Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 1371

Thread: Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

  1. #301
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    How were they more gimmicky than any of his other teams? Sounds like very bizarre pettyness to me.
    It's an unpopular opinion, deal with it.

    Cough thunderarmorcough

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    It's an unpopular opinion, deal with it.

    Cough thunderarmorcough
    Another unpopular opinion I have is that I don't hate the Thunder Armor stuff. It was so stupid that it ended up hilarious.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    It's an unpopular opinion, deal with it.

    Cough thunderarmorcough
    One incident does not affect the rest of the Pokemon's run.

    That also doesn't explain what's gimmicky about the rest of them when all of Ash's Pokemon have certain quirks.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    One incident does not affect the rest of the Pokemon's run.

    That also doesn't explain what's gimmicky about the rest of them when all of Ash's Pokemon have certain quirks.
    It also survived about a dozen rock type rollouts in a row. Then we have the cheap battle that was vs tucker.

    Things like having a super powered blaze, or disobidience, or liking sunglasses too much isn't something of that caliber.

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    It also survived about a dozen rock type rollouts in a row. Then we have the cheap battle that was vs tucker.

    Things like having a super powered blaze, or disobidience, or liking sunglasses too much isn't something of that caliber.
    They were making up for the fact that Pidgeot got released and Noctowl hardly battled. Swellow was the first actual bird that did anything.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    They were making up for the fact that Pidgeot got released and Noctowl hardly battled. Swellow was the first actual bird that did anything.
    You can call it overcompensating, but it still happened.

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    You can call it overcompensating, but it still happened.
    That's because the Taillow and Swellow species are gutsy and never give up in the anime. Remember when Taillow debuted, Ash scanned it, and it wouldn't stop battling Pikachu no matter how hard it was getting beat? That was consistent outside the loss VS Latios which was bullcrap.




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    That's because the Taillow and Swellow species are gutsy and never give up in the anime. Remember when Taillow debuted, Ash scanned it, and it wouldn't stop battling Pikachu no matter how hard it was getting beat? That was consistent outside the loss VS Latios which was bullcrap.
    The latios thing was perfectly legit.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    I agree with pokemon˛, Swellow was just a living DEM. They couldn't showcase its resistance to electricity IN THE THIRD GYM?

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    The latios thing was perfectly legit.
    In one hit? No. An awesome aerial battle would have been more consistent with Swellow's power.

    As for DEM...no. How is it DEM when Swellow ALWAYS did it?




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    In one hit? No. An awesome aerial battle would have been more consistent with Swellow's power.

    As for DEM...no. How is it DEM when Swellow ALWAYS did it?
    If torkoal WHO WAS A TURTLE BUILT FOR DEFENSE got OHKOd, no way in hell a bird would survive any more.

    Thunder armor was a BS mechanic pulled out of nowhere for instant win.

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    There were other ways to make him beat T&L (like maybe Pikachu learning Brick Break), but no, they took a cheap route and used "Thunder Plot Armor"

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Torkoal's loses were due to either Ash misusing Overheat or Ash keeping it in against Golduck and Hariyama

    As for Swellow, it could have easily have done the same thing as Thunder Armor if Pikachu used Thunder on it and it got Paralyzed. Guts ability. That is the only DEM Swellow has done only because of the way the attack was performed




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Torkoal's loses were due to either Ash misusing Overheat or Ash keeping it in against Golduck and Hariyama

    As for Swellow, it could have easily have done the same thing as Thunder Armor if Pikachu used Thunder on it and it got Paralyzed. Guts ability. That is the only DEM Swellow has done only because of the way the attack was performed
    Uh paralysis kills a pokemon's speed, not make it faster.

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Uh paralysis kills a pokemon's speed, not make it faster.
    Uh Swellow has Guts like Paul's Ursaring...look what happened when that got paralyzed. Ursaring was soooo slow




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  16. #316
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Uh Swellow has Guts like Paul's Ursaring...look what happened when that got paralyzed. Ursaring was soooo slow
    My point was guts would not have worked in that scenario.

  17. #317
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    My point was guts would not have worked in that scenario.
    And it wouldn't have worked in your opinion because?




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  18. #318
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    And it wouldn't have worked in your opinion because?
    Thunder armor made it faster.

    I thought the worst travesty of johto was Heracross being oaked early. That and charicific valley.

  19. #319
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Thunder armor made it faster.
    True, it could have used a Guts boosted Quick Attack though. Screens don't last forever either. Ash also had Tate and Liza surprised, so they would react slower




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  20. #320
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    True, it could have used a Guts boosted Quick Attack though. Screens don't last forever either. Ash also had Tate and Liza surprised, so they would react slower
    Now you are going into what if mode. It was clear as day guts made it faster.

    To stay on topic I introduce another unpopular opinion.

    Oshawott should never have been on the show past the juniper ep. Ash should have caught an overactive frillish or something.

  21. #321
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Torkoal's loses were due to either Ash misusing Overheat or Ash keeping it in against Golduck and Hariyama

    As for Swellow, it could have easily have done the same thing as Thunder Armor if Pikachu used Thunder on it and it got Paralyzed. Guts ability. That is the only DEM Swellow has done only because of the way the attack was performed
    This is the pretty big double standard that I notice this fandom has... if a Pokemon loses it's because of Ash (ex. Charizard vs Dusclops) but when they win it's not because of Ash at all (thus making Charizard a god by that standard). This isn't directed at you

    Swellow's ability was never truly established, but considering that it only could have one, it probably indeed had Guts. Regardless, Thunder did not paralyze Swellow... paralysis was always marked with sparks emitting from the Pokemon, Swellow was colored gold :P
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 2nd March 2013 at 5:09 AM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  22. #322
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Now you are going into what if mode. It was clear as day guts made it faster.

    To stay on topic I introduce another unpopular opinion.

    Oshawott should never have been on the show past the juniper ep. Ash should have caught an overactive frillish or something.
    I've been saying what if...my point was they could have changed it to Swellow having Guts activated, it goes crazy and it and Pikachu KO Solrock and Lunatone and get the win. Thunder Armor increased their attack power too.

    I should contribute something too :P

    I think that the TRio getting a promotion was the best way for their story to advance, since their dream was to make
    Giovanni happy. Them getting a promotion for "taking down" TA, TM, and TG made perfect sense.

    I wish it turned out better though. At first it seemed Giovanni was using TRio to draw out TP...but I don't really get the point now unless something new happens. I guess what I'm saying is I wish their schemes were more connected to an ultimate goal...besides being possessed by a mirror

    Also, TRio could have their character as well as do what they did in BW. Just not in front of the bosses

    Edit
    (Joltik's quote)
    I wasn't saying Thunder Armor activated Guts, it's that they could have written it differently using Guts instead of TA

    As for Torkoal...those were the cases. He used Overheat too soon against Tropius and that's why Solarbeam matched it(It was even stated about Overheat losing power) and he could have switched it out because of the bad matchup
    Last edited by TheFonz; 2nd March 2013 at 5:11 AM.




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  23. #323
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cali...forn...I...A
    Posts
    537

    Default

    ash is not a good trainer, how on earth do you have a pikachu for about 5 or 6 years and he still loses to other pokemons? should he not be over level 100 by now impossible yes but still lol



    *Credit to SwornMetalhead at deaderic design for the aura banner, credit to astral shadow at the under for the buttons*

  24. #324
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kamoarc119 View Post
    ash is not a good trainer, how on earth do you have a pikachu for about 5 or 6 years and he still loses to other pokemons? should he not be over level 100 by now impossible yes but still lol
    That would be a popular opinion

    I liked ash's new eye color.

  25. #325
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    That would be a popular opinion

    I liked ash's new eye color.
    Yep. Mega popular on Youtube.

    I like Ash's eyes too. It was surpising at first, but it makes sense. There's been a bunch of close ups showing his eye color




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •