Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Results 476 to 500 of 1371

Thread: Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

  1. #476
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Just like Magmar and Electabuzz needed items and to be traded... Paul used his Action Replay
    I'm inclined to believe he also used a 999 Hp cheat on his ursaring. that thing took more hits to go down than darkrai..

  2. #477
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I'm inclined to believe he also used a 999 Hp cheat on his ursaring. that thing took more hits to go down than darkrai..
    Darkrai healed itself...and besides the king of HP is Ash's Snorlax




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  3. #478
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,731

  4. #479
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    The eye change reminds me of Sonic... people hated that for no reason as well
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  5. #480
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I will never understand how this an unpopular change. I love this. They really do look good xD

    ...where's meh sinnoh?!

    ...granted they did have good HD quality around victors, so they probably so no reason to do so. lol
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  6. #481
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Darkrai healed itself...and besides the king of HP is Ash's Snorlax
    That doesn't disprove paul using an AR offscreen you know. Only darkrai was weaker than we thought.

  7. #482
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4

    Default

    From what I posted on the today's episode thread:
    I belong to the "category" of Charizard's fans that want Seismic Toss to die, at some point. It is a fighting type move (Machokes learn it...) that doesn't suit him at all and he obtained it at a point when there wasn't anything better to give him. Sky Drop can do the job just fine and grant him the same type attack bonus.
    The move itself is cool, somehow it is the name and type I have a problem with, I can't explain it...
    Together with Flamethrower, and something like Shadow Claw and Dragon Tail, it would grant Charizard a modern to Unova standards moveset.

  8. #483
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Yveltal96
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yami Blaze View Post
    From what I posted on the today's episode thread:
    I belong to the "category" of Charizard's fans that want Seismic Toss to die, at some point. It is a fighting type move (Machokes learn it...) that doesn't suit him at all and he obtained it at a point when there wasn't anything better to give him. Sky Drop can do the job just fine and grant him the same type attack bonus.
    The move itself is cool, somehow it is the name and type I have a problem with, I can't explain it...
    Together with Flamethrower, and something like Shadow Claw and Dragon Tail, it would grant Charizard a modern to Unova standards moveset.
    I'm pretty sure he did forget Seismic Toss...

  9. #484
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yami Blaze View Post
    From what I posted on the today's episode thread:
    I belong to the "category" of Charizard's fans that want Seismic Toss to die, at some point. It is a fighting type move (Machokes learn it...) that doesn't suit him at all and he obtained it at a point when there wasn't anything better to give him. Sky Drop can do the job just fine and grant him the same type attack bonus.
    The move itself is cool, somehow it is the name and type I have a problem with, I can't explain it...
    Together with Flamethrower, and something like Shadow Claw and Dragon Tail, it would grant Charizard a modern to Unova standards moveset.
    you got your wish. Charizards moveset as far as were aware is
    - Flamethrower
    - Dragon Tail
    - Slash
    - Wing attack

  10. #485
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    If Iris leaves at the end of Best Wishes, I want Cilan to leave as well, even if he has his story unresolved and has a little team, Iris and Cilan are awesome as a couple and I don´t think I will enjoy one if the other leaves because the new girl most likely will bond with Ash more if Pokéfrance has a sidequest, she will only bond with Cilan if she is a gym leader sidekick

  11. #486
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    you got your wish. Charizards moveset as far as were aware is
    - Flamethrower
    - Dragon Tail
    - Slash
    - Wing attack
    I seriously don't understand what the writers are thinking sometimes lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  12. #487
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    you got your wish. Charizards moveset as far as were aware is
    - Flamethrower
    - Dragon Tail
    - Slash
    - Wing attack
    honestly, aside from one or two STAB moves (cause they tend to usually stay consistent), movesets don't even matter. The writers just change them when they feel its convenient or want animate something new.

    I don't even mind this as long as they tried to make it make sense or they were good moves. lol
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  13. #488
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    An opinion that I actually surprised that is unpopular:
    - If you are a Gym Leader, that means you specialize in one type of Pokémon, I don´t know if Sabrina kept Haunter, but Blaine having Rhydon was cheap and out of place, Giovanni only having Rhydon as a Ground-type postponed a Ground Gym Battle 4 generations (even if Jessie did the battle), Whitney having Nidorina was useless because it didn´t anything and Clair having Gyarados was annoying (Is NOT a dragon, DEAL WITH IT!). My point is, travelling Gym Leaders should stick to their type, Brock would be bearable if he had Onix, evolve his Geodude all the way to Golem, Lairon, maybe he taking care of Larvitar, Sudowoodo, getting a fossil like Cranidos or Aerodactyl, him fighting to keep Pewter Gym all Rock-type and getting back to home with a Ludicolo and a Swampert is kinda hypocrite (-_-), Cilan with Pansage, Deerling, Lilligant and now maybe a Gloom, Iris with Axew, a dissobedient Zweillous instead of Excadrill, Dragonite and a Druddigon instead of Emolga (I know Iris is not a Gym Leader yet, but a dragon master should have at least 3 dragon types, an unaware trainer goes to challenge Opelucid Gym with their Dragon or Ice type Pokémon and Iris sents out Excadrill ... the trainer would be screwed) ... maybe I made my point clear enough

    Misty´s team rules! ... except Togepi, but I´m glad she doesn´t have it anymore.
    Last edited by Squirtle_007; 7th March 2013 at 11:30 PM.

  14. #489
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I seriously don't understand what the writers are thinking sometimes lol.
    Do any of us understand anymore? lol. XD.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  15. #490
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    philly
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    An opinion that I actually surprised that is unpopular:
    - If you are a Gym Leader, that means you specialize in one type of Pokémon, I don´t know if Sabrina kept Haunter, but Blaine having Rhydon was cheap and out of place, Giovanni only having Rhydon as a Ground-type postponed a Ground Gym Battle 4 generations (even if Jessie did the battle), Whitney having Nidorina was useless because it didn´t anything and Clair having Gyarados was annoying (Is NOT a dragon, DEAL WITH IT!). My point is, travelling Gym Leaders should stick to their type, Brock would be bearable if he had Onix, evolve his Geodude all the way to Golem, Lairon, maybe he taking care of Larvitar, Sudowoodo, getting a fossil like Cranidos or Aerodactyl, him fighting to keep Pewter Gym all Rock-type and getting back to home with a Ludicolo and a Swampert is kinda hypocrite (-_-), Cilan with Pansage, Deerling, Lilligant and now maybe a Gloom, Iris with Axew, a dissobedient Zweillous instead of Excadrill, Dragonite and a Druddigon instead of Emolga (I know Iris is not a Gym Leader yet, but a dragon master should have at least 3 dragon types, an unaware trainer goes to challenge Opelucid Gym with their Dragon or Ice type Pokémon and Iris sents out Excadrill ... the trainer would be screwed) ... maybe I made my point clear enough

    Misty´s team rules! ... except Togepi, but I´m glad she doesn´t have it anymore.
    Couldn't agree more, especially about Iris

  16. #491
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    An opinion that I actually surprised that is unpopular:
    - If you are a Gym Leader, that means you specialize in one type of Pokémon, I don´t know if Sabrina kept Haunter, but Blaine having Rhydon was cheap and out of place, Giovanni only having Rhydon as a Ground-type postponed a Ground Gym Battle 4 generations (even if Jessie did the battle), Whitney having Nidorina was useless because it didn´t anything and Clair having Gyarados was annoying (Is NOT a dragon, DEAL WITH IT!). My point is, travelling Gym Leaders should stick to their type, Brock would be bearable if he had Onix, evolve his Geodude all the way to Golem, Lairon, maybe he taking care of Larvitar, Sudowoodo, getting a fossil like Cranidos or Aerodactyl, him fighting to keep Pewter Gym all Rock-type and getting back to home with a Ludicolo and a Swampert is kinda hypocrite (-_-), Cilan with Pansage, Deerling, Lilligant and now maybe a Gloom, Iris with Axew, a dissobedient Zweillous instead of Excadrill, Dragonite and a Druddigon instead of Emolga (I know Iris is not a Gym Leader yet, but a dragon master should have at least 3 dragon types, an unaware trainer goes to challenge Opelucid Gym with their Dragon or Ice type Pokémon and Iris sents out Excadrill ... the trainer would be screwed) ... maybe I made my point clear enough

    Misty´s team rules! ... except Togepi, but I´m glad she doesn´t have it anymore.
    When a trainer becomes a gym leader they just don't discard their non-specialty typed Pokemon, they just don't use them in gyms. Take Cheren for example in-game, he didn't get rid of his old team from his journey but used Pokemon specifically meant for gym challengers that were Normal and low-level. Brock used Sudowoodo against Nurse Joy in the DP special because it was Rock-type. Also a Dragon Master doesn't need three Dragons according to the reveal episode, you can be a Dragon Master with just an Axew if you want. As long if you can understand its heart and raise its power level to an exceptional level. You have to remember Clair used Gyarados due to her having one in-game and an overall lack of Dragon Pokemon in Gen one and two. The only one being the Dragonair family and Kingdra, both of which she had. I'm personally glad characters aren't given single-typed teams, it get a bit redundant and holds the team back a bit imo. Misty's whole team dies to electricity for example.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 8th March 2013 at 1:28 AM.

  17. #492
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Actually I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but here it goes:
    Ash's Unova team is his weakest team ever. But not overall, almost every single pokemon is weaker compare to pokemon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. Here I go, putting the pokemon in order for most and less powerfull:

    -Oshawott:
    1-Squirtle
    2-Buizel
    3-Kingler
    4-Corphish
    These four are stronger than Oshawott, while Oshawott is pretty much even with Palpitoad and only slightly stronger than Totodile.

    -Snivy:
    1-Sceptile
    2-Bulbasaur
    3-Torterra
    These 3 are stronger than Snivy, while Snivy could be on par or be stronger than Bayleef.

    -Pignite:
    1-Charizard
    2-Infernape
    3-Torkoal
    These 3 are stronger than Pignite, while Pignite is on par with Quilava.

    -Unfezant:
    1-Swellow
    2-Noctowl
    3-Staraptor
    Well, since those are all the flying types Ash has, Unfezant is his weakest flying type pokemon.

    -Palpitoad:
    1-Squirtle
    2-Buizel
    3-Kingler
    4-Corphish
    These 4 are stronger than him and he could be stronger than Oshawott.

    Scraggy:
    Well, there's nothing obvious to compare Scraggy with... except Gible. Gible is stronger than Scraggy.

    -Leavanny:
    She is weaker than Heracross, although not much weaker. And in terms of grass type, she is stronger than Snivy and Bayleef but weaker than Sceptile, Bulbasaur and Torterra.

    -Boldore:
    We can compare him to Glalie. A filler type pokemon in the team (3 fire, grass, water, 1 flying and a/some random type(s) ) . Glalie has got much more impressive wins in the Hoenn League. So Glalie is stronger than Boldore.

    -Krookodile:
    The strongest pokemon of Ash's weakest team. We compare him by Earth type, we have Donphan. I believe they might be on similar strenght levels. So we can compare him with another type filler pokemon in previous sagas. He is weaker than Snorlax. He is on par with Gliscor. He is stronger than Muk. He is slightly stronger than Tauros.

    Well thats it. This team is the weakest Ash's team so far overall and individually. This team stronger pokemon, Krookodile, can't compare to other regions stronger pokemon: Charizard, Snorlax, Sceptile, Infernape and, of course, Pikachu. This region and Johto haven't gave us a powerhouse. Like Kanto, Orange Islands, Hoenn and Sinnoh did.

  18. #493
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    992

    Default

    I just noticed only two of Charizard's moves have stock animation that can be used again (Flamethrower and Dragon tail) while Slash and wing attack are animated differently, like they can be replaced by another move any time soon. Charizard is staying for a while so let's wait till he learns new moves.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

    [CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

  19. #494
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,300

    Default

    Obviously all of this are powerlevels that don't exist and are made up by you, so I guess it fits in the unpopular opinions.

  20. #495
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Obviously all of this are powerlevels that don't exist and are made up by you, so I guess it fits in the unpopular opinions.
    I'd say "Made up" isn't the right word, since I figured it out from what I actually see in the anime. But, feel free to answer to any of the particular pokemon cases, if you don't agree, I assure you that I can give arguments for every single one of them, I just didn't think it was necesary for all and it was tiring to write it all.

  21. #496
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Obviously all of this are powerlevels that don't exist and are made up by you, so I guess it fits in the unpopular opinions.
    Other than the Krok, its pretty easy to see why Ash's Unova team is viewed as one of his weakest, almost tied with the Johto team.

  22. #497
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Other than the Krok, its pretty easy to see why Ash's Unova team is viewed as one of his weakest, almost tied with the Johto team.
    Don't lump Pignite with stuff like mijumaru -.-

  23. #498
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Don't lump Pignite with stuff like mijumaru -.-
    The writers have done such a poor job with Ash's team this gen, its unbelieveable. With Charizard coming back its even more of a sign they gave up developing them.

  24. #499
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The writers have done such a poor job with Ash's team this gen, its unbelieveable. With Charizard coming back its even more of a sign they gave up developing them.
    If a pokemon can beat a pseudo legendary without DEM then it does not deserve to be placed anywhere near the bottom.

  25. #500
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    If a pokemon can beat a pseudo legendary without DEM then it does not deserve to be placed anywhere near the bottom.
    People would argue Brick Break was DEM(others, not me).
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •