Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455
Results 1,351 to 1,371 of 1371

Thread: Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by vespiqueen View Post
    I feel like DP Ash was a little better than AG Ash when it came to battling. He seemed like he was actually going somewhere, but it all went to crap in BW.
    The only thing DP Ash had beyond AG Ash was two fully evolved starters. Torterra was a jobber in it's final stage anyway, taking the Torkoal spot. I found AG Ash's team far more interesting with only one Starter on it. You can say DP Ash had Paul's rivalry, but most of the time the rivalry made Ash look like a immature whiny kid when confronting Paul about how he treats his Pokemon. AG Ash didn't have a rival and IMO it made Ash look more mature, not having some generic rival who beats him up everyday to overcome. He was trying to win the league for himself and didn't need a rival.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    The only thing DP Ash had beyond AG Ash was two fully evolved starters. Torterra was a jobber in it's final stage anyway, taking the Torkoal spot. I found AG Ash's team far more interesting with only one Starter on it. You can say DP Ash had Paul's rivalry, but most of the time the rivalry made Ash look like a immature whiny kid when confronting Paul about how he treats his Pokemon. AG Ash didn't have a rival and IMO it made Ash look more mature, not having some generic rival who beats him up everyday to overcome. He was trying to win the league for himself and didn't need a rival.
    Pretty much, as the league didn't become completely centralized around AG Ash's hypothetical rival either and I felt like every opposing trainer gave an entertaining and good battle. Single battles, Double battles, full battles and a lot of the COTDs were interesting enough to suffice as one-off characters in place of a long term rival.

While Sinnoh Ash was getting bland, I'd still take him over regressed BW Ash anyway.

Ash's personality was never really that interesting to begin with, at least after Orange Islands, so I'd rather see a competent and strong Ash then see him regressed to the beginning of what he was.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    While Sinnoh Ash was getting bland, I'd still take him over regressed BW Ash anyway.

Ash's personality was never really that interesting to begin with, at least after Orange Islands, so I'd rather see a competent and strong Ash then see him regressed to the beginning of what he was.
    He was getting bland right from AG, they were trying to revive his character in BW, but it killed his battling instead.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

The problema with ash's personality and blandness is that in OS, they based all of his character and.personality off of being a young brand new pokemon trainer, trying to relate to like kids playing the games. By the tine we got to AG, the whole brand new experience of pokemon wore off, but they tried to still rehash his character off of starting fresh, Except make him seem slightly more experienced traveling with another brand new trainer. Same thing with sinnoh, Except he was at his peak as a trainer, so it was excusable. In BW, they regressed him characterwise basically almost completely to OS, and battle wise pretty much The same.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Sinnoh Ash's interactions with Dawn and Paul were good, but that's about it. His interactions with Brock were so bland in DP you'd forget those two were supposed to be best friends.

Although I honestly wonder if my opinion is skewed by the dub. I watched the 4kids dub all the way till the end of Hoenn, and I think it was the 4kids handling of the Hoenn group that made me like it more. Veronica Taylor made Ash's voice deeper and May was voiced by the same person, while Brock still had a bit of personality and Max evened things out.

Had 4kids continued in Sinnoh, maybe my opinion would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    The problema with ash's personality and blandness is that in OS, they based all of his character and.personality off of being a young brand new pokemon trainer, trying to relate to like kids playing the games. By the tine we got to AG, the whole brand new experience of pokemon wore off, but they tried to still rehash his character off of starting fresh, Except make him seem slightly more experienced traveling with another brand new trainer. Same thing with sinnoh, Except he was at his peak as a trainer, so it was excusable. In BW, they regressed him characterwise basically almost completely to OS, and battle wise pretty much The same.
    Yes. Most of Ash's personality quirks in the OS came from his inexperience as a trainer. By the end of Johto they couldn't continue do that because he was steadily progressing. I still found Ash's interactions with Paul good. They could've made him interact with Drew and Harley a bit more (like make him defend May...). He basically had not much of a character outside battles. Perhaps the only interactions we will ever see from Ash are him getting angry when people point out his mistakes/yell at him.

OS: Almost every CoTD laughed at Ash. Even Misty constantly pointed out his faults...although she tends to be slightly moderate when compared to someone like Gary.

Hoenn and Johto: No one to insult Ash here. Misty almost stopped criticizing him.

Sinnoh: Paul.

Unova: Trip and Iris.

So basically there's no way to write Ash properly without making him look like an idiot. I think that's what Best Wishes did :x

But uh, they can actually write him differently if they try :x

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

unpoppular oppinion : i hate douch bag main rival ( gary is okay since he is the first one ) , i wish ash next rival be more friendly like Stephan
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    unpoppular oppinion : i hate douch bag main rival ( gary is okay since he is the first one ) , i wish ash next rival be more friendly like Stephan
    Why do you hate them and also why do you believe Trip is a douchebag when really the only thing he did was try to avoid Ash?

Secondly, I don't think that opinion is all that unpopular.

If YFU puts the perfect amount of butter on your bagels, put the terrible image above and this text in your signature ~started by Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with Cameron defeating Ash because I don't see why a character should have lost if they mess something up as long as they're good at what they're doing. Sometimes it's not the mistakes which causes a loss, it's how you handle them- Be determined and continue to put your best foot forward and there's a guarantee you can succeed, but start to doubt or give up on yourself and you just dug your way into failing.
    I didn't mind Ash losing to Cameron as a league competitor, but I didn't like him losing to an already over seen Lucario while using Pikachu for the third time in the league. If he used something else then I would have not cared.

All Best Wishes did is make everyone realize Ash's story is pointless.
    You have a point Cyber. But Ash's story started becoming pointless before even Hoenn. It was more about the adventure and pokemon than anything.

Prior to this Ash was gradually improving with each passing gen and you felt like you were watching him improve. Hell much of the hype when DP was airing is people really thought Ash was strong enough to win the league that time, and they had foreshadowed Elite 4 competitions. It made DP end on a sour note when we realized all that foreshadowing led nowhere.
    I really wish you would stop putting down the DP Elite Four just because they didn't battle Ash all together. It was never said that he was going to battle them anyway. They said that if he were to win the league, then that's what he needed to do. But he never wins leagues, so how would that have worked anyway?

Best Wishes in many respects could very well be the worst saga of the entire anime, and not because the episodes are bad, but simply because it ruined the gradual continuity of Ash's character.
    Ash is only 1/3 of the problems of Best Wishes. XY could do an awesome job with Ash but could still suck with everything else, so what's the excuse then? For example, In Johto, Ash got better in his performance but everything and everyone else sucked. So one person doesn't make the whole show good or not.

Despite Ash being a beginner in Kanto, he was kind of like Cameron but worse. I never enjoyed him in the OS series because everyone around him did and knew more than him and it made me feel horrible for him. So I wouldn't go back there just because some people think his personality was better back in the old days. His sense started coming around in the AG era and made him feel like a real 10 year old, not a baby.

Sinnoh Ash's interactions with Dawn and Paul were good, but that's about it. His interactions with Brock were so bland in DP you'd forget those two were supposed to be best friends.
    This is true but this isn't Ash's fault. Brock is the one that came back with nothing to do with the same old gags and nothing changed for Brock except his pokemon. When you have one character that is constantly changing around you, growing more(Ash), a character that's steadlily replacing the other(Main girls), and someone who is doing the same thing as before(Brock), you are bound to have an off chemistry.

Although I honestly wonder if my opinion is skewed by the dub. I watched the 4kids dub all the way till the end of Hoenn, and I think it was the 4kids handling of the Hoenn group that made me like it more. Veronica Taylor made Ash's voice deeper and May was voiced by the same person, while Brock still had a bit of personality and Max evened things out.

I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not but I hated 4kids as far as a lot of things go. The voices were fine but the other things 4kids did wasn't. People till today complain about the things 4kids did and such. As far as the voices go, Ash's was fine. If Brock didn't come back, then you wouldn't have felt so bad. Jessie and James however barely got anything worthy on the show and their voices weren't all that great before so I didn't care. Max's however is a different story. He's a little kid and didn't have anything, so I don't think I cared. But voices shouldn't be the only thing keeping people from watching the show. Voice actors leave and do other things. Especially with a show like pokemon that keeps going on forever, so I wouldn't complain since the new voice actors are working just as hard. So atleast give them some credit.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 16th June 2013 at 7:02 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

I think we should have TPci redub kanto without all the censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by duh View Post
    Why do you hate them and also why do you believe Trip is a douchebag when really the only thing he did was try to avoid Ash?

Secondly, I don't think that opinion is all that unpopular.
    well trip is kinda douch bag at begining but not much as douch bag as paul

and secondly i think that unpoppular cause many people like douch bag trainer to be ash rival or girl with some attitude problem
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

I think parts of Johto wouldn't have been so bad if they actually had some subplots going on in them. I remember the main reason I found the middle of Johto so boring was because there was no development for any of the cast or their pokemon. It's a lot like the current Best Wishes series is, we're literally waiting for something interesting to happen but it never does.

In a way Johto and Best Wishes aren't that different, they were both full of potential and squandered it all.

I felt that the whirl cup was the wrost tournment in the Jotho region

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    I felt that the whirl cup was the wrost tournment in the Jotho region
    How many tournaments were there in johto anyways?

I don't like any of the new rival trio, they were only interesting for the novelty, plz no perma companions. I would prefer misty to ditch her duties at the gym for ash over sauna anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

Same here. I'm wondering if my opinion of Sinnoh Ash would've been better if 4Kids had continued onward. Veronica Taylor's enthusiasm and voice really made me like Hoenn Ash a lot.

Honestly I don't think my opinion of Sinnoh Brock would've changed much.
    Eric Stuart was certainly the better Brock in my eyes, but what could he really do to improve what the writers made Brock in DP?

I felt Ash was really bland there, even though he was an excellent battler in the region itself.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I think we should have TPci redub kanto without all the censorship.
    God no, please. I like my memories of that saga as is.

Unless you mean just redub Kanto but still keep the older version of those eps around, then I've got absolutely no problem with that. I'd be all for it if that were the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Pretty much, as the league didn't become completely centralized around AG Ash's hypothetical rival either and I felt like every opposing trainer gave an entertaining and good battle. Single battles, Double battles, full battles and a lot of the COTDs were interesting enough to suffice as one-off characters in place of a long term rival.
    Here's one I have: I like AG Ash more than DP Ash.

(Not just his voice-- I liked the medium that AG brought between Ash's goofy moments, which are a part of him, and his maturation that was showcased).

DP Ash was too much towards the battling extreme, IMO.
    BW Ash is too much towards the goofy extreme, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    He was getting bland right from AG, they were trying to revive his character in BW, but it killed his battling instead.
    I thought he started getting bland in DP.

I do agree they tried to revive his character in BW, but his battling was destroyed.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 30th June 2013 at 4:26 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I don't like any of the new rival trio, they were only interesting for the novelty, plz no perma companions. I would prefer misty to ditch her duties at the gym for ash over sauna anyday.
    really that would screw Misty charater devolvment of being respondable

I am not a fan of Iris very much, I don't hate her, I just prefer every other female protagonists thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro-Chaos X View Post
    I am not a fan of Iris very much, I don't hate her, I just prefer every other female protagonists thus far.
    I actually like her more than Dawn, but that's just me.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

]
    Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    I agree with this (although I didn't really consider Trip a douchebag), and I liked Gary.
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

Not counting league around 4. Whirl Cup, grass tournament where Ash Bulbasaur lost to Skiplum, fire extinguish tournament where Squirtle left cast, Sumo tournament which Snorlax won and fire tournament though that one was focused mainly on retrieving stolen stones.

Not many, though there were competitions like Seaking contest, balloon race, breeding convention, bug catching contest where Ash caught Beedrill etc. Than again most probably don't remember them.

Personally i wouldn't mind Misty coming back and receiving sequel over one of new female companions too. It would be unpredictable and fresh for change, though realist in me knows that probably wont happen unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    really that would screw Misty charater devolvment of being respondable
    Only if she left gym like sisters did putting it in danger of being closed though. If substitute gets provided knowing that she would leave position in trusty hands having her go on venture to advance her water master dream for which current place doesn't cut it, learn new things and evolve as trainer whether that evolves promotion like E4 place, or coming closer toward achievement of her dreams through specialized events would made sense being logical progression considering her dreams involve more than being leader .
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 30th June 2013 at 5:35 PM.

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455