Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    - May has too much evolutions: Wartotle was awesome, it´s one of my favorites, Glaceon rocks and suits perfectly May, but I always thought that Torchic at least needed a contest loss/victory before it evolved like crazy, I actually think that Blaziken (yeah, sue me) and Venusaur weren´t unnecesary (mainly Venusaur because I liked the couple with Ash´s Bulbasaur :3), in that case, I would prefered Delcatty and Snorlax over Blaziken and Venusaur, or a random Johto capture.
    I believe this is the first time you've ever said anything that could be intrepreted as negative towards something not in dp.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I believe this is the first time you've ever said anything that could be intrepreted as negative towards something not in dp.
    May´s-Wallace-Cup-Emerald-outfit cameo was the only good thing along with Barry and Ursula that the overrated train wreck DP had, actually

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Well, when something like Axew's Outrage happens out of nowhere and it's handwaved as "it happened off screen," forgive me if I show little emotion investment in it if any.
    Actually, I thought Axew's Outrage was a shocker myself. Even though I really like the animation and execution of the attack, without a doubt it was forced to see Axew pull off an Outrage like that. I just look at it more as a shot of adrenaline in the heat of a moment, like a nerfed version of Chimchar's Blaze. Plus it's good to keep in mind that Axew hasn't used Outrage since the Club Battle and from the dialogue Cilan said in Cynthia's BW2 debut episode it's implied, but not out right stated, he can't use the move anymore. Let's take May's Combusken for example, it learned Mega Kick after already have a bit of experience and a few wins under its belt in the BF saga. Even though it didn't battle much in AG while it was a Torchic and had few battles as a Combusken as well. However, it's perfectly fine to see it learn Mega Kick because we saw some on-screen training and its power doesn't imply that it wouldn't be able to learn such a move at its current state.

For the record though I don't have a prob with Giga Impact for a few reasons:

1.Giga Impact is overused and lacks the rarity of Outrage and looks bland in comparison. Everyone and their mother has this move.
    2.Giga Impact didn't even defeat its opponent, thus wasn't a Deus Ex Machina. In fact Garchomp wasn't even bothered.
    3.It has a nasty recoil.
    4.Iris hardly uses the move.
    5.Axew desperately needed a permanent third move.
    6.GI isn't portrayed as nearly as powerful as a move in-game, in fact it just seems like a strong version of Take Down.
    7.Scraggy learned Hi Jump Kick, a very strong Fighting-type move in-game with recoil, I see Giga Impact as a mirror to that. As is Focus Blast to Dragon Rage since both reptilian Pokemon failed at using them at first. Lastly Scratch and Headbutt as "basic" moves.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    But fans will complain since they think that non-onscreen stuff = did not happen! XD
    Except we get scenes of training quite often every few episode in BW is what I'm saying. We know fully well Ash is training his Pokemon, no need to drag an episode out with pointless training unless it's entertaining and engrossing to watch. One of the reasons I give that extremely boring, imo, Dawn Ice Chandelier training episode a lot of flak because it was very uninteresting to watch.

I'm glad they're not putting DP oriented style training into BW. Oshawott vs Herdier was a perfect example of an episode wasted (if the DP style training episode turned out to be true) and later we would realise it's a waste of time since Oshawott forgot how to fight with it, anyways! Also, the reason why they're putting in training episodes in DP is probably due to the fact that Ash actually uses complex combination rather than the simple combinations we get in BW. Also, Iris and Cilan don't have contests, while Dawn is more creative than May in cooking up combinations.
    ....I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or disagreeing. Honestly, Ash has always used complex strategies, I remember how in Johto he had Cyndaquil spin upward to counter Scyther's Swords Dance or in the Elesa Gym where he had Pikachu make that smoke tunnel with Thunderbolt. DP isn't the only series that does that, in a lot of BW battles the writing seems to consist of head-on attacking with little to no strategy unfortunately, I can hand wave this off easily in typical battles since the same thing happened often in DP. It's just somewhat unacceptable for League and Gym Battles however. Addressing your Dawn part, I personally thought Dawn's combinations were inferiors to May's. Dawn's felt more like glorified fireworks and ice-works(.....yes, I know that's not a word. :I) than fun combinations to watch. May used some cool combos like the Silver-Tornado, Psychic-Fire Spin, Focus-Shadow Ball, Fire-Spin Bubble Tucker combination(May Version XD), that easily put Dawn's to shame. Dawn's were just so redundant and hardly anything came of her combinations, I'm almost positive most of them never actually landed and just resulted in an ambiguous explosion half the time.
    I was kinda pissed when Oshawott forgot how to fight without his scalchop. He's more forgetful than Ash =.=
    Yeah, I don't think the Oshawott VS. Herdier battle held any water, it was extremely short and it only served to use Oshawott as fodder for Cheren's new-ness as a gym leader.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 24th February 2013 at 5:27 AM.

It really depends. I feel that Dawn's appeals are better. Maybe it's because I like the idea of implementing ice in contest moves. To me, May's combinations were kind of... I don't know. Not as special as guess. Or doesn't look as well. Oh well, each to their own :3

An unpopular opinion of mine

- DP Jessie herself > Other Jessie (s) : I like the idea of villains doing something other than being a bad guy. It was originally from AG, but AG Jessie just sucked in contests. I'm glad in DP she actually could get into the Grand Festival (though she got 1 Pity ribbon) and had combinations of her own.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    It really depends. I feel that Dawn's appeals are better. Maybe it's because I like the idea of implementing ice in contest moves. To me, May's combinations were kind of... I don't know. Not as special as guess. Or doesn't look as well. Oh well, each to their own :3

An unpopular opinion of mine

- DP Jessie herself > Other Jessie (s) : I like the idea of villains doing something other than being a bad guy. It was originally from AG, but AG Jessie just sucked in contests. I'm glad in DP she actually could get into the Grand Festival (though she got 1 Pity ribbon) and had combinations of her own.
    I'll give you both of these. I didn't like DP Jessie much as a character, though. She was obviously more competent here than in AG, though. I thought it was a fluke Jessie got so far, and found it hilarious she did. XD.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 24th February 2013 at 3:31 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

@Doryuzu/Gotpika, the most reasonable reason of why Axew used Outrage only one time was because the episode was animated by Tamagawa, one of the best animators (and it will have strange proprtions and havew the eyes very big) of the show.

The reason why Axew learned that movie wasn't for seeing that Axew will improve. Apparently, the real reason of why they give Axew a move is thyat Tamagawa want to do something big before leaving the show for a long hiatus.

The attack only makes sense if you know about the animator of this episode and you know that the animator hasn't appeared for 18 months, at least. And possibly he aren't going to animate episodes anymore.

Remember that in BEst Wishes, the writers never give to the main characters, attacks who they can't give stocked animation for the future.

This is one of the most hated events of the BW anime before the league by the fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    @Doryuzu/Gotpika, the most reasonable reason of why Axew used Outrage only one time was because the episode was animated by Tamagawa, one of the best animators (and it will have strange proprtions and havew the eyes very big) of the show.

The reason why Axew learned that movie wasn't for seeing that Axew will improve. Apparently, the real reason of why they give Axew a move is thyat Tamagawa want to do something big before leaving the show for a long hiatus.
    Source?

Remember that in BEst Wishes, the writers never give to the main characters, attacks who they can't give stocked animation for the future.
    Except Dig(Pansage), Tackle(Oshawott)S, Brick Break, Leer, Focus Blast(Scraggy), Bug Bite, Aerial Ace(Krookodile), Dragon Claw, Scratch, Giga Impact, and Discharge iirc. These moves have had little to no stock footage, not sure what stock footage has to do with it since in the past writers have been more than willing to give non-stock footage moves to Pokemon to Pokemon. Staraptor's Close Combat comes to mind in DP for example, not sure how the rules just suddenly changed in BW. I think a better theory is that Outrage *might* be expensive to animate given the constant quick melee-like movements. For example, each time CC was animated in Sinnoh, it's especially noticeable later on, there was quite a bit of repetition and a bit more slowness. Outrage is similar in-vain to that attack.

This is one of the most hated events of the BW anime before the league by the fandom.
    I checked the review thread for the episode...most people seemed happy about Axew's Outrage. :I Saying this is one of the most "hated" events by the "fandom" is a bit broad don't you think? Because the fandom is just so much more than Bulbagarden(I think saw you on there a few times.), there are many places that are perfectly okay with or even happy Axew learned Outrage. I know for example on Tumblr a lot of people loved the fact that Axew learned Outrage, the fandom encompasses, I'm gonna take a wild guess, maybe a couple million people and only about maybe, fifteen or so *really* vocal members of a forum aren't the whole fandom. I mean for example, there are some people who love Team Rocket and there are some people who hate Team Rocket. You seem more vocal fans talking about the disdain on Bulba and you seem more vocal fans talking about how they like them here but simply saying the whole "Fandom" hates them is a bit out-of-the-park.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Source?
    Common sense and knowing that Tamagawa hasn't done a episode in 19 months. It's speculation, we don't know why Axew learnt Outrage.

Except Dig(Pansage), Tackle(Oshawott)S, Brick Break, Leer, Focus Blast(Scraggy)Stocked footage, Bug Bite, Aerial Ace(Krookodile), Dragon Claw, Scratch, Giga Impact, and Discharge iirc. These moves have had little to no stock footage, not sure what stock footage has to do with it since in the past writers have been more than willing to give non-stock footage moves to Pokemon to Pokemon. Staraptor's Close Combat comes to mind in DP for example, not sure how the rules just suddenly changed in BW. I think a better theory is that Outrage *might* be expensive to animate given the constant quick melee-like movements. For example, each time CC was animated in Sinnoh, it's especially noticeable later on, there was quite a bit of repetition and a bit more slowness. Outrage is similar in-vain to that attack.
    It's known that Best Wishes has more stocked animation than other sagas. And the wrutera are fans to certain attacks. I don't go as far as Pepsi plunge but there's episodes with a lot of stocked animation. The best example was Nonomi episode.

I checked the review thread for the episode...most people seemed happy about Axew's Outrage. :I Saying this is one of the most "hated" events by the "fandom" is a bit broad don't you think? Because the fandom is just so much more than Bulbagarden(I think saw you on there a few times.), there are many places that are perfectly okay with or even happy Axew learned Outrage. I know for example on Tumblr a lot of people loved the fact that Axew learned Outrage, the fandom encompasses, I'm gonna take a wild guess, maybe a couple million people and only about maybe, fifteen or so *really* vocal members of a forum aren't the whole fandom. I mean for example, there are some people who love Team Rocket and there are some people who hate Team Rocket. You seem more vocal fans talking about the disdain on Bulba and you seem more vocal fans talking about how they like them here but simply saying the whole "Fandom" hates them is a bit out-of-the-park.
    Yes, the hated opinion comes from Bulbagarden, not the general fandom. In general there isn't that negative opinion.

The usage of stock animation in Pokemon Best Wishes is horrendous.

I feel it takes away a lot of the entertainment in battles and makes them feel much more unrealistic (obviously they're unrealistic anyway, but this makes them hard to visualise).

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    The usage of stock animation in Pokemon Best Wishes is horrendous.

I feel it takes away a lot of the entertainment in battles and makes them feel much more unrealistic (obviously they're unrealistic anyway, but this makes them hard to visualise).
    Yeah, I wish they could show them more in real time with backgrounds and everything (like in Avatar/Korra) so it doesn't drag.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    Common sense and knowing that Tamagawa hasn't done a episode in 19 months. It's speculation, we don't know why Axew learnt Outrage.
    That seems more like a theory than common sense.

It's known that Best Wishes has more stocked animation than other sagas. And the wrutera are fans to certain attacks. I don't go as far as Pepsi plunge but there's episodes with a lot of stocked animation. The best example was Nonomi episode.
    Huh? Since when did BW have more stock animation than other sagas? DP for example, from my rewatches of various episodes recently, used quite a lot of stock footage itself.

Not sure how unpopular this is here but I didn't care for Tobias. It just felt so unrealistic for a trainer to appear in the league who supposedly swept every single Sinnoh Gym Leader using solely his Darkrai and almost won the whole Sinnoh League using just a Darkrai. This why I preferred Tyson, while Ash did lose the lose wasn't that horrendous and the full-battle wasn't rushed and was entertaining compared to Tobias's marathon clean sweep of almost everyone of Ash's reserves + Gible. It's just entirely unfair when you consider the fact this guy beat around 20-30 Gym Leader owned Pokemon without Darkrai ever losing once. A little backstory or at least foreshadowing on how long he had that Darkrai would have been much better and satisfying if the writers clearly decided that the Sinnoh League was going to begin with Conway and end with Paul. During the Nando battle, as rushed and bland as it was, could have sufficed during TR's bleh scene. Past legendary Pokemon weren't portrayed as being nearly as invincible, Regice, Moltres, Articuno, Meloetta, Raikou, and the Kami Trio for examples can easily be subdued by one or more exceptionally-powered Pokemon.

Another unpopular opinion is I'm not really bothered at all by the stock animation, Pokemon, like almost every other fighting anime in Japan uses stock animation often because it's cheap. It makes sense to me given long-running anime like these aren't expected to have clean-cut animation every episode.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 24th February 2013 at 11:07 PM.

That seems more like a theory than common sense.

Huh? Since when did BW have more stock animation than other sagas? DP for example, from my rewatches of various episodes recently, used quite a lot of stock footage itself.

Not sure how unpopular this is here but I didn't care for Tobias. It just felt so unrealistic for a trainer to appear in the league who supposedly swept every single Sinnoh Gym Leader using solely his Darkrai and almost won the whole Sinnoh League using just a Darkrai. This why I preferred Tyson, while Ash did lose the lose wasn't that horrendous and the full-battle wasn't rushed and was entertaining compared to Tobias's marathon clean sweep of almost everyone of Ash's reserves + Gible. It's just entirely unfair when you consider the fact this guy beat around 20-30 Gym Leader owned Pokemon without Darkrai ever losing once. A little backstory or at least foreshadowing on how long he had that Darkrai would have been much better and satisfying if the writers clearly decided that the Sinnoh League was going to begin with Conway and end with Paul. During the Nando battle, as rushed and bland as it was, could have sufficed during TR's bleh scene. Past legendary Pokemon weren't portrayed as being nearly as invincible, Regice, Moltres, Articuno, Meloetta, Raikou, and the Kami Trio for examples can easily be subdued by one or more exceptionally-powered Pokemon.

Another unpopular opinion is I'm not really bothered at all by the stock animation, Pokemon, like almost every other fighting anime in Japan uses stock animation often because it's cheap. It makes sense to me given long-running anime like these aren't expected to have clean-cut animation every episode.
    Yeah, Ash vs Tobias, and this is a really unpopular opinion, is a bad written battle (don't woory, the Unova one was directly horrible) because it wa smade for Ash being unbeatable. However, I want to notice that Ash isn't known to being in Bst Woishes (we know for leaks, but not officially) until Ash loses the Sinnoh League. After that episode, a preview aired and now Ash IS officially in the series.

Other unpopular opinoon is that the Club Battle was made because the good chemistry apart from the battles that they have. And the chemistry was very good.

I know if there's a unpopular opinion but Iris and Dawn being BFF was forced because Iris is getting screentime during that time. And in the Onix episode, Dawn acted out of character. Dawn saying "such's a little kid" annoys me as the catchpthrase annoyed us. And like Ash I was used to Iris and "such's a little kid". I'm annoyed with this episode with it isn't filler because Ash's Oshawott learned Hydro Pump and because Meloetta showed her Pirouette Form.

I think that Dawn was better treated in BW during her episodes better than one of the main character since the former came out, Cilan. Since Cilan don't promote the games, his screentime went downhill.

And about your opinion on AG, I think that both Hoenn (yes, Hoenn only) and Sinnoh were really good. The AG quartet chemistry was better than DP, the humor was better than DP and the series was faster-paced (Ag lasted 4 years but Hoenn alsted 3 years). For me, Sinnoh is a example of a low paced series and Hoenn is a example of doing a fast paced series. Sinnoh is a little better for me but I don't understimate Hoenn, who if BW is better to compare than Sinnoh.

When DP first started I thought Dawn was going to have the best team of all the girls, simply because she caught two pokemon by her 15th episode and they were getting a lot of screentime. Little did I know after that Buizel would be traded, Ambipom would be released, and Cyndaquil/Togekiss just felt like last-minute fillers. Mamoswine also didn't have as many battles as I would have liked.

I also find it odd the writers tricked us into thinking Dawn was going to capture a lot of pokemon at first like Kanto Ash, she tried to capture a Burmy and some other pokemon in early DP I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    When DP first started I thought Dawn was going to have the best team of all the girls, simply because she caught two pokemon by her 15th episode and they were getting a lot of screentime. Little did I know after that Buizel would be traded, Ambipom would be released, and Cyndaquil/Togekiss just felt like last-minute fillers. Mamoswine also didn't have as many battles as I would have liked.

I also find it odd the writers tricked us into thinking Dawn was going to capture a lot of pokemon at first like Kanto Ash, she tried to capture a Burmy and some other pokemon in early DP I remember.
    I had hoped that Dawn would catch a fair amount of pokemon too, I was quite annoyed with the whole Aipom-Buizel trade, and then the release of Ambipom. To me, the whole thing was just an opportunity to show off the trading to new fans and to make Ash's new water type interesting for a while. I wish that Ash had either kept Aipom as his wildcard and caught buizel/another water pokemon if Dawn kept Buizel (He could even rotate Gliscor and Gible or send them both to training), but just releasing Ambipom to a pokemon pingpong tournament was just a buzkill for me. I mean, Ambipom was much more powerful than Buneary and had more moves, yet the first normal type of her team was kept instead; never made sense to me.

For my unpopular opinon, I guess it is Brock leaving and Cilan taking his place (Not sure if it is popular or not, but I'll just mention it anywho). Even though Brock was on the main cast for years and never accomplished much, I always thought he was much more interesting than Cilan. Sure he had those annoying moments where he would flirt with female characters and would always get forced away by Misty/Max/Croagunk, but I always liked his intelligence on the pokemon. Helping Ash and Paul with advice on their training styles and helping them train through battles was great for me, as it actually offered a serious side to the main trio for once.

Though I'm slightly biased as I just don't like the character of Cilan that much (I thought he was interesting in the games, but I've grown to dislike him in the anime); he reminds me too much of Brock and I don't like his voice actor. Still, he's a good battler and has decent pokemon, so I guess he'll do as a castmember for a while.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

The unpopular opinions continue.
    26: Playing off the Buizel and Aipom trade. I found both Buizel and Aipom more interesting with their original trainers. Not a unpopular opinion on Aipom's half but for Buizel's half it is. Buizel was Dawn's most interesting Pokemon when she had it and I was eager to see how she would turn such a battle oriented and mean attitude Pokemon into a Contest star, instead they went the lazy route and traded it for Aipom. Buizel felt boring under Ash's control and I will always see it nothing more then a poor man's Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile under Ash. It was boring. Aipom was boring with Dawn too and her contest style gave Ash's team more flavor. But that one isn't unpopular as most fine Aipom better with Ash, but IMO Buizel stopped being interesting the minute he left Dawn.
    27: Many people think BW is Ash's first regression, but IMO it first happened in DP. The only difference is he regained his skills rather quickly in DP unlike BW. You did go from Ash having a Sceptile, Glalie, Corphish, Torkoal, and Swellow that carried a entire league by themselves, heck Sceptile battles like two Legendaries in BF, then we start at DP with Turtwig, Aipom, and Staravia for the first few episodes. Of course they made Ash not as strong as he use to be and factor in Paul and there you have it. It's just DP Ash recovered his strength early on and it's hardly noticeable.
    28: At this point in the series, I don't think Ash needs rivals on the show anymore, at least not full time ones. Between Paul and Gary, what more can you do with Ash vs regional rival? It's cliche now, and the writers aren't even trying to make rivals even interesting anymore without copying a old rival. New rookie characters need rivals more then Ash because of how the characters react to a rival. With Ash it's the same reaction all the time. This is another reason I thought AG Ash was handled so well. Hmm, I probably mentioned this one before on this thread. Still a highly unpopular opinion.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    27: Many people think BW is Ash's first regression, but IMO it first happened in DP. The only difference is he regained his skills rather quickly in DP unlike BW. You did go from Ash having a Sceptile, Glalie, Corphish, Torkoal, and Swellow that carried a entire league by themselves, heck Sceptile battles like two Legendaries in BF, then we start at DP with Turtwig, Aipom, and Staravia for the first few episodes. Of course they made Ash not as strong as he use to be and factor in Paul and there you have it. It's just DP Ash recovered his strength early on and it's hardly noticeable.
    28: At this point in the series, I don't think Ash needs rivals on the show anymore, at least not full time ones. Between Paul and Gary, what more can you do with Ash vs regional rival? It's cliche now, and the writers aren't even trying to make rivals even interesting anymore without copying a old rival. New rookie characters need rivals more then Ash because of how the characters react to a rival. With Ash it's the same reaction all the time. This is another reason I thought AG Ash was handled so well. Hmm, I probably mentioned this one before on this thread. Still a highly unpopular opinion.
    I agree, Sinnoh Ash is probably the most competent one at the end but he did start out as a regression of AG Ash imo too.

Also agree on the rivals part. If they're going to give Ash a main rival again next gen they should do something different and by the gods don't make him a rookie. Best would be if the new side kicks got more fleshed out and threatening rivals while Ash got more casual ones like Kenyan. We really can't have another Trip next gen, please.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    She only tried to catch Burmy in addition to Buneary, which she later got. Not too different to May's attemt at Azurill. It's just the obligatory "new trainer finds out that catch Pokemon isn't that easy the hard way" deal.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

I think Ash's Phanpy is his best Ground-type, not only because of its design and power but because it's one of the few Pokemon on this show to utilize Earthquake.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 26th February 2013 at 2:58 AM.

I think Ash's Phanpy is his best Ground-type, not only because of its design but because it's one of the few Pokemon on this show to utilize Earthquake.
    It was just lucky to be caught before that whiscash ep ****ed up the move..

I really liked Max. Having 4 people part of the main group was a really cool and fresh new dynamic.

That Gliscor had good charater devlment and was awesome betting Drapion

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    Helping Ash and Paul with advice on their training styles and helping them train through battles was great for me, as it actually offered a serious side to the main trio for once.
    Oh yes! As much as I thought Brock got downgraded to drywall paper, I really liked his influence in the rivalry. He made me like Paul going through some older episodes, I mean I always liked Paul as an antagonist and rival, but Brock made me like him as a character. The detail and set-up he provided for the rivalry with talking to Chimchar at the Tag Battle and having a discussion with Paul about Chimchar was probably one of his more entertaining moments in the whole series imo. He supplemented well for the rivalry at some points and I liked his few moments of depths when it came to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    I really liked Max. Having 4 people part of the main group was a really cool and fresh new dynamic.
    Yep, his interactions among the AG Quartet made the group dynamic very entertaining.

I have several:

I don't like Misty
    I don't like Pokeshipping
    I like later episodes more than early episodes
    I like both voice casts
    I love fillers
    Season one is not that awesome (but it is definitely nicely unique)

I don't say these things to start a flame war, they're just my personal opinions.
    Last edited by wobbanut; 26th February 2013 at 5:22 AM.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

This one is going to be starter related.
    29: Many people said Mudkip was better off with Ash rather then Brock in AG. I will agree with that, but unpopular opinion, I would have rather have seen Mudkip with May. No, that doesn't mean she'd lose Torchic, it means she'd have both Torchic and Mudkip on her AG Pokemon team. And it would evolve at the same time Brock's did in BF so May would have a Combusken and Marshtomp on her team and for her Wallace Cup Cameo she'd bust out a Swampert to go along with her Blaziken and Venusaur. Not really that unpopular but I'm sure most people would want it with Ash rather then his female sidekick bringing me to my next one.
    30: For XY, if we do get active goals again like with May and Dawn and the female is a active battler with her Pokemon, and we have to split the starters, if we don't get a fair AG one-a-piece starter on the main cast I wouldn't mind them trying to have the female lead juggle two starters instead of Ash. However she'd have to go the May route rather then Dawn's. And I'm not talking about repeat starters like Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Cyndaquil (All who evolved) I'm talking about home region starters. Ash has all his home regions starters, so I fail to see why a female of her home region can't have the same number of starters. Though I would limit it to two, not all three.
    31:The reason the male sidekick doe less then the female sidekick is because Ash represents the male of the region, even if he isn't from that region. It's why his clothes look based on whatever the male's clothes are for that region. So anyone who thinks the male sidekick will get more then the female sidekick, that's not likely to happen. They have one male doing everything already, the female is just to make the show look less sexist then it already is. Iris and Cilan are can be a exception to that depending on who you view as more important I guess. I don't really know. This may be unpopular or not depending on how you view it.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    Doesn't really help if the fourth character is merely a fourth wheel on a tricycle. A really squeaky, annoying fourth wheel at that.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Doesn't really help if the fourth character is merely a fourth wheel on a tricycle. A really squeaky, annoying fourth wheel at that.
    Aside from Ash and his female travel companion, the third or fourth character will always be a sidelined character.

The difference is in BW they managed to make Cilan more prominent than Iris.

Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast