Welcome to the second incarnation of the Serebii Paranormal and Crypto-zoological Society. The first one had a good run, but eventually died out, so I've made some changes that will hopefully keep activity more consistent.
This club is a place for discussion, debate, Q & A, contests, and other activity concerning Paranormal and Metaphysical Phenomenon, as well as Mythological and Magical beasts. Here's some examples of things we might discuss:
Do you have any experience with Ghost Hunting or other Paranormal Investigation?
What's your opinion on Bigfoot, Vampires, and Other Creature?
Have you ever encountered Fairies/Faeries, Werewolves, or Gnomes?
Have you ever seen a UFO, visited Crop Circle, or encountered an Extraterrestrial?
Are you worried that Slender Man might be coming to get you?
If any of these subjects appeal, this might be the club for you. So read the Rules & Membership Guidelines, and join in the fun!
Our Society Mascot:
Early February 2012, Rotom was chosen as our society mascot. This ghostly orange pokemon with the power to posses electronics can be associated with Poltergeists and Gremlins.
Poltergeist, a word of German origin, means noisy ghost, and is usually used to refer to an unseen spirit which moves objects and makes knocking noises. Though some theories suggest that they aren’t ghosts at all, but the physical manifestations of unknowing psychic people’s frustrations.
Gremlin, a derivative of Goblin or gremian (to vex), refers to tiny and/or spirit creatures which damage electronics. Gremlins seem to have a particular interest in aircraft, and were first reported by British WW II pilots.
Some notable pop culture sources of Poltergeist and ghost Gremlin lore include;
Ghost Master (video game)
Ghostbusters (movies, books, cartoons, & video games)
The Exorcist (movie)
Paranormal Activity (movies)
The Grudge (movie)
Danny Phantom (cartoon)
Club News, Events, & Contests:
2014 Oct 27:
New club thread; time to evaluate some of the club's various aspects. First order of business, does anyone want to challenge Rotom's status as mascot?
Paranormal/Mythological World News:
- World News will be available for 1 month, then I'll delete it to keep the section from getting too big.
- You can also check out my Twitter, as I'm going to try and be better about posting news there.
- Disclaimer: There's a good chance I have not watched any videos in the linked articles.
2015 February 25:
Crystal Balls and Doorknobs can Cause Fires by Reflecting Sunlight
2015 February 14:
John Podesta Regrets Not Disclosing UFO Info
Did Aliens Seed the Earth?
UFO Tours in Arizona (and Abductees)
2015 February 1:
Bigfoot/Skunk Ape Sighting
Trace Fossils or just Weathering on Mars?
2015 Jan 29:
Even Bill Gates Fears the Rise of the Machines
1) All SPPF rules are to be followed.
2) To join please follow the instructions in the Membership Guidelines, and do not make additional posts until your membership is approved.
3) Please stay on topic, the occasional relevant joke is fine, but don’t SPAM us with a hundred jokes. This is a serious thread, so please save your RPGing for another thread.
4) Discussion of Religion or Politics in any manner that is meant to harm, harass, or discredit anyone is prohibited. Mentioning that such-and-such religion/government supports the theory/belief of -blank- is fine, so long as you don’t try to use it as ammo.
Allowed, “Many -blanks- believe in Angels.”
Not allowed, “Only idiots, like -blanks-, would believe in Angels.”
5) Please put large images (over 500 x 500 pixels) and excessive text into spoiler tags out of consideration for others. It is also preferable that videos be posted as properly labeled links rather than embedded.
6) Rule breakers will be given 1 to 3 warnings (depending on the severity of their misbehavior) after which they will receive a temporary ban, or in more serious cases a permanent ban.
(NEW) Membership Guidelines:
You may become a member of this club under the following circumstances:
1) Read the rules.
2) You need to have 25 or more Serebii forum posts, to prove you’ll actually stick around.
3) Fill out and post this form in the thread:
4) Wait until your membership is approved before post anything else.Originally Posted by Request to Join
5) Post at least once a month, to avoid being from the membership list, and having the embarrassment of having to sign-up again.
- If you want to be on staff, tell me what you want to do, and I'll see if that's a reasonable position for our club. Understand though, that staff will be removed due to inactivity, just like regular members.
No one at the moment, so, let's keep it that way!
Club Signature Banners and Official Club Art:
These images are intended for club member use only, and please give credit when possible (or required).
By VampirateMace (credit not required):
Sig Badges (Inspired by Treeco’s Awesomeness’ Skeptic Badge):
By VampirateMace (credit not required):
Sprites used (C) Nintendo/Game Freak/The Pokemon Company