Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1371

Thread: Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I don't think so. Johto Ash seemed like he had learned something from the previous region before that while in BW, it seemed like he forgot his brain after DP. So I don't think they are the same to the least bit.
    Doing it to troll. He just wanted a reason to complain about Johto again.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    how we didn't even get a charizard vs reshiram facedown.
    never. Trust. Opening. Sequences.

Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    never. Trust. Opening. Sequences.

Ever.
    I approve this message.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

This is still alive? cool

Anyways I thought episode N was a flop. Especially with how rushed Reshiram was and how we didn't even get a charizard vs Reshiram facedown.
    so you're saying you want to see charizard get beaten to a pulp

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    It would have made reshiram look more epic.

It would have made reshiram look more epic.
    eh i guess so

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Well I thought Ash's very close relationships with Pikachu and Charizard would come into play, since N was involved. You know, that guy who ingame was against trainers having Pokémon and against battles(even in the anime). That would have been better than Pikachu just being able to resist the unresistable brainwashing, causing damage against Reshiram, and destroying the machine.

Instead Charizard is just treated as advertisement. Which is horrible considering it was never JUST advertising like it is now. His comeback was an awesome episode, but Charizard hasn't done anything...which never happens.

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Well I thought Ash's very close relationships with Pikachu and Charizard would come into play, since N was involved. You know, that guy who ingame was against trainers having Pokémon and against battles(even in the anime). That would have been better than Pikachu just being able to resist the unresistable brainwashing, causing damage against Reshiram, and destroying the machine.

Instead Charizard is just treated as advertisement. Which is horrible considering it was never JUST advertising like it is now. His comeback was an awesome episode, but Charizard hasn't done anything...which never happens.
    Well the closeness of the relationship did come into play with N. It was just how the pokemon was not only close and connected with Ash but was connected to each other. How Pignite and Charizard were student/mentor. In terms in Charizard battling and friendship That will always belong to Pikachu. Charizard vs. Reshiram would have been cool but I still dont think him coming back was a waste. Who knows maybe the writers are preparing a pokemon comeback tour with Butterfree on the horizon anyone wanna see Pidgeot or Primeape?

I've noticed that the enjoyment of each saga depends on what Ash's Pokemon team is like.

If his team is poorly developed like in Johto or Unova, those sagas are less favored than others. Anyone else notice this?

People were really excited about Best Wishes at the start, but after Ash's Unova team turned out rather lackluster they loss interest.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I've noticed that the enjoyment of each saga depends on what Ash's Pokemon team is like.

If his team is poorly developed like in Johto or Unova, those sagas are less favored than others. Anyone else notice this?

People were really excited about Best Wishes at the start, but after Ash's Unova team turned out rather lackluster they loss interest.
    Well when the writers went from Gotta catch them all to develop what you have Ash's development is directly tied to his pokemon. The best developed teams were Kanto and Sinnoh and they were also his strongest teams. I say they go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

Yeah that is a part of it. But there were periods I wouldn't watch DP episodes because it was a boring episode involving Dawn or some bad filler. I know that DP didn't have much filler, but to me when it was filler, it usually wasn't as watchable as past series. But OS, AG, and DP always got me pumped, BW did until after the first round of the first Don Tournament. It was exciting to see a tournament, but it left a bad taste in my mouth

The start of BW was very exciting because of the way it was presented...but then nothing really happened

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Yeah that is a part of it. But there were periods I wouldn't watch DP episodes because it was a boring episode involving Dawn or some bad filler. I know that DP didn't have much filler, but to me when it was filler, it usually wasn't as watchable as past series. But OS, AG, and DP always got me pumped, BW did until after the first round of the first Don Tournament. It was exciting to see a tournament, but it left a bad taste in my mouth

The start of BW was very exciting because of the way it was presented...but then nothing really happened
    they built it up, got us excited, and then...nothing much really. never really did have anything amazing. it had potential, but i guess people thought it was worse, because it never lived up to that potential. i also agree that parts of dp were poor. it went on for so long and most episodes that didn't help the plot were quite boring.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Despite being numerous and clustered in a completely ridiculous way, the Johto fillers aren't that bad on an individual basis, and certainly better than some of the AG and DP fillers I've seen.

AG was soul-crushingly boring until around the time Drew was introduced and May's contest run started firing on all cylinders; it felt like a thematic continuation of mid-Johto at times.

To continue on that, May's duration in the series started slow, but picked up significantly to finish off strong, and might have been the only main cast member that has left the series on a high-note in my eyes. I feel that the exact opposite occurred with Dawn, who started off incredibly appealing with her confident turned discouraged shtick, then took a sharp nosedive sometime after she won the Wallace Cup.

The interactions between Ash and Paul were plodding and angst-ridden compared to the mind-games Gary played with him during Kanto, but the battles were far superior (for obvious reasons concerning how much easier they are to animate now).

The original trio wouldn't be as fondly remembered if the writers had given Misty a contest-esque side quest (more focus on water-themed tournaments for example), which would've shifted her character development away from the group (Ash, Brock, Togepi, Pikachu) to reoccurring rivals and would've greatly disrupted the group dynamics, not to mention it would have been rather unnecessary considering the franchise was still fresh enough at the time to retain the focus on Ash's gym battles, whilst keeping it entertaining fillers notwithstanding. Then again, since the writers decided to leave what might have been the most notable character trait she had a loose-end, it might have been better in the long run if they had her development more self-contained to the original series.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeice View Post
    To continue on that, May's duration in the series started slow, but picked up significantly to finish off strong, and might have been the only main cast member that has left the series on a high-note in my eyes. I feel that the exact opposite occurred with Dawn, who started off incredibly appealing with her confident turned discouraged shtick, then took a sharp nosedive sometime after she won the Wallace Cup.
    I have to agree with this. I think the problem is after the Wallace Cup it felt like Dawn's story actually ended. At that point neither Zoey nor Kenny were developed any further as characters, Nando completely disappeared, and all of Dawn's original Pokemon no longer went through development with Ambipom being released....with just Mamoswine and Ursula being the soul differences for the later part of her journey.

The problem overall though was that DP was just too damn long. All the plotlines from the beginning had to be stretched out over 4 years and that caused them to extend parts of Paul and Dawn's character arcs that didn't have quite the stamina for it.

Sinnoh should have been 3 years and the extra year converted to a filler arc. I just imagine they didn't want to bother giving Dawn a whole second Contest quest, which they would have had to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    Well when the writers went from Gotta catch them all to develop what you have Ash's development is directly tied to his pokemon. The best developed teams were Kanto and Sinnoh and they were also his strongest teams. I say they go hand in hand.
    I wouldn't go that far. I actually thought his Hoenn team was much better than Unova and Kanto's. But it's just my unpopular opinion. I liked how he was able to use them in the BF as well as through the Hoenn league without getting his reserves to always back him up. Sometimes I think his Hoeen tem is the most forgotten. People always say how much they love his Kanto and hate his Johto, that sometimes people skip the Hoenn before saying how awesome his Sinnoh team was.

they built it up, got us excited, and then...nothing much really. never really did have anything amazing. it had potential, but i guess people thought it was worse, because it never lived up to that potential. i also agree that parts of dp were poor. it went on for so long and most episodes that didn't help the plot were quite boring.
    DP has it's bad moments but you can't count how many Unova has had even though it is a short saga. I'm not bashing sagas but people keep going on about Sinnoh in towards the eighth gym that people don't seem to realize that the same crap is happening with Unova. It started after the league and it's nothing but tedious fillers as far as of now.

AG was soul-crushingly boring until around the time Drew was introduced and May's contest run started firing on all cylinders; it felt like a thematic continuation of mid-Johto at times.
    It wasn't that long when Drew was introduced that we all got bored of May and the whole group. She was still doing something despite Drew coming on. However, one character doesn't make the whole show.

The original trio wouldn't be as fondly remembered if the writers had given Misty a contest-esque side quest (more focus on water-themed tournaments for example), which would've shifted her character development away from the group (Ash, Brock, Togepi, Pikachu) to reoccurring rivals and would've greatly disrupted the group dynamics, not to mention it would have been rather unnecessary considering the franchise was still fresh enough at the time to retain the focus on Ash's gym battles, whilst keeping it entertaining fillers notwithstanding.
    What is this I'm reading? The original trio is all what people still talk about these days. And as far as Misty goes, there weren't really a whole lot of goal ploted stories for the writers to work with back then. However, in the IS, is where they could have had her done more but they didn't. And I don't see anything wrong with her not having a rival. That definetly would have been something much better than always relaying on Ash mostly all the time instead of doing something or worrying about her own business.

My ideal battle ever!

A thought that came to my mind after today's DA! episode:
    - What's the real point of Cilan on the series?
    Don't take it on the wrong way, Iris and Cilan are pure gold, they're a HUGE improvement after the floppy compannions we had to endure for 4 tiresome years but ... something is REALLY wrong on the way they handle Cilan or, to be more specific, on the way they handle Cilan's team, it has been almost 2 years since his last team change with Dwebble evolving, after that, no captures, no evolutions (even if I'm fine with Pansage, Simisage is really cool ... but Simipour and Simisear are HORRIBLE and I've always had the idea of Cilan, Chili and Cress evolving their Pokémon at the same time or not evolving them at all, just for symmetry), even if Pansage, Crustle and Stunfisk has done WAY more in almost 3 years than Steelix, Geodude, Crobat, Vulpix, Forretress, Marshtomp, Ludicolo, Sudowoodo, Croagunk and Chansey did in 13, at this moment ... his journey, so far has been ... pretty much pointless, again, don't take it in the wrong way, I'll explain myself: Another compannions, by this time, had at least 4 Pokémon, and not having a competitive goal is not an excuse because Iris, Misty and Brock all had at least 4 Pokémon at their 3rd. year travelling with Ash and they don't have a competitive goal either, and, in Iris's and Misty's cases, they actually can use the Pokémon they caught during their runs when they go back home and being gym leaders, even Brock got a new Pokémon that can be used in Pewter Gym with Sudowoodo, Cilan can't use Crustle and Stunfisk, only Pansage, I know the point of his journey isn't being a "Grass-type master", but bringing something that can ACTUALLY USE IN GYM BATTLES would give poor Pansage a break, so, to sum up, why the hell are they screwing Cilan so much on the capture department?, if he leaves at the end of the season, his whole journey will be pointless because he left with Pansage and (to the gym, at least) he will go back with Pansage, they could just (and I can't believe I'm saying this) make Brock come back instead of introducing Cilan and give Crustle and Stunfisk to him ... even if they would be by now rotting in their Pokéballs, Crustle would still be a Dwebble and Stunfisk only had 2 attacks.
    I won't write about his Connossieur career because I think he's going great and he is actually developing, people outrages because he doesn't struggle with it but come on, he's not the first compannion that isn't a beginner in his career, remember Tracey?, he always was a good Pokémon Watcher.
    And to finalize, in general, I think Cilan is an almost overall awesome character and I've enjoyed his run, his interactions and his battles, but, in the Pokémon team department ... seriously, "It's potential wasting time!!" (¬_¬).

Oh, and before I forgot: Plasma arc > Aqua/Magma arc > Galactic arc, I prefer Aqua/Magma arc over Galactic arc because I remember that particular scene with Archie possessed telling to their underlings "Screw you, I'm powerful, I don't need you anymore!", that was awesome.
    Last edited by Squirtle_007; 9th May 2013 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Don't take it on the wrong way, Iris and Cilan are pure gold, they're a HUGE improvement after the floppy compannions we had to endure for 4 tiresome years but ... something is REALLY wrong on the way they handle Cilan or, to be more specific, on the way they handle Cilan's team, it has been almost 2 years since his last team change with Dwebble evolving, after that, no captures, no evolutions (even if I'm fine with Pansage, Simisage is really cool ... but Simipour and Simisear are HORRIBLE and I've always had the idea of Cilan, Chili and Cress evolving their Pokémon at the same time or not evolving them at all, just for symmetry), even if Pansage, Crustle and Stunfisk has done WAY more in almost 3 years than Steelix, Geodude, Crobat, Vulpix, Forretress, Marshtomp, Ludicolo, Sudowoodo, Croagunk and Chansey did in 13, at this moment ... his journey, so far has been ... pretty much pointless, again, don't take it in the wrong way, I'll explain myself: Another compannions, by this time, had at least 4 Pokémon, and not having a competitive goal is not an excuse because Iris, Misty and Brock all had at least 4 Pokémon at their 3rd. year travelling with Ash and they don't have a competitive goal either, and, in Iris's and Misty's cases, they actually can use the Pokémon they caught during their runs when they go back home and being gym leaders, even Brock got a new Pokémon that can be used in Pewter Gym with Sudowoodo, Cilan can't use Crustle and Stunfisk, only Pansage, I know the point of his journey isn't being a "Grass-type master", but bringing something that can ACTUALLY USE IN GYM BATTLES would give poor Pansage a break, so, to sum up, why the hell are they screwing Cilan so much on the capture department?, if he leaves at the end of the season, his whole journey will be pointless because he left with Pansage and (to the gym, at least) he will go back with Pansage, they could just (and I can't believe I'm saying this) make Brock come back instead of introducing Cilan and give Crustle and Stunfisk to him ... even if they would be by now rotting in their Pokéballs, Crustle would still be a Dwebble and Stunfisk only had 2 attacks.
    I won't write about his Connossieur career because I think he's going great and he is actually developing, people outrages because he doesn't struggle with it but come on, he's not the first compannion that isn't a beginner in his career, remember Tracey?, he always was a good Pokémon Watcher.
    And to finalize, in general, I think Cilan is an almost overall awesome character and I've enjoyed his run, his interactions and his battles, but, in the Pokémon team department ... seriously, "It's potential wasting time!!" (¬_¬).

Oh, and before I forgot: Plasma arc > Aqua/Magma arc > Galactic arc, I prefer Aqua/Magma arc over Galactic arc because I remember that particular scene with Archie possessed telling to their underlings "Screw you, I'm powerful, I don't need you anymore!", that was awesome.
    I'm betting you hate Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum too
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I'm betting you hate Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum too
    I actually have Platinum for DS: Distortion World, Route 216, 217, Drifblim, Cherrim and Gallade ROCKS !! ... but giving coats to the main characters and make them enter with them to Stark Mountain ... not cool at all

I have to agree with most of your points about Dent's pokemon team. I would love a Simisage to join his team but if you look at it now forgive me if my memory is rusty but I don't remember the aforementioned Tracey had too many captures in his run either. He came in an establish Pokemon Watcher just like Dent is a Sommelier which in my opinion doesnt seem that different from being a watcher just instead of drawing pictures you are critiquing relationships. If he does leave the series and return to the gym he can use a bug/rock type as a grass gym leader it would be the perfect "haha didnt see that coming" moment. I also enjoy Dent as a character even if I still loyal to AG Brock.

Finally I respectfully disagree with your evil orgs arcs list. I say Galactic > Plasma> magma/Aqua mainly due to the fact the Plasma and Magam/Aqua arcs it was just Ash/Pikachu somehow lucking there way into saving the day although at least Aqua/magma had Lance..... Plasma was literally brought to their knees due to the ideals and feelings of Ash and Pikachu. Iris and Dent sad to say were little part of the actual climax and N had a middling role at best. The Galactic Arc involved all 3 characters Ash, Dawn, and even poor neglected DP brock was chosen by the Lake Trio to save the world (and universe consequently.) There was no pikachus' will pwns all or Ash is the chosen one it was we were the chosen protectors we dont know why but we accept our fate. This is only time in my memory that all 3 people had a major hand in bringing the faction to their knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    I have to agree with most of your points about Dent's pokemon team. I would love a Simisage to join his team but if you look at it now 1.- forgive me if my memory is rusty but I don't remember the aforementioned Tracey had too many captures in his run either. He came in an establish Pokemon Watcher just like Dent is a Sommelier which in my opinion doesnt seem that different from being a watcher just instead of drawing pictures you are critiquing relationships. If he does leave the series and return to the gym he can use a bug/rock type as a grass gym leader it would be the perfect "haha didnt see that coming" moment. I also enjoy Dent as a character even if I still loyal to AG Brock.

Finally I respectfully disagree with your evil orgs arcs list. I say Galactic > Plasma> magma/Aqua mainly due to the fact the Plasma and Magam/Aqua arcs it was just Ash/Pikachu somehow lucking there way into saving the day although at least Aqua/magma had Lance..... Plasma was literally brought to their knees due to the ideals and feelings of Ash and Pikachu. Iris and Dent sad to say were little part of the actual climax and N had a middling role at best. 2.- The Galactic Arc involved all 3 characters Ash, Dawn, and even poor neglected DP brock was chosen by the Lake Trio to save the world (and universe consequently.) There was no pikachus' will pwns all or Ash is the chosen one it was we were the chosen protectors we dont know why but we accept our fate. This is only time in my memory that all 3 people had a major hand in bringing the faction to their knees.
    1.- Well, Tracey's run lasted a year or less, that's why he only had one capture, his run was mostly to showcase Marill
    2.- That would be nice touch but ... Brock/Uxie thing was kinda ... forced, Ash/Azelf and Dawn/Mesprit we're fine, but Brock/Uxie didn't even felt, I didn't feel Iris and Cilan being pushed into the background in the Plasma arc, they and Team Rocket did their part and, without them, Ash wouldn't reach Colress machine, that was an improvement over the Magma/Aqua arc where May and Brock just commanded Silver Wind/Bullet Seed to the sky while Ash did all the job

1.- Well, Tracey's run lasted a year or less, that's why he only had one capture, his run was mostly to showcase Marill
    2.- That would be nice touch but ... Brock/Uxie thing was kinda ... forced, Ash/Azelf and Dawn/Mesprit we're fine, but Brock/Uxie didn't even felt, I didn't feel Iris and Cilan being pushed into the background in the Plasma arc, they and Team Rocket did their part and, without them, Ash wouldn't reach Colress machine, that was an improvement over the Magma/Aqua arc where May and Brock just commanded Silver Wind/Bullet Seed to the sky while Ash did all the job
    Ok I forgot how long OI lasted.

Iris and Dent was more useful than May and Brock for sure.I do agree Brock's part in Galactic's Arc was forced I mean Ash and Dawn had theres resolved long before the Arc. Brock was kinda fit in directly after Ash lost to Paul.

I've been asking this long before Da began.

Not sure if this is unpopular, but

Early BW > Early DP/AG/Johto/Kanto

Early BW was really good. I have to say. Aside from the two travelling companions who I'm not a big fan of, early BW was interesting and had some really good fillers. I thought the one with Gothielle on the bridge was a pretty touching episode. Same goes for the Munna Episode. It's sad, because BW could've possibly become my favourite saga after DP (nothing can pass DP... for now :3)

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Not sure if this is unpopular, but

Early BW > Early DP/AG/Johto/Kanto

Early BW was really good. I have to say. Aside from the two travelling companions who I'm not a big fan of, early BW was interesting and had some really good fillers. I thought the one with Gothielle on the bridge was a pretty touching episode. Same goes for the Munna Episode. It's sad, because BW could've possibly become my favourite saga after DP (nothing can pass DP... for now :3)
    Other than Iris's catch phrase, I actually didn't mind early BW either.

-Trip was more of a threat back then
    -Cilan seemed like he was doing more
    -Tepig was till small and cute
    -Snivy was badass back then
    -Oshawott was better used back then and was treated less of a joke all the time
    -Georgia seemed like she was more of a threat

My ideal battle ever!

If those TR vs. TP episodes had aired, I would say BW would have a much better chance of being the most popular series based on solely the first 20 or so episodes. However, since the episodes didn't air, I am guessing Kanto is still wearing that crown. The first episode, St.Anne arc, Sabrina arc, Kanto starter arc and Butterfree's goodbye really push it over the edge.

Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast