Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Squirtle was the best of Ash's Kanto starters, shame the writers gave it the least screentime.
    And the least amount of importance... couldn't even win the single gym where it could shine the most at (you could argue Giovanni's gym, but the only Ground type TR used was Rhydon, which battles Pidgeotto) And it's only league win was cut to just it winning (same fate to befall Scraggy). Then OI and Johto attempted to correct the mistakes, but it just felt like Squirtle got rushed into development
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

The problem with Squirtle is, it didn't get much wins. It seems like he was always the fall guy, against opponents like Butterfree, Ninetales, Machamp, granted these were strong Pokemon, it's just Squirtles moments were few. Thankfully the Orange Islands got Squirtle some time to shine. I still love how it beat the break dancing, thunderbolting Starmie.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    And the least amount of importance... couldn't even win the single gym where it could shine the most at (you could argue Giovanni's gym, but the only Ground type TR used was Rhydon, which battles Pidgeotto) And it's only league win was cut to just it winning (same fate to befall Scraggy). Then OI and Johto attempted to correct the mistakes, but it just felt like Squirtle got rushed into development
    It was used in 3 out of the 4 Orange Island Gyms and had wins in the Indigo league and Orange league...let alone beat a Machamp in the first movie.

But you're right, Squirtle got stronger when it came back for Johto.

It was used in 3 out of the 4 Orange Island Gyms and had wins in the Indigo league and Orange league...let alone beat a Machamp in the first movie.

But you're right, Squirtle got stronger when it came back for Johto.
    Just saying the wins felt rushed (not so much the movies) because Squirtle was never shown to be that powerful during it's Indigo run. To be fair though, the first two gym of the OI really didn't mean much since neither were battle related. The third gym though was okay, but again, felt off because it couldn't even beat a Ninetales. Squirtle got pretty fast development is all I'm saying
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Squirtle was the best of Ash's Kanto starters, shame the writers gave it the least screentime.
    You misspelled Charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    You misspelled Charizard.
    Even as a kid Squirtle was my favorite. You have to root for the underdog. I also thought its actual personality was funnier than Bulbasaur.

Oh well, much better than the Johto starters which couldn't live up to the high standards people had for the previous set. I consider Ash's Johto team to be his worst team not only battle wise, but also personality wise. Cyndaquil couldn't live up to Charizard, Corphish was Totodile done right, and while Chikorita was cute, it wasn't anything special.

Charizard was the pokemon equivalent of an egyptian god card or super saiyan

I don't think torterra was weak. Thats pretty unpopular I think.

You misspelled Mewtwo.

... I'm sorry, I had to.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Honestly, I agree. I really liked Ash's Squirtle. I like how his Bulbasaur had this really sarcastic nature but was still really kind.

Charizard was cute as a Charmander, but then everyone kept overhyping him over and over again. :/

I was one of the original fans of Ash's Charmander myself, and liked it as a Charizard since the "Charizard Chills!" episode, but a lot of fans just blow it way out of proportion.

I don't think torterra was weak. Thats pretty unpopular I think.
    Ash's Torterra was fine to me. I blame the writers for his losses. XD.

I don't hold Ash's Charizard in nearly that high level of esteem anymore myself. It's definitely a cool Pokemon, but really overrated by many (not you, but some say it can beat Lugia, Kyogre, and anything legendary).

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    You misspelled Mewtwo.

... I'm sorry, I had to.
    Yup, it had to be said. Mewtwo really deserves some props, IMO.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 5th March 2013 at 5:05 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I made an error.Charizard is the blue eyes white dragon of pokemon.

I made an error.Charizard is the blue eyes white dragon of pokemon.
    I'll say he's the Dragon Master Knight of Pokemon, to be fair to it.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    I'll say he's the Dragon Master Knight of Pokemon, to be fair to it.
    I'd say he's more the Thousand Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    I don't see Iris as a Mary-Sue.
    People think Iris is a Mary-Sue? O_O

She was definitely really an obnoxious *** of a character and full of herself at the start of BW, but now she's a lot more mellow now yet still with a hint of cynicism that makes her entertaining to me.

If I had to pick anyone who bugs me on the show right now, it's probably Ash or TRio. Ash because he's so stupid now and his antics of losing the league along with the "happy-go-lucky" poster-boy they've made him make him devoid of any believable character underneath there, and TRio because the writers keep changing them up and can't decide what direction to take with them.

I don't know what would really help rescue the four from the stale, annoying characters they are now. We know their antics, what they'll do, and how they'll do it all too well by now. We know Ash will lose x league, go to Pallet Town, drop all Pokemon he has except Pikachu at Oak's lab, enter y League and meet Z rival. Then, he'll proceed to make AB friend and AC friend, and the milking and "the journey continues." XD.

The writers showed some creativity by trying to take TRio in a newer, serious direction, but that didn't pan out too well because they never struck the right balance between maintain personality and supposed competency.

Now TRio's gradually reverting back to their usual selves, but they don't feel funny right now to me, either. It's sad how the older chars just seem to be lingering around like a bad odor solely because the writers refuse to let them advance any further without sacrificing personality traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I'd say he's more the Thousand Dragon
    I myself think he's stronger than that monster.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 5th March 2013 at 5:31 PM.

Dark Magician then.

I think Charizard should and have a right to claim a win vs Reshiram.

Togekiss is one of my favourite DP pokemon and I love Salvia. I thought that Dawn should have catch Togekiss earlier and Salvia should be a recurring character from mid-late DP. With this, we can see more appeareances oif thius fantastic opinion , Dawn should have kept Ambipom, at least with Rowan anda appear in the Grand Festival and Jessie's last ribbon should be won by herself.

I think that Bianca is more important for character interactions than for level of skill. At first, I thought that see will made through more rounds but I didn't mind losing against Cameron if not because Cameron vs Ash is the worst Ash's battle since Tate&Liza way back in 2004. It's my favourite rival tied with Stephan and just above Georgia.

I think that the Unova League saga should have lasted 144 episodes and nnot have a filler arc.

I think that Cilan should have caught an Eevee. It's the perfect pokemon to Cilan because now Cilan will have a B2W2 pokemon to promote because Pansage don't promote B2W2.

I think that Ash should have met Dawn with only 6 badges and Ash should have faced Drayden (popular) and Marlon.

I think that Cilan is now more stale than Team Rocket. And way more than Ash at this point. One thing is being stale for people who watch the series soince 1998/99 and another thing is being stale in the spam of one year.

I thought that BW restriction of older pokemon should have lasted around 1 year like the TCG did.

I think that Dawn shouldn't leave the main cast and Piplup should appear as a "exception" like Pikachu is in BW1. And I think that Contest in the anime should continue although there aren't in the games.

Because the former would be really difficult, I put another: Ash should have travelled with 1) Hilda, 2) Bianca, 3) Skyla or 4) an original anime character. I'm almost sure that if Iris isn't in the main cast we would see Iris as a Champion like in B2W2.

Ash should have captured only 8 pokemon. And Ash should have captured only 2 starters.

The BW series, at the middle, was very predictable And to add it, we know all the spoilers in it.

I myself think he's stronger than that monster.
    Nah, it fits Charizard perfectly

Dark Magician then.
    Sorry, that's Pikachu

I think Charizard should and have a right to claim a win vs Reshiram.
    And I think your over estimating Charizard

People think Iris is a Mary-Sue? O_O

She was definitely really an obnoxious *** of a character and full of herself at the start of BW, but now she's a lot more mellow now yet still with a hint of cynicism that makes her entertaining to me.
    Really? Yeah, I'd say *most* people on Bulbagarden think she's a Mary-Sue. This isn't really new. ._.

A popular opinion I have regards the Johto starter. I liked them quite a lot, my favorite was always Chikorita due to her stand-out personality and interactions. She was the first feminine female Pokemon on the cast and more of a little girl compared to Snivy and Emolga who remind me of teenagers. She got some nice development with learning to be more careful around Ash and less catty at times. I thought most of her battles were fun, especially when she utilized Sweet Scent to beat Spinarak or used Vine Whip to mussel Houndoom, or when she beat Chuck all on her own. I wish she had gotten more battles but overall she was a very entertaining Pokemon with a tough side and was no pushover, she managed to fight through Bulbasaur and caused Charizard to crash into a mountain and still had some fight left in her. I felt like she really deserved her evolution, Cyndaquil was epic too. Training to beat Skarmory and beating Jasmine's Steelix were some of my favorite episodes, he was also a Pokemon with a personal flaw in his inability to ignite his flame that caused him to struggle against some opponents before it finally got mastered. Unlike Charizard, Cyndaquil is a good swimmer and was able to battle underwater despite being a Fire-type which I thought was cool. He managed to beat Pryce's Dewgong too. I just thought Totodile had an entertaining personality in-general, more battle would have helped though. Noctowl is the most stand-out bird too due to its Psychic traits, they weren't utilized as much but it's one of the few birds to star in a gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Really? Yeah, I'd say *most* people on Bulbagarden think she's a Mary-Sue. This isn't really new. ._.
    A badly written character maybe but not that kind of bad character.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    IMO, half the people in Bulbagarden are mindless drones who literally control the Pokemon fandom's opinions on matters (regardless of whether or not we actually agree with them), love Sinnoh to death and would probably sleep with it if they had the chance, think the JPN version of the show is god and must be strictly adhered to at all costs or the dub will suck with 0.01 percent changes, BW is a tragedy because everything isn't mad boring and Ash isn't a dull genius battler, Johto sucked even though they have a double standard, and Sinnoh has just as many pointless fillers that are definitely just as (if not more), boring. Literally forcing people to like all the current dub voices and seasons, and deem fans of the older stuff mindless, time and again using the same pathetic "nostalgia card" for everything, or force the community to "get over it" and accept whatever Pokemon puts out without a second thought to the contrary.

So yeah, I wouldn't let them be the end-all-be-all of the Pokemon Community. Many of their leaders have fairly elitist views and refuse to acknowledge that people may not like everything Pokemon did (in DP in particular, as they're very defensive and rigid about it). -_-

Thankfully Hidden Mew and Garrison-San are great and don't expect everyone to enjoy every last thing the anime team, dubbers, and creators of the anime have done over the years. So BulbaGarden is really a lot better now than back in 04-12 since Dogasu picked them to help out over there.

I have to be honest and say BW1 literally rescued the show from DP for me (BW2 was the worst of it, though, but then BW2: N got me back into it). That's probably the biggest unpopular opinion on this entire forum.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    A badly written character maybe but not that kind of bad character.
    Yeah. The worst I could say about Iris is that she's too similar to Misty in a lot of ways, making her predictable. XD.

Now Zoey/Nozomi, that character was definitely a Mary Sue. Boring, dull, and weird. She had some really weird fetish for her Glameow, too.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 6th March 2013 at 12:44 AM.

I personally don't think she's a mary sue and sometimes I feel there's some people who say that and don't know what a mary sue is. the term has been abused to much.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    I personally don't think she's a mary sue and sometimes I feel there's some people who say that and don't know what a mary sue is. the term has been abused to much.
    Zoey or Iris?

I plain don't like Zoey, and I hated Iris in early BW1. I like Iris now, but I still don't like Zoey. XD.

Zoey or Iris?

I plain don't like Zoey, and I hated Iris in early BW1. I like Iris now, but I still don't like Zoey. XD.
    Was talking about Iris lol though I have to say that the reason why I think many people are vocal about her on BMGF is because they can say they don't like her and no one attacks them. (same with the Team Rocket Radio show. We can like it)

I've only seen Nozomi in one episode and that was the grand festival, so I can't really judge.
    岩根雅明=♡

I think the reason Chikorita/Bayleef was the most popular Johto starter is because it didn't directly replace Bulbasaur. The two co-existed for a long time on the same team.

I mean going from Ash's Charizard which was insanely popular at the time down to a little tiny Cyndaquil that couldn't get its flame lit....was a big letdown at the time. I know Cyndaquil got more interesting as Johto progressed but at the start I was like, "Why get rid of Charizard for some pipsqueak Johto starter?"

I'm also one of those people who found Totodile's dancing a bit dull, I would have rathered Misty just get Totodile and Ash keep Squirtle a little longer. The mere fact that Misty never got Totodile means she's the only one of the original 3 girls who never had a starter pokemon.

I think the reason Chikorita/Bayleef was the most popular Johto starter is because it didn't directly replace Bulbasaur. The two co-existed for a long time on the same team.

I mean going from Ash's Charizard which was insanely popular at the time down to a little tiny Cyndaquil that couldn't get its flame lit....was a big letdown at the time. I know Cyndaquil got more interesting as Johto progressed but at the start I was like, "Why get rid of Charizard for some pipsqueak Johto starter?"

I'm also one of those people who found Totodile's dancing a bit dull, I would have rathered Misty just get Totodile and Ash keep Squirtle a little longer. The mere fact that Misty never got Totodile means she's the only one of the original 3 girls who never had a starter pokemon.
    I never really got the appeal of Totodile's dancing myself. At first it was funny but re-using it over and over again, it got boring quickly.

I never get bored of Bayleef's obsession with Ash, though. XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Was talking about Iris lol though I have to say that the reason why I think many people are vocal about her on BMGF is because they can say they don't like her and no one attacks them. (same with the Team Rocket Radio show. We can like it)

I've only seen Nozomi in one episode and that was the grand festival, so I can't really judge.
    True. Honestly a lot of my dislike for DP Saga lies in the character chemistry and characters introduced. They all seemed really dull and flat to me. No amount of epic battles can make up for that salient aspect of the show. It makes the show really boring for some reason (to be fair, mid-Johto was pretty awful in this aspect too).
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 6th March 2013 at 12:58 AM.

Honestly I think Totodile was one of my least favorite pokemon of Ash's ever. The fact that it seemed to never be good in battling didn't help matters, it was only ever in 1 Gym battle where it lost.

Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast