Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I do not like Mijumaru.

This is an extremely unpopular opinion among the staff.
    You like Piplup, though, right?

I don't get why everyone hates Piplup myself. I didn't think his dub voice was as bad as everyone says it was, either. *shrugs*
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I do not like Mijumaru.

This is an extremely unpopular opinion among the staff.
    I don't know. Many people I've seen seem to hate Mijumaru as well. ;p
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Personally, VAs like Sarah or Bill could probably shine greatly in roles where they're given good direction and not taking over for someone as a soundalike.
    U mean Bill Rogers? I thought his voice was to serious and he didnt have a good range I just thought all the voices he did sounded the same. I think the current voice actors are ok for the most part but I wish Sarah would emote more I just think she still sounds like shes new at voicing characters and it kinda bugs me

I do not like Mijumaru.
    We know lol iirc you bashed him in that other thread a couple of weeks ago which I guess explains your recent ban? No offence of course :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ke$ha View Post
    U mean Bill Rogers? I thought his voice was to serious and he didnt have a good range I just thought all the voices he did sounded the same. I think the current voice actors are ok for the most part but I wish Sarah would emote more I just think she still sounds like shes new at voicing characters and it kinda bugs me.
    The current voice actors are tolerable but I don't really like/hate any of them right now. Though, it's not really the VAs so much as the anime kinda losing it for me these days. It's just so boring now...lol.

However, when I compare the current voice actors to the old ones, I am pretty shocked in the difference in the quality of the voice work. The original voice actors had better and more appropriate voices to me.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 5th April 2013 at 7:10 AM.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Is this an unpopular opinion? Tbh I just honestly go ._. when people start talking about dubs and all. Meh.

How about this? I have so far, yet to like any BW openings. They seem so lackluster to older openings and other anime's openings. I really loved the old JP openings, because I grew up listening to those (they just dubbed the VAs in my country, but they still keep the JP openings, and you know what? Free sub!). I was more or less kind of disappointed. The first one, my brother described it perfectly. We see Pikachu running around for 2 minutes. The second one, I described it, too happy. I mean there's been stuff like High Touch which I fanboy over, but Be An Arrow is just bleh to me, and maybe the contents during BW2 disappointed me a bit. I hope the DA opening lives up to expectation.

Unpopular opinions (moar!)
    - Rotation should be locked into a secret chamber, armed with dynamites and labelled 'never to be seen again'.
    I love the idea. But I think the writers are good enough to handle rotations. They overhype certain Pokemon, never to be rotated and leave others rotting in Araragi's Lab. I'd rather have just a 6-mon team for XY than a rotation. 'Improving' is too unrealistic for the writers to do. I'd rather have the old formula back.

- Fillers =
    Other than providing a great dose of pacing and giggles, I enjoy fillers. I personally think BW could've used a bit of pacing, and used more fillers to cushion the major events. Fillers give the writers to properly space time out evenly, rather than a overspeeding demonic car. I'd rather there be bumps everywhere to slow down extremely slow plots. Sometimes they're hilarious. Just for laughs.

And of course, we need some really, really, really bad fillers to dampen our expectations, lol.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    I don't know. Many people I've seen seem to hate Mijumaru as well. ;p
    I don't hate Mijumaru, I just hate what they done with it. And I'm sure this is a popular opinion more than a unpopular one.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I don't hate Mijumaru, I just hate what they done with it. And I'm sure this is a popular opinion more than a unpopular one.
    At first Mijumaru was really cute and likeable, but now they keep abusing that charm and it's gradually deteriorated. I myself still prefer him to Pochama. I don't really hate either.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Same here. I don't hate Oshawott, but I wish they'd done something more with him.

And I don't hate Piplup either. Sometimes he annoyed me, but I never hated him and I found him cute. The only Pokemon I truly hated was Kanto Charizard, but I started liking him in the Orange Islands.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Oshawott really seemed like he was going places...now look what happened.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Oshawott really seemed like he was going places...now look what happened.
    Yeah, he seemed epic at first. Now, however, he's...yeah.

If only Oshawott fully evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedFan View Post
    If only Oshawott fully evolved.
    Evolving might have not helped either. With all of the old Kanto pokemon, it probably wouldn't have been used or had much focus anyway.

My ideal battle ever!

I know but, it just feels that Oshawott is holding Ash back this region.
    Last region he had Infernape and Torterra, now he had Pignite,Snivy and Oshawott

I think that possibly unlike many of you, I like and hate (or don't like) these characters:
    Character that I like:
    Main: Ash*, Brock**, Misty ***, May, Max****, Dawn, Cilan*****, Team Rocket (Jessie, James and Meowth)******
    Rivals/Recurring: Gary, Drew, Harley, Morrison, Paul", Zoey, Barry, Ursula, Bianca, Stephan, Georgia, Virgil"".

Pokemon: (Only main): Pikachu^, Bulbasaur^^, Squirtle, Charizard, Snorlax (battles), Bayleef, Sceptile, Corphish, Donphan, Ambipom^^^, Staraptor, Buizel^^^^, Infernape, Grotle^^^^^ Snivy, Oshawott^^^^^^, Scraggy, Leavanny, Krookodile, Psyduck, Politoed^^^^^^^, Corsola, Mudkip, Croagunk, Combusken, Beautifly, Bulbasaur, Wartortle, Munchlax, Piplup^^^^^^^^ , Buneary^^^^^^^^^^, Mamoswine, Cyndaquil, Togekiss, Excadrill, Emolga, Pansage, Arbox, Weezing, Victreebel, Wobbuffet, Seviper, Cacnea, Chimecho.

Spoiler:- Details:

Character that I don't like:
    Main: None, fortunately..
    Recurring: Kenny, Tobias and specially Cameron.
    Pokemon (only main): Primeape, Kingler, the 30 Tauros Many of Misty and Brock's pokemon in the OS*, Palpitoad.

*Reason: why they are useless in the long run. Specially the cases of Goldeen, Horsea, Zubat. (When we saw those Pokemon?)

Character that I liked but aren't my favourites:
    Main: Tracey, Brock (sometimes), Misty (sometimes), Iris, Cilan (BW2).
    Characters: Ritchie, Casey, Harrison, Tyson, Nando, Conway, Trip, Conway.
    Pokemon (only main): Butterfree, Pidgeotto, Quilava, Totodile, Noctowl, Donphan (both), Swellow, Torkoal, Glalie, Glisocr, Gible, Pignite, Unfezant, Boldore, Staryu, Onix, Forretress, Marshtomp, Ludicolo, Sudowoodo, Chansey, Skitty, Bulbasaur, Glaceon, Pachirisu, Buizel (Dawn), Axew, Krookodile, Iris' Dragonite (like merch), Crustle, Stunfisk

What are your unpopular opinion?
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 6th April 2013 at 8:39 PM.

I know but, it just feels that Oshawott is holding Ash back this region.
    Last region he had Infernape and Torterra, now he had Pignite,Snivy and Oshawott
    Here we go again with the "Oshawott is holding Ash back" statements. Oshawott is just one of three base form Pokemon on Ash's team, and he's actually won more battles than Scraggy and Snivy have so I don't understand why he's being used as a scapegoat yet again. Oh, and Torterra never won a battle after his evolution anyway, so I don't know why he's being cited as a powerful battler. :x

If anything his companions are holding him back more than mijumaru ever could. Too bad humans can't be captured in. Pokeballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Here we go again with the "Oshawott is holding Ash back" statements. Oshawott is just one of three base form Pokemon on Ash's team, and he's actually won more battles than Scraggy and Snivy have so I don't understand why he's being used as a scapegoat yet again. Oh, and Torterra never won a battle after his evolution anyway, so I don't know why he's being cited as a powerful battler. :x
    Because Torterra is a powerful battler looking at his ENTIRE WIN-LOSE STREAK SINCE TURTWIG and his performance. After evolution, he only fought Bertha's Hippowdon, Volkner's Electrivire and Paul's Drapion. I'm pretty sure Oshawott can beat all three, right?

I think people are just fed up with how arrogant Oshawott is and he isn't really very strong, lol.

ASB Squad

The first thirty or so episodes of AG hit low points that were steeper than those that occurred in Johto; it wasn't until Drew debuted that they started having some semblance of direction for May's character. Until that point, it was uninteresting episode after uninteresting episode, which was a downgrade considering that Johto improved towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I like Oshawott but, if he evolved or at least became an unevolved powerhouse people would not complain about him so much.
    Instead, Oshawott gets used in order to how strong other trainers are making Ash look weaker

I like Oshawott but, if he evolved or at least became an unevolved powerhouse people would not complain about him so much.
    Instead, Oshawott gets used in order to how strong other trainers are making Ash look weaker
    Those are worse than than comedians. Why the hell are you still not evolved if your that powerful anyways. I mean at least Pikachu has the stone gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I think people are just fed up with how arrogant Oshawott is and he isn't really very strong, lol.
    Arrogant describes Piplup more than Oshawott but whatever lol. I don't get why people focus so much on one single Pokemon when in reality Ashs entire Unova team could use some tweaking. May be if Ash had trained all his Pokemon on screen properly he could have made better progress at the Unova League or something lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Lucario View Post
    Arrogant describes Piplup more than Oshawott but whatever lol. I don't get why people focus so much on one single Pokemon when in reality Ashs entire Unova team could use some tweaking. May be if Ash had trained all his Pokemon on screen properly he could have made better progress at the Unova League or something lol.
    If you look at Krookodile, Leavanny, Pignite, and Pikachu it doesn't look bad. But because of the rest of the team: Oshawott's failing, Snivy not changing at all, and Palpitoad, Unfezant, and Boldore never being seen, and having one or two good wins, but more embarassing losses, that's why Unova leaves a bad taste in most people's mouths

Oshawott annoys a bunch of people because it looked like it had a lot of potential at the start of BW.

*Edit*
    Wow! I forgot Scraggy...well it has grown, but not much has come from Scraggy. The only notable battles are in one of the Don tournaments and it's first and only gym battle.

Then again, there was that wild battle against a Mandibuzz that gave its first win...but it's like more wasted potential
    Last edited by TheFonz; 8th April 2013 at 5:36 AM.

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Lucario View Post
    True, but from the first second we all knew that Piplup won't be a battling mon. Oshawott was different. He was competent or decent at the start, but his performance just crash landed as BW went through.

ASB Squad

My unpopular opinion is that I love the anime and always will, no matter what they pull out of their butts.
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

Quote Originally Posted by Xeice View Post
    The first thirty or so episodes of AG hit low points that were steeper than those that occurred in Johto; it wasn't until Drew debuted that they started having some semblance of direction for May's character. Until that point, it was uninteresting episode after uninteresting episode, which was a downgrade considering that Johto improved towards the end.
    Considering how Johto began... Hoenn's beginning was a vast improvement
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast