Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Considering how Johto began... Hoenn's beginning was a vast improvement
    Johto began with Charizard. Wen ash dumped him it took a nosedive that never recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Johto began with Charizard. Wen ash dumped him it took a nosedive that never recovered.
    If having pokemon with better personalities and actual gym battle plus an awesome league is taking a nosedive sure.

Oh I guess thats your unpopular opinon ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    If having pokemon with better personalities and actual gym battle plus an awesome league is taking a nosedive sure.

Thinking johto had better personalities is even more unpopular

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post

Johto

-Better league.
    -Pokemon with better personalities and actual personalities and quirks.
    -Better battles.
    -Less cheap wins.
    -More strategy.
    -Ash development
    -Better arcs.(Lugia, Red Gyarados, Dragon's Holy Land, etc.)
    -Better side specials.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Johto

-Better league.
    -Better battles.
    -Less cheap wins.
    -More strategy.
    -Ash development
    -Better side specials.
    I agree with this. But I wishes that the Kanto pokemon was kept at the lab in oder to let the Johto ones shine before the league came. Maybe more evolutions from Cyndaquil and Totodile would have atleast happened if that was the case.

My ideal battle ever!

Is it me or do some Pokemon seem to not evolve because the writers thought, "wait, does this Pokemon have an evolution? Probably not..." Oshawott has marketability going for it but others baffle me. They could at least address it in the show if they know.

Johto

-Better league.
    -Better battles.
    -Less cheap wins.
    -More strategy.
    -Ash development
    -Better side specials.
    Your list describes mostly Hoenn
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Johto did have less cheap wins

-More strategy.
    Aside from the strategy that Ash used to beat Whitney's Miltank, I don't recall there being much strategy in Johto, unless dodging attacks counts. I liked Johto for the most part even if it had too many fillers, but the battles weren't outstanding or memorable in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Aside from the strategy that Ash used to beat Whitney's Miltank, I don't recall there being much strategy in Johto, unless dodging attacks counts. I liked Johto for the most part even if it had too many fillers, but the battles weren't outstanding or memorable in my humble opinion.
    At the League there were some strategies, like clamping Houndoom's mouth with Vine Whip or burning the field to reduce Blastoise's movements. Those are the moments that stood out the most to me.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post
    My unpopular opinion is that I love the anime and always will, no matter what they pull out of their butts.
    I agree with this. Actually, the only way I would stop watching the anime would be if Ash leaves. But we know that's not gonna happen, so I have a nice amount of years left to watch.

Johto

-Better league.
    -Better battles.
    -Less cheap wins.
    -More strategy.
    -Ash development
    -Better side specials.
    I agree in almost everything. It was one of the best sagas actually. The improvement between Kanto and Johto was insane. Most noticeable in stuff like Gym battles.
    Last edited by Lucas MV; 9th April 2013 at 2:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    I agree in almost everything. It was one of the best sagas actually. The improvement between Kanto and Johto was insane. Most noticeable in stuff like Gym battles.
    Of coarse there was an improvement in gym battles from Kanto to Johto, Ash only got like 3 true battles in for his badges for the Indigo League :P
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Of coarse there was an improvement in gym battles from Kanto to Johto, Ash only got like 3 true battles in for his badges for the Indigo League :P
    Lt Surge, Koga, Blaine, and TRio. Along with a chance of beating Misty(most definitely with Pikachu) and Erika(minor chance with Pikachu)

The reason it looks so bad is because of Brock, Misty, Erika, and Sabrina giving their badges in the end

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Personally i never really understood fuss Johto is getting. When i watched it for first time i enjoyed in majority of episodes, main cast and TR antics and even today there are arcs and episodes i always like to go back and watch being incredibly enjoyable. Admittedly there did existed lack of direction in which characters and story would be taken with removal of GS ball plot doing more harm than good.

But compared to Kanto:
    It added more characterization to Ash pokemon not treating them like "soulless battling machines".Only problem was that Johto pokemon suffered from lack of focus clashing with Ash Kanto tam which overshadowed them at times taking up unnecessary all that screen time.
    -it was ground breaker in introducing mini arcs like Whirl islands,Lugia,Larvitar etc with later series(like Hoenn and DP)following up on said concept.

-it tried to implement several mini tournaments(like Seaking contest,grass tournament,Pokemon sumo or bug catching contest)with purpose of putting something else on table beside only fillers which included typical COTD having problems.

-Ash traveling companions received more focus and some significant development over there with step forward with their characters and stories being made. At least in there Misty got her own arc (Whirl Islands), had pokemon evolution, developed different techniques thanks to Corsola and Poliwhirl (compared to water gun spam in kanto) battled often TR with Ash and had notable achievements leading to some quality development. Which can be noticed in close bond she established with several characters gaining rivals(like Sakura or Egan)becoming more mature and level headed with time.
    Brock also got better treatment with more focus being put on his breeding skills which can be evidenced in way he took care of pokemon and healed them,entered breeding contest with Suzie,got involved in romantic circle with characters like(Temaku or dr,Anna) not staying only on running gag(at least there).

And Silver conference league was absolutely spectacular wrapping up nicely rivalry between Ash and Gary.

Whether its popular or unpopular looking back i actually prefer Johto over BW series having better sense of following making it feel how Ash is going somewhere, there was sense of continuity present into anime feeling like sequel to what was established before. Not to mention i find original trio had better interactions between them feeling like closer group of friends at that point whether it were tantrums between Ash and Misty with their friendship being on more endearing note containing lot of teasing and various pranks while sometimes getting into clash being familiar with their flaws. Many comedy scenes Brock provided searching for advices from Misty and Ash how to approach girls or great deal of care his friends expressed when he was sick or injured by TR.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    The reason it looks so bad is because of Brock, Misty, Erika, and Sabrina giving their badges in the end
    Technically Daisy gave badge to Ash. Misty protested finding it was unfair for Ash to win it that way since match wasn't finished.

The list is a comparison from Kanto to Johto, bringing Hoenn into the conversation makes little sense Joltik, obviously Hoenn, Sinnoh and Isshu had some of those also.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 9th April 2013 at 1:15 PM.

I agree that Johto did improve upon Kanto in many ways, even if I don't like it better.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

I have another opinion that is probably pretty unpopular. I think DP is both the best and the worst saga of the anime. On one end it has some great battles and Ash's team is ace (except Buizel, I felt it should have evolved). But then on the other end it has way to much focus on Dawn (sometimes you can't tell who the main character is lol) and it has a lot of boring filler. And let's not forget the amazing way they kicked Ash out of the league. I know the fight against Tobias was pretty good, but Tobias was just so bland that I felt nothing while Ash fought him.

Spoiler:- rage:
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Oh good, this thread is still up. How did I live without it?

51: This opinion might be unpopular depending on who the writers used and how the fans react to it, whether it's Max, Brock, Tracey, Dawn, May, Iris, Cilan, me personally I would have enjoyed it if it were May, Dawn, or especially Max. But anyway I would have really loved if one of the main characters fell off the "light, main hero path" after leaving the show and cameo as a dark either anti-hero or flat out villain. Do every single main character that leaves the show have to keep being goodie goodies? We can't have one that goes off alone and turns into a darker Pokemon trainer? That would be a cameo I would love to see. This is probably unpopular because I'm sure fans don't want to see their faves become jerks. I would love to see my fave characters after leaving the show fall into bad influences (not drugs or anything) but undergo serious attitude adjustments for the worse and the main cast tries to knock some sense into them. I guess I'm thinking of a situation like Zane from Yugioh GX, only much better written.
    52: I said this a few years ago on this thread and people laughed at me, but I still stand by it. Many say the sidekicks and coordinators hold Ash back. For me it's the other way around. Because Ash will never win a league May and Dawn were doomed to never win a festival, and any character who gets a side quest will follow suit. I don't think the sidekicks hinder Ash at all. Ash hinders the sidekicks as far as I'm concerned. I've mentioned this on many different threads on here, but not sure if I mentioned it here. I need a scoreboard.
    53: This will be highly unpopular. I don't think Ash needs a fully evolved water starter like everyone is whining about. Type advantage doesn't mean crap in the anime so what do I care? I do find it odd that Mudkip is the only water starter on the main cast to ever evolve but that's what happens when Pokemon become mascot popular. I would be curious if a sidekick got the water starter and fully evolved if that would make Ash fans angry.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

This thread bumped into page 2? IMPOSSIBRUUU!

Anyways, I think BW's openings took a step backwards. I really liked the openings from OS to DP (JP of course) and BW's ones just disappoint me I guess.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Anyways, I think BW's openings took a step backwards. I really liked the openings from OS to DP (JP of course) and BW's ones just disappoint me I guess.
    I have to agree on this one.

I loved all the DP openings (Japanese ones) but BW ones weren't as exciting and powerful. :/

....and now, her story begins.

I think the DP rap theme is so bad, it's good.

This is probably more popular then it lets on, but lets face it, Openings have been going downhill since BF, though I did like the Battle Dimensions and Galactic Battles themes

In my opinion, I didn't iike Misty and Brock good bye

This is probably more popular then it lets on, but lets face it, Openings have been going downhill since BF, though I did like the Battle Dimensions and Galactic Battles themes
    I personally thought they were improving, but once Best Wishes came with it's 3D opening, it just ruined the feel. The writers probably realised this and did a 2D opening for the second one.

Personally, I think the Japanese openings are much better than the Dubbed ones; the scenes are better placed in the originals and I just love the japanese singing more than the english. One example being "The Greatest Everyday!"; I loved that Guitar solo. Absolutely adored it. Then the female singer after it was great, and the whole thing became fantastic. When I heard it in english, it just seemed really slow and tacky, and I didn't like how Team Rocket's and Shaymin's part were tossed around. It just didn't feel right.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

The DP Japanese openings were amazing:

Together was a nice opening. Hi Touch was a pearlshippers paradise song, Saikou Everyday was the most epic hi pace song since Spurt! (Battle frontier)

Unova's Like an Arrow was cool.

I would love to see the writers at least make Ash like someone. I would love pearlshipping to be canon but hell if any shipping became canon with Ash I would be happy or at least content.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast