Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    I don't like Charizard, I like some of Ash's other Pokemon better (Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Heracross, Treecko (family), Aipom, etc.)
    I agree with ya I would have rathered them bring back Squirtle to so Mijimaru a real water type. But I guess they wanted to show younger viewers Ash is much stronger than you would know if you only watched from AG on. If Ash used his best pokemon in ever region we wouldnt watch him lose to idiots like kotetsu.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    I like some of Ash's other Pokemon better (Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Heracross, Treecko (family), Aipom, etc.)
    Same here. I still like Charizard myself, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    I agree with ya I would have rathered them bring back Squirtle to so Mijimaru a real water type. But I guess they wanted to show younger viewers Ash is much stronger than you would know if you only watched from AG on. If Ash used his best pokemon in ever region we wouldnt watch him lose to idiots like kotetsu.
    I agree with you, too.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 19th April 2013 at 1:35 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    To be fair, he was also pretty underutilized in AG (though not as much as DP). I wonder why he was brought back at all in either series? I mean, Ash was aiming for the league, May/Dawn was aiming for the Grand Festival, even Max has some sort of appeal despite being the tagalong kid. Brock... never had anything to truly progress his vague goal.
    I'm going to have to disagree with this opinion because I still thought Brock did very little even thought Max was there. If it was Ash and May, then it would have been like DP or worse. So I don't know why people keep saying Brock was good in AG, when in reality he still was boring there and in Johto as well. Only in BF is where I think he actually had some good challenges. DP was alright but it faded quickly with Paul, and all the others that brought more attention then he did.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with this opinion because I still thought Brock did very little even thought Max was there. If it was Ash and May, then it would have been like DP or worse. So I don't know why people keep saying Brock was good in AG, when in reality he still was boring there and in Johto as well. Only in BF is where I think he actually had some good challenges. DP was alright but it faded quickly with Paul, and all the others that brought more attention then he did.
    I personally thought Brock grew much worse in DP. I feel he was still getting a decent range of Pokemon like Marshtomp, Ludicolo, and others in AG, and he still felt like the relevant character I had come to known and love. In DP, I feel he was relegated to strictly being a third wheel. He had his moments like when helping Autumn in Sinnoh, true, but for the most part it was clear he was being neglected and shunned in comparison to his role in prior arcs.

He wasn't a bad character, but I just didn't like him as much as the other Brock's present in prior arcs. I also really grew to miss Eric Stuart's Brock for the English dub-- truth be told, that was my favorite voice in the 4Kids dub besides Veronica Taylor's Ash-- he gave such a warmth and goofy nature to Brock, and his voice was so much lighter and smoother before to me. In DP, Brock's voice got really, really rough, and deep- I feel the voice acting Bill did was great, but the voice he used was just way too old and gruff, and didn't sound like a 15 year old anymore to me.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 19th April 2013 at 6:51 PM.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

But he said that he was underutilized in AG, so he's agreeing with you right?

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    He wasn't a bad character, but I just didn't like him as much as the other Brock's present in prior arcs. I also really grew to miss Eric Stuart's Brock for the English dub-- truth be told, that was my favorite voice in the 4Kids dub besides Veronica Taylor's Ash-- he gave such a warmth and goofy nature to Brock, and his voice was so much lighter and smoother before to me. In DP, Brock's voice got really, really rough, and deep- I feel the voice acting Bill did was great, but the voice he used was just way too old and gruff, and didn't sound like a 15 year old anymore to me.
    Though if the show made a point to mention the character's ages, Brock could've been getting older and a deeper voice

It still could've been better though.

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Not entirely.

Though if the show made a point to mention the character's ages, Brock could've been getting older and a deeper voice

It still could've been better though.
    Keeping Brock's old voice wouldn't have made him any better if he still wasn't doing anything. Which he wasn't. So I don't know why people keep bringing up the voices when that is only one of things wrong with a character compared to the other 80% that is wrong with certain characters.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Brock was underutilized in every season past Kanto. Even in Johto he hardly did anything. The difference though is he was still funny and like able back then so nobody complained.

Brock started waning as a character towards the second half of AG but once DP got underway is when he was completely flanderized.

Keeping Brock's old voice wouldn't have made him any better if he still wasn't doing anything. Which he wasn't. So I don't know why people keep bringing up the voices when that is only one of things wrong with a character compared to the other 80% that is wrong with certain characters.
    Oh yeah, definitely, no question about it. I'm just saying that didn't help his character there, either, for the dub. That's only 10% of my problem with him there, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Brock was underutilized in every season past Kanto. Even in Johto he hardly did anything. The difference though is he was still funny and like able back then so nobody complained.

Brock started waning as a character towards the second half of AG but once DP got underway is when he was completely flanderized.
    Exactly, man. Exactly.

Personally, Brock could've at least got more episodes with him as the focus even if they weren't part of some big character arc.

Personally, Brock could've at least got more episodes with him as the focus even if they weren't part of some big character arc.
    If his goal wasn't exactly defined well on screen, then maybe he would have had more focus. but dealing with sick and baby pokemon most of the time was boring too. I wish they could have just gave him either Suzie or Zane as a breeding rival or something. That way it would be interesting from both sides.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Unpopular Opinion

Completely not bothered by the lack of Charizard vs Reshiram in Episode N. If Charizard gets knocked out, die-hard Charizard fans will start whining about writers. I'm not talking about Charizard fans, but die-hard Charizard fans. Those that think Charizard is invincible. If Reshiram takes good chunk of damage, then some fans will whine about how the writer totally made Reshiram look like a weakling. Although the lack of the battle upsets certain people, Charizard vs Reshiram had practically no solid proof of happening. Why? Openings are unreliable. Ash's Buizel didn't fight legendary. Nor did Ash's Infernape fought an Entei.

This teaches up that openings are as accurate as fan spectulation bar team changes.
    Not entirely true.. Ash fought two legendary pokemon, so as far as we take that the opening stated that Ash would fight two legendary pokemon, it wouldn't have lied. Just which specifically. I remember being fairly upset about it at the time as Entei is a favourite of mine. However, what this opening did was two things:
    - 'Confirmed' Charizard's appearance when defending Ash from Reshiram.

If Charizard was shown in a different shot then that one, before defending Ash vs. Reshiram, then it would've been different. But this opening set it up to defend Ash vs. Reshiram. What we got was Pikachu defending Ash against Reshiram. So the context is vastly different.

I think they could've given Brock more of the Iris treatment. A few more episodes about caring for a sick pokemon, and brushing off his knowledge on medicine and care before eventually making the turn from 'breeding' to being a PokéDoctor. Stuff like the Pachirisu-Fever episode gets overlooked so easily.. But definitely was part of Brock's developmental course throughout DP, similar to how Iris befriending a shy Dragon, and working with a Druddigon counted towards her development, and led to her capturing Dragonite. What should've happened was an episode with Brock joining forces with a Joy for an episode, and who knows.. When Dawn remembered what to do because Brock told her previously was also a good sign that Brock was doing well during DP.

The masses might've thought more about his progression. The fact remains that most people just didn't know what to think of Brock during DP. He didn't fight much, because that wasn't his goal anymore, so what could he do? All the things he could do, were chalked up as being filler. So yeah!
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

^I just wish he didn't end up as wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Not entirely true.. Ash fought two legendary pokemon, so as far as we take that the opening stated that Ash would fight two legendary pokemon, it wouldn't have lied. Just which specifically. I remember being fairly upset about it at the time as Entei is a favourite of mine. However, what this opening did was two things:

If Charizard was shown in a different shot then that one, before defending Ash vs. Reshiram, then it would've been different. But this opening set it up to defend Ash vs. Reshiram. What we got was Pikachu defending Ash against Reshiram. So the context is vastly different.

I think they could've given Brock more of the Iris treatment. A few more episodes about caring for a sick pokemon, and brushing off his knowledge on medicine and care before eventually making the turn from 'breeding' to being a PokéDoctor. Stuff like the Pachirisu-Fever episode gets overlooked so easily.. But definitely was part of Brock's developmental course throughout DP, similar to how Iris befriending a shy Dragon, and working with a Druddigon counted towards her development, and led to her capturing Dragonite. What should've happened was an episode with Brock joining forces with a Joy for an episode, and who knows.. When Dawn remembered what to do because Brock told her previously was also a good sign that Brock was doing well during DP.

The masses might've thought more about his progression. The fact remains that most people just didn't know what to think of Brock during DP. He didn't fight much, because that wasn't his goal anymore, so what could he do? All the things he could do, were chalked up as being filler. So yeah!
    I agree with your points on Brock I also just wish he had a rival or something. In Kanto and Johto he had mentors then in AG his purpose was guiding Ash and May while serving as a role model for Max. In DP he had his moments but he wasn't nearly as much as an influence in my opinion. I didn't want him to battle just have more episodes where he was in his element the episodes he helped Joy were always my more favorite Brock eps.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Loved the first generation because I was the age where I could watch it everytime it came out.
    The fact Ash never grew up pissed me of badly, as I believe they should have let him grow up and appear a person growing up throughout the following series, as either the main character, a recurring character or even getting wiped.
    IMO they should have replaced him with the protagonists of the following games instead of keeping him a 10 y/o forever, stopping him from becoming the pkmn master and inspiring people more.
    No 10 y/o nowadays is going to start a new game with a Pikachu, so the fact he keeps reappearing in the next regions with Pikachu doesn't even make sense.
    We should have seen something like Gold/Silver/Brendan/May with their starters or a new uncommun Pokemon, same goes for the following regions, to help the kids feel closer to their games, their own RPG stories and their everyday life, basically so that they could look up to the Animé's protagonist like a superhero.
    I just think it shows their commercial side vs their plot a bit to much.
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG] wow fantastic baby [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG]

That's true. Though I'd much rather see a combined effort of Pokemon stopping Reshiram than just only Charizad/Pikachu defending Ash from Reshiram to be fairly honest.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

If his goal wasn't exactly defined well on screen, then maybe he would have had more focus. but dealing with sick and baby pokemon most of the time was boring too. I wish they could have just gave him either Suzie or Zane as a breeding rival or something. That way it would be interesting from both sides.
    Brock didn't need a 'Breeding'-rival or competition arc because he was going to end up as a Doctor when he'd leave. He didn't get Happiny for no reason. Happiny -> Chansey = Doctor/Nurse-pokemon.

What was needed, were more instances of Brock being able to showcase growth as a doctor, without realizing he wanted to go on that path. Instances similar to how Iris got an episode in which she trained a strong dragon (Druddigon), bonded with an unruly dragon (Deino), calmed a raging dragon (Hydreigon) and finally captured a dragon (Dragonite). If Brock got episodes spread 25 episodes apart that dealt with him taking care of pokemon while it being more then just babysitting, in focus episodes, or as part as a different plot, then the change to Doctor Brock wouldn't have been so sudden but would've seemed more logical and would have given him growth. I don't believe that breeding competitions or a rival would've had the same effect.

Just going to list a few episodes in which Brock had, or could've had development towards a doctoring profession within Sinnoh:
    - Brock returns with Bonsly on his side: Could've had more mention of Bonsly for example having odd symptoms and therefore needed his attention.
    - Leave it to Brocko: Bonsly evolves. Brock could've taken it in after a fever/illness and afterwards saved Ash and co from TR, during which it could evolve. In fact, the first thing in this episode is Brock already upstaging a Nurse Joy when it came to an hurt Nuzleaf.
    - Happiny hatches: Barely any focus on caring for pokemon as Team Rocket interrupts half of the episode. Brock does tend to a Weedle while Joy tends to a Starly.
    - The Electrike Company: Brock could've examined what was wrong with the Electrike before a forced Rocket-plot.
    - Tanks for the Memories: Brock had interaction with Milkmaid and could've had a 'calcium'-talk about health during the episode, rather then making a lazy Miltank fit through other practices.
    - Pachirisu's fever: Duh..
    - Trials and Adulation: Dawn showcases to have learned minor medicinal skills from Brock after the events of Pachirisu's fever.
    - Piplup's not evolution: Brock could've had more of a distinct presence in trying to figure out what was wrong with Piplup.
    - Battling a Cute Drama: Well.. Dunno.. It was a Brock-episode, and I haven't listed all thusfar, but it just seems to me that Brock could've given her the strengths of all pokemon-preaching in this episode.
    - Promoting Healthy Tangrowth, even if it was about the tree in the end, this could've had Brock caring for certain life drained pokemon, instead of being given berries by Tangrowth.
    - A Marathon Rivalry: Brock could've provided PokeFirstAid.
    - The Brockster is in: Duh..

^I just wish he didn't end up as wallpaper.
    Are you replying to me? Please elaborate because you're leaving me in the dark
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Looking back Brock got pretty good role and focus in Hoenn . More than it was case in Kanto and Johto.

In comparison his most used pokemon in OS Zubat(later Crobat)was used in 27 episodes, while his most active pokemon in Hoenn Mudkip was used in 54 episodes. In OS Brock entered one event (breeding contest with Suzy) and had 0 battles against other trainers, while in Hoenn he entered cheer leading tournament, contest, pokemon orientering etc. Battled several people and had more attention being put on his development of breeding skills.

Played of good with characters like Maxy with who he build sort of student mentor relationship acting as counterweight to chemistry Ash and May had, established good friendship with May often giving her support and help accompanying her in shopping, showing interest in his cooking etc. Still acted like mentor to Ash helping him about strategy when battling leaders like Brawly or Tate and Liza.

Trained with him and helped to perfect moves in sparing battles such as Lotad vs Torkoal or Marshtamp vs Growyle.

Made sure to get Ash and co put of trouble whether we are talking about Shiftry, flock of Tailow, Mightiena etc, how to approach enraged pokemon which brings chaos and moral support/motivation taking care of cast supervising them as older brother.

And there were many characters with who he established good interactions even managing to spark attention of some girls for himself. Such as Frontier brain Pike Queen Lucy showing to be attracted by him heavily blushing. I wish they expanded on this abit more, because it set up groundwork for intriguing side story.

He also got Bonsly, his Mudkip evolved as well his Lotad feeling like he is getting somewhere collecting new knowledge and methods about breeding and taking care of your pokemon. We can see that in learning to prepared new sort of food pokeblocks, in showing great deal of knowledge when treating sick or poisoned pokemon like Sharpedo, Nuzleef, Bagon, in understanding relationship between pokemon in love like Donphan or Flaffy and Ampharos, crisis about lack of water and how to approach wild pokemon like Solrock ending recognized as respectable and knowledgeable breeder by several renowned members of this branch.

Such as Yuma, Jaco, Isis, Zane etc.
    While still being caretaker, navigator and most mature person in cast bringing order and settling down conflict between characters.

Along with going through some subtle character growth becoming tolerant to his "crazy" family, establishing close bond with younger brother Forest holding him in high regard and starting to find himself in things he does and what he wants to be.

Brock was parental figure of group, he was never expected to receive huge fleshed out story arcs like Dawn, Ash etc has. Even in OS when Misty was around she always got more focus and development overall than Brock did. And you can apply this on great amount to passive dream writer established around Brock character. Since with breeding as whole there's little you can do with it, when it doesn't involve battling and entering competitions.
    Where writers have easier time in creating something for character, having several ways to make him more proactive(like inclusion of rivals,competitions,training episodes etc).
    Hence why its much easier to write for coordinators and trainers.

Regardless of this handicap his development and focus came from individual episodes receiving changes in pokemon team and his skills gradually . Along with taking care of cast and cooking, navigating their way to towns and next gyms or area where contests are going to be held, giving logistic support and advices to Ash and May bringing everything on hold as most mature person in cast.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His real shaft happened in Sinnoh, and even than contrary to some lief he wasn't "cardboard wallpaper" having memorable moments, enjoyable interactions and arguably received character development there.Since it fleshed out Brock's character more in aspect of being breeder being given pokemon egg to display his true knowledge and skills raising it to healthy and powerful Chansey along with starting to show interest for doctor calling more excessively. Which eventually led to self doubt and insecurity of what he truly wants to do realizing gradually how as doctor he will be able to be of bigger help for pokemon .

p.s. At end of day i liked Brock and appreciated time he had on cast having many fond memories of his character. He played valuable role being like some sort of older parental figure , helped in navigation and finding gyms along with many other tiny things which we often take for granted. Aside from that he guided Ash helping him to grow into better trainer,giving many useful tips and coming up with strategies in several battles providing lot of wisdom and knowledge to group along with making us learn more about himself, his past and family, evolved as breeder applying his knowledge on several pokemon, raised impressive collection of pokemon and brought lot of humor and good dynamic in cast.

He may have not been excessive "right in your face" type of character collecting some sort of medals entering tournaments on daily basis, but he did things, helped move show and characters forward being important backbone on which others could rely keeping things on hold. Which was indeed important task.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 20th April 2013 at 4:49 PM.

^ Dude, I totally feel you on Brock.

Don't forget though that in OS, Misty played more of a second seat role, and that Brock therefore took a third seat sometimes. Oddly enough, in DP, Dawn at some points took that role. Also, Brock got to participate in quite a few events in Sinnoh as well, such as the Tag Battle tournament, and of course the cosplaying competition that won him Happiny. I really think that Brock had a few episodes in that series that hinted towards his careershift.

On a totally different matter. I seemed to have sufficiently offended people in order for me to receive an infraction. I might hereby take the oppurtunity to state that it was unaccounted for. I received an infraction on account of bashing Best Wishes, by comparing it to acts against humanity. I never have done such a thing and I advise the person who reported me should better read my post next time, as only stated that my future denial of Best Wishes could be likened to how certain acts against humanity are sometimes denied by certain individuals.

Hence, I've never said such a thing such as 'Best Wishes = Acts against humanity', which would definitely be bashing. Whatever I said, it reflects on me and my future practice of denial, and not on Best Wishes. If my opinion that my future acts are unpopular have offended anybody, then that must not be because they think that I'm bashing Best Wishes, but have a grudge against people who deny certain events. Of which I'm not, but I get the offendness. Hence why I posted this in the unpopular opinions-thread.

Brock was always designed to be a sidekick character from Day One. The only difference is once Ash improved as a trainer he stopped relying on Brock as much, so Brock's mentor role vanished. This is why Brock's role decreased after the original series ended.

I honestly wonder if the writers were originally planning to write Brock out at the end of AG, but then decided against it. There's a filler at the tail-end of Battle Frontier, "Pinch Healing" that seems to set up his doctor goal almost the same way DP did, even with Prof. Oak commenting on it. I wonder if they were planning on it back then, but then just decided to keep him for another arc.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Brock was always designed to be a sidekick character from Day One. The only difference is once Ash improved as a trainer he stopped relying on Brock as much, so Brock's mentor role vanished. This is why Brock's role decreased after the original series ended.
    I provided statistical evidence of Brock character and his pokemon receiving more focus in AG compared to Johto so im not quite sure how his role decreased?

Admittedly Ash was less reliant o Brock help, but this isn't only purpose behind Brock existence in anime. There was also his goal he pursued, pokemon, his own desires along with role of older caretaker, navigator and voice of reason he performed in cast balancing things out by bringing order and settling down conflict between characters.
    While helping May and Max about learning things , various strategies and attacks from pokemon they weren't aware of explaining why Max viewed him as some sort of older "role model".

After all isn't point of May, Dawn, Iris , Cilan existence also to work toward their dreams, give moral support to Ash helping him to go forward while bringing dynamic in cast? Isn't main message of show to decant image of Ash and friends exploring world of pokemon, building on friendship, adding humor and fun interactions, and learning new things working toward their set up dreams?

Something which definitely applies to Brock as well with writers expanding on his breeding carer in Hoenn getting more attention and chance to apply his attainment.

And to be fair his role of mentor never really vanished. Ash needed less help, but Brock still helped him to train pokemon, gave him tips and advices how to improve his strategy when battling gym leaders or Frontier brains . Whether it was in preparing strategy for Ash when he lost to Brawly, against Winona, in suggesting him which attacks to use against Flannery or warning him about strategy and special abilities certain pokemon use of who Ash wasn't aware of(such as hidden power, overgrowth etc).

Hell i remember he helped May sometimes too about contests, advice her what attacks to use when she was in pinch(such as Skitty and whole assist thing), along with comforting her after loss. And acted like parent in general warning Ash and others of poison berries, food, dangerous areas etc .looking after them like big brother.

Brock didn't need a 'Breeding'-rival or competition arc because he was going to end up as a Doctor when he'd leave. He didn't get Happiny for no reason. Happiny -> Chansey = Doctor/Nurse-pokemon.
    I'm talking about back in Kanto/Johto/Hoeen where Brock was steadily talking about being a Breeder and doing very little for it. And who was to know if Brock was going to change his goal after over 10 years without so much as a hint down the road?

What was needed, were more instances of Brock being able to showcase growth as a doctor, without realizing he wanted to go on that path.
    As I said before, his breeder goal should have been the one focused. Not his "changed at the last second goal". I don't even know if the writers knew he was going to change goals until Sinnoh league unleashed came on. I think they did that to get him off. Because his breeder goal has been mentioned plenty of times, but a doctor made more sense because of Happiny. And if I'm not mistaken, Bonsly was also baby pokemon and I thought it was leading for him to becoming a rock type trainer again. But that was no longer an issue.

Are you replying to me? Please elaborate because you're leaving me in the dark
    He/she is talking to those who thought he could have been something more since you keep saying he could have been but instead he wasn't.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 21st April 2013 at 6:19 AM.

I agree with the people who say Brock got the short end of the stick in Hoenn and Sinnoh, but he's still #1! :P

Although I don't think they know what more they could do with him (except if they release more Pokemon Chronicles, which show what he does now that he's a doctor).
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    I agree with the people who say Brock got the short end of the stick in Hoenn and Sinnoh, but he's still #1! :P

Although I don't think they know what more they could do with him (except if they release more Pokemon Chronicles, which show what he does now that he's a doctor).
    They could have but they chose not too. But it's over now so it's no use complaining about it anymore. There were a lot of times and seasons when people did give Brock the short end of the stick(most times whenever he returned) and people have been disappointed time after time. But I guess that's why Brock is a very unpopular opinionated topic, so I'm going to avoid it from now on.

My ideal battle ever!

I'm talking about back in Kanto/Johto/Hoeen where Brock was steadily talking about being a Breeder and doing very little for it. And who was to know if Brock was going to change his goal after over 10 years without so much as a hint down the road?

As I said before, his breeder goal should have been the one focused. Not his "changed at the last second goal". I don't even know if the writers knew he was going to change goals until Sinnoh league unleashed came on. I think they did that to get him off. Because his breeder goal has been mentioned plenty of times, but a doctor made more sense because of Happiny. And if I'm not mistaken, Bonsly was also baby pokemon and I thought it was leading for him to becoming a rock type trainer again. But that was no longer an issue.
    Yes, I do remember that he claimed to be a Breeder at every moment he could flaunt it. He also, quite often actually, addressed Pokemon health, and care. And honestly, I don't believe that his goal was 'changed at the last second'. The animé just doesn't work like that. Once they gave him Happiny, it was pretty clear, considering how he gravitated towards Pokemon Health moreso during the end of AG as well, and had been the group's doctor for quite a while. Like Cyber said: A Pinch Healing happened in AG, and almost all Brock episodes in DP were focused on healing, or taking care, as opposed to breeding/grooming.

Yes, he officially switched goals at the tail end of DP, but it came to him as something that he was gravitated towards. Ambipom's decision to leave with O to play Pingpong was a sudden, last minute change of goals, but Brock turning from a breeder into a doctor was well in the works before DP even started.

Sinnoh League Unleashed? Haven't watched the dub in ages, counting onwards from which episode is that? The Metagross/Magnezone episode, iirc? Usually, it takes about six months to draft an episode from scratch, but considering that the animé would be well into the beginning production of Best Wishes, they probably already chose to write Brock out earlier then that. In fact, I think they decided to write Brock out as soon as he got Togepi2.0, aka Happiny.

Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast