Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saddest Moment of the Anime?

Default Saddest Moment of the Anime?

IMO, it's the last Sinnoh episode.
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

The third to last Sinnoh episode.

Poor Ash, he just broke down a brick wall in trhe form of paul only to find a titanium wall behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    The third to last Sinnoh episode.

Poor Ash, he just broke down a brick wall in trhe form of paul only to find a titanium wall behind it.
    It's funny, because I didn't like the DP arc that much, yet I agree that was a sad moment.

Mine? I have many sad moments. My three most memorable would be: 1) Ash, Misty, and Brock parting ways in "Gotta Catch Ya Later!", 2) Ash and Pikachu's struggle in Hoenn to get Pikachu back to normal due to the excess electricity from that magnet thing in EP276, or 3) Ash and Pikachu VS. Spearow in the first episode.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

The last OS episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    The last OS episode.
    Which part of "Hoenn Alone!" did you think was sad?
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Which part of "Hoenn Alone!" did you think was sad?
    That's the first Hoenn episode, not OS. The last OS episode is GCYL.

What on earth are you talking about? Hoenn Alone is the last episode of Johto or the OS.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    What on earth are you talking about? Hoenn Alone is the last episode of Johto or the OS.
    Yeah, exactly.

Definitely Memories are made of Bliss, Pochama haters...

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

(See CyberCubed's statement)

Anyway, YES, I also felt GCYL was one of the saddest moments of the anime. Like you, it's my saddest as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Definitely Memories are made of Bliss, Pochama haters...
    I was always alright with Pochama/Piplup myself. I just didn't really like the DP arc that much looking back on it (it did have some of the best moments in the anime, though, I'll give it that).

Its odd how Brock's short 4 episode departure in GCYL had him breaking down, yet when Brock leaves permanantly after DP there was little to no emotion. Ash and Brock's 5 second hand shake in DP's final episode was lol worthy considering how long he was in the show.

Gotta Catch Ya Later. I got teary-eyed with that one.

I was underwhelmed by AG's honestly. ^^; I found the first one where Ash was all "MAX LOOK AT THIS POLIWAG" sadder.

Memories are Made of Bliss was sad I guess.

Its odd how Brock's short 4 episode departure in GCYL had him breaking down, yet when Brock leaves permanantly after DP there was little to no emotion. Ash and Brock's 5 second hand shake in DP's final episode was lol worthy considering how long he was in the show.

He was probably happy to leave after cooking for so long. :P
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Honestly, I did lol the first time I watched that goodbye. The music was really nice, but it was only about 47 seconds of talking back and forth and then that's it. XD.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Gotta Catch Ya Later. I got teary-eyed with that one.

I was underwhelmed by AG's honestly. ^^; I found the first one where Ash was all "MAX LOOK AT THIS POLIWAG" sadder.

Memories are Made of Bliss was sad I guess.

He was probably happy to leave after cooking for so long. :P
    GCYL was an incredible goodbye.

The first AG goodbye was somewhat sad. Meh.

I didn't bat an eyelash at the second AG goodbye. The dub switch totally messed that one up for me. I kept cringing throughout it. Worst goodbye, IMO.

I guess "Memories are Made of Bliss!" was sad for Ash and Brock departing from Dawn, but it was lolworthy with Ash departing from Brock, IMO.

Honestly, I did lol the first time I watched that goodbye. The music was really nice, but it was only about 47 seconds of talking back and forth and then that's it. XD.
    It didn't help matters that it was almost a carbon copy of Ash/Brock's goodbye at the end of AG. Same thing without a hand shake.

It didn't help matters that it was almost a carbon copy of Ash/Brock's goodbye at the end of AG. Same thing without a hand shake.
    Pretty much.

Pretty much.
    To be honest even his goodbye at the beginning of Orange Islands was done better. He had all his Pokemon out at the time and was waving farewell. Odd how nobody got sad back then though, Ash didn't seem to care much that Brock was staying with Prof. Ivy. Brock didn't seem to care either.

Wel I guess the writers didn't bother much about brock since he said goodbye for the thousandth time. But yeah.

It was also sad when I came to the realisation that Ash got reset.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

To be honest even his goodbye at the beginning of Orange Islands was done better. He had all his Pokemon out at the time and was waving farewell. Odd how nobody got sad back then though, Ash didn't seem to care much that Brock was staying with Prof. Ivy. Brock didn't seem to care either.
    It's funny because back then, I didn't seem to mind Brock leaving as much, since I had a feeling he would be back sooner or later. I think it's because it seemed like Brock was truly happy with Prof. Ivy and it made the goodbye seem better in a way (though yeah, def, the goodbye in OI was handle better for Brock than in DP). I also didn't mind Tracey as well.

It's funny because back then, I didn't seem to mind Brock leaving as much, since I had a feeling he would be back sooner or later. I think it's because it seemed like Brock was truly happy with Prof. Ivy and it made the goodbye seem better in a way (though yeah, def, the goodbye in OI was handle better for Brock than in DP). I also didn't mind Tracey as well.
    I can't remember what I was thinking at the time, (this was like 15 years ago for goodness sakes), but it felt odd to me that right after Ash left Pidgeot, that Brock was leaving too. It was like two major characters leaving back to back which was new to the series at the time.

Although I remember when Brock returned it didn't surprise me in the slightest.

I can't remember what I was thinking at the time, (this was like 15 years ago for goodness sakes), but it felt odd to me that right after Ash left Pidgeot, that Brock was leaving too. It was like two major characters leaving back to back which was new to the series at the time.

Although I remember when Brock returned it didn't surprise me in the slightest.
    Same thing for me. I always felt like Tracey was just on the cast temporarily, so I wasn't shocked by Brock's return.

Misty's goodbye. I remember bawling for days after that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Misty's goodbye. I remember bawling for days after that episode.
    Yup, so Angel, you, and I feel GCYL had the saddest moment.

Pikachu's Goodbye (until the end) and Gotta Catch Ya Later!

Yup, so Angel, you, and I feel GCYL had the saddest moment.
    Make that four.

You would think that episode would be happy considering misty finally got her bike back. isnt that the whole reason she was traveling?

"Gotta Catch YA Later" for me. Whole episode was build on touching note, being sad to see Ash, Misty and Brock having to leave after going through so many adventures and both good, and bad times together. Misty was on edge of tears in here visibly not wanting to leave her friends being upset, Brock showed how much he cared for his companions and Ash was heartbroken the most when his two best friends left him after so much time alone.

Dialogue and animation were beautiful, there was a lot of characterization in here and you could clearly tell how much friendship between Ash and his comrades grew since Kanto days becoming attached to each other having closest bound imo .

It was also disappointing for me to see Misty leave cast being highly interesting and memorable character in this show which was overall more enjoyable with her around(at least imo).
    Along with leaving lot more to be desired with her goal and love for water types, background and various motives we learned about character during journey ending unfinished and unexplored . You could tell with her leaving how writers left everything undefined and abrupt , which i assume was one of main reasons why her departure was badly received.

Hopefully we will see original gang reunited at least once more(maybe for last season or something)with things coming full circle and to tie up loose ends in their stories .

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    You would think that episode would be happy considering misty finally got her bike back. isnt that the whole reason she was traveling?
    Misty stopped caring about bike already at end of Kanto, with main motives behind her journey being to explore pokemon and world in company of her new friends and to pursue her goal of becoming water master. Which was min reason she left gym to travel in first place according to her sisters.

p.s. Interesting thing is how Ash never technically repay her bike, since nurse Joy from Viridian fix it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast