Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Just like Magmar and Electabuzz needed items and to be traded... Paul used his Action Replay
    I'm inclined to believe he also used a 999 Hp cheat on his ursaring. that thing took more hits to go down than darkrai..

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I'm inclined to believe he also used a 999 Hp cheat on his ursaring. that thing took more hits to go down than darkrai..
    Darkrai healed itself...and besides the king of HP is Ash's Snorlax

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    The eye change reminds me of Sonic... people hated that for no reason as well
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I will never understand how this an unpopular change. I love this. They really do look good xD

...where's meh sinnoh?!

...granted they did have good HD quality around victors, so they probably so no reason to do so. lol
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Darkrai healed itself...and besides the king of HP is Ash's Snorlax
    That doesn't disprove paul using an AR offscreen you know. Only darkrai was weaker than we thought.

From what I posted on the today's episode thread:
    I belong to the "category" of Charizard's fans that want Seismic Toss to die, at some point. It is a fighting type move (Machokes learn it...) that doesn't suit him at all and he obtained it at a point when there wasn't anything better to give him. Sky Drop can do the job just fine and grant him the same type attack bonus.
    The move itself is cool, somehow it is the name and type I have a problem with, I can't explain it...
    Together with Flamethrower, and something like Shadow Claw and Dragon Tail, it would grant Charizard a modern to Unova standards moveset.

Quote Originally Posted by Yami Blaze View Post
    I belong to the "category" of Charizard's fans that want Seismic Toss to die, at some point. It is a fighting type move (Machokes learn it...) that doesn't suit him at all and he obtained it at a point when there wasn't anything better to give him. Sky Drop can do the job just fine and grant him the same type attack bonus.
    The move itself is cool, somehow it is the name and type I have a problem with, I can't explain it...
    Together with Flamethrower, and something like Shadow Claw and Dragon Tail, it would grant Charizard a modern to Unova standards moveset.
    I'm pretty sure he did forget Seismic Toss...

Quote Originally Posted by Yami Blaze View Post
    you got your wish. Charizards moveset as far as were aware is
    - Flamethrower
    - Dragon Tail
    - Slash
    - Wing attack

If Iris leaves at the end of Best Wishes, I want Cilan to leave as well, even if he has his story unresolved and has a little team, Iris and Cilan are awesome as a couple and I don´t think I will enjoy one if the other leaves because the new girl most likely will bond with Ash more if Pokéfrance has a sidequest, she will only bond with Cilan if she is a gym leader sidekick

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    - Flamethrower
    - Dragon Tail
    - Slash
    - Wing attack
    I seriously don't understand what the writers are thinking sometimes lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    - Flamethrower
    - Dragon Tail
    - Slash
    - Wing attack
    honestly, aside from one or two STAB moves (cause they tend to usually stay consistent), movesets don't even matter. The writers just change them when they feel its convenient or want animate something new.

I don't even mind this as long as they tried to make it make sense or they were good moves. lol
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

An opinion that I actually surprised that is unpopular:
    - If you are a Gym Leader, that means you specialize in one type of Pokémon, I don´t know if Sabrina kept Haunter, but Blaine having Rhydon was cheap and out of place, Giovanni only having Rhydon as a Ground-type postponed a Ground Gym Battle 4 generations (even if Jessie did the battle), Whitney having Nidorina was useless because it didn´t anything and Clair having Gyarados was annoying (Is NOT a dragon, DEAL WITH IT!). My point is, travelling Gym Leaders should stick to their type, Brock would be bearable if he had Onix, evolve his Geodude all the way to Golem, Lairon, maybe he taking care of Larvitar, Sudowoodo, getting a fossil like Cranidos or Aerodactyl, him fighting to keep Pewter Gym all Rock-type and getting back to home with a Ludicolo and a Swampert is kinda hypocrite (-_-), Cilan with Pansage, Deerling, Lilligant and now maybe a Gloom, Iris with Axew, a dissobedient Zweillous instead of Excadrill, Dragonite and a Druddigon instead of Emolga (I know Iris is not a Gym Leader yet, but a dragon master should have at least 3 dragon types, an unaware trainer goes to challenge Opelucid Gym with their Dragon or Ice type Pokémon and Iris sents out Excadrill ... the trainer would be screwed) ... maybe I made my point clear enough

Misty´s team rules! ... except Togepi, but I´m glad she doesn´t have it anymore.
    Last edited by Squirtle_007; 7th March 2013 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I seriously don't understand what the writers are thinking sometimes lol.
    Do any of us understand anymore? lol. XD.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    - If you are a Gym Leader, that means you specialize in one type of Pokémon, I don´t know if Sabrina kept Haunter, but Blaine having Rhydon was cheap and out of place, Giovanni only having Rhydon as a Ground-type postponed a Ground Gym Battle 4 generations (even if Jessie did the battle), Whitney having Nidorina was useless because it didn´t anything and Clair having Gyarados was annoying (Is NOT a dragon, DEAL WITH IT!). My point is, travelling Gym Leaders should stick to their type, Brock would be bearable if he had Onix, evolve his Geodude all the way to Golem, Lairon, maybe he taking care of Larvitar, Sudowoodo, getting a fossil like Cranidos or Aerodactyl, him fighting to keep Pewter Gym all Rock-type and getting back to home with a Ludicolo and a Swampert is kinda hypocrite (-_-), Cilan with Pansage, Deerling, Lilligant and now maybe a Gloom, Iris with Axew, a dissobedient Zweillous instead of Excadrill, Dragonite and a Druddigon instead of Emolga (I know Iris is not a Gym Leader yet, but a dragon master should have at least 3 dragon types, an unaware trainer goes to challenge Opelucid Gym with their Dragon or Ice type Pokémon and Iris sents out Excadrill ... the trainer would be screwed) ... maybe I made my point clear enough

Misty´s team rules! ... except Togepi, but I´m glad she doesn´t have it anymore.
    Couldn't agree more, especially about Iris

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post

When a trainer becomes a gym leader they just don't discard their non-specialty typed Pokemon, they just don't use them in gyms. Take Cheren for example in-game, he didn't get rid of his old team from his journey but used Pokemon specifically meant for gym challengers that were Normal and low-level. Brock used Sudowoodo against Nurse Joy in the DP special because it was Rock-type. Also a Dragon Master doesn't need three Dragons according to the reveal episode, you can be a Dragon Master with just an Axew if you want. As long if you can understand its heart and raise its power level to an exceptional level. You have to remember Clair used Gyarados due to her having one in-game and an overall lack of Dragon Pokemon in Gen one and two. The only one being the Dragonair family and Kingdra, both of which she had. I'm personally glad characters aren't given single-typed teams, it get a bit redundant and holds the team back a bit imo. Misty's whole team dies to electricity for example.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 8th March 2013 at 1:28 AM.

Actually I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but here it goes:
    Ash's Unova team is his weakest team ever. But not overall, almost every single pokemon is weaker compare to pokemon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. Here I go, putting the pokemon in order for most and less powerfull:

-Oshawott:
    1-Squirtle
    2-Buizel
    3-Kingler
    4-Corphish
    These four are stronger than Oshawott, while Oshawott is pretty much even with Palpitoad and only slightly stronger than Totodile.

-Snivy:
    1-Sceptile
    2-Bulbasaur
    3-Torterra
    These 3 are stronger than Snivy, while Snivy could be on par or be stronger than Bayleef.

-Pignite:
    1-Charizard
    2-Infernape
    3-Torkoal
    These 3 are stronger than Pignite, while Pignite is on par with Quilava.

-Unfezant:
    1-Swellow
    2-Noctowl
    3-Staraptor
    Well, since those are all the flying types Ash has, Unfezant is his weakest flying type pokemon.

-Palpitoad:
    1-Squirtle
    2-Buizel
    3-Kingler
    4-Corphish
    These 4 are stronger than him and he could be stronger than Oshawott.

Scraggy:
    Well, there's nothing obvious to compare Scraggy with... except Gible. Gible is stronger than Scraggy.

-Leavanny:
    She is weaker than Heracross, although not much weaker. And in terms of grass type, she is stronger than Snivy and Bayleef but weaker than Sceptile, Bulbasaur and Torterra.

-Boldore:
    We can compare him to Glalie. A filler type pokemon in the team (3 fire, grass, water, 1 flying and a/some random type(s) ) . Glalie has got much more impressive wins in the Hoenn League. So Glalie is stronger than Boldore.

-Krookodile:
    The strongest pokemon of Ash's weakest team. We compare him by Earth type, we have Donphan. I believe they might be on similar strenght levels. So we can compare him with another type filler pokemon in previous sagas. He is weaker than Snorlax. He is on par with Gliscor. He is stronger than Muk. He is slightly stronger than Tauros.

Well thats it. This team is the weakest Ash's team so far overall and individually. This team stronger pokemon, Krookodile, can't compare to other regions stronger pokemon: Charizard, Snorlax, Sceptile, Infernape and, of course, Pikachu. This region and Johto haven't gave us a powerhouse. Like Kanto, Orange Islands, Hoenn and Sinnoh did.

I just noticed only two of Charizard's moves have stock animation that can be used again (Flamethrower and Dragon tail) while Slash and wing attack are animated differently, like they can be replaced by another move any time soon. Charizard is staying for a while so let's wait till he learns new moves.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Obviously all of this are powerlevels that don't exist and are made up by you, so I guess it fits in the unpopular opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Obviously all of this are powerlevels that don't exist and are made up by you, so I guess it fits in the unpopular opinions.
    I'd say "Made up" isn't the right word, since I figured it out from what I actually see in the anime. But, feel free to answer to any of the particular pokemon cases, if you don't agree, I assure you that I can give arguments for every single one of them, I just didn't think it was necesary for all and it was tiring to write it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Other than the Krok, its pretty easy to see why Ash's Unova team is viewed as one of his weakest, almost tied with the Johto team.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Other than the Krok, its pretty easy to see why Ash's Unova team is viewed as one of his weakest, almost tied with the Johto team.
    Don't lump Pignite with stuff like mijumaru -.-

Don't lump Pignite with stuff like mijumaru -.-
    The writers have done such a poor job with Ash's team this gen, its unbelieveable. With Charizard coming back its even more of a sign they gave up developing them.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The writers have done such a poor job with Ash's team this gen, its unbelieveable. With Charizard coming back its even more of a sign they gave up developing them.
    If a pokemon can beat a pseudo legendary without DEM then it does not deserve to be placed anywhere near the bottom.

If a pokemon can beat a pseudo legendary without DEM then it does not deserve to be placed anywhere near the bottom.
    People would argue Brick Break was DEM(others, not me).
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast