Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    That Ash's true strongest Pokemon is Pikachu while everyone else is equal in strength, which includes everyone's precious Charizard (why do we overhype this guy)
    It depends on how you interpret "strongest". Most power?

What matters in the anime universe is the bond between Pokémon and trainer. I believe Pikachu is best described as that so in the end, it will be Ash + Pikachu being the best. Kinda how VS Drake ended, Charizard showed his power and did great, but in the end it came down to Pikachu

But Ash also has close bonds with other Pokémon like Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Infernape, Sceptile,etc. So no, there is no "equality". There's a big difference between Charizard and Pokémon like Totodile and Oshawott.

But fans do get crazy over Charizard. But that craziness goes both ways. The side that thinks Charizard is unbeatable and should KO everything and the other side that gets annoyed by this, so they hate Charizard.

There needs to be a balance. Charizard isn't invincible, but he has a very significant part in Ash's journey to be a Pokémon Master

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Mantine isn't amphibious though, no hands/feet. Slowking I'm sure wouldn't have worked because it isn't marketable enough.
    Quagsire it is
    That Ash's true strongest Pokemon is Pikachu while everyone else is equal in strength, which includes everyone's precious Charizard (why do we overhype this guy)
    You cannot be serious. You're lumping Torkoal in this group here.
    Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Not about the anime itself, but: I'm not a fan of Dogasu Koffing, or his backpack (at least one person should know what I'm talking about). :P

I find Ash's total obliviousness when it comes to love unfunny and overdone. It gets really old seeing someone fall head over heels for someone (usually for him), and he doesn't get it. Cottonnee in Love and Cutting the Ties That Bind are the perfect examples of this. It's especially annoying because he never used to be this dense!
    Lol Ash deleted his memories of love for a obfuscating layer of neverending happiness. Probably to avoid depression from all his losses.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    It depends on how you interpret "strongest". Most power?

What matters in the anime universe is the bond between Pokémon and trainer. I believe Pikachu is best described as that so in the end, it will be Ash + Pikachu being the best. Kinda how VS Drake ended, Charizard showed his power and did great, but in the end it came down to Pikachu

But Ash also has close bonds with other Pokémon like Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Infernape, Sceptile,etc. So no, there is no "equality". There's a big difference between Charizard and Pokémon like Totodile and Oshawott.

But fans do get crazy over Charizard. But that craziness goes both ways. The side that thinks Charizard is unbeatable and should KO everything and the other side that gets annoyed by this, so they hate Charizard.

There needs to be a balance. Charizard isn't invincible, but he has a very significant part in Ash's journey to be a Pokémon Master
    I call it plot.

^So not having a plot in a tv series is better than having one? Sounds exciting

^So not having a plot in a tv series is better than having one? Sounds exciting
    I call it plot because there is no realistic way for Pikachu to fall as far as he does at the beginning provided its the same pikachu and ash didn't kill and replace it offscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I call it plot because there is no realistic way for Pikachu to fall as far as he does at the beginning provided its the same pikachu and ash didn't kill and replace it offscreen.
    It was at least explainable until BW. BW just stopped caring. Pikachu tying against Elekid doesn't seemed as Farfetch'd as losing against Snivy

It was at least explainable until BW. BW just stopped caring. Pikachu tying against Elekid doesn't seemed as Farfetch'd as losing against Snivy
    Wait is this another in DP is fine but in BW isn't argument?

I'm not sure but Pikachu didn't get reseted in DP did he? memory is kinda cloudy rigth now and its not like Elekid was a beast, Shinji didn't really lose time with not evolving pokemon, that Elekid was probably a pretty new addition, probably joining Shinji about the same time as Chimchar did.

I already said in this thread, Pikachu felt reset at the start of DP as well. While losing to Elekid might not have had the same effect as losing to a Snivy it felt like the same thing. It's just with Snivy, we just saw it go to Trip and Trip was just starting out at that very moment. But really you can't give DP the pass then blame BW for it.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I already said in this thread, Pikachu felt reset at the start of DP as well. While losing to Elekid might not have had the same effect as losing to a Snivy it felt like the same thing. It's just with Snivy, we just saw it go to Trip and Trip was just starting out at that very moment. But really you can't give DP the pass then blame BW for it.
    I blame both equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Wait is this another in DP is fine but in BW isn't argument?

I'm not sure but Pikachu didn't get reseted in DP did he? memory is kinda cloudy rigth now and its not like Elekid was a beast, Shinji didn't really lose time with not evolving pokemon, that Elekid was probably a pretty new addition, probably joining Shinji about the same time as Chimchar did.
    Woops my mistake. Didn't mean it as a double standard. I meant it as the situation with Snivy makes looks VS Elekid look better. It was bad, but not as bad as Snivy. Paul had Elekid before Chimchar I'm pretty sure.

Pikachu was reset. It's gotten worse each series. It wasn't obvious in AG, it was more obvious in the very beginning of DP, and blatantly obvious in BW. Although, the Sinnoh region as a whole seemed tougher than Unova

The difference is that we had just seen Trip get handed Snivy not but minutes before the battle. It is the equivalent of getting your first Pokemon in the games. so Ash had no business losing to a Pokemon that was literally just handed to someone on their very first journey, no matter how stupid the idea of Pikachu losing it's electricity from Zekrom was.

If Cynthia's Garchomp lost it's ability to use Dragon type attacks, or Flint's Infernape lost the ability to use Fire type attacks, you'd still expect them to win. Ash may not be on their level, but he supposedly had a sizeable amount of experience before getting to Unova, and it would stand to reason that he should have no trouble beating a rookie Trainer.

We had no idea how long Paul had Elekid before he battled Ash. It could easily be a Pokemon he got from Johto on a previous journey like Murkrow and Weavile.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    The difference is that we had just seen Trip get handed Snivy not but minutes before the battle. It is the equivalent of getting your first Pokemon in the games. so Ash had no business losing to a Pokemon that was literally just handed to someone on their very first journey, no matter how stupid the idea of Pikachu losing it's electricity from Zekrom was.

If Cynthia's Garchomp lost it's ability to use Dragon type attacks, or Flint's Infernape lost the ability to use Fire type attacks, you'd still expect them to win. Ash may not be on their level, but he supposedly had a sizeable amount of experience before getting to Unova, and it would stand to reason that he should have no trouble beating a rookie Trainer.

We had no idea how long Paul had Elekid before he battled Ash. It could easily be a Pokemon he got from Johto on a previous journey like Murkrow and Weavile.
    Thank you. My point was there was a big difference in how they handled the beginning

At the beginning that is correct, because we didn't know Paul's backstory. But Paul's traveled for just as much regions as ash did (which we found out in episode 40). If they actually aged, Paul would only be a BIT younger then ash. Considering he's been all over, JUST like ash.

Now if we're talking about other fights at the begining of DP, then maybe. (Budew fight was myeh.) But Paul's "tie" was justified. It just took 40 episodes for them to spit it out ._. XD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    At the beginning that is correct, because we didn't know Paul's backstory. But Paul's traveled for just as much regions as ash did (which we found out in episode 40). If they actually aged, Paul would only be a BIT younger then ash. Considering he's been all over, JUST like ash.

Now if we're talking about other fights at the begining of DP, then maybe. (Budew fight was myeh.) But Paul's "tie" was justified. It just took 40 episodes for them to spit it out ._. XD
    Don't forget the most powerful Magikarp. Pikachu struggled against it haha...and Buizel which was stupid. But at least they were good when it counted and seemed to be more powerful than before by the same time as present BW. Curently they're still regressed

I know, but it still felt like Pikachu wasn't as powerful as it was at the end of BF after fighting a Regice. I know Paul was just as good, but do we know for how long he's had Elekid? The Trip situation was far more outrageous and the rivalry itself felt fake and forced to me with the whole regression but at the start of DP I always felt Ash regressed a little as well at the start but quickly got experienced again as DP rolled on.

Don't forget the most powerful Magikarp. Pikachu struggled against it haha...and Buizel which was stupid. But at least they were good when it counted and seemed to be more powerful than before by the same time as present BW. Curently they're still regressed
    Buizel I'll give you. It did seem slight BS what happened. But I can very much deal with it. .-.

But the magikarp fight?

That was so hilarious overall that I didn't even care. DOS FACIAL EXPRESSIONS MAN. o.O

one of the reasons I loved DP. ;~; xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I know, but it still felt like Pikachu wasn't as powerful as it was at the end of BF after fighting a Regice. I know Paul was just as good, but do we know for how long he's had Elekid? The Trip situation was far more outrageous and the rivalry itself felt fake and forced to me with the whole regression but at the start of DP I always felt Ash regressed a little as well at the start but quickly got experienced again as DP rolled on.
    Also, remember Pikachu VS Elekid wasn't the basis of the rivalry of Ash and Paul. It was their training styles...and the battle was meant to show how different Paul was

While on the other hand, Pikachu VS Snivy was all Ash and Trip had pretty much

The only thing we knew about Elekid was that it was Paul's earlier captured Pokemon...we don't really know when he got it
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

The only thing we knew about Elekid was that it was Paul's earlier captured Pokemon...we don't really know when he got it
    With a trainer like him I doubt it was very long..since you know it would have evolved. He probably just got done IV breeding a 31 all stat elekid before heading off to sinnoh.

With a trainer like him I doubt it was very long..since you know it would have evolved. He probably just got done IV breeding a 31 all stat elekid before heading off to sinnoh.
    He had Elekid in the flashback of capturing Chimchar. Also, it would have been through some training for Protect and Brick Break. As for the evolution thing...Lairon and Murkrow were unevolved for a while during Paul's journey

Also, remember Pikachu VS Elekid wasn't the basis of the rivalry of Ash and Paul. It was their training styles...and the battle was meant to show how different Paul was

While on the other hand, Pikachu VS Snivy was all Ash and Trip had pretty much
    Right, I wasn't trying to say Pikachu vs Elekid was a unrealistic match, only that it felt like Pikachu wasn't as powerful as it was when at the end of BF. For obvious reasons of course. I'll still take Pikachu vs Elekid over Pikachu vs Snivy anyday.

To Joltik-Kid, I was just wondering how long Paul had it. If he's had Elekid for awhile then it makes it more understandable, if not then it feels Pikachu was downgraded a bit to compete with it. I won't even go into fighting Buizel, Nando's Pokemon, and the Magikarp.

He had Elekid in the flashback of capturing Chimchar. Also, it would have been through some training for Protect and Brick Break. As for the evolution thing...Lairon and Murkrow were unevolved for a while during Paul's journey
    That's stilla short period of time.
    It varies, but usually they evolve much faster compared to Ash. plus murkrow needed a stone.

Right, I wasn't trying to say Pikachu vs Elekid was a unrealistic match, only that it felt like Pikachu wasn't as powerful as it was when at the end of BF. For obvious reasons of course. I'll still take Pikachu vs Elekid over Pikachu vs Snivy anyday.

To Joltik-Kid, I was just wondering how long Paul had it. If he's had Elekid for awhile then it makes it more understandable, if not then it feels Pikachu was downgraded a bit to compete with it. I won't even go into fighting Buizel, Nando's Pokemon, and the Magikarp.
    I disliked how Pikachu was handled in BF after beating Milotic. The matches against Espeon and Regice didn't feel very fulfilling

I disliked how Pikachu was handled in BF after beating Milotic. The matches against Espeon and Regice didn't feel very fulfilling
    Regice was fulfilling...

Just that damn ending. As cool as it was, it felt...

off. lol

Pikachu got a critical hit? lol
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Regice was fulfilling...

Just that damn ending. As cool as it was, it felt...

off. lol

Pikachu got a critical hit? lol
    Still it was odd. The moment of Pikachu breaking from the ice and 1HKOing was awesome...but it was a bit too much

That's stilla short period of time.
    It varies, but usually they evolve much faster compared to Ash. plus murkrow needed a stone.
    Just like Magmar and Electabuzz needed items and to be traded... Paul used his Action Replay
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast