Thread: Cyren's Team. (PLEASE RATE)

Post Cyren's Team. (PLEASE RATE)

Hello one and all!! I'm Cyren! I'd like the wonderful community of Serebii to judge my team for Pokemon Black II. Here it is:

Ozwalt (Samurott)

Item: Mystic Water

Attacks:

Dragon Tail

Slash

Surf

Hydro Cannon

Umbreon (Shiny)

Item: King's Rock

Attacks:

Faint Attack

Moonlight

Last Resort

Assurance

Lucario

Item: Macho Brace

Attacks:

Close Combat

Dragon Pulse

Extremespeed

Aura Sphere

Flygon

Item: None

Attacks:

Earth Power

Hyper Beam

Fly

Dragon Claw

Ampharos

Item: Rock Helmet

Attacks:

Signal Beam

Thunder

Power Gem

Wild Charge

Krookodile

Item: Float Stone

Attacks:

Foul Play

Earthquake

Outrage

Dig

Please rate fairly!! Love you all!!

Your signature broke several rules. Please read the signature rules before you update it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyren View Post
    Hello one and all!! I'm Cyren! I'd like the wonderful community of Serebii to judge my team for Pokemon Black II. Here it is:

Ozwalt (Samurott)

Item: Life Orb

Attacks:

X-Scissor

Return

Surf

Ice Beam

Hydro Cannon is a pretty horrible move as you have to recharge after. You're better off sticking with Surf as Surf is more powerful over two turns and doesn't have any drawbacks. Plus, there's no reason to run both Surf and Hydro Cannon on the same set, so just go with Surf. X-Scissor allows you to hit the plethora of Psychic- and Dark-types in Unova, and coupled with Ice Beam, are your best defence against Grass-types. Return is more powerful that Slash (assuming your Samurott is at full happiness, which it probably is) so go with that for some neutral coverage. Mystic Power only powers up one of your moves, so go with Life Orb instead to make all of your attacks stronger.

Umbreon (Shiny)

Item: Leftovers

Attacks:

Payback

Curse

Toxic

Return

Firstly there's not much point in Moonlight; since you're using this team in-game, you can just use Hyper Potions/Full Restores/Moo Moo Milk or whatever, and free up a move space. Payback and Curse work really well together, especially on Umbreon. Umbreon is naturally slow, so he doesn't mind the drop in Speed from Curse. In fact, lowering its Speed (and increasing its Attack) increases the power of Payback. Curse's Defence boost helps make Umbreon more bulky. Toxic fits well on this set as Umbreon is able to stall quite well given its bulkiness. Return for some neutral coverage. Leftovers for the item to heal Umbreon and make it even more difficult to take down.

Lucario

Item: Leftovers / Life Orb / Expert Belt

Attacks:

Shadow Ball / Dark Pulse

Work Up

Ice Punch

Aura Sphere

I noticed your team was very physically inclined, so I've given you a mixed set with an emphasis on the special side of the spectrum to try and even that out. Work Up allows Lucario to set up on both sides of the spectrum which suits this set very well. Aura Sphere is your reliable STAB move. Fighting + Ghost and Fighting + Dark both get almost perfect neutral coverage, only resisted by a couple Pokemon, so it's your choice on whether you use Shadow Ball or Dark Pulse depending on whether you prefer the potential SpD drop that comes with Shadow Ball or the chance of flinching that comes with Dark Pulse. Ice Punch to hit Ground-types, who are probably Lucario's biggest fear. You have three main choices for item here. You can either go with Leftovers for recovery, which helps you set up and increases your longevity, Life Orb for powering up your moves at the cost of recoil, or Expert Belt for powering up moves when they hit super effectively.

Flygon

Attacks:

Earth Power

Flamethrower / Fire Punch

Fly / Giga Drain

Dragon Claw

Not much to change here. Hyper Beam is a pretty horrible move since you have to recharge after using it, leaving yourself completely vulnerable for a turn. Go with Flamethrower or Fire Punch instead to hit Ice-types. Giga Drain is an interesting option > Fly which allows you to heal but I don't think it'll see much use, honestly.

Ampharos

Attacks:

Signal Beam

Thunderbolt

Focus Blast

Thunderwave / Cotton Guard

The reliability of Thunderbolt makes it a better option than Thunder, in my opinion. There's no need for Wild Charge since you already have Thunderbolt, so go with either Thunderwave or Cotton Guard; Thunderwave for team support in making your opponents slower, or Cotton Guard to make you far more bulky. Also, I'd go with Focus Blast > Power Gem. A super effective Power Gem does 140 damage whereas a neutral Thunderbolt does 142.5, whereas given Focus Blast's higher power, it would be more powerful. Leftovers for your item again for healing, though if you feel you need more power, Wise Glasses is a solid choice.

Krookodile

Item: Muscle Band

Attacks:

Crunch

Earthquake

Outrage

Bulk Up

Foul Play is a rather unreliable move as its power depends on your opponents Attack. Krookodile has a great Attack stat, so it's far more reliable to put that to good use and go with Crunch instead with consistently deals a high amount of damage. Dig is unnecessary as you already have Earthquake, so go with Bulk Up instead to boost your Attack and Defence. Bulk Up can also help you get a Moxie boost if your Krookodile has that ability. Muscle Band is a good item as it boosts the power of all of your moves.

Please rate fairly!! Love you all!!
    Comments in bold. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I really appreciate your comments. I have one question though, where might I get leftovers?

Your signature broke several rules. Please read the signature rules before you update it.

Castelia Sewers is where you find Leftovers in BW2.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.