Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    IMO, half the people in Bulbagarden are mindless drones who literally control the Pokemon fandom's opinions on matters (regardless of whether or not we actually agree with them), love Sinnoh to death and would probably sleep with it if they had the chance, think the JPN version of the show is god and must be strictly adhered to at all costs or the dub will suck with 0.01 percent changes, BW is a tragedy because everything isn't mad boring and Ash isn't a dull genius battler, Johto sucked even though they have a double standard, and Sinnoh has just as many pointless fillers that are definitely just as (if not more), boring. Literally forcing people to like all the current dub voices and seasons, and deem fans of the older stuff mindless, time and again using the same pathetic "nostalgia card" for everything, or force the community to "get over it" and accept whatever Pokemon puts out without a second thought to the contrary.
    I don't hate Bulbagarden at all but yeah, I've seen those kinds of fans sadly. But I take the good with the bad and as their Unpopular Opinions thread show, they're a bit more diverse in opinions.
    Last edited by matt0044; 6th March 2013 at 1:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Although I don't like the overzealousness as you described, I can sorta see what they get at with certain points.
    Bulbagarden isn't a bad forum, although sometimes there is a "hive mentality" people can have toward certain subjects.

Back when DP was airing for example there was a lot of Zoey dislike over there, and then when we were in early BW it was about Iris.

True. Honestly a lot of my dislike for DP Saga lies in the character chemistry and characters introduced. They all seemed really dull and flat to me. No amount of epic battles can make up for that salient aspect of the show. It makes the show really boring for some reason (to be fair, mid-Johto was pretty awful in this aspect too).
    Hell, I like Paul because unlike a lot of other characters, he wasn't a totally goody-two-shoes. Hell, if he replaced Brock as the second male lead (fat chance but still...), he would've spice up the chemistry a bit. If it could work with the right writing...

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Bulbagarden isn't a bad forum, although sometimes there is a "hive mentality" people can have toward certain subjects.

Back when DP was airing for example there was a lot of Zoey dislike over there, and then when we were in early BW it was about Iris.
    So I heard Bulbagarden is now called Cybercubed.com , nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    So I heard Bulbagarden is now called Cybercubed.com , nice.
    The Fighting Misty, actually.

They mostly get hate from TR fans and I'll leave it at that.

I guess an unpopular opinion could be is that I thought the magma vs aqua arc was a damn good team vs team arc and I hope the tp/tr one can beat it.
    岩根雅明=♡

The Fighting Misty, actually.
    Better watch out when mentioning that name a wall of text migth appear to talk about how good Kasumi is at swimming and how that would help the show and she should come back.

I am aware of mods apparently trolling the troll there though.

---

My unpopular opinion:

-Everything in the anime should evolve

P.S. Blatantly adds something to the post so the off-topic can stay.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 6th March 2013 at 1:56 AM.

I don't hate Bulbagarden at all but yeah, I've seen those kinds of fans sadly. But I take the good with the bad and as their Unpopular Opinions thread show, they're a bit more diverse in opinions.
    Yeah, ditto. I mean there are awesome people like you, Cyber, MarioLuigiFan, Power of Pika who can understand differing opinions. It's the other half over there that's always averse to opinions that aren't shared with them. Honestly that half of the community over there just bugs me for some reason.

Hell, I like Paul because unlike a lot of other characters, he wasn't a totally goody-two-shoes. Hell, if he replaced Brock as the second male lead (fat chance but still...), he would've spice up the chemistry a bit. If it could work with the right writing...
    Paul was epic, and honestly one of my favorite things about the Sinnoh arc. The contrast between Ash and himself was done exceptionally well and it all came to a head in the Sinnoh League, where even I had to smirk seeing the outcome of the battle.

Honestly I may not really like DP, but I'm going to have to say Ash v. Paul rivalry and the League were pretty amazing.

Yup, it's the "hive mentality" that I'm getting at. lol.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 6th March 2013 at 2:11 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

My unpopular opinion:

-Everything in the anime should evolve
    Is that truly unpopular though? I guess there are folks who feel certain Pokemon shouldn't evolve
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

IMO, half the people in Bulbagarden are mindless drones who literally control the Pokemon fandom's opinions on matters (regardless of whether or not we actually agree with them), love Sinnoh to death and would probably sleep with it if they had the chance, think the JPN version of the show is god and must be strictly adhered to at all costs or the dub will suck with 0.01 percent changes, BW is a tragedy because everything isn't mad boring and Ash isn't a dull genius battler, Johto sucked even though they have a double standard, and Sinnoh has just as many pointless fillers that are definitely just as (if not more), boring. Literally forcing people to like all the current dub voices and seasons, and deem fans of the older stuff mindless, time and again using the same pathetic "nostalgia card" for everything, or force the community to "get over it" and accept whatever Pokemon puts out without a second thought to the contrary.
    How can I sig this?, it was brilliant

Anyway, another unpopular opinion:
    - Fandom terms are annoying, but I think the most stupid and annoying term is "bad writing", which people tends to use to whine about a thing that didn´t happened exactly like they wanted but trying to look smart (-_-).

Yeah, ditto. I mean there are awesome people like you, Cyber, MarioLuigiFan, Power of Pika who can understand differing opinions. It's the other half over there that's always averse to opinions that aren't shared with them. Honestly that half of the community over there just bugs me for some reason.
    Yeah but practically every community has this issue be it better or worse than the other. It's pretty much universal.

And I did like Dawn as her own character for whatever she was worth and Piplup wasn't bad either (the two were had a bit of a mother/son bond. Or sister/brother, whatever).
    Last edited by matt0044; 6th March 2013 at 2:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post

- Fandom terms are annoying, but I think the most stupid and annoying term is "bad writing", which people tends to use to whine about a thing that didn´t happened exactly like they wanted but trying to look smart (-_-).
    i agree with you
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Is that truly unpopular though? I guess there are folks who feel certain Pokemon shouldn't evolve
    All pokemon evolving is unpopular, most people think somehow Satoshi should have small pokemon to balance that, like back in the star of the region when a lot of people didn't want Snivy to evolve because they though Oshawott and Tepig would.

-An unpopular opinion I have about Dragonite. The only thing wrong with that capture was the fact it happened right before a tournament, Iris got a Dragonite that was disobedient and has, so far, lost twice where it counted heavily.(Junior Cup Semis & Drayden) Literally the only thing wrong with Iris getting a Dragonite to me is the timing and the fact it adds some power to her team, at least she bonded with it though and was given a problem that needed overcoming when it came to getting it, which definitely made the capture less cringe-worthy. Plus I think we can all agree that he's got a very entertaining personality and most of his appeal comes from his badass aura. Manages to entertain me more than almost every other Pokemon on the main cast and at least gave her another Dragon to use and helped give both of them some character development.

-I kinda wish Crustle never evolved because I vastly preferred meek-guy-standing-up-to-a-bull personality, after evolving that stopped completely unfortunately.

-I think Stunfisk is boring, I just can't get into the derpness of it. I preferred Lotad & Gible's brand of derp.

-The only members of Dawn's team I liked heavily were Mamoswine and Togekiss, the rush felt more just like marketing tools than anything. Mamoswine and Togekiss were quick-evolution/capture tools for Platinum and HGSS, true, but they were vastly more entertaining. Unfortunately Mamoswine didn't battle much or get as many wins as it should have and only really starred in double battles and Togekiss's late capture prevented her from getting as much screen time as she could over or battling much at all under Dawn's care. Pachirisu, Buneary, Piplup, and Cyndaquil pretty much all stagnated their whole runs and Pachirisu hardly used Super Fang when it learned it.

-Max was a very good traveling companion, although most people seem to find him annoying I really like his snarky comments at May and overall dynamic he brought to the group. The Ralts episode continues to be a very emotional episode for me and I always enjoyed the "team-up" episodes where he would work with or have comedy moments with other Pokemon like Munchlax, Corphish, Shuppet, etc. He was such an entertaining character for me and I always find OCs entertaining to an extent. The Jirachi Movie continues to be a very fun movie for me because of him mainly and he got some nice subtle development with gaining more respect for Ash and becoming a little bit more mature at the end of the whole AG series. I honestly feel he worked really well with May and the others. Plus I loved how he copied Misty's ear-pulling gag. :P

-Brock, not that bad. His episodes were a dime-a-dozen but he broke the flow of the usual bland filler DP episodes with his own at times and added some excellent influence to Ash and Paul's rivalry, played a part in Forest becoming the Pewter Leader,(This kid almost KOed a Latias) and how he knew Solidad as an old friend. His Croagunk and Happiny's personalities and quirks were very enjoyable and I really liked his Ludicolo too, I still think he was most entertaining during AG where he had someone to bounce off in the form of Max while May and Ash played first fiddle. Plus you gotta admit, he's no slack-off or weakling. Croagunk sent Torterra's face into the dirt with a Brick Break and was agile enough to evade Staravia and take on Saturn's Croagunk, plus Marshtomp and Brock managed to beat May at her own game the whole Contest. I like how he keeps pictures of his past traveling companions in his room.

Yeah, ditto. I mean there are awesome people like you, Cyber, MarioLuigiFan, Power of Pika who can understand differing opinions. It's the other half over there that's always averse to opinions that aren't shared with them. Honestly that half of the community over there just bugs me for some reason

Yup, it's the "hive mentality" that I'm getting at. lol.
    I'm not sure if you know this or not, but Bulbagarden is where the whole "SOVA campaign" actually started. If you dig through the thread archives dating back to 2006 when the Mastermind special first aired, that's what originally spawned SOVA over there. Of course all the founding members of it from 2006 pretty much gave up and left the fandom so they're not around anymore though. But Bulbagarden was where the "save our voice actors" thing actually started.

All pokemon evolving is unpopular, most people think somehow Satoshi should have small pokemon to balance that, like back in the star of the region when a lot of people didn't want Snivy to evolve because they though Oshawott and Tepig would.
    Didn't you support that for a time though... or did you want Snivy to evolve at least once? I know many people here are pretty adamant about that they hope Bulbasaur never evolves and then you also have Ciccone and Oshawott XD
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Didn't you support that for a time though... or did you want Snivy to evolve at least once? I know many people here are pretty adamant about that they hope Bulbasaur never evolves and then you also have Ciccone and Oshawott XD
    I always wanted every pokemon to evolve, speculating that Tepig and Oshawott back then had more of a chance is diferent, my dislike for Samurott and Serperior being their last evolutions also doesn't stop me from wanting them to evolve, Bulbasaur is diferent from Pikachu or Piplup, Bulbasaur didn't feel ready to evolve(plus that episode was pretty dumb looking back) I said back when we saw his "girlfriend" evolve he could change ideas, as if I take Ciccione seriously like all of you guys.

Sorry, that's Pikachu
    And I think your over estimating Charizard
    Okay then Dark paladin >.>

We need BW to break the rule of 680 BSTs being invincible. Thats pretty unpopular. Also I don't think mewtwo is the most awesome thing ever anymore. Maybe back when only gen 1 was out he could be called the strongest.

- I miss the sad episodes. A lot. In the first season, it was so emotional. I'd like to see something like one of Ash's pokemon get hurts badly in a battle, and for a lot of episode, we see him training to be able to fight again (what he do in the league to help Ash win against a rival, but with a lot of difficulty). With a lot of emotional episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    An unpopular opinion I have about Dragonite. The only thing wrong with that capture was the fact it happened right before a tournament, Iris got a Dragonite that was disobedient and has, so far, lost twice where it counted heavily.(Junior Cup Semis & Drayden) Literally the only thing wrong with Iris getting a Dragonite to me is the timing and the fact it adds some power to her team, at least she bonded with it though and was given a problem that needed overcoming when it came to getting it, which definitely made the capture less cringe-worthy. Plus I think we can all agree that he's got a very entertaining personality and most of his appeal comes from his badass aura. Manages to entertain me more than almost every other Pokemon on the main cast and at least gave her another Dragon to use and helped give both of them some character development.
    The problem with Dragonite is that overshadowed Dawn's cameo, if you remember. They focused too much on Dragonite that Dawn was forgotten in the tournament. This and the battle with Georgia.

And obvious thing is obvious, you're a hardcore fan of Iris. I like it although Iris is on the bottom poart between my favourites (I still like her).

-Max was a very good traveling companion, although most people seem to find him annoying I really like his snarky comments at May and overall dynamic he brought to the group. The Ralts episode continues to be a very emotional episode for me and I always enjoyed the "team-up" episodes where he would work with or have comedy moments with other Pokemon like Munchlax, Corphish, Shuppet, etc. He was such an entertaining character for me and I always find OCs entertaining to an extent. The Jirachi Movie continues to be a very fun movie for me because of him mainly and he got some nice subtle development with gaining more respect for Ash and becoming a little bit more mature at the end of the whole AG series. I honestly feel he worked really well with May and the others. Plus I loved how he copied Misty's ear-pulling gag. :P
    Agrred with it. Max, although he don't have any pokemon, used to have focus. I specially liked the chemistry because it's so good (May = Sister and contrast; Brock = So good, Ash = Veryt good).

-Brock, not that bad. His episodes were a dime-a-dozen but he broke the flow of the usual bland filler DP episodes with his own at times and added some excellent influence to Ash and Paul's rivalry, played a part in Forest becoming the Pewter Leader,(This kid almost KOed a Latias) and how he knew Solidad as an old friend. His Croagunk and Happiny's personalities and quirks were very enjoyable and I really liked his Ludicolo too, I still think he was most entertaining during AG where he had someone to bounce off in the form of Max while May and Ash played first fiddle. Plus you gotta admit, he's no slack-off or weakling. Croagunk sent Torterra's face into the dirt with a Brick Break and was agile enough to evade Staravia and take on Saturn's Croagunk, plus Marshtomp and Brock managed to beat May at her own game the whole Contest. I like how he keeps pictures of his past traveling companions in his room.
    Brock isn't that bad in DP. Also, in DP Brock received focus. THe problem is the focus of Ash and Dawn's relationship, not that Brock's character was so bad.

That's a problem everywhere though. There are always people who purposely manipulate others into believing certain things, which results in hive-minded individuals.

I know many people here are pretty adamant about that they hope Bulbasaur never evolves and then you also have Ciccone and Oshawott XD
    I'm sure this goes without saying, but I already have the "I told you Oshawott wouldn't evolve" thread typed up. I'm just waiting for BW to end so I can spring it on everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post

I don't know if "bad writing" counts as a fan term though. And honestly, most of the people who use it (like my good sis Platinum fan.) use it in the correct context anyway with receipts and explanations. Honestly though, I'm more inclined to believe that generalizations like "anyone who doesn't praise BW is a DP lover" are worse than complaints about questionable writing. Like, I think it's in bad taste to make broad statements like that. I can personally say that while I dislike BW, I wasn't completely in love with DP either, and I'm sure there are others who don't really have opinions about DP, neither good nor bad.

Tl;dr - I don't think it's fair to claim that those of us who criticize BW are avid DP fanatics. :s

Well that's because DP and Best Wishes are total opposites as series in terms of what happened in them. So its logical that the people who really liked DP wouldn't like BW much, and just the opposite being the people who love BW not care for DP.

The contrast between the two is like night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    The problem with Dragonite is that overshadowed Dawn's cameo, if you remember. They focused too much on Dragonite that Dawn was forgotten in the tournament. This and the battle with Georgia.
    Don't see the problem tbh. Dawn wasn't overshadowed and showed off her Contest talents in her return episode, forged a friendship with Iris, got to have a battle with Ash in a friendship departure like deal, and at least got to return to the show. Though I think Dawn not doing anything important had more to do with a lack of Contest in Unova, her return felt pointless and honestly it felt a bit OOC for her to come all the way to Unova for a small 16-person battle tournament of all things. May's motives for coming to Sinnoh for the Wallace Cup and to earn the Aqua Ribbon made more sense to me because said ribbon can be used to enter any Grand Festival in any region. Unova's lack of Contest probably hurt her a bit, it also reminded me of how much Dawn's character relies on Contest for importance. Plus at least Dawn got her own DP Special during early DP, which is more than what Misty and May got. Dragonite beating Dawn reminded me of Dawn beating May, I doubt the writers would have her beat two main girls. Though May had the benefit of getting a killer win off of Dawn's main rival, Zoey who beat Ash, Nando, and Dawn her whole run, before she got taken down.
    And obvious thing is obvious, you're a hardcore fan of Iris. I like it although Iris is on the bottom poart between my favourites (I still like her).
    Saying "obvious thing is obvious" is implying that the popular opinion of someone or a group of people is the end-all be-all and fact and we all know opinions are subjective and can't be proven no matter how many people think that way. For example, I think Shooti and Bel are two rather lackluster rivals, that doesn't mean someone else isn't allowed to think they're both exceptional rivals. If I'm a "hardcore" fan of Iris let me continue to have my way of thinking without belittling or trying to make me feel inferior for thinking that way and for being a fan of her, please. That's one of the reasons I stopped browsing Bulba so much, no trying to whine or anything, that was just one of my pet peeve even if you didn't mean it in any bad faith. ^^;;

Agrred with it. Max, although he don't have any pokemon, used to have focus. I specially liked the chemistry because it's so good (May = Sister and contrast; Brock = So good, Ash = Veryt good).
    Yeah, Max was a great way of showing Pokemon don't have to be the central point of your character for you to be entertaining or, imo, has an interesting dynamic among the cast.

Brock isn't that bad in DP. Also, in DP Brock received focus. THe problem is the focus of Ash and Dawn's relationship, not that Brock's character was so bad.
    In my opinion, I found DP era Brock to be rather boring at times. Not bad but boring, he got more focus in AG iirc, though catching Croagunk and the Pokemon itself being a mascot did allow for him to do more things like the Pastoria Festival(Croagunk is the mascot of the Great Marsh in-game) and the whole Galactic plot-line. Well to each their own I always say, I personally thought he was at his best in AG.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 6th March 2013 at 7:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I'm sure this goes without saying, but I already have the "I told you Oshawott wouldn't evolve" thread typed up. I'm just waiting for BW to end so I can spring it on everyone.
    I converted mid-BW when Oshawott appealed to get less serious after Clay's gym. I don't care for Samurott in the show whatsoever, but I think they could have made it's slap-stick humor still work if it had ever became a Dewott.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    That's a problem everywhere though. There are always people who purposely manipulate others into believing certain things, which results in hive-minded individuals.
    You know they can't take an hint even when you just smash it in their faces .

I converted mid-BW when Oshawott appealed to get less serious after Clay's gym. I don't care for Samurott in the show whatsoever, but I think they could have made it's slap-stick humor still work if it had ever became a Dewott.
    They stopped caring, their bosses said they can't evolve it and they stopped caring about it, sure you want it to be funny and humiliate we will do it and rigth now until the next arc is revealed, it seems to me that all they care are Pikachu, Charizard and Iris pokemon latelly.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 6th March 2013 at 8:12 AM.

Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast