Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2EN14 Climax

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Lol I was thinking about that, as I watched the latest TP episode, and I was just thinking "does cilan find it fun to stand there and watch as everyone else defends themselves from TP?"
    Maybe Cilan was thinking "This will be the closest people will get of an Ash/Iris tag battle".

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Maybe Cilan was thinking "This will be the closest people will get of an Ash/Iris tag battle".
    Haha, now that you mention it I guess it was a tag battle! Yes! Haha that's so sad.... I'd like to see ash and iris against 2 of the striaton gym leaders, that'd be a good battle
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

Actually, that's really weird.

Dammit Cilan, don't turn into DP Brock.

You guys are forgetting Pansage will ride on the back of Charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    He likes riding on them dragons a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Who's the other Dragon? All I remember was him riding on Golugh.

The reason I think Dento isn't doing much is because he just doesn't have a goal, he does but he doesn't. His Sommelier goal is so vague, almost as vague as Takeshi's Pokemon Breeder goal, same with Kasumi's Best Water Pokemon Master goal. He can only really get true focus when he's being comedic or having a persona "_____Sommelier" episode. Or when he's using his abilities to help a COTD. Unfortunately that can't be done in Episode N since it's not focusing on comedy and more so focusing on serious, in-depth plot-lines and interactions. It makes sense Iris would battle against the grunts, she had a crappy connection with Doryuzu before and Kairyu too and Dento for his whole run has had a pretty 100% good connection with all his Pokemon. So there's no real connection to N, so to speak. Satoshi just pulls his usual "Pokemon are my friends!" shtick. Plus Dento and his Pokemon don't have any problems or things that need to be addressed, like Kibago needing to grow further, and Iris's rivalry with Langley, and her catching more Dragon, and becoming comfy as the Souryuu Gym Leader. It's a shame really. I guess you could call Cabernet one of Dento but Cabernet for the most part has been portrayed as not near Dento's level, plus his Choroneko fear seems more like just a reference to the black cat fear. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Pinot Noir returning and giving Dento a run for his money.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 25th February 2013 at 2:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Lol I was thinking about that, as I watched the latest TP episode, and I was just thinking "does cilan find it fun to stand there and watch as everyone else defends themselves from TP?"
    Hopefully, Cilan has a role in the climax.
    Pokemon Y FC: 2251 - 5899 - 9250

Honestly, Dento doesn't need a goal to battle. This is in my opinion, but I think the animators/writers are just being lazy.

There is absolutely no justifiable reason why Dento stands there and does nothing against Team Plasma, especially given by how battle ready he was in the beginning of BW. :/ I will give an exception to BW006 that was a tag battle, but other than that, no.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I had to check Pansage's dex to see if he can breed with dragons. Nope. (an now I get banned)

I wish Cilan would battle too, but Iris is only getting the supporting role because of Dragonite. Apparently Crustle is beyond his expiration date. I can't even remember the last time I saw it. M15, maybe?

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I had to check Pansage's dex to see if he can breed with dragons. Nope. (an now I get banned)

I wish Cilan would battle too, but Iris is only getting the supporting role because of Dragonite. Apparently Crustle is beyond his expiration date. I can't even remember the last time I saw it. M15, maybe?
    It's Pansage & Stunfisk time to shine so bright!

And.... I think Cilan will stay with Ash for XY, the new Brock.
    Last edited by Mirto; 25th February 2013 at 5:30 AM.

Crustle hasn't appeared since BW Season 2 episode 12, the nursery episode.

I think his passiveness in the Braviary and Colress episodes are sooorta justified. In the last episode it was 2 vs 2 and of course the heros will play it fair (until Braviary butted in). Against Colress there was the risk of his Pokes getting controlled(although I guess he shoulda sent out a Pokemon before that became more apparent.)
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Totally forgot about Crustle. It used battle alot. What happened to the writers? Since BW2 they forgot most of the Pokemon...
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Honestly, Dento doesn't need a goal to battle. This is in my opinion, but I think the animators/writers are just being lazy.

There is absolutely no justifiable reason why Dento stands there and does nothing against Team Plasma, especially given by how battle ready he was in the beginning of BW. :/ I will give an exception to BW006 that was a tag battle, but other than that, no.
    To be fair, he's battled way more times then Iris and has shined in all of them except the tournament arcs.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I doubt he's battled more than Iris. I'll need some proof for that. Double battles, maybe.

I don't see why either of those 2 neeed any battles when every single one of Ash's pokemon not named Pikachu, mijumaru, or snivy needs them far more.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Fantastic and I bet hes going to use bullet seed while riding it.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 26th February 2013 at 1:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I don't see why either of those 2 neeed any battles when every single one of Ash's pokemon not named Pikachu, mijumaru, or snivy needs them far more.
    Agreed. Iris and Cilan might as well release all their Pokes if that helps Ash's crew lolol.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Because as long as Iris and Dento are playing the roles as Satoshi's companions it's best they do something involving their goals so they don't come off as second-tier, OS-era wallpaper. Or worse, DP cardboard cut-outs. I honestly don't think Hikari would have been very interesting or fun if she didn't do Contest, her personality wasn't a stand-out either. Iris especially needs battles because she has a battle heavy goal and possible future battle-orientated job as the Souryuu Gym Leader. Plus I simply would be probably be bored if this show went back to being the Satoshi Show.

So far from what is known it looks like there will be confrontation between Team Plasma and Team Rocket. Apparent rivalry between Ash and Iris Charizard and Dragonite. Clash between N and Ash as well introduction of N foster sisters Anthea and Concordia.

Quite a lot of things in relatively short period of time, and i have a feeling villain arc might end up more engaging and substantial than even Team Galactic arc. While Plasma wasn't spread more across region like Galactic what i like about it is how its treated more as compact story with all episodes being connected and treated like one big arc.

Im also glad writers are staying faithful to N backstory and character to extent and his methodology of wanting to set pokemon free from human possession.

Which differs greatly from Ash ambitions and outlook on world. In general im looking forward most to those two confrontation and how things will pan out. Perhaps return of Charizard and strong bond he established with Ash despite being separated could help N to understand how not everyone use pokemon as nothing more than mere battling tools , but more like partners, friends between who there exists mutual respect and thrust.

I predict most likely outcome will be after fierce battle Ash and N separating on good terms respecting each other view on pokemon and world.

That said regarding whole villain organization i always thought how revival of Mewtwo story, while injecting Genesect in whole thing would create potential to make strong and interesting plot out of it. Since both pokemon has similar history being product of bizarre modifications TR and Team Plasma conveyed on pokemon to make powerful weapons for their selfish plans.
    Leading to ultimate clash between this two.

But somehow i doubt that's gonna happen.

In other news im also excited about good old Charizard return still not losing his touch burning Ash as sign of greet. Since he is set up to make debut in episode right before one where allegedly Team Plasma gets Iris Dragonite under their control(work of Colress hands) i presume he will play role in breaking it free from their possession leading eventually to strong friendship having respect for each other. After all both are pretty similar in aspect of having somewhat hotheaded nature admiring power.

From looks of it their rivalry reminds me of one existing between Tracey Scyther and Charizard back in day.
    All in all this if done right whole N arc might end up as highlight of whole BW series redeeming partially for mess happening in past.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Because as long as Iris and Dento are playing the roles as Satoshi's companions it's best they do something involving their goals so they don't come off as second-tier, OS-era wallpaper.
    Misty and Brock perhaps didn't get enough focus on their dreams back in OS , but they compensate for that by doing many valuable things influencing plot while getting some growth themselves.

Plus I simply would be probably be bored if this show went back to being the Satoshi Show.
    To be fair this show has always been about Ash . Sometimes less, sometime more depending on companion but in general most focus was always subject to his quest.
    But im not bothered by it as long Iris and Cilan remain active as characters contributing to series plots. Naturally its not expected that this happens in every episode, but as long they get reasonable amount of focus or battling im fine with it.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 26th February 2013 at 12:30 PM.

Do you not watch the show? Oshawott and Snivy need battles. With wins at least.

Better to battle and lose than not battle at all.

Better to battle and lose than not battle at all.
    No, no, no. You have it backwards.

I'd love it if Dento played some sort of a part in this arc if hes not going to travel with Ash the next region, guy deserves some attention and great battles before his send off. Hes hardly played a part this entire N arc.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    I'd love it if Dento played some sort of a part in this arc if hes not going to travel with Ash the next region, guy deserves some attention and great battles before his send off. Hes hardly played a part this entire N arc.
    He'll probably get more after this arc ends. As soon as they are closer to Striaton city and wherever they take Connoisseur exams.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    even if he is going to the next region wiry Ash he still deserves some attention. Otherwise he runs the risk of becoming stale

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast