred jobs a lot, even those who've been the same age for over ten years. I sure did at that age.

Or maybe the writers just want to give him a little bit more personality that was stripped from him the past couple of years. I don't know, and I personally don't care what Ash wants to do.
    This entire last saga has been about Ash trying to defeat Team Plasma, thats why I say thisXD

They've always done a good mix of things, badge collecting and defeating villains. It feels weird is all.

They want him to become a secret agent of some sort instead =/
    The writers haven't forgotten anything. I know you like Ash a lot but did you really have to make a whole thread on such a vapid topic? Episode N is a villain arc. that we didn't get in the normal showing of BW due to the earthquake, it's being shown now. He's helping people, that's the type of guy he is, in Da! he will be venturing back toward Kanto and moving onto his next journey. I'm amazed how you can be so upset by the tiniest things regarding Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    The writers haven't forgotten anything. I know you like Ash a lot but did you really have to make a whole thread on such a vapid topic? Episode N is a villain arc. that we didn't get in the normal showing of BW due to the earthquake, it's being shown now. He's helping people, that's the type of guy he is, in Da! he will be venturing back toward Kanto and moving onto his next journey. I'm amazed how you can be so upset by the tiniest things regarding Ash.
    Hey, I'm not the only fan that does this about a favorite character around here. Where else am I supposed to put this kind of topic? Kind of a spoiler so.
    I just feels odd without badge collecting, makes you feel like the show has changed but at the same time.

To be fair, becoming an Aura Guardian / Agent seems to be more of his ultimate destiny.

He's like a Cutie Mark Crusader. Keeps doing the wrong thing while blatantly ignoring what he's good at (saving the world).

It is strange to not have him collecting badges. But there has to be more to being a Pokemon Master than getting the badges, defeating the league, then becoming champion. And Ash sure as heck hasn't forgotten his goal, he mentions it to like every new person he meets lol.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

If you haven't noticed there is no Champion in any region that only battles. Cynthia and lance were big forces against the regions bad guys Adeku is more a skirt chaser and silly/vicious a battler to team up with Ash. So i believe its all a means to an end his ultimate destiny is to be a champion but he isnt a 1 trick pony. they didnt always have Ash be a complex character it shows the maturity of the writing.

Also, pokemon doctor is not a deviantion of breeder just the end game. He wasnt really growing as a bredder since Hoenn so he need to progress unless you like Brock walking around like what about my development?

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

You can say "two sagas without badges!" all you like, but those two "sagas" together add up to something like 30 episodes (depending on how long DA is). Unless you're counting the league as one of those sagas, and I really don't know why you would. ._.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

What episode was this? I wanna see it!
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

I could see him becoming an agent if he beats a league. Then he'll probably battle gyms to practice or raise new Pokemon.

The way I see it Ash has no goal because he's been planning on going home to Kanto ever since the league ended. N and Da are more like quick detours.