Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Results 576 to 600 of 1371

Thread: Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

  1. #576
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Ya but when they get neither and just wastwe everybody's time is what I have an issue with. Then evolving so they have some battlingv capabilities would be a god sent.
    Lol no offence but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense I mean the waste of everybody's time part. This is a kids show and most kids don't obsess over powerful evolved Pokemon they just want some thing that's interesting to watch. Thats why I think cute Pokemon like Pikachu Snivy Axew and others stay un evolved because the guys who write for the show know how to run their business and theyre successfull. It doesn't matter to them if some teenagers on a English forum think that some Pokemon are a waste of time because either way theyre laughing all the way to the bank

  2. #577
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Hello!! It's his dream lol, unlike le chu.
    You mean the dream that only got covered once in episode 6 of Best Wishes? Yeah, clearly the writers changed their mind from that time. And here we all thought the lunchbox of truth revealed that he would be a Fraxture early
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  3. #578
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Lucario View Post
    Lol no offence but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense I mean the waste of everybody's time part. This is a kids show and most kids don't obsess over powerful evolved Pokemon they just want some thing that's interesting to watch. Thats why I think cute Pokemon like Pikachu Snivy Axew and others stay un evolved because the guys who write for the show know how to run their business and theyre successfull. It doesn't matter to them if some teenagers on a English forum think that some Pokemon are a waste of time because either way theyre laughing all the way to the bank
    Read what he wrote then read what I responded with. This has nothing to do with what I said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    You mean the dream that only got covered once in episode 6 of Best Wishes? Yeah, clearly the writers changed their mind from that time. And here we all thought the lunchbox of truth revealed that he would be a Fraxture early
    Doesn't change the fact that Kibago hasn't sai no to evolution yet.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  4. #579
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that Kibago hasn't sai no to evolution yet.
    Neither have Mijumaru and Tsutarja, yet well all know where their heading
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  5. #580
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Neither have Mijumaru and Tsutarja, yet well all know where their heading
    That's cuz they Mijumaru is a merch magnet and Snivy I guess beat her evo so the writers are sticking to that stupidity.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  6. #581
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    That's cuz they Mijumaru is a merch magnet and Snivy I guess beat her evo so the writers are sticking to that stupidity.
    She also lost to it
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  7. #582
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    The main problem is that you aren't a Japanese Kid. I'm pretty sure that Japanese kids prefer Axew over Haxorus. Not 10-year-old ones, but 8 year old ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Lucario View Post
    Lol no offence but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense I mean the waste of everybody's time part. This is a kids show and most kids don't obsess over powerful evolved Pokemon they just want some thing that's interesting to watch. Thats why I think cute Pokemon like Pikachu Snivy Axew and others stay un evolved because the guys who write for the show know how to run their business and theyre successfull. It doesn't matter to them if some teenagers on a English forum think that some Pokemon are a waste of time because either way theyre laughing all the way to the bank
    Okay, I disagree with that. When I was a kid (5,6,7 and on) I prefered Charizard over Charmander. I wasn't an stupid kid that though I was watching a living toys show. I knew that was a battle show, were those creatures were supposed to battle each other in order for their trainers to become stronger, while the pokemon become stronger too. And I knew that evolution makes the pokemon stronger.
    Besides, I loved Charizard badassery (the pokemon body form, the personality, the battle skills, the power , etc) and I love that it evolved from Charmander and became stronger. I remember being happy when I first saw Pidgeotto evolving back then, and hating Ash for a moment for leaving such a strong pokemon. I remember being pleasantly surprised after I saw the power Kingler had after he evolved on that league battle. And I'm pretty sure I was 7 years old at that time.

    So, I wouldn't say that all kids like cute and toy-ish pokemon over badass and powerful pokemon. I had friends that wanted Ash's pokemon to evolve back then too and liked Charizard over Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Pikachu back when the anime was still in Kanto.

    I don't know how japanese kids are though, but I'm having a hard time to accept they are so... delicates or effeminate (no offense to girls with actually good taste ) to like a lamely weak, but somehow cute Oshawott (come on, it isn't Eevee) over a less cute, but cool and stronger Samurott. I mean, if it is like this, those kids need to realize what this show is really about, battle, and stop ruining our fun xD.

    But I wouldn't mind it, if they would make Oshawott and Snivy stronger and capable pokemon, how they made Bulbasaur and Squirtle back then. Oshawott have that vibe that he will lose before a battle, Kanto starters haven't. So I'm fine with them cause they are powerful, I don't need pokemon to evolve, I need pokemon to be shown competent. And that's something pokemon like Oshawott lacks completely.

  8. #583
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    She also lost to it
    But she still beat him once so idk what the heck is going on with her.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  9. #584
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Okay, I disagree with that. When I was a kid (5,6,7 and on) I prefered Charizard over Charmander. I wasn't an stupid kid that though I was watching a living toys show. I knew that was a battle show, were those creatures were supposed to battle each other in order for their trainers to become stronger, while the pokemon become stronger too. And I knew that evolution makes the pokemon stronger.
    Besides, I loved Charizard badassery (the pokemon body form, the personality, the battle skills, the power , etc) and I love that it evolved from Charmander and became stronger. I remember being happy when I first saw Pidgeotto evolving back then, and hating Ash for a moment for leaving such a strong pokemon. I remember being pleasantly surprised after I saw the power Kingler had after he evolved on that league battle. And I'm pretty sure I was 7 years old at that time.
    You are without a doubt the only person I know (other then TheNewGuy most likely) to say they liked Charizard in Kanto... I know a lot of youtube commenters, friends, and family members who hated Charizard because of how much of a ***hole it was despite everything Ash did for it. Really, I missed Charmander as well when it evolved, I liked that little guy so much I got that pillow thing they use to make back then (sucks my mom gave it away). To this day my parents remember only Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle (sometimes the occasional movie Pokemon as well). So no, not everyone at that age or even beyond that shares that thought process.

    Oh and the anime and movie both failed at making Samurott look like a land battling Pokemon. It's literally stationary most of the time.
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 21st March 2013 at 4:35 AM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  10. #585
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    So, I wouldn't say that all kids like cute and toy-ish pokemon over badass and powerful pokemon. I had friends that wanted Ash's pokemon to evolve back then too and liked Charizard over Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Pikachu back when the anime was still in Kanto.

    I don't know how japanese kids are though, but I'm having a hard time to accept they are so... delicates or effeminate (no offense to girls with actually good taste ) to like a lamely weak, but somehow cute Oshawott (come on, it isn't Eevee) over a less cute, but cool and stronger Samurott. I mean, if it is like this, those kids need to realize what this show is really about, battle, and stop ruining our fun xD.

    But I wouldn't mind it, if they would make Oshawott and Snivy stronger and capable pokemon, how they made Bulbasaur and Squirtle back then. Oshawott have that vibe that he will lose before a battle, Kanto starters haven't. So I'm fine with them cause they are powerful, I don't need pokemon to evolve, I need pokemon to be shown competent. And that's something pokemon like Oshawott lacks completely.
    I wasn't completely talking about how Japanese love cute Pokemon, but I'm talking about Pokemon along the lines of Piplup, Axew, Oshawott etc, which I presume, is well-liked by the general community of Japanese kids that buy their merch. I'm not Japanese, but my home country is largely influenced by their culture of kawaii, and yeah... I love Oshawott and Piplup. Though I'm pretty sure Charizard is more popular than Charmander. That's something I'm sure of.

    As for Oshawott, I'm pretty sure it's popular because it's Piplup redux XD

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  11. #586
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I wasn't completely talking about how Japanese love cute Pokemon, but I'm talking about Pokemon along the lines of Piplup, Axew, Oshawott etc, which I presume, is well-liked by the general community of Japanese kids that buy their merch. I'm not Japanese, but my home country is largely influenced by their culture of kawaii, and yeah... I love Oshawott and Piplup. Though I'm pretty sure Charizard is more popular than Charmander. That's something I'm sure of.
    Not really sure about that... you normally see Charmander's in those specials and Pikashorts, not Charizard's (unless it's Ash's)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  12. #587
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    -Snip-
    I think those two posts were specifically about Japanese fans, as in the demographic that the writers/producers care about most. In general, it seems Japanese fans prefer cute Pokemon to powerful Pokemon. I mean not all of them obviously, but the majority. And I think Luke_Lucario made a good point about the producers treating the anime like a business because at the end of the day, that's what it comes down to. The writers are always going to do anything to make money because that's why this franchise exists.

    And again, why is Oshawott always being dragged for "not being competent" in battle? I mean, do people realize that his win percentage is actually better than that of Pignite, who's supposed to be really powerful because he evolved according to most fans? Oshawott's win percentage is also better than Scraggy's, yet I don't see Scraggy being attacked for - to use the recent term - "not being competent."
    Last edited by Lorde; 21st March 2013 at 5:20 AM.

  13. #588
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I think those two posts were specifically about Japanese fans, as in the demographic that the writers/producers care about most. In general, it seems Japanese fans prefer cute Pokemon to powerful Pokemon. I mean not all of them obviously, but the majority. And I think Luke_Lucario made a good point about the producers treating the anime like a business because at the end of the day, that's what it comes down to. The writers are always going to do anything to make money because that's why this franchise exists.

    And again, why is Oshawott always being dragged for "not being competent" in battle? I mean, do people realize that his win percentage is actually better than that of Pignite, who's supposed to be really powerful because he evolved according to most fans? Oshawott's win percentage is also better than Scraggy's, yet I don't see Scraggy being attacked for - to use the recent term - "not being competent."
    Actually, Pignite is tied in his wins and losses while Mijumaru has lost more then won so....
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  14. #589
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Actually, Pignite is tied in his wins and losses while Mijumaru has lost more then won so....
    I'm talking about their win percentages; both Pignite and Scraggy have won 42% of their battles, Oshawott has won 44% even though he's "weak" according to most people.

  15. #590
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    65

    Default

    I think Snivys gonna be the next important starter Pokemon on Ashs team because it looks like she's already got plenty of impressive wins and she's not even evolved yet! I hope she evolves next because I really want to see how much butt kicking she can do as a Servine. Unlike others I'm not against evolution if it makes a Pokemon better than before

  16. #591
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I'm talking about their win percentages; both Pignite and Scraggy have won 42% of their battles, Oshawott has won 44% even though he's "weak" according to most people.
    Um so?? Pignite has battled more and won more. They have both lost the same amount of battles though.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  17. #592
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I'm talking about their win percentages; both Pignite and Scraggy have won 42% of their battles, Oshawott has won 44% even though he's "weak" according to most people.
    Remember when Pignite was a weak Tepig that lost a noticeable amount of times? It got stronger and got more wins. Same with Scraggy, it improved and got wins.

    Oshawott is the opposite. It was great at first and got worse. And this isn't Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra worse because of body/battle style change. It's from being a joke.

    While Snivy isn't a joke, it's been the exact same since episode 9(going off the top of my head for its capture episode). She doesn't seem to be any weaker or stronger.




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  18. #593
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I'm talking about their win percentages; both Pignite and Scraggy have won 42% of their battles, Oshawott has won 44% even though he's "weak" according to most people.
    Win percentage doesn't mean everything. I think it's more like the number of wins. No one had ever said Emolga was stronger than Krookodile, even though Emolga won 100% of its battle.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  19. #594
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I'm talking about their win percentages; both Pignite and Scraggy have won 42% of their battles, Oshawott has won 44% even though he's "weak" according to most people.
    Magikarp has won both of its battles ever shown In The anime, 100%, so I guess magikarp is stronger than everything.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  20. #595
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I'm talking about their win percentages; both Pignite and Scraggy have won 42% of their battles, Oshawott has won 44% even though he's "weak" according to most people.
    Well, if we are talking about percentages of battles wins over the total of battles pokemon have had, here you have some:

    -Infernape: 83% of his battles. He has won 5 and lost 1.
    -Charizard: 79% of his battles. He has won 15, and lost 4.
    -Snorlax: 78% of his battles. He has won 11 and lost 3.
    -Pikachu: 61% of his battles. He has won 41, lost 23 and tie 3. (Since he has battled a lot on less important battles, like against TR or some COtd , I only count Pikachu's gym battles, regional leagues battles and Battle Frontier battles from the first gym in Kanto to this moment.)
    -Sceptile: 50% of his battles. He has won 3, lost 2 and tie 1.

    Those pokemon are usually considered Ash's major powerhouses by the majority of the fandom, including me. It's noticeable that they have a much higher win percentage than those Unova pokemons, Pignite and Scraggy with 42% and Oshawott with 44%.

    To compare those with a pokemon similar to them, here you have:

    -Squirtle: 60% of his battles. He has won 6 and lost 4. Compare to Oshawott's 44%, Squirtle's is better.
    -Gible: 50% of his battles. He has won 2 and lost other 2. Compare to Scraggy's 42%, Gible's is better.
    -Bulbasaur: 68% of his battles. He has won 11, lost 3 and tie 2. Since Quilava only fought once, we can compare Pignite to Bulbasaur, his other non-Unovian not fully evolved starter. Compare to Pignite's 42%, Bulbasaur's better. In fact, Bulbasaur's win percentage is better than Sceptile's and Pikachu's.

    To complete this, wanna know the rest of Ash's Unova pokemon percentage?

    -Snivy: 50% of her battles. She has won 6 and lost other 6.
    -Leavanny: 50% of his battles. He has won 2 and lost the other 2.
    -Palpitoad: 50% of his battles. He has won 3, lost 2 and tie 1.
    -Boldore: 40% of his battles. He has won 2 and lost 3.
    -Krookodile: 100% of his battles. He has won 3 and he hasn't lost since he evolved to Krookodile yet.
    -Unfezant: 33% of her battles. She has won 1 and lost the other 2.

    My point is that Oshawott is weaker than Ash's powerhouses, like the first 5 I mentioned, and weaker than Ash's stronger pokemon, like Bulbasaur and Squirtle, mentioned above too. Oshawott even has less percentage then Gible, Snivy, Leavanny, Krookodile and Palpitoad! He is pretty much on the same percentage with Pignite and Scraggy and is only better than Unfezant for that matter.
    Last edited by Lucas MV; 21st March 2013 at 10:18 AM.

  21. #596
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Win percentage doesn't mean everything. I think it's more like the number of wins. No one had ever said Emolga was stronger than Krookodile, even though Emolga won 100% of its battle.
    Correcto. Percentages don't mean much as far as I'm concerned considering a lot of Pokemon hardly get the chance to battle. I know for a fact the Sinnoh team battled more simply because there was lesser of them, I know for a fact Charizard battles more than the other reserves, simply because he returns often to the show. Gible for example iirc, lost to Empoleon and Darkrai went on to beat Conway's Dusknoir and Shuckle. So Gible technically had a 50% success rate, but obviously Pignite is stronger than Gible ever was even though he technically has a smaller win rate than Gible. Knocking out a Hydreigon and Emboar is more impressive than barely scrapping by with wins against Dusknoir and Shuckle, using a last resort perfected move no less.

    So, yeah, as far as I'm concerned.

    Win Percentages = BS because quality over quantity.

    Unfezant could knock out 10 Magikarp and have a better win record than everyone of the Pokemon on the team.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 21st March 2013 at 10:26 AM.

  22. #597
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Actually, Pignite is tied in his wins and losses while Mijumaru has lost more then won so....
    Based on today's performance, Pignite once again has more loses then wins :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Correcto. Percentages don't mean much as far as I'm concerned considering a lot of Pokemon hardly get the chance to battle. I know for a fact the Sinnoh team battled more simply because there was lesser of them, I know for a fact Charizard battles more than the other reserves, simply because he returns often to the show. Gible for example iirc, lost to Empoleon and Darkrai went on to beat Conway's Dusknoir and Shuckle. So Gible technically had a 50% success rate, but obviously Pignite is stronger than Gible ever was even though he technically has a smaller win rate than Gible. Knocking out a Hydreigon and Emboar is more impressive than barely scrapping by with wins against Dusknoir and Shuckle, using a last resort perfected move no less.

    So, yeah, as far as I'm concerned.

    Win Percentages = BS because quality over quantity.

    Unfezant could knock out 10 Magikarp and have a better win record than everyone of the Pokemon on the team.
    Do you know how bulky Dusknoir and Shuckle are? A lot more then Emboar and Hydreigon that's for sure. I'd say Gible and Pignite are even on that account
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  23. #598
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Well, if we are talking about percentages of battles wins over the total of battles pokemon have had, here you have some:

    -Infernape: 83% of his battles. He has won 5 and lost 1.
    -Charizard: 79% of his battles. He has won 15, and lost 4.
    -Snorlax: 78% of his battles. He has won 11 and lost 3.
    -Pikachu: 61% of his battles. He has won 41, lost 23 and tie 3. (Since he has battled a lot on less important battles, like against TR or some COtd , I only count Pikachu's gym battles, regional leagues battles and Battle Frontier battles from the first gym in Kanto to this moment.)
    -Sceptile: 50% of his battles. He has won 3, lost 2 and tie 1.

    Those pokemon are usually considered Ash's major powerhouses by the majority of the fandom, including me. It's noticeable that they have a much higher win percentage than those Unova pokemons, Pignite and Scraggy with 42% and Oshawott with 44%.

    To compare those with a pokemon similar to them, here you have:

    -Squirtle: 60% of his battles. He has won 6 and lost 4. Compare to Oshawott's 44%, Squirtle's is better.
    -Gible: 50% of his battles. He has won 2 and lost other 2. Compare to Scraggy's 42%, Gible's is better.
    -Bulbasaur: 68% of his battles. He has won 11, lost 3 and tie 2. Since Quilava only fought once, we can compare Pignite to Bulbasaur, his other non-Unovian not fully evolved starter. Compare to Pignite's 42%, Bulbasaur's better. In fact, Bulbasaur's win percentage is better than Sceptile's and Pikachu's.

    To complete this, wanna know the rest of Ash's Unova pokemon percentage?

    -Snivy: 50% of her battles. She has won 6 and lost other 6.
    -Leavanny: 50% of his battles. He has won 2 and lost the other 2.
    -Palpitoad: 50% of his battles. He has won 3, lost 2 and tie 1.
    -Boldore: 40% of his battles. He has won 2 and lost 3.
    -Krookodile: 100% of his battles. He has won 3 and he hasn't lost since he evolved to Krookodile yet.
    -Unfezant: 33% of her battles. She has won 1 and lost the other 2.

    My point is that Oshawott is weaker than Ash's powerhouses, like the first 5 I mentioned, and weaker than Ash's stronger pokemon, like Bulbasaur and Squirtle, mentioned above too. Oshawott even has less percentage then Gible, Snivy, Leavanny, Krookodile and Palpitoad! He is pretty much on the same percentage with Pignite and Scraggy and is only better than Unfezant for that matter.
    I didn't know this. So this means that Infernape is stronger than Charizard due to percentages now?

    As far as Oshawott is concerned, I'm getting a Johto treatement feel being done with Ash's Unova pokemon for some reason. And can you please not compare Oshawott or any pokemon to Squirtle and Bulbasaur please? They are strong. We get it. Doesn't mean that every of Ash's other pokemon aren't strong in their own ways. They've just got more ways to go than those who's been training alot longer.

    My ideal battle ever!

  24. #599
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Do you know how bulky Dusknoir and Shuckle are? A lot more then Emboar and Hydreigon that's for sure. I'd say Gible and Pignite are even on that account
    Except Shuckle's previous defensive capabilities were nerfed heavily due to Power Trick. Shuckle's bulkiness didn't mean anything since Gible never was out when it was bulky. Dusknoir wasn't very bulky either, sure the species in-game are known for being rather burly Pokemon who can take punishment well, but Dusknoir fell to a Dragon Pulse and Draco Meteor at close range.

    Two wins and we know Gible was a late capture in Sinnoh and thus didn't battle as much or train as much as Pignite is. Plus Gible barely scrapped by against Conway's Pokemon and was never portrayed as an overly-exceptional Pokemon. The closest things to making Gible look strong was the fact it was a Dragon-type and a bit of a savant with seemingly getting the beginnings of Draco Meteor learned all on his own. Tepig was surely a weaker Pokemon at first, but overtime has grown more than Gible ever did and faced more challenges and stronger opponents too. Beating a Heatmor, Hydreigon, and Emboar is vastly more impressive. Because, again, quality over quantity. Even in losses Pignite has been brought to his knees by, who I consider more lethal opponents, Serperior and Samurott. He also showed better endurance, speed, and strength than Gible did. Like I said before, Scraggy could defeat 10 Magikarp and would have a better win-record than every Pokemon on the main cast. Percentages are objective, wins are objective, but quality of the battles are subjective and there's absolutely nothing that makes me think Gible and Pignite are on even footing from what we know of both and have seen from both Pokemon thus far.

    Percentages are a massive load, I can clearly tell from watching the episode the writers aren't intending for Emolga to be stronger than Dragonite.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 21st March 2013 at 7:41 PM.

  25. #600
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    As far as Oshawott is concerned, I'm getting a Johto treatement feel being done with Ash's Unova pokemon for some reason. And can you please not compare Oshawott or any pokemon to Squirtle and Bulbasaur please? They are strong. We get it. Doesn't mean that every of Ash's other pokemon aren't strong in their own ways. They've just got more ways to go than those who's been training alot longer.
    I like Bulbasaur I do, but both Squirtle and him aren't as powerful as everyone makes them out to be. It's plot armor and nostalgia that makes them good, because if you look at both of their original runs, both sucked compared to Charmander and Pidgeotto (not gonna include Pikachu because he'll always be on top) "Oh but Bulbasaur beat a Meganium and Brandon's Duskclops and tied with his Solrock" and "Squritle beat a Thunderbolt Starmie, Electabuzz and Brandon's Ninjask"... Big ****ing whoop, those were all because the two of them were junk in Kanto and needed to get boosted in Johto. The other half was because of what I already stated, NOSTALGIA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Two wins and we know Gible was a late capture in Sinnoh and thus didn't battle as much or train as much as Pignite is. Plus Gible barely scrapped by against Conway's Pokemon and was never portrayed as an overly-exceptional Pokemon. The closest things to making Gible look strong was the fact it was a Dragon-type and a bit of a savant with seemingly getting the beginnings of Draco Meteor learned all on his own. Tepig was surely a weaker Pokemon at first, but overtime has grown more than Gible ever did and faced more challenges and stronger opponents too. Beating a Heatmor, Hydreigon, and Emboar is vastly more impressive. Because, again, quality over quantity. Even in losses Pignite has been brought to his knees by, who I consider more lethal opponents, Serperior and Samurott. He also showed better endurance, speed, and strength than Gible did. Like I said before, Scraggy could defeat 10 Magikarp and would have a better win-record than every Pokemon on the main cast. Percentages are objective, wins are objective, but quality of the battles are subjective and there's absolutely nothing that makes me think Gible and Pignite are on even footing from what we know of both and have seen from both Pokemon thus far.
    Gible beat two uninjured Pokemon, Pignite only beat Heatmor (Emboar was damaged by both Snivy and Heatmor). Let's not forget Tobias was also impressed with Gible's power. Therefore I think the two are equals
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 21st March 2013 at 7:45 PM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •