Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Besides the regression that makes Trip somehow able to demolish Ash, but lose to Cilan and Bianca? We've only seen Serperior and Conkeldurr after the 3 VS 3 that was like 30 episodes into the series? 70-80ish episodes without anything else
    Them defeating him weren't anything that special really. :/ Bel called out to Emboar and he defeated Conkeldurr and Dwebble used Shell Smash and Slash thus defeating Gurdurr. The appearances are low, I can say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    His loses against those two aren't anything really special. Bel called out to Emboar and he defeated Conkeldurr and Dwebble used Shell Smash and Slash thus defeating Gurdurr. The appearances are low, I can say that.
    It was special when it first happened. Nobody saw it coming. Nobody ever defeats Ash's rivals. It seems so blah now because almost nobody cares about Ash and Trip's rivalry and the bad writing that has kept happening this series. Seems like everyone keeps their standards low

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    They really did screw him over towards the end, I'll agree that much.
    Trip is the sign of bad writing. Builds up an entire saga by spam beating Ash, but loses in a 1v1 in League's Round 1 using his overused Serperior. I'm sick of that serpent already, Trip's Serperior left me a bad impression of the species in general.

Anyways, unpopular opinons
    - Iris should've gotten Snivy while Oshawott should've gone to Cilan.
    Not sure if this is unpopular, but I liked how AG spread out the starters to the trio.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    It was special when it first happened. Nobody saw it coming. Nobody ever defeats Ash's rivals. It seems so blah now because almost nobody cares about Ash and Trip's rivalry and the bad writing that has kept happening this series. Seems like everyone keeps their standards low
    Yea, it was special because that happened. But, it depends on the person watching. I was happy to see them defeat him, but as you said, it was special at first. Now we have main rivals losing in the preliminary rounds and others losing to a League rival. So, anything can happen now. :/

At least he's not Paul Other Pokemon should have been used in the other tournaments, and Trip should have gotten better than 1v1.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

That I find this guy's review the most hilariously agreeable thing I've ever seen by a Pokefan myself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz3ToHQH654
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

*points at all Trip vs Ash battles*

Unless you meant "he shouldn't be a threat".
    Let's be honest with ourselves here... Ash was completely dumbed down in all of those matches. The best battle they had that had a tad bit of what Johto/AG/DP could have easily pulled off (with a win) was the 3 on 3 tie. I'm sorry, but a beginning trainer like Trip should not be giving a high caliber trainer like Ash problems. No back story of meeting a champion can change that.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Not the training itself, no. But it sure feels that way, seeing as there's not much more of interest.

*points at all Trip vs Ash battles*

Unless you meant "he shouldn't be a threat".

Druddigon.
    Lol take away Serperior and all you have is a fail clown and a semi decent Jellyfish, yes so much better then Paul -_-....say what you want about Paul's attitude but his pokemon would literally destroy Trip's.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Druddigon.
    Oh lol never mind I thought it was a new Pokemon. I don't know why some people keep using japanese names to mislead others.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    - Iris should've gotten Snivy while Oshawott should've gone to Cilan.
    Not sure if this is unpopular, but I liked how AG spread out the starters to the trio.
    Yeah that worked so well for Brock's Mudkip haha. Just a little sarcasm cuz I didn't think all the Hoenn starter Pokemon were treated equally so it prolly wouldn't have worked if the same thing happened to the Unova starter Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Lol take away Serperior and all you have is a fail clown and a semi decent Jellyfish, yes so much better then Paul -_-....say what you want about Paul's attitude but his pokemon would literally destroy Trip's.
    Weavile would likely solo...or Magmortar and it's resistance to Water attacks for some reason XD
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Lucario View Post
    Yeah that worked so well for Brock's Mudkip haha. Just a little sarcasm cuz I didn't think all the Hoenn starter Pokemon were treated equally so it prolly wouldn't have worked if the same thing happened to the Unova starter Pokemon.
    Except the Unova team is heavily undeveloped and the sharing of screentime is completely bs. Ugh. It just annoys me so much. Rotation is a great idea, but the writers completely sucks at handling it. I'd rather have a smaller, developed team over a bigger but with uneven screentime team. Ash's team would've worked much better in my opinion if he had Pignite. Even in DP, having two starters left Torterra the more shafted of the two. Right now, Oshawott and Snivy aren't seeing any development, since for the former's fighting without scalchop training went to waste, while for the latter, she had the same movepool since the beginning of the series. Real development.

Tbh, Cilan and Iris's team could use the starters too. It would make them much more promote-able like Dawn and her screen-hogging penguin XD. I'm surprised how they shoved all three starters to Ash even after how popular Dawn was with Japan partially thanks to Piplup.

As for Paul vs Trip issue, if DP had Trip and BW had Paul, it wouldn't be as bad. But it went the other way round. Tbh Trip is just too similar to Paul, and the latter is a clear cut above the former in strength. Trip just fails to hit the bar that Paul set, which I admit is pretty high, but IMO Trip isn't close to the bar either. Aside from his Serperior, his team is kind of messed up. Conkelderp, Jellicent and a Vanillish and Lampent that somehow disappeared into oblivion.

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Weavile would likely solo...or Magmortar and it's resistance to Water attacks for some reason XD
    Exactly. People hate on Paul's attitude and then use that to say he was weak, total crap lol.

Oh lol never mind I thought it was a new Pokemon. I don't know why some people keep using japanese names to mislead others.

And yet Marshtomp still got more development then Snivy.....

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Except the Unova team is heavily undeveloped and the sharing of screentime is completely bs. Ugh. It just annoys me so much. Rotation is a great idea, but the writers completely sucks at handling it. I'd rather have a smaller, developed team over a bigger but with uneven screentime team. Ash's team would've worked much better in my opinion if he had Pignite. Even in DP, having two starters left Torterra the more shafted of the two. Right now, Oshawott and Snivy aren't seeing any development, since for the former's fighting without scalchop training went to waste, while for the latter, she had the same movepool since the beginning of the series. Real development.

Tbh, Cilan and Iris's team could use the starters too. It would make them much more promote-able like Dawn and her screen-hogging penguin XD. I'm surprised how they shoved all three starters to Ash even after how popular Dawn was with Japan partially thanks to Piplup.

As for Paul vs Trip issue, if DP had Trip and BW had Paul, it wouldn't be as bad. But it went the other way round. Tbh Trip is just too similar to Paul, and the latter is a clear cut above the former in strength. Trip just fails to hit the bar that Paul set, which I admit is pretty high, but IMO Trip isn't close to the bar either. Aside from his Serperior, his team is kind of messed up. Conkelderp, Jellicent and a Vanillish and Lampent that somehow disappeared into oblivion.
    Exactly. Again Rotation should of been ALL pokemon besides Pikachu get rotated. Instead we got 1 rotation spot for the majority of the region -_-...
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Ya the Japanese names are really confusing thats why I dont bother replying to messages that have Japanese names theres just no point in trying to decipher those cryptic messages.

And yet Marshtomp still got more development then Snivy.....
    In what universe?? Snivy got more screentime and more development than all of Brocks Pokemon combined. I think thats almost a confirmed fact

Quote Originally Posted by Ke$ha View Post
    In what universe?? Snivy got more screentime and more development than all of Brock's Pokemon combined. I think thats almost a confirmed fact
    Major Tsutarja fan here, I don't really see that in her to be honest.

Ya the Japanese names are really confusing thats why I dont bother replying to messages that have Japanese names theres just no point in trying to decipher those cryptic messages.

In what universe?? Snivy got more screentime and more development than all of Brocks Pokemon combined. I think thats almost a confirmed fact
    Like?? No new moves, no evo's....

Other then her rivalry with Emonga and her mother like qualities, what does she have??

Screen time =/= Development. You should remember that.

Major Tsutarja fan here, I don't really see that in her to be honest.
    Im assuming your talking about Snivy?? If so then I dis-agree cuz we've seen her appear a lot and even tho she usually hangs out by herself she still has more personality and more things going for her than Brocks Marshtomp. What did Marshtomp seriously do that puts him above Snivy? Im curious to see what others have to say

Im assuming your talking about Snivy?? If so then I dis-agree cuz we've seen her appear a lot and even tho she usually hangs out by herself she still has more personality and more things going for her than Brocks Marshtomp. What did Marshtomp seriously do that puts him above Snivy? Im curious to see what others have to say
    Yea, she may have appeared and all, but she never developed. :/ Robert basically said everything I was going to say.

It's funny how a lot of people were so eager to say that Snivy >>>>>> Oshawott in terms of development and now suddenly she's not even developed enough to stand on par with Brock's Marshtomp? Strange how Snivy's relevance in the show is suddenly called into question; it's even stranger that it's being questioned by comparing her to one of Brock's Pokemon, when almost everyone previously agreed that his Pokemon didn't develop much - if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    It's funny how a lot of people were so eager to say that Snivy >>>>>> Oshawott in terms of development and now suddenly she's not even developed enough to stand on par with Brock's Marshtomp? Strange how Snivy's relevance in the show is suddenly called into question; it's even stranger that it's being questioned by comparing her to one of Brock's Pokemon, when almost everyone previously agreed that his Pokemon didn't develop much - if at all.
    the fandom is fickle, what can you do.

One moment people will get behind a pokemon, praise it and hope it grows into something awsome, but when it doesn't happen they turn on it, and bash it.

though there are exceptions like Pignite who get bashed no matter what...

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    One moment people will get behind a pokemon, praise it and hope it grows into something awsome, but when it doesn't happen they turn on it, and bash it.
    When you say "people" who all do you mean?

When you say "people" who all do you mean?
    i'm referring to fans of the show of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    the fandom is fickle, what can you do.

though there are exceptions like Pignite who get bashed no matter what...
    Does this constitute an unpopular opinion...even so I'll admit I'm guilty of this, but for good reason. I mean of coarse you want something to succeed, if nothing happens at all then it's basically wasting potential.

Actually, he is better. He has something called a personality.

All Paul has going for him is power, he's just a boring, generic "rival", and always will be. Trip is less powerful, but more interesting.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

All Paul has going for him is power, he's just a boring, generic "rival", and always will be. Trip is less powerful, but more interesting.
    Personality doesn't win you battles unless your Ash... (Ash's loses to Trip were generic)

How does Trip have any personality? He's just cocky and arrogant, but isn't even THAT strong. Tbh Bianca has a far more interesting personality, and so does Stephan and Kotetsu. He's somewhere along the lines of Virgil.

He doesn't even interact much with Ash like Paul. At least Paul is cocky for a good reason, he's actually a threat.

ASB Squad

Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast