Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I like Bulbasaur I do, but both Squirtle and him aren't as powerful as everyone makes them out to be. It's plot armor and nostalgia that makes them good, because if you look at both of their original runs, both sucked compared to Charmander and Pidgeotto (not gonna include Pikachu because he'll always be on top) "Oh but Bulbasaur beat a Meganium and Brandon's Duskclops and tied with his Solrock" and "Squritle beat a Thunderbolt Starmie, Electabuzz and Brandon's Ninjask"... Big ****ing whoop, those were all because the two of them were junk in Kanto and needed to get boosted in Johto. The other half was because of what I already stated, NOSTALGIA.
    Nostalgia shouldn't be the only means for a pokemon to be good or not. Suppose they were the first and were as bad as in johto or now, would you still be using this excuse?

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Nostalgia shouldn't be the only means for a pokemon to be good or not. Suppose they were the first and were as bad as in johto or now, would you still be using this excuse?
    Um, yeah? If I understand what your sentence implies
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

My unpopular opinions...? Ash getting those new big brown eyes in the best wishes anime was a brilliant decision. The Sinnoh Saga is overrated and Best Wishes actually pretty damn good. That's it for now...

As if Bulbasaur and Squirtle are any stronger then Bayleef or Totodile.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    lol, Of course they are. Specially Squirtle stronger than Totodile, xD Totodile lost to the same Electabuzz that Squirtle beat. That itself, aside from all the other battles that can prove it too, is enough to know that Squirtle is stronger.

I didn't know this. So this means that Infernape is stronger than Charizard due to percentages now?
    If that were true, then Bulbasaur is stronger than Sceptile and Pikachu, since Bulbasaur has 68%, Pikachu 61% and Sceptile 50%. But I don't think anyone would think that's true. So that's pretty much the same with Charizard and Infernape case.

I like Bulbasaur I do, but both Squirtle and him aren't as powerful as everyone makes them out to be. It's plot armor and nostalgia that makes them good, because if you look at both of their original runs, both sucked compared to Charmander and Pidgeotto (not gonna include Pikachu because he'll always be on top) "Oh but Bulbasaur beat a Meganium and Brandon's Duskclops and tied with his Solrock" and "Squritle beat a Thunderbolt Starmie, Electabuzz and Brandon's Ninjask"... Big ****ing whoop, those were all because the two of them were junk in Kanto and needed to get boosted in Johto. The other half was because of what I already stated, NOSTALGIA.
    Did you watch the same anime? Bulbasaur was a ****ing beast already in Kanto. He beat Beedril and Scyther in the Kanto League, both in a row and with a huge disadvatage. He only lost to the same Bellsprout that beat Pikachu too in Kanto. And since then he has been shown to be a great battler. I don't know what the hell are you talking about.
    Squirtle didn't got to battle that much in Kanto, but didn't do bad in the battles it had. He beat that Nidorino at the league, lost to Happy cause of plot, and then beat Starmie and Onix and lost to Dragonite. From that point he only lose once and beat strong pokemon, like Electabuzz or Brandon's Ninjask.
    So , really, that is much more impressive then what his Johto or Unova starters can say.

Right. So why are people making it as though the first ones are any stronger than any of his others? Why don't we stop the categories and start using some sense? It's good to have Charizard back doesn't mean it is all there is to Ash's team or any of his other kanto pokemon.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Did you watch the same anime? Bulbasaur was a ****ing beast already in Kanto. He beat Beedril and Scyther in the Kanto League, both in a row and with a huge disadvatage. He only lost to the same Bellsprout that beat Pikachu too in Kanto. And since then he has been shown to be a great battler. I don't know what the hell are you talking about.
    Squirtle didn't got to battle that much in Kanto, but didn't do bad in the battles it had. He beat that Nidorino at the league, lost to Happy cause of plot, and then beat Starmie and Onix and lost to Dragonite. From that point he only lose once and beat strong pokemon, like Electabuzz or Brandon's Ninjask.
    So , really, that is much more impressive then what his Johto or Unova starters can say.
    Yes I did watch it and that was the only time Bulbasaur proved his worth outside of his refusal to evolve episode. Because unless you ignore every gym battle he took part in, he lost all of them, like to Kingler's Bubble attack in the 8th gym. Just like Squritle, who lost to a Ninetales and Machamp. Poor thing couldn't even take a single Fire Spin. I don't see why people seriously count OI's gym battles, only the last two were battles, but it wasn't even a real league. Not sure why Onix is impressive, I mean Squritle had a huge advantage over it. It took all the way to the Johto league for Squirtle to finally get a good battle. And please, Ninjask had one true attacking move in the overused Aerial Ace.

Tell me that when Squritle beats a Kingdra and a Charizard. Or when Bulbasaur beats a Houndoom. Can't say much for Unova other then Oshawott and Snivy actually won real gym battles for Ash unlike Bulbasaur and Squirtle.
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 22nd March 2013 at 9:19 PM.
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I guess my unpopular opinion is that Unfezant is amazing lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Not really about the anime itself, but: The TR Radio Show isn't that great, to put it lightly. I've never heard it, of course, but I've seen a couple of the scripts, and I did not like them.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I guess my unpopular opinion is that Unfezant is amazing lol.

I like the bird also, people at first said it was ugly but with time, seeing diferent art and in the anime, the female one is pretty damn cute and the male one is cool but I'm not sure thats unpopular, maybe ingame since like I said some people find it ugly but I'm not sure people dislike Unfezant, unless said people are butthurt Braviary fans who wanted a Straptor clone.

Tranquill is my favourite pre evolved regional bird actually design wise but my favourite fully evolved is Staraptor.

I like the bird also, people at first said it was ugly but with time, seeing diferent art and in the anime, the female one is pretty damn cute and the male one is cool but I'm not sure thats unpopular, maybe ingame since like I said some people find it ugly but I'm not sure people dislike Unfezant, unless said people are butthurt Braviary fans who wanted a Straptor clone.

Tranquill is my favourite pre evolved regional bird actually design wise but my favourite fully evolved is Staraptor.
    Everybody *****ed that Ash should stop with the regional bird especially if they aren't gonna get focus like Unfezant.

Oh no, the male one is ugly as **** xD.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Everybody *****ed that Ash should stop with the regional bird especially if they aren't gonna get focus like Unfezant.

Oh no, the male one is ugly as **** xD.
    Unfezant got the usual bird treatment, problem is she had other reserves to share time with, so she is fine got less because there are more pokemon and she isn't a starter, plus she wasn't needed to pop baloons every episodes which helps but yeah like I said people wanted Braviary.

As far as I'm concerned I like the regional bird tradition and I like prefer that Satoshi gets the 3 starters every region I guess this is unpopular in both cases :P.

Unfezant got the usual bird treatment, problem is she had other reserves to share time with, so she is fine got less because there are more pokemon and she isn't a starter, plus she wasn't needed to pop baloons every episodes which helps but yeah like I said people wanted Braviary.

As far as I'm concerned I like the regional bird tradition and I like prefer that Satoshi gets the 3 starters every region I guess this is unpopular in both cases :P.
    No it's cuz she wasn't blue and cute

I think one starter is more then enough, I prefer a Hoenn kind of team.

Yes I did watch it and that was the only time Bulbasaur proved his worth outside of his refusal to evolve episode. Because unless you ignore every gym battle he took part in, he lost all of them, like to Kingler's Bubble attack in the 8th gym. Just like Squritle, who lost to a Ninetales and Machamp. Poor thing couldn't even take a single Fire Spin. I don't see why people seriously count OI's gym battles, only the last two were battles, but it wasn't even a real league. Not sure why Onix is impressive, I mean Squritle had a huge advantage over it. It took all the way to the Johto league for Squirtle to finally get a good battle. And please, Ninjask had one true attacking move in the overused Aerial Ace.

Tell me that when Squritle beats a Kingdra and a Charizard. Or when Bulbasaur beats a Houndoom. Can't say much for Unova other then Oshawott and Snivy actually won real gym battles for Ash unlike Bulbasaur and Squirtle.
    You mean when Totodile closed Kingdra's mouth to make it "explode" with its own Hydropump? Yeah, I usually call that comic relief, not a real battle.

Bayleef beating Houndoom was impressive, yeah. But Bulbasaur beating Meganium was as or more impressive then that. That battle was made to show that despite Bulbasaur's refusal to evolve, he is as powerfull as a fully evolved pokemon.

It's unfair to say that Oshawott and Snivy won real gym battles for Ash, unlike Bulbasaur and Squirtle. Because the anime has changed a lot since then, and back then Ash earned almost all his Kanto badges in a non-battling way. So of course they would have less chances to win badges for Ash. That's part of the reason why they made them shine in the Johto league and Battle Frontier.

Bulbasaur beating Beedril, Scyther, Magneton, Meganium, Brandon's Dusclops and Solrock is much more impressive then Bayleef beating Poliwrath, Machoke and Houndoom.
    Squirtle beating Nidorino, Starmie, Onix, Quilava, Electabuzz and Brandon's Ninjask is much more impressive then Totodile beating Slugma, Sneasel and Charizard. Besides Totodile lost to the same Electabuzz that Squirtle beat.

More unpopular opinions.
    39: I don't know how unpopular this is but, I enjoyed Misty's Politoed better as a Poliwhirl. Shame it didn't become Poliwrath.
    40: I never liked that semi popular suggestion that because Gary had a Umbreon, Ash should get a Espeon. I always found that excuse lame. Misty is actually the only character I wanted to see with a Eevee because she wanted a Vaporeon, though I did like May's and glad she got Glaceon, a nice Pokemon for her team. But yeah this whole Umbreon=Espeon thing? Zoey has a Leafeon, does that mean Dawn should get a Eevee as well? I never got the hype for Ash getting a Espeon...or any Eevee.
    41: I was more excited for the Sinnoh GF then I was the Sinnoh League. I bet this is a very high unpopular opinion. Even when we got info that Ash was going to fight a legendary at the league, I was like "You mean like how he fought all three Regis and Articuno in BF?" So they basically started moving legendaries to leagues now. Still looked more forward to the GF more. Main reason because unlike the GF, I didn't care about the main character doing the league. I only wanted to see Paul and Barry battle and advance. So yeah, despite what happened in both I was more excited for the GF.
    42: Fantina could have easily been in the Wallace Cup and replaced May as the super rival of that tournament (But I'm glad May got the spot anyway, she got to defeat Zoey) IMO the reason they didn't is because they didn't want someone to lose to Dawn who would later have to face Ash for a badge. It's also why I think they never had Nando and Dawn fight in a Contest. Even though Nando was clearly a better coordinator then trainer and a battle with him, even in defeat, could have actually elevated Dawn's contest status, they choose not to because in the chance she does win, the writers probably wouldn't know how to repackage him as a legit threat in the league to Ash. Which brings me to number 43.
    43: Nando should have been a full time Coordinator and battled the other Coordinators onscreen. Unlike poor Kenny, I think Nando is simply unpopular because he never showed up. Not sure if this is unpopular or not. A lot of neutral opinions this time, perhaps.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I agree with Platinum fan.'s #39, Eevee is just such a cliche choice, too many fanfic writers abuse it.

For another one of mine: Ash should NOT get to be the chosen one so often, it gets so old. I don't mind destined heroes when they're done correctly (Legend of Zelda for example), but here? It serves no purpose except to glorify Ash. Speaking of which, they should never have introduced the concept of aura (or at least not give it to Ash).
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Well, here is one unpopular opinion. Or at least I think so.

The only well done Leagues from the beggining to the end with any noticeable major flaw were the Johto and Sinnoh Leagues.

The Kanto league, with TRio screwing things for Ash, the Hoenn League, with only regional pokemons and Pikachu losing to a Meowth, and the Unova League, with only regional pokemons, Ash regressing, Ash losing to an opponent like Cameron, losing 6 vs 5, and Pikachu losing to a newly evolved Lucario... all those had major flaws and could have been definitely better.

In Kanto they could have made a good 3 on 3 battle, with Pikachu vs Sparky being the final battle, were Pikachu lost.
    In Hoenn they could have had an actually realistically strong pokemon to beat Pikachu, instead of a bad copy of Puss in Boots. Plus, the decision of using only regional pokemons is wrong. Badge hunting is for the regional team. The League is for all the pokemon.
    In Unova they could have... well make a lot of things better. An actual 6 vs 6 battle. A decent trainer beating Ash. A decent pokemon beating Pikachu. I mean, Pikachu losing to a newly evolved Lucario? This makes me laugh when I hear someone saying "Pikachu is Ash's strongest". As if any of his other 33 pokemon wouldn't beat that Lucario. Charizard, Infernape, Sceptile, Snorlax (remember him taking out 2 fighting types in BF?) or Heracross, just to name a few, would sent it into oblivion. Anyway, let's don't stray from the point of this, let's continue.
    A 6 vs 6 rival battle. Ash not regressing, but losing in the semi-finals against Virgil and achieving Top 4 again. And well, the same I said for Hoenn goes for Unova. Badge hunting for the regional team. League for all the pokemon.

The reason why I think Johto and Sinnoh leagues are, unlike those, well done, is this:

The Johto League was the perfect League so far in Pokemon. Ash used all his pokemon, except Kingler. We got 2 full 6 vs 6 battles. We got a big rival battle. Ash done better than in his previous League, making it to Top 8. We got detailed preliminaries, not absolutely skipping them. We got some pretty epic battles during the whole League, specially vs Gary and Harrison. Bulbasaur vs Meganium. Squirtle vs Electabuzz. Heracross vs Magmar. Charizard vs Blastoise. Snorlax vs Steelix. Bayleef vs Houndoom. Charizard vs Blaziken.
    And I'm probably forgotten some.
    The rival battle was well executed (unlike Kanto and Unova). The final battle was a battle between 2 fully evolved powerhouses, and we knew that Ash couldn't actually do anything more then what he did in the Johto League. That he gave his best. (Something that Hoenn, Unova and ,to a lesser extent, Kanto, didn't).
    Also, the final Johto league battle (Charizard vs Blaziken) is, alongisde the Sinnoh League one (Pikachu vs Latios), the best final League battle ever. (Charizard disobeying, Pikachu vs Meowth in boots and Pikachu vs newly evolved Lucario are far worst than that).

The Sinnoh League was very well done. Ash used a lot of his pokemon, not only the regional team. Some needed pokemon got to battle (Noctowl, Quilava, Donphan, Gible, Heracross). An old pokemon evolved, Cyndaquil. We got good preliminaries, having two 3 vs 3 battles. We got an excellent rival battle (unlike Unova). Ash vs Paul was one of the best battles in the entire anime. Ash improved again, making it to Top 4 (unlike Unova). Ash lost to an extremely powerful trainer (unlike Kanto, Unova and to a lesser extent, Hoenn). And it was implied that Ash could have won the league if Tobias wasn't there, because the other finalist didn't take out Darkrai. The only thing that could have been better was not skipping the Second round (Snorlax win).
    We got some epic battles here too. Infernape vs Electivire. Sceptile vs Darkrai. Pikachu vs Latios. The whole rival battle was pretty epic, Drapion was a beast, so were Infernape, Pikachu and Electivire.
    The final battle was epic and Pikachu actually tie against a powerful legendary pokemon like Latios (unlike Hoenn and Unova). Best final League battle ever, alongside Charizard vs Blaziken.

Well, that was it. What do you guys think? Do you agree with me?
    Last edited by Lucas MV; 27th March 2013 at 9:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    I agree with Platinum fan.'s #39, Eevee is just such a cliche choice, too many fanfic writers abuse it.

For another one of mine: Ash should NOT get to be the chosen one so often, it gets so old. I don't mind destined heroes when they're done correctly (Legend of Zelda for example), but here? It serves no purpose except to glorify Ash. Speaking of which, they should never have introduced the concept of aura (or at least not give it to Ash).
    Don't you mean #40?? Number 39 was about Poliwhirl lol.

In Unova they could have... well make a lot of things better. An actual 6 vs 6 battle. A decent trainer beating Ash. A decent pokemon beating Pikachu. I mean, Pikachu losing to a newly evolved Lucario? This makes me laugh when I hear someone saying "Pikachu is Ash's strongest". As if any of his other 33 pokemon wouldn't beat that Lucario. Charizard, Infernape, Sceptile, Snorlax (remember him taking out 2 fighting types in BF?) or Heracross, just to name a few, would sent it into oblivion. Anyway, let's don't stray from the point of this, let's continue.
    Not arguing, but Ash was destined to lose the battle, so even those guys would have lost... but because of their special treatment (outside of Heracross vs Venasaur in the BF) they wouldn't have likely appeared anyway. What special treatment you ask? Always taking out at least one Pokemon before going down (can't remember, did Charizard beat any of Harrison's Pokemon, maybe that's another exception)

On-topic:

-Another Pokemon Ash shouldn't get is Riolu/Lucario.

-The anime (or at least Ash's story) should have ended after either Indigo, Orange Islands, or Johto (at the latest).

Don't you mean #40?? Number 39 was about Poliwhirl lol.
    Yeah I meant #40 lol

Yeah, number 39 was Poliwhirl XD

44: This one has pretty much be unpopular for awhile, if I already mentioned it then I will do it again. While I wasn't always a fan of the DP training episodes, I am glad they happened. This really cut back on the DEM and out of nowhere cheap wins the previous region saga had, when a new move was to be learned it wasn't learned right in the battle, it got a full episode dedication to it, minus a small few like Super Fang. It's because of the large amounts of training episodes that I didn't mind to much that Dawn made runner up on her first GF, even though I still think the position was to high for a young coordinator on her first year, at least they actually build up to it with training episodes. Numerous training episodes.
    45: Looking back on this, I actually would have preferred it if Misty got Totodile. I mentioned this in the XY anime idea thread, but I don't think I brought it up here. Now you could say "Oh but Totodile wouldn't have done much under Misty." That might be true, but Totodile didn't do much under Ash either. Totodile might have shined in the Whirl Cup more with Misty and cut back on her Psyduck DEM wins with a actual starter. Plus, it could evolve when Misty has her returns...whenever. This was a huge opinion of mine, because I think Totodile would have gotten the same treatment regardless sadly, but it would have been nice to see Misty with the little dancing crocodile water starter. I'd prefer it over Corsola.
    46: In my humble opinion the Kanto GF is the only GF where a major achievement actually happened. In Hoenn May beat Harley and a few nobodies and in Sinnoh, despite the wonderful Zoey vs Nando and semi wonderful Zoey vs Dawn matches, Dawn didn't beat anyone she couldn't beat on a regular basis. May defeating Drew in Kanto was a big deal because it showed May came a long way, defeating a opponent it took her forever to catch up with. Sinnoh didn't have that. Drew and Harley, while they are they're own characters, sole purpose on the show was to elevate May and show her growth as a Coordinator. Dawn's rivals did not do that, it felt like she had share the storyline with three other people and Kenny wasn't even one of them. I don't know who we're suppose to focus on in the Sinnoh GF was it Dawn or Zoey? I really cannot tell. This is unpopular because the Sinnoh GF is surprisingly popular. This is just one of the things falling apart at DP's end. DP's my favorite saga but by the last half it really started to sink. The Sinnoh GF IMO was one of the biggest thing that sank.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    DP's my favorite saga but by the last half it really started to sink. The Sinnoh GF IMO was one of the biggest thing that sank.
    I thought you said AG was your favorite saga :P

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    I thought you said AG was your favorite saga :P
    I don't recall saying that. AG is one of my fave sagas but DP is my overall fave saga. Reason being is I watched it without taking any hiatus breaks. The only other region to ever get that out of me was OS.

-I'm glad Iris won the Club Battle Tournament, as far as I'm concerned Ash is going to be in this show forever and has won helluva lot of other crap. I'm glad she got herself a nice tournament achievement before the end of BW. I thought all her battles were interesting and fun to watch, even Axew's Outrage was stellar. Georgia started to slowly recognize her as having the potential to be her rival and she faced off against Ash for the first time seriously. Oh and I got a bunch of cool-looking screencaps from that episode, but yeah I'm glad she won she deserved some glory after that streak of bad focus at the beginning of BW.

-I loooove tournaments and hope they get retained in XY, just better handling and less characters being used.

-I like most of Ash's reserves because a lot of them are easily better Pokemon than any of his main Pokemon despite their lesser amounts of focus, Leavanny >>>>> Snivy, Krookodile >>>>> Oshawott, etc.

-Pignite is the best main member despite the lack of a significant personality in similar to Snivy, Scraggy, etc.

You mean when Totodile closed Kingdra's mouth to make it "explode" with its own Hydropump? Yeah, I usually call that comic relief, not a real battle.

Bayleef beating Houndoom was impressive, yeah. But Bulbasaur beating Meganium was as or more impressive then that. That battle was made to show that despite Bulbasaur's refusal to evolve, he is as powerfull as a fully evolved pokemon.

It's unfair to say that Oshawott and Snivy won real gym battles for Ash, unlike Bulbasaur and Squirtle. Because the anime has changed a lot since then, and back then Ash earned almost all his Kanto badges in a non-battling way. So of course they would have less chances to win badges for Ash. That's part of the reason why they made them shine in the Johto league and Battle Frontier.

Bulbasaur beating Beedril, Scyther, Magneton, Meganium, Brandon's Dusclops and Solrock is much more impressive then Bayleef beating Poliwrath, Machoke and Houndoom.
    Squirtle beating Nidorino, Starmie, Onix, Quilava, Electabuzz and Brandon's Ninjask is much more impressive then Totodile beating Slugma, Sneasel and Charizard. Besides Totodile lost to the same Electabuzz that Squirtle beat.
    Okay, why don't we calm down for a bit? Just becuase you think that Bulbasaur and some others won battles the way you thought should be won doesn't mean the others haven't won any battles at all. And alot of May's and some other character's pokemon wins were pretty bad as well. However they're still wins whether you think they are jokes, gags or not.

My ideal battle ever!

Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast