Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Doesn't really help if the fourth character is merely a fourth wheel on a tricycle. A really squeaky, annoying fourth wheel at that.
    Well, having Brock there wouldn't have been all that fun, so he atleast the group didn't fell completely as dead as the Johto and DP groups.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Well, having Brock there wouldn't have been all that fun, so he atleast the group didn't fell completely as dead as the Johto and DP groups.
    What do you mean? Because Johto main cast was anything but dead having lot of fire, humor and vibrant interactions between characters. Whether it was Ash naivety and stubbornness, Misty sarcasm and spunk or Brock eccentric, irrational behavior being "voice of reason" giving out feeling of long time known friends which knew themselves very well producing witty and innate interactions.

In my opinion original trio even in Johto had more engaging and lively dynamic than any cast which came afterwards.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 27th February 2013 at 8:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    What do you mean? Because Johto main cast was anything but dead having lot of fire, humor and vibrant interactions between characters. Whether it was Ash naivety and stubbornness, Misty sarcasm and spunk or Brock eccentric, irrational behavior being "voice of reason" giving out feeling of long time known friends which knew themselves very well producing witty and innate interactions.

In my opinion original trio even in Johto had more engaging and lively dynamic than any cast which came afterwards.
    Thy (that's I right?) do not think that's an unpopular opinion :P

What is an unpopular opinion of mine is that Ash had the best friendship with Dawn. Though DP Group didn't flash out as much interactions as previous groups. Brock was just sidelined while Ash/Dawn had all the fun :P

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Doesn't really help if the fourth character is merely a fourth wheel on a tricycle. A really squeaky, annoying fourth wheel at that.
    Meh doesn't matter, I just liked having the whole idea of a fourth character. It made things interesting and less repetitive. I don't really care if they do next to nothing, as long as they're there to talk it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Thy (that's I right?) do not think that's an unpopular opinion :P
    Yeah that's unpopular, I'm certain most people don't think Johto trio is the best group. I personally find them to be next to the bottom of the barrel in terms of groups.

Charizard returning THIS season... BW just knows how to ruin a lot of good things. Poor Charizard got a down-graded moveset makeover :P
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Charizard returning THIS season... BW just knows how to ruin a lot of good things. Poor Charizard got a down-graded moveset makeover :P
    It is odd isn't it. First serperior, then krookodile, now charizard and eventually draginite. The writers must really despise giving good moves to evolved pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post

As composed for him already there in Kanto, it didn't feel all that different. All character traits started to die down. Ash started getting mature in battles, misty started to become nicer and Brock just started to due less and less. I didn't feel all this stufff you said back then. And I watched all of Johto's crap too.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    It is odd isn't it. First serperior, then krookodile, now charizard and eventually draginite. The writers must really despise giving good moves to evolved pokemon.
    I'll be the first to say I knew something would happen with Charizard, something not so good. But no, everyone was all like "IT'S CHARIZARD, ASH'S MOST OP AND GOD-LIKE POKEMON EVER!!!" Yeah..., glad everyone thought I was being too cynical.
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

After watching the sinnoh leage, i have to say that i actually *liked* the battle with tobias. not only was it interesting (not because legendaries but because he literally mopped the floor with ash's pokemon but yet have his darkrai beat ) but it was very tense indeed. i knew ash wasn't going to win but it was cool how he was the only one to defeat darkrai.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    After watching the sinnoh leage, i have to say that i actually *liked* the battle with tobias. not only was it interesting (not because legendaries but because he literally mopped the floor with ash's pokemon but yet have his darkrai beat ) but it was very tense indeed. i knew ash wasn't going to win but it was cool how he was the only one to defeat darkrai.
    I agree. I didn't mind this battle because the one with Paul took me over. I loved his other Sinnoh battles as well. They really stood out for me, so that's why I'm not sour about this league. Most of the battles in the Unova league sucked, so that's why I can't get over Ash's loss to Cameron.

My ideal battle ever!

I agree. I didn't mind this battle because the one with Paul took me over. I loved his other Sinnoh battles as well. They really stood out for me, so that's why I'm not sour about this league. Most of the battles in the Unova league sucked, so that's why I can't get over Ash's loss to Cameron.
    for me, when it comes to the sinnoh league, the battle with conway as a second favorite. i have to watch the one with kotetsu again but to be fair, he had stronger pokemon than ash did. but that's my opinion of course ^_^
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Yeah that's unpopular, I'm certain most people don't think Johto trio is the best group. I personally find them to be next to the bottom of the barrel in terms of groups.
    I guess it depends from place to place. On some sites i noticed comments how "Johto group was worst with fillers overshadowing their chemistry", while on some people claim how "original trio in Johto was most enjoyable cast right below Kanto".

It depends on personal definition of what someone considers interesting or boring i guess.

As composed for him already there in Kanto, it didn't feel all that different. All character traits started to die down. Ash started getting mature in battles, misty started to become nicer and Brock just started to due less and less. I didn't feel all this stufff you said back then. And I watched all of Johto's crap too.
    They didn't die down, but characters started to actually develop. When Ash matured in Hoenn i don't recall anyone saying how his personality died but changed reflecting all knowledge and experience he gained until that point. When May changed as character becoming less shy and insecure no one said how her personality disappeared but evolved growing as trainer and person.

Same applies to Ash, Misty and Brock in Johto with changes they went through being result of character development they went through as characters.

Ash was still naive but also more "smart"with other two keeping him in check. Misty showed plenty of personality traits interacting great with several characters being still stubborn and hotheaded,but also more serene and playful growing more attached to her friends which came to expression most when she had to leave them and go back to gym.

While Brock was keeping everything on hold from falling apart being source of wisdom and knowledge.

I remember several moments where you could feel how they were friends having fun together.Like when Misty encouraged Brock to do first step about girls,when she tend to tease Ash along with getting into clash sometimes when they competed over something, got lost, said something stupid etc. When Brock got sick with both companions having to manage without him showing close connection and concern about him etc.

Dynamic between Ash,Misty and Brock slightly changed but they still felt like lively family in Johto being enjoyable imo.
    Slapstick humor was replaced with more sarcasm and smart alec jokes being present along with naivety from some of them adding to comedy with their friendship actually growing getting over their introduction phase allowing to take their relationship on higher level. Since they already knew their weak and strong point gibing out impression of three strongly connected friends exploring new regions and pokemon.

What Ash traveling companions really needed was more focus and expansion on their stories in Johto,but as group they still felt close imo. Perhaps its not so apparent because of too many fillers which focused more on cotd rather than cast itself, but generally when they shined they usually came out as memorable and entertaining characters showing great deal of care when someone was in trouble with Misty and Ash still providing tension and comedy.

In more abundant and vivid manner than other casts imo. But i guess we all have different tastes on this.

I think I'm probably one of the only people to ever think some of these:
    -I don't want them to get rid of the anime and replace it with one like the black and white 2 short. I wouldn't mind them making one like that but I wouldn't like them to get rid of the original.
    -I don't mind the factor of Ash never ageing
    -Johto was my favourite series
    -I think the show has gotten a lot better since Unova started
    -Hoen and Sinnoh (I think most people will agree on sinnoh though) was my least favourite (Not including battle frontier)
    Too cool for a signature!

Quote Originally Posted by PiplupMan View Post
    I think I'm probably one of the only people to ever think some of these:
    -I don't want them to get rid of the anime and replace it with one like the black and white 2 short. I wouldn't mind them making one like that but I wouldn't like them to get rid of the original.
    -I don't mind the factor of Ash never ageing
    -Johto was my favourite series
    -I think the show has gotten a lot better since Unova started
    -Hoen and Sinnoh (I think most people will agree on sinnoh though) was my least favourite (Not including battle frontier)
    AND YOUR NAME IS PIPLUPMAN?!!!?!?! *faints* :P

- I find that Gym Battles during BW is probably the wrost. Not sure if that's an unpopular? But there's absolutely no good gym battles after Burgh's gym. There's no unpredictability in any of the gym battles. To be honest, none of the gym leaders have a lot of personality, nor background. They don't even appear before or after before the gym battle. It's usually 1 or 2episode bf the gym battle, then 1 episode the gym battle. They don't even appear after or before. Take Fantina for example. She appeared how many episodes? Or even Gardenia. She appeared AFTER her gym battle, getting Cacnea from James. I find that gym leaders in Bw are very bland, except maybe Skyla.

- Piplup is the cutest mascot ever in the Pokemon franchise ;3

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    AND YOUR NAME IS PIPLUPMAN?!!!?!?! *faints* :P

- I find that Gym Battles during BW is probably the wrost. Not sure if that's an unpopular? But there's absolutely no good gym battles after Burgh's gym. There's no unpredictability in any of the gym battles. To be honest, none of the gym leaders have a lot of personality, nor background. They don't even appear before or after before the gym battle. It's usually 1 or 2episode bf the gym battle, then 1 episode the gym battle. They don't even appear after or before. Take Fantina for example. She appeared how many episodes? Or even Gardenia. She appeared AFTER her gym battle, getting Cacnea from James. I find that gym leaders in Bw are very bland, except maybe Skyla.

- Piplup is the cutest mascot ever in the Pokemon franchise ;3
    - Chili & Cress appeared in BW059, 44 episodes AFTER their gym battle
    - Lenora had a rematch battle
    - Burgh appeared in BW018, a second time in BW022 and had the battle in BW025 (or BW023 if you don´t count the banned episodes)
    - Clay appeared in BW060 and had his battle until BW062

Unpopular opinions:
    - Sinnoh Gym Battles were a snorefest
    - Sinnoh Gym Leaders were so boring (Volkner)/annoying (Fantina)/creepy (Gardenia and her Grass-type fetish)
    - Lucario vs. Buizel is so overrated and was a pity badge, in the games: Draw = No badge
    - I would prefered Ursula as a main rival over Zoey
    - I liked the Thunder Armor thing, it shows how epic Swellow is

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    - Chili & Cress appeared in BW059, 44 episodes AFTER their gym battle
    - Lenora had a rematch battle
    - Burgh appeared in BW018, a second time in BW022 and had the battle in BW025 (or BW023 if you don´t count the banned episodes)
    - Clay appeared in BW060 and had his battle until BW062

Unpopular opinions:
    - Sinnoh Gym Battles were a snorefest
    - Sinnoh Gym Leaders were so boring (Volkner)/annoying (Fantina)/creepy (Gardenia and her Grass-type fetish)
    - Lucario vs. Buizel is so overrated and was a pity badge, in the games: Draw = No badge
    - I would prefered Ursula as a main rival over Zoey
    - I liked the Thunder Armor thing, it shows how epic Swellow is
    I forgot about Chili. But Cress barely did anything useful except talk to Cilan about Chili's 'problem'.
    Rebattle matches are common in the anime. Discount that.
    Clay didn't do anything useful during his non-gym appearances, though. BW057 had Clay criticising Ash and turning down his battle request. The legendary two-parter (BW059~060) didn't even involve Clay much. He only appeared in BW059 and he turned down Ash's battle request AGAIN. He didn't even appear in BW060. His last appearance was BW061, his gym match. His appearances previous to the gym are as good as cameos.
    I'll give you Burgh, I missed that, but good catch.

Also, on your stans on Buizel vs Lucario. Half of Kanto badges are pity badges, so yeah.

ASB Squad

Speaking of pity badges, I like them, nice to see him get his badges via less conventional methods.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Speaking of pity badges, I like them, nice to see him get his badges via less conventional methods.
    I share that opinion. It's really boring to see him win using typical methods. That's one thing I really liked about the Kanto and Sinnoh Sagas.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I despised Ash's hoenn team with the exception of glalie.

I despised Ash's hoenn team with the exception of glalie.
    That's pretty uncommon, most people only dislike Torkoal

My worst would be...hmm...no one. I like his whole team in Hoenn.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I'm going to talk about when each character got flanderized:

- Ash = mainly during Sinnoh. He was at his strongest battle wise, but personality wise he was wooden

- Misty = Johto, this has been covered 1000 times by now and everyone knows what I would say anyway, so just imagine in your mind any one of my past posts and it'll do for here.

- Brock = Sinnoh. Shockingly enough, Brock was still entertaining in AG, even if he didn't do much.

- Team Rocket = Either DP or Best Wishes, or possibly both. Again, I don't think they were that bad during AG, they still had some funny moments.

- Max = Battle Frontier. In Hoenn it actually felt like the writers cared about Max and gave him episodes and a movie. Once Battle Frontier rolled along they gave up on him.

Dawn, Iris and Cilan roughly stayed the same their entire run, so I can't even say they got flanderized because their personalities never changed from their debuts. May is also the only one TO actually change and not regress. Tracey is...Tracey.
    My other unpopular opinion is that I agree with everything CyberCubed has said on this one. I still enjoyed Misty, though. TRio occasionally. The rest of them...it's just annoying.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Actually I don't like him much either. But he was better than the overrated gimmicky messes that comprised of his other team members.

Actually I don't like him much either. But he was better than the overrated gimmicky messes that comprised of his other team members.
    How were they more gimmicky than any of his other teams? Sounds like very bizarre pettyness to me.

It's understandable. I mean, his Hoenn team didn't really stick out too much to me besides Sceptile, Corphish, and Glalie.

And that little yellow rat...

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    How were they more gimmicky than any of his other teams? Sounds like very bizarre pettyness to me.
    I don't get it myself, but I guess I can see where he's coming from. *shrugs*

Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast