• Genesect

6 12.77%
  • Mewtwo

28 59.57%
  • Tie and forgive each other

13 27.66%

Thread: M16 Mewtwo vs Genesect

Default M16 Mewtwo vs Genesect

M16 Extremespeed Genesect vs Awakening of Mewtwo is coming. Which Pokemon do you think may win?

Discuss, serve potatoes.

Who should win: Genesect
    Who I want to win: Mewtwo
    Who will win: No one, because the battle gets interrupted (almost like the third poll option). :P
    Last edited by moneylesswario; 13th February 2013 at 1:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Who should win: Genesect
    Who I want to win: Mewtwo
    Who will win: No one, because the battle gets interrupted. :P
    Pretty much. Knowing the anime, I picked the third option. However, I want Mewtwo to win. XD.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Neither of them will win. Also remember there are 5 Genosect in the movie, not just one. You really think Mewtwo is going to take on 5 legendaries all at once?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Neither of them will win. Also remember there are 5 Genosect in the movie, not just one. You really think Mewtwo is going to take on 5 legendaries all at once?

5 Genesect? Holy ****, Mewtwo's screwed. I guess "Tie and Forgive Each Other" is what I think they'll end up doing.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 13th February 2013 at 1:54 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    5 Genesect? Holy ****, Mewtwo's screwed. I guess "Tie and Forgive Each Other" is what I think they'll end up doing.
    Apparently only the Red Genesect is strong though :P (still went with the obvious opinion 3)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

It's obvious Red Genesect vs Mewtwo will prioritise over the other four Genesect. They will likely go off on a rampage around the city, or fight Charizard, Dragonite, Pikachu and co.

A tie is likely considering it's always the outcome in times like this, but saying that i can definetly see Mewtwo getting a sudden overwhelming power (like he used at the end of Mewtwo Returns) and completely obliterate Red Genesect.

Wasn't it confirmed that the Mewtwo isn't the same one from before? I am therefore inclined to believe that this new Mewtwo will be weaker than the old one, so Genesect > Mewtwo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Wasn't it confirmed that the Mewtwo isn't the same one from before? I am therefore inclined to believe that this new Mewtwo will be weaker than the old one, so Genesect > Mewtwo.
    No, it wasn't. Please read through the posts in the movie thread.

As for the question, neither of them since they're both kinda of equal strength (Mewtwo and Red Genesect).

....and now, her story begins.

Mewtwo of course lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

The Mewtwo is the same Mewtwo, with a new perspective on life.

How are people this ridiculous to not read through confirmations before blurting stuff out?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    The Mewtwo is the same Mewtwo, with a new perspective on life.

How are people this ridiculous to not read through confirmations before blurting stuff out?
    Cuz people like Kira confuse other people lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I'm guessing mewtwo will put up one hell of a fight and do ok against the 4 regular Genesect and then the red one shows up and eventually wears down Mewtwo with it's speed and U-turn abuse and just before mewtwo is about to lose someone(probably Ash) will come and save it. Or even more likely someone(Ash) just convinces the Genesect that they are all pokemon and blah blah DEM and all the fighting stops just like in the first movie THE END.
    Either way I voted for the 3rd option.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...

I think it might end with a tie and the cliche' "they both forgive each other and move on" thing. Even though there have been times where a good movie comes out during a point where the anime isn't getting much positive attention, the writers probably won't care about the fans going "WTF MEWTWO DIDN'T WIN???!!! $*%$#&!!!!"

Still, if Ash got blown up again and petrified trying to stop the fighting (like in the first movie), that might boost the quality of the movie due to the drama factor, and chances are the newer fans haven't seen the first movie. Some viewers do like seeing that kind of stuff, and this time the senseless "tears of life" thing won't be used if such a thing occurs. Instead, hopefully the writers would use something more logical if Mewtwo and Genesect end Ash's life by mistake.

I think Genesect should win. Though meh, it's most likely gonna be unresolved :<

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Even though genesect has the upperhand, mewtwo will probably raise its power to defeat it. Most likely it'll be a the and they'll forgive each other.

Mewtwo might win if it is on the good side. Plus the event mewtwo knows heal pulse and hurricane, which are pretty cool moves for a mewtwo.
    FC: 4425-2061-5616