Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pokémon Rumble U (Download - Spring 2013)

Shiny Pokémon confirmed

Also a new mechanic where you can seemingly increase Attack and Speed. We'll know more about that on Monday

This game seems to be good, and I want it for NA too... Sadly due to the reviewers' hate for this series that may not happen. Hopefully miiverse people can speak up about this to convince them to bring it to NA

I can't help but wonder how this one will compare to Rumble Blast in terms of the amount of content.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    This game seems to be good, and I want it for NA too... Sadly due to the reviewers' hate for this series that may not happen. Hopefully miiverse people can speak up about this to convince them to bring it to NA
    The "the reviewers' hate for this series" has no bearing on anything. None. That's the same amount of relevance the "Miiverse people" have, for those of you keeping track at home.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I can't help but wonder how this one will compare to Rumble Blast in terms of the amount of content.
    It doesn't seem to really have a story, so probably more in line with the original Rumble but more varied arenas and such

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The "the reviewers' hate for this series" has no bearing on anything. None. That's the same amount of relevance the "Miiverse people" have, for those of you keeping track at home.
    bad Reviews and sales failed to bring the wiiware PMDs to america, so it HAS happened

Neither of those had anything to do with those games not being imported.

I say again - the reviewers and Miiverse have NOTHING to do with whether this game is localized.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    It doesn't seem to really have a story, so probably more in line with the original Rumble but more varied arenas and such
    It has more of a story than the original Rumble, but I don't think it's up there with Rumble Blast

bad Reviews and sales failed to bring the wiiware PMDs to america, so it HAS happened
    The difference is, the WiiWare Dungeon games were AWFUL

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    It has more of a story than the original Rumble, but I don't think it's up there with Rumble Blast

The difference is, the WiiWare Dungeon games were AWFUL
    I don't think they were THAT bad, besides the terrible story, bad developer helping out (Ambrella), and the short length.

Regardless, I'm just nervous it won't come over due to the figure

The figures should be the least of your concerns as to whether this gets localized or not. You've expressed the exact same worry in this exact same thread, and the answer is still the same: this isn't Skylanders. The toys are not the game. The toys are a bonus to the game. You can localize the game without localizing the figures and the game will still play just fine.

If anything, the toys should be encouraging, not discouraging. It gives the international arms of the franchise a chance to merchandise with a purpose and it serves as a vehicle with which to promote the NFC reader in the Wii U GamePad.

-----
    Words to|live by

Has anyone actually found a shiny Pokemon yet in the game? I know about the Garchomp, but I can see them going "lul let's just make only a few Pokemon shiny and make it so you are given them by passwords!"

Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    Has anyone actually found a shiny Pokemon yet in the game? I know about the Garchomp, but I can see them going "lul let's just make only a few Pokemon shiny and make it so you are given them by passwords!"
    I haven't seen any, and I have 30+ hours logged.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    I haven't seen any, and I have 30+ hours logged.
    This is exactly why I am suspicious. With the amount of Pokemon you see in such a small amount of time you can pretty much expect to find a shiny without too much effort. Although it's possible they changed the chances to make up for that, or maybe once you catch all Pokemon/unlock all stages you can get shinies.
    Last edited by Judas; 25th April 2013 at 8:09 PM.

Well, all my password Pokémon registered in the Pokédex.

My shiny Garchomp, however, did not.
    I should probably be done with all the species by the end of the week, assuming I can figure out these challenges, so I'll know then

I just want to kick whoever decided to make Shiny Pokemon from passwords/figures only in the freaking face. That's not any better than removing them completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    I just want to kick whoever decided to make Shiny Pokemon from passwords/figures only in the freaking face. That's not any better than removing them completely.
    I could be wrong, but it's just with 40 hours in the game and battling literally tens of thousands of Pokémon, I have yet to see any

OK, after not hearing a mention of this during today's nintendo direct, I'm getting honestly concerned that this is not coming westward due to X and Y coming out... I really hope they just get up and tell us if it's coming to NA already. Did the game review and sell well in Japan?

There would have been no reason to expect it during the presentation today.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    There would have been no reason to expect it during the presentation today.

It was to discuss summer releases for wii U and 3DS. This could easily be a summer release.

I couldn't help but laugh when I noticed that they made a reference to Gurren Lagann in this, especially since I wouldn't have expected it in a Pokemon game. Namely, there's a stage called "You pierce the heavens!" and all of the Pokemon you fight in it know Horn Drill or Drill Peck

In any case, if the game does get released stateside, I'll probably pick it up, since I'm enjoying the 3DS version and it could make a good party game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I couldn't help but laugh when I noticed that they made a reference to Gurren Lagann in this, especially since I wouldn't have expected it in a Pokemon game. Namely, there's a stage called "You pierce the heavens!" and all of the Pokemon you fight in it know Horn Drill or Drill Peck

In any case, if the game does get released stateside, I'll probably pick it up, since I'm enjoying the 3DS version and it could make a good party game.

That's mainly the reason I want this to be confirmed for america already. The multiplayer. Rumble blast was boring and it had probably the most frustrating story i've ever dealt with. Good thing this toned down on it.

OK, after not hearing a mention of this during today's nintendo direct, I'm getting honestly concerned that this is not coming westward due to X and Y coming out... I really hope they just get up and tell us if it's coming to NA already. Did the game review and sell well in Japan?
    Don't worry I have the same concerns, but maybe it will get a western release due to the fact that it sells really well. It even broke some eshop records like being the 3rd most sold game.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

I think the only thing that's really irking me about Rumble Blast is how absurdly rare they made the legendary bosses. I can't imagine that anyone has seriously obtained every single one of Arceus' forms, when you only have a 5% chance of finding it as a boss in the first place.

This game seems to made it a lot easier to get all of the Pokemon, though not being able to change the movesets on anything other then the figurine Pokemon is a really big step back in terms of gameplay. More so because it's extremely unlikely that they're going to release figurines of all the Pokemon.

No E3 appearance. Serebii, do you even think this CAN leave Japan because of X and Y?

I really hope this will see a western realease now that it wasn't announced at e3.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12