Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1371

Thread: Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    They should have let May keep that Swablu.
    Yeah, an Altaria on May's team would had been awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Faith on humanity: Restored

I thought I was the only BW fan over here, and I totally agree with 00poke_maniac about DP too
    Of course not :P I'm a BW fan myself, I'm just not very vocal about it.

Anyway, talking about the girls:
    - I actually wasn't so fond about May's Torchic evolving, yes, in AG times, it's moveset was .... awful, and yes, it was a "symbol" of her "maturity" and blah blah blah but I don't really like Blaziken as a Pokémon
    - I didn't liked May's team as a whole, too ... Bulbasaur was a nice twist and promoted FR/LG, but Munchlax, Squirtle and Eevee were too much, I mean, the "Hoenn Princess" just had 3 Hoenn Pokémon, the rest were Kanto and Sinnoh Pokémon
    May's Torchic reminds me a lot of Iris's Axew watching older episodes, unfortunately Axew might not get the blessing of evolution. Though Axew is at least more competent and capable a battler than Torchic. I wasn't fond of Blaziken as a Pokemon either, but still I really liked Combusken and was overall glad Blaziken reached its final form. May was the first girl with a powerhouse during her run. Torchic moveset was awful iirc, Peck, Ember, and Quick Attack. Very poor.

Munchlax was for DP, Squirtle and Bulbasaur were FRLG, Eevee was for DP and FRLG with Eevee being a popular Pokemon and evolving into Glaceon. I thought they were all handled better than Dawn's Ad Pokemon for the most part. Mamoswine, Cyndaquil, and Togekiss all had their flaws and Buneary and Pachirisu(And Cyndaquil) were largely stagnate. Piplup was just overused and had a taxing personality.

So many discussions about DP vs. BW... :/

I honestly find AG the best series so far. This seems an unpopular opinion, since the AG fans are so rare nowadays.
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 13th May 2013 at 2:44 AM.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post

I honestly find AG the best series so far. This seems an unpopular opinion, since the AG fans are so rare nowadays.
    Most AG fans seems to like BW. Or maybe they just hate DP so much they defend the lesser of 2 evils.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Most AG fans seems to like BW. Or maybe they just hate DP so much they defend the lesser of 2 evils.
    Well, I'm an AG fan and I like DP. Maybe I'm just odd.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Which is strange considering that AG didn't have much in common with BW and had more in common with DP. I thought DP fans and AG fans tended to cluster together.

Wait, people actually like Oshawott?

Yeah, AG was a good saga. Though this isn't meant to spawn any form of series war, I found AG to be largely more entertaining and better a series than DP. It's funny because all of AG Ash lacked a rival and yet I felt heavily invested in his character without the need of another character to keep him interesting. He lost a lot of steam in DP and even with Paul there he was just such a bore sometimes, I felt like I was waiting for episodes to be over Ash's demeanor was so stale and worn down. Spouting generic Shounen stuff almost all the time and having an extremely cookie-cutter personality that felt like it was carved from the mold of any ol' run-of-the-mill action, hopeful anime protag. It didn't help that DP's fillers were pretty mundane most of the time and his team's personality faltered and stagnated for periods of time heavily after early DP too much for me to feel invested in them heavily. Some Pokemon were tossed in too late, some given too much screen time, some given too little screen time and the gyms peaked at Fantina. I didn't feel like they were even trying with Candice for example, though Volkner was a step-up in terms of quality. Byron just consisted mostly of attacking and had no twist to make it interesting. I had become a tad jaded with Dawn's character after early DP and Brock got treated pretty mediocre outside of some rare episodes or moments of focus. The rivals weren't anything to write home about, Kenny, Barry, Zoey, etc. and Ursula's character didn't feel like it stood on its own very well. Though Paul was a good rival and worked well.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 13th May 2013 at 2:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Yeah, an Altaria on May's team would had been awesome
    Agreed. Better than Bulbasaur and Squirtle clones. Also a Clamperl for her has always been a dream of mines.

My ideal battle ever!

That's not really true. I like DP more than BW.

Not me, out of the three you mentioned, only BW has any appeal to me.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post

May's Torchic reminds me a lot of Iris's Axew watching older episodes, unfortunately Axew might not get the blessing of evolution. Though Axew is at least more competent and capable a battler than Torchic. I wasn't fond of Blaziken as a Pokemon either, but still I really liked Combusken and was overall glad Blaziken reached its final form. May was the first girl with a powerhouse during her run. Torchic moveset was awful iirc, Peck, Ember, and Quick Attack. Very poor.

Munchlax was for DP, Squirtle and Bulbasaur were FRLG, Eevee was for DP and FRLG with Eevee being a popular Pokemon and evolving into Glaceon. I thought they were all handled better than Dawn's Ad Pokemon for the most part. Mamoswine, Cyndaquil, and Togekiss all had their flaws and Buneary and Pachirisu(And Cyndaquil) were largely stagnate. Piplup was just overused and had a taxing personality.
    Axew at least showed he is not THAT helpless in BWs2Da!02 (kinda long title, even in summary) finding herbs all by itself to help Meowth, Torchic was very spoiled and helpless, when they got separated, it just started to cry (=_=)

Me too, the only flaws I see in AG was May's team and "Kanto" Battle Frontier (Mt. Moon, Fighting Dojou and Oak's lab ... not Kanto (-_-)), but I like BW as a close second just because May >>>>> All (She should get AT LEAST one freaking Chronicle, EVEN HER TAKING BREAKFAST WOULD BE FINE (¬_¬))

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Agreed. Better than Bulbasaur and Squirtle clones. Also a Clamperl for her has always been a dream of mines.
    I actually was thinking on Spheal/Sealeo instead of Squirtle (even when I actually liked May's Squirtle for being such a troll ) and Nuzleaf/Tropius instead of Bulbasaur
    Last edited by Squirtle_007; 13th May 2013 at 3:11 AM.

I am a DP fan but I enjoy BW just not as much. I must say Ag is more least favorite but that is only becasue I am that rare person that enjoyed Johto lol.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    I am that rare person that enjoyed Johto lol.
    I thought Johto was great myself, even the fillers.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

The very beginning of Johto while Ash still has Charizard and Squirtle is OK, and late Master Quest is pretty good.

Its really just the entire middle of Johto that's a mess, but there was the occasional good filler mostly about Team Rocket. I think the Team Rocket based fillers were the best ones in Johto, especially the Wobbufett episodes.

[QUOTE=Pokemaniac24;15978682]This is not an unpopular opinion at all, Fer.[/QUOTE
    It's because sometimes the limit between a popular and a unpopular is thin and subjective.

Not to mention Iris will officially be the shortest lived female lead of the series when she leaves in a few months.

We've gotten to the point where a female lead only lasted for 3 measly years. She's going to be remembered as the girl who lasted the least amount of time in the show.
    I think that Iris is unpopular in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    You are one of the members that like Best Wishes and you are very vocal about it. Also, you have posted at the end in DP and you said that you "love" the "Diamond and Pearl" Contests. You are more "I like DP but I love BW and AG".

Quote Originally Posted by karczx View Post
    This was pretty much my opinion as well. Since BW was a new series, and the writers did experience what they have learned, they would have had a much higher ceiling in order to have 'a new start' roughly comparable to the Kanto season. It seems to me that they were trying out new things, but things didn't turn out so well in the end but it wasn't bad as bad as people say it is. Had they included the struggle between TR and TP then it'd be much better but we wouldn't know exactly.

Also the only reason why Iris would be leaving is because they're rushing the new release of new Pokemon games, so they'd have to wrap it all up within a relatively short window of time. It doesn't mean that Iris isn't necessarily less popular than all the other girls.

http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/chara/41082/

Iris (#3) is still relatively popular compared to Haruka (#2) and Hikari (#1).
    Since when the poll was opened? Because if it's open recently, it is a hint that Dawn and May are way popular than Iris, even when the latter is the most recent.

Another unpopular opinion:
    Misty has the most absolute popular girls on the pokemon only because this is the girl during the "fad" of Pokemon. And in the fad, pokemon was way more popular than after the "fad".
    May and Dawn (and maybe Iris) has more relative popularity than Misty, at least in Japan, with this order: Dawn > May > Iris > Misty.
    I think that Iris is the least popular female of the history of the for three reasons:
    -Because the character isn't the best to represent the games.
    -Because Iris is a sidekick and not a co-star, specially in BW1.
    -Because Best Wishes is more unpopular than Diamond and Pearl (Ratings).

And a XY predictions unpopular opinion:
    -I think that the outfit of the XY character is similar to the BW character. Many people pointed that. Because this:
    -I think that Ash WON'T change their BW outfit in the transition between BW and XY.
    -I am sure that Ash will dip the team for XY. But with Oshawott I have more doubts.
    -I think that the only way that I can be sure (and even with this) that Oshawott won't be in XY is bringing Piplup back (with the trainer and the goal). Very rare but I see the anime doing many things that they shouldn't do for being up ratings. Games ==/== Anime.
    -I think that Axew is too unpopular for being a mascot pokemon*. Sorry, but I checked merchandise and the main things that I see are Pikachu, Eevee, Eeveelutions (with Sylveon as the leader), Genesect, Mewtwo, Oshawott, Charizard.

*I consider that Axew, given the masoct status, should be the second pokemon in merchandise. But I think that Axew is the 10th-20th depending of the promotion. And I think that Piplup (the previous mascot) has more popularity than Axew "right now" (and we know who is and who isn't in the show).

I don't see why it matters who likes Iris or not. Characters last as long as their generation, she's only short lived because the 5th gen was rushed in general in the games. Coming out at the end of the DS was what screwed this gen over.

I still can't get over the fact that Brock was in the anime for 13 years...sans the small Orange Islands saga. Brock had no business being around for so long as he's not Ash (marketing tool) or Team Rocket (writers crutches).

I don't see why it matters who likes Iris or not. Characters last as long as their generation, she's only short lived because the 5th gen was rushed in general in the games. Coming out at the end of the DS was what screwed this gen over.

I still can't get over the fact that Brock was in the anime for 13 years...sans the small Orange Islands saga. Brock had no business being around for so long as he's not Ash (marketing tool) or Team Rocket (writers crutches).
    When you have characters like TR, Misty, Brock and even Ash to a degree who people lost interest in over time, maybe it's a good thing that Iris is so short lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    When you have characters like TR, Misty, Brock and even Ash to a degree who people lost interest in over time, maybe it's a good thing that Iris is so short lived.
    People here were as tired of May and Dawn during the tail-end of their stay as they was of Misty and as they are now of Iris. This idea that the fanbase had lost interest in Misty in a way comparable to how Ash and Team Rocket are perceived now is completely unsubstantiated and, as much as I hate to introduce anecdotal evidence, I've been here long enough to know that it's not the case. The amount of people complaining about the current female main character is pretty much in-line with how many were complaining in 2002 back on forums like UPN, and 2006 and 2010, perhaps even moreso in Dawn's case due to how grating Piplup was to some people.
    Last edited by Xeice; 13th May 2013 at 5:32 PM.

Such a heating debate

More unpopular (?) opinions from me:

- DA had a really bad opening
    Yes Pokemon isn't known for it's great openings but DA's one is a new low IMO. Although I disliked the other two openings (though the first one was pretty good in animations, and interesting) in BW, I really can't bring myself to like the DA one. I'm not sure if I have too high standards for openings, or I am spoiled by other animes' openings, or maybe I just like male singers lol.

- Spurt isn't the best opening in Pokemon history
    While others might be screaming and yelling, I personally don't think Spurt is the best opening in Pokemon history. In fact, I loved OI openings because I grew up with them, liked AG openings, favoured the second & third DP openings. Full opening of Spurt isn't too impressive, actually.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Yes Pokemon isn't known for it's great openings but DA's one is a new low IMO. Although I disliked the other two openings (though the first one was pretty good in animations, and interesting) in BW, I really can't bring myself to like the DA one. I'm not sure if I have too high standards for openings, or I am spoiled by other animes' openings, or maybe I just like male singers lol.
    Was that unpopular? I thought quite a few people agreed the OP was kinda bland, but the ending was fantastic.

At least they eventually wised up and got rid of Brock. It's too bad they can't do they same with Ash, or TR. It did come across that the writers were losing interest in Ash in BW.

brock at his lowest was still better than Cilan IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    Was that unpopular? I thought quite a few people agreed the OP was kinda bland, but the ending was fantastic.

At least they eventually wised up and got rid of Brock. It's too bad they can't do they same with Ash, or TR. It did come across that the writers were losing interest in Ash in BW.
    I don't know if they were losing interest in him or just like to toy with him at times. But he is still the main character and if he goes, everyone else goes, so think about it for some people who like it when older characters plus older pokemon show up from time to time.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    S
    Yes Pokemon isn't known for it's great openings but DA's one is a new low IMO.
    Huh, I actually really like the DA opening. Like not so much the pictures (though it reminds me of some other anime), I REALLY like the song. Much better than "Be an Arrow" (1st piece).
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I don't know if they were losing interest in him or just like to toy with him at times. But he is still the main character and if he goes, everyone else goes, so think about it for some people who like it when older characters plus older pokemon show up from time to time.
    Right, because Misty and the gang appear so frequently with Ash as the main character. When was Misty's last in the flesh anime appearance again? As far as everyone goes with him is Ash is replaced, not exactly. If the writers ever replaced Ash (Only in my dreams) and it's still in the same universe, the previous cast members can all still appear, only they'll be repackaged. May and Dawn are traveling Coordinators, a new cast of main characters could easily run into them on the road. If there's a new trainer fighting Gym's and we have a filler region, they might go to Kanto and Misty and all the Kanto Gym Leaders get to appear and battle. Prof. Oak will probably still be important in the world of Pokemon, and if the characters go to his lab, there's Tracey. A Pokemon gets sick and the nurses at the Pokemon Center call in a special doctor, there's Brock. Max could be old enough to be a trainer during this time to so he could be like the Coordinators, traveling on the road. I'm sure whatever happens to Cilan and Iris they can return without the need of Ash. All these characters can still appear in the world of Pokemon without Ash, if the writers were creative enough, and this time, they would not be tied down by simply knowing Ash.

Heck, Seto Kaiba appeared in Yugioh GX without the presence of the main character. I know that's different but still.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

brock at his lowest was still better than Cilan IMO.
    I didn't even notice Brock's existence in most DP episodes, and that's a problem when you're supposed to be a main character.

Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast