Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

Default Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

Here we post our opinions on the anime that we are reasonbly sure are not shared by the majority of the show's fans. AKA nothing like

My favorite Ash's pokemon in the first episode is Pikachu.
    Or I like how Mewtwo was a legendary.

Also please no flaming other people's opinions.

To get things started I'll post a couple.
    I could tolerate DP TR
    Piplup was the best thing to happen to the show, to me
    Dragonite is the most intresting pokemon on the Bw cast, to me.
    I do not appreciate TP lasting for so short a period.
    I thought Colress shooting down TR with a missile was funny.
    I hope Genesect beats mewtwo in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    IF THIS IS GOING TO STAY OPEN, READ WHAT IS WRITTEN:

I would ask to at the very least clarify your opinions(Despite this being a thread targeted towards stating your opinion, you should still actually form one). Saying "*Enter Pokemon/Character/Series here* is (the) best/worse/boring" isn't clear enough and can easily be misunderstood, especially if it's more negative. Use words and phrases such as "I", "To me", "In my opinion", and others that would express an opinion clearly(If you're going to make a list then you can just state it's your opinion at the start or end). Also, avoid words like "suck", "horrible", and other words of the like, even if you make it clear you're stating an opinion, it should still be respectful and using these words aren't going to be very respectful even in an opinion, a better alternative for negative opinions would be "I don't like *Enter Pokemon here*", it's clear and isn't insulting anyone(characters or other fans).

Also, explaining your opinion(s)(Or at least some of them if you're posting multiple opinions in a post) would be best. We don't need posts like "I like *Enter Pokemon here*", the way it's written is fine, however, it's too short and can be seen as a means to up your post count, especially if you keep doing it in the thread. This would also serve as a means to show you're not trying to bash a Pokemon or character, because saying a Pokemon should be released can easily be misunderstood for "This Pokemon sucks and should get off the show".

Make your own opinion, don't just agree with a bunch of others unless you can explain your reasoning for the opinion. Again, this can been seen as trying to up your post count, especially if you do it often in the thread.

And it's best to just avoid banned topics(http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...7#post14174127) while it may be more targeted towards threads, the same effect would apply to posts in a thread.

Try your best to follow this all, we don't need threads to turn into huge debates over a difference in opinions, and we don't need threads trying to mask bashing/hate. If things get out of hand, this thread will be closed, and punishments will be given out to those responsible. I'm going to edit the posts; before I posted, to meet the standards I went over.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 13th February 2013 at 11:15 PM.

I want there to be an irredeemably evil legendary Pokémon.

I want the show to become less of a Sugar Bowl.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Also please no flaming other people's opinions.
    I wish you good luck trying to enforce this. ;/

I don't hate Trip with a seething passion, that's pretty unpopular from what I've seen.
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 13th February 2013 at 10:09 PM.

- I like Iris and her development.
    - I hate Oshawott with passion.
    - I miss the old TRio.
    - Piplup was amazing and much better than Oshawott, to me.

....and now, her story begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    I want there to be an irredeemably evil legendary Pokémon.

I want the show to become less of a Sugar Bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningSociety12345543210 View Post
    I wish you good luck trying to enforce this. ;/

I don't hate Trip with a seething passion, that's pretty unpopular from what I've seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    - I hate Oshawott with passion.
    - I miss the old TRio.
    - Piplup was amazing and much better than Oshawott.
    This is what we need. Civil dicsussion and sharing of opinions.

Actually on Bulbagarden this one is accurate, on Serebii most people seem to like or be okay with Iris and her development as whole. Also BW isn't hated chronically and DP isn't treated like the end-all be-all

- I miss the old TRio.
    Eh...I'd say this is about 50/50 or 75/25.

In my opinion:
    -Palpitoad is one of Ash powerhouses, adding him to Ash's team was a good choice
    -Pignite is my fav starter on Ash's Team
    -Unfezant is one of Ash's strongest pokemon
    -Stunfisk deserves way more screentime
    -Woobat and Yamask are awesome and deserve more screentime
    -Frillish and Amoonguss are probably Team Rocket's strongest pokemon yet
    -Oshawott is my least fav out of Ash's team
    -Contests were one of the best things to happen to the Animé
    -Tobias in the DP league was a very good way to make Ash lose the league and still make him seem very strong as he was the only one to beat Darkrai.
    -I miss the old Soundtrack and the sad moments in the Anime.

Piplup was the best thing to happen to this show, to me

To me:
    -AG is the best Pokemon series.(Not sure if this is popular on here.)
    -Axew's toddler behavior is cute and now that he's battling I'm more tolerate of it.
    -Oshawott...isn't that bad...
    -May was much better written than Dawn and an overall better Coordinator.
    -Togekiss and Mamoswine were the only really likable members of Dawn's team, along with Ambipom.
    -Stunfisk is boring.
    -Leavanny is a better Grass-type and overall stronger member of Ash's team than Snivy.
    -Pignite might have gotten a slew of wins but I still really like the guy, but doesn't need to evolve.
    -Bianca and Trip are pretty lukewarm rivals.
    -Cameron...eh...not that bad.
    -Stephan is Ash's best rival in BW.
    -May had the best group of rivals in the whole show.
    -Dawn had the worst group of rivals in the whole show.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 13th February 2013 at 10:23 PM.

-I like Dento's scleraless eyes better than him having eye whites
    -I think Ash's AG team in the League was the best team (not say the others were bad, just seemed to coolest to me.)
    -I found Dawn boring and liked May's Contest plot better. I found Dawn's rivals sort of bland. They weren't terrible, plus the score system being taken away made me lose interest in Contests. For May, many people say "DEM DEM DEM" but eh, it never occurred to me while watching it.
    -I'm fine with Stunny not doing much
    -I don't care about/for Georgia. Note: I don't hate her, I just am not personally interested.
    -I wasn't amazed by Ash's final battle against Paul. I think I would have enjoyed it more if Paul used his Lake team. :/
    -I liked Thunder Armor~

I think that's about it lol.
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 15th February 2013 at 3:57 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

In my opinion:
    Tobias isn't that bad and I like most of the League/Festival rivals.
    BW TR is awesome.
    BW is a good season and doesn't deserve the hate it gets.
    Trip is a great character.
    Iris is a great character.

Dragonite is the most intresting pokemon on the Bw cast..
    Wait people dislike it? I actually do agree with you here. Here I go

To me:
    -Pokemon is and always has been a low quality show that's just here as a 30 minute commercial. The only good part about it is watching the Pokemon battles and see Pokemon act as if they were really living
    -Diamond and Pearl is the best saga.
    -I liked the year gap between gyms. I've never really cared for Ash's gym battles that much, plus most of it isn't filler actually (it's mainly contests, the Johto fiesta, the twinleaf festival and Team Galactic)
    -The Kanto saga is terrible. Slapstick humour sucks, and that's all it was. Annoying humour. Seriously, I didn't even like it when I was a kid. I only got into the show when I was around 11 when AG premiered.
    -Jessie and James' personalities were always annoying. They're more interesting as robots because robots are cool and badass.
    -One of the best Pokemon movies if not the best is Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Only The Power of One beats it and that's barely.
    -Cameron is hilarious.

There. That's pretty much it.
    Last edited by Complexity; 14th February 2013 at 12:47 AM.

- Oshawott is nice and I like it.
    - Snivy deserves way more screentime and developement, in my opinion.
    - Snivy is my favorite of Ash's starter and Ash's Pokémon, and Pignite is my worst, even if I like it actually.
    - I don't wanna see Palpitoad and Krookodile in Ash's party again, I just hate them.
    - Tobias was cool, but he wasn't the best, in my opinion.
    - I would prefer Contests to come back.
    - Iris is so cool, but I would like to see May again.
    - Iris should have a team of 6, and not with only dragons, in my opinion. I would hate that.
    - I just hated Paul. If he comes back, I'll dislike it.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 14th February 2013 at 12:49 AM.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    I agree with you but I am not sure if this is the minority opinion.

Imma just pick out some opinions like berries off a tree. I agree with the following...

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    -Palpitoad is one of Ash powerhouses, adding him to Ash's team was a good choice
    -Pignite is my fav starter on Ash's Team
    -Stunfisk deserves way more screentime
    -Woobat and Yamask are awesome and deserve more screentime
    -Frillish and Amoonguss are probably Team Rocket's strongest pokemon yet
    -Contests were one of the best things to happen to the Animé
    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    -AG is the best Pokemon series.(Not sure if this is popular on here.)
    -May was much better written than Dawn
    -Pignite might have gotten a slew of wins but I still really like the guy, he's better than Gloryhogape
    -May had the best group of rivals in the whole show.
    -Dawn had the worst group of rivals in the whole show.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    -I like Dento's scleraless eyes better than him having eye whites
    -I found Dawn boring and liked May's Contest plot better
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    BW TR is awesome.
    Is it really unpopular or something?

In my opinion:
    Iris is the best charater in Best Wishes
    May had the best charater develoment
    Dawn was the best girl Ash travil with
    Oshawott was more intertaining then Piplup
    Dragonite is a Tsundare to Iris
    Ash is better in BW then DP

Quote Originally Posted by Ninfia View Post
    Imma just pick out some opinions like berries off a tree. I agree with the following...

Is it really unpopular or something?
    Everything I personally listed is unpopular among Serebii and Bulbagarden. A lot of the older fans don't seem to like them. I am basing it on what I have seen and heard. I am sure the kids like what I listed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Everything I personally listed is unpopular among Serebii and Bulbagarden. A lot of the older fans don't seem to like them. I am basing it on what I have seen and heard. I am sure the kids like what I listed though.
    Huh, I never really noticed this. Weird.

You and me both.

Anyways, in my opinion:
    - The entire Sinnoh saga is a train-wreck from Dawn all the way to the league. It really irked me that sometimes you couldn't tell if Ash was the main character or not. And Dawn was very boring.
    - I'm okay with Ash not using some of his team members that often.
    - Cameron was one of the best league trainers the show has gotten.
    - BW Team Rocket is very good.
    - I freaking love Oshawott. It helps that he's very cute.
    - BW doesn't deserve some of the hate it gets. Second best saga honestly.
    - BW Ash is better character-wise than DP Ash.
    Last edited by diakyu; 14th February 2013 at 1:09 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

IF THIS IS GOING TO STAY OPEN, READ WHAT IS WRITTEN:

I would ask to at the very least clarify your opinions(Despite this being a thread targeted towards stating your opinion, you should still actually form one). Saying "*Enter Pokemon/Character/Series here* is (the) best/worse/boring" isn't clear enough and can easily be misunderstood, especially if it's more negative. Use words and phrases such as "I", "To me", "In my opinion", and others that would express an opinion clearly(If you're going to make a list then you can just state it's your opinion at the start or end). Also, avoid words like "suck", "horrible", and other words of the like, even if you make it clear you're stating an opinion, it should still be respectful and using these words aren't going to be very respectful even in an opinion, a better alternative for negative opinions would be "I don't like *Enter Pokemon here*", it's clear and isn't insulting anyone(characters or other fans).

Also, explaining your opinion(s)(Or at least some of them if you're posting multiple opinions in a post) would be best. We don't need posts like "I like *Enter Pokemon here*", the way it's written is fine, however, it's too short and can be seen as a means to up your post count, especially if you keep doing it in the thread. This would also serve as a means to show you're not trying to bash a Pokemon or character, because saying a Pokemon should be released can easily be misunderstood for "This Pokemon sucks and should get off the show".

Make your own opinion, don't just agree with a bunch of others unless you can explain your reasoning for the opinion. Again, this can been seen as trying to up your post count, especially if you do it often in the thread.

And it's best to just avoid banned topics(http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...7#post14174127) while it may be more targeted towards threads, the same effect would apply to posts in a thread.

Try your best to follow this all, we don't need threads to turn into huge debates over a difference in opinions, and we don't need threads trying to mask bashing/hate. If things get out of hand, this thread will be closed, and punishments will be given out to those responsible. I'm going to edit the posts; before I posted, to meet the standards I went over.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Unless an everstone is involved or a trade/unavailable item is needed there is no valid reason for not evolving.-self explanatory

May did not impress me too much. Too much luck and random DEMs. Plus the x doesn't like y until x goes on a journey that brings x into contact with y is just as overdone as a girly girl.

I thought Brock should have left with misty to really prove that it was the end of an era.

Ash should have not dumped Heracross with oak so early.-He should have just dumped bulbasaur.

I didn't get the impression that the BF were any more challenging than your average final gym with the exception of legendaries.

Ash vs Cameron was a good way for him to lose the league in BW.

Zoey was a Mary Sue.-Did she ever lose the the MC?

Cilan is secretly a member of the dark triad.

I think all teams need to follow the diamond and pearl style with evolutions. The more the merrier.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 14th February 2013 at 2:45 AM.

Oh, I misundertanded. I'll explain my points !

I think this is 50/50. I can't tell if more people like it or not, but I saw a lot of people saying that they disliked this otter. I don't know why, but I really like him.
    - Snivy deserves way more screentime and developement.
    This one isn't very unpopular, but I'm sure some people still think that we should let the place to Scraggy or Palpitoad than Snivy. For the rest, all is said in the sentence.
    - Snivy is my favorite of Ash's Unova Pokémon (excluding Pikachu).
    I'm sure Snivy isn't the favorite to everyone. Maybe Krookodile, Palpitoad and Pignite go over her, but I'm still not alone.
    - I don't like Palpitoad and Krookodile, I just hate them.
    The sentence said all. They are taking place for absolutely nothing. They are more than useless and they take some screentimes over the others.
    - Tobias was cool, but he wasn't the best.
    I liked Tobias, he was okay. Seems to me that a lot of people disliked him because of his trolling battle and Pokémon. I'm still impressed of what he've done.
    - I would prefer Contests to come back.
    Some people say yes, other no. A lot of them, perhaps, dislike the fact of a return, because we got two series in a row.
    - Iris is so cool, but I would like to see May again.
    Some poeple dislike Iris for an unknow reason, and other will dislike the fact of May's return. It's a combination of two facts that are each 50/50 to me.
    - Cilan should have never caught Stunfisk.
    Yeah, I know. Mostly of you like Stunfisk but again, it's like Krookodile and Palpitoad. Useless, and Cilan caught it for nothing, but nothing at all. It was a nowhere capture !
    - Iris should have a team of 6, and not with only dragons. I would hate that.
    It's like saying that Iris should keep Emolga. People want Iris to get Dragons. I don't want that. It's not because she's supposed to work on her dream of being a Dragon Master that she cannot have other types.
    - I just hated Paul. If he comes back, I'll dislike it.
    Lots of you loved Paul as a rival. I just hated it, it's enough as an explanation...
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 14th February 2013 at 1:47 AM.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

In my opinion:
    Tobias isn't that bad and I like most of the League/Festival rivals.
    BW TR is awesome.
    Trip is a great character.

I'll go into more reasoning behind my opinions.

When it comes to the League/Grand Festival rivals, I don't mind them as much because Ash, May and Dawn were never going to win any of their Leagues or Grand Festivals. Someone was going to beat them and having older, experienced League/Grand Festivals rivals come in and beat them doesn't really matter to me. Most of them had great battles, good backstories, cool Pokémon and were nice characters. Tobias' mysterious presence really added to his character. When a main character wins like Zoey, yes, it is very satisfying in my opinion and they should do that more often but I don't mind the route they took.

When it comes to BW TR, I feel like they are great characters. They actually give us a threat, they are not emotionless robots like people seem to think and I really like this competence and no funny business attitude that I really feel has elevated the Team Rocket organization to a whole other level. I look at that Team Rocket and I feel threatened which is not something I could say about them in AG or DP. There are also great new characters introduced such as Dr.Zager and Pierce.

Best Wishes is a good season that I feel people hate on because of Ash's regression but I think it has a lot going for it. The rivals are all unique and while not all are brilliant, they do have their moments. The tournaments are fun and give great rival interactions and battles. Like I said, BW TR is great. The fillers are fun and enjoyable. The animation is great.

Trip is a great character who I feel doesn't get enough credit. He got a good backstory, good development, his personality is great. I really like this character.

Iris also has a great personality and has had great development and great episodes that really explored her as a character.

I get the impression that a lot of people don't like Zoey. But whenever I watched DP, I found myself liking her. In my opinion, she had really cool Pokemon and her character design was pretty funky. I found her weird in a good way.

I love Oshawott and Palpitoad
    I love how Ash and Cilan both got a pokemon in one episode.

Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast