Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1371

Thread: Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    In my opinon I think Iris was better written then Misty was.
    Your gonna really wish you didn't type this ^^;
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Your gonna really wish you didn't type this ^^;
    I know but I'm the last one to make that opinon. I do like Iris over Misty because she has more epiosdes then her.

I know but I'm the last one to make that opinon. I do like Iris over Misty because she has more epiosdes then her.
    I'm pretty sure there are more Misty centered episodes than Iris considering Misty was there for Kanto, OI, and Johto. If you like Iris better, good for you...but don't twist facts

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Max was basically May's "out of the ball" Pokemon.

Much like Togepi, Piplup and Axew....Max functioned in that way for May.
    I agree. It seems like most people think of May and Max as a set because they're siblings and I don't really blame anyone since Max did seem like an extension of May. :x

In my opinon I think Iris was better written then Misty was.
    Despite being Misty's biggest fan, I actually kind of agree. I think Iris has a better goal and I think her character is written very well. I also think she's a better battler than Misty. However, Misty wins in my book simply because she had a better personality imo. I'll just leave it at that because I really don't want to start a world war.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I agree. It seems like most people think of May and Max as a set because they're siblings and I don't really blame anyone since Max did seem like an extension of May. :x

Despite being Misty's biggest fan, I actually kind of agree. I think Iris has a better goal and I think her character is written very well. I also think she's a better battler than Misty. However, Misty wins in my book simply because she had a better personality imo. I'll just leave it at that because I really don't want to start a world war.
    I see Misty and Iris as one in the same just Iris wasn't as developed in my opinion. That is all I will share.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    I'm pretty sure there are more Misty centered episodes than Iris considering Misty was there for Kanto, OI, and Johto. If you like Iris better, good for you...but don't twist facts
    A lot of Misty centered episodes weren't always about development from what I can remember...just in case though

*raising the flame shield*
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Misty has more episodes than Iris does, but Iris competed in 3 tournaments in only 100 episodes. It took Misty literally her entire 275 episode run to get there.

And even then that's counting minor stuff like the fake Togepi tournament in the episode where it hatched....which really shouldn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    A lot of Misty centered episodes weren't always about development from what I can remember...just in case though

*raising the flame shield*
    I'm not saying Misty had a bunch of development, just more than Iris. All of BW is pretty much a condensed story that would have been told better if Generation V wasn't so short compared to what we were used to the past series. OS is 2 generations but it was written as one compared to how the others were written. 5 years for OS, 4 for AG, and 4 for DP. While with BW, we're getting 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Piplup sounds better in the Dub.
    BLASPHEMY!!!!!1111!!!

Nah, I kid. Though that was a VERY unpopular opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    I'm not saying Misty had a bunch of development, just more than Iris. All of BW is pretty much a condensed story that would have been told better if Generation V wasn't so short compared to what we were used to the past series. OS is 2 generations but it was written as one compared to how the others were written. 5 years for OS, 4 for AG, and 4 for DP. While with BW, we're getting 3 years.
    She chilled out a bit when it came to Ash and got over her fear of Gyarados in Chronicles, but that's it. Plus her Pokemon team were all largely stagnate and underutilized. Doesn't really matter because Misty's early writing held her back, she still had some nice personality and quirks that made her standout on her own though.

EDIT:....Unless TheFonz just posted that because she dislikes Iris...actually I'm positive she did. Really? I'll never understand what is up with you and that girl that you feel the need to argue about her so much.

Double-Edit:Whoops, didn't notice Sushi's character debate warning. Sorry, sorry about that.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 14th May 2013 at 5:12 PM.

In my opinon that the Sinnoh League lacked in many way then the previous League had. It didn't have any intressing charater in the series and really they didn't have much charater devolment when the tournment began or ended. Nando could have been an interessing rival for Ash, but he hasn't been shown how his battling style was and only battle Ash twice in the series. Also I think that he should have been place in a six on six match then three on three because we could have seen some of his other Pokemon that haven't battle yet that would in contest like Altaria or Sunflora. Barry had the same treatment as Binaca did in Pokemon Black and White.

What I hated about the Sinnoh league is how the writers teased us about bringing back old Pokemon that didn't do anything in the league. We saw both Muk and Glalie but they didn't get a single battle.

Also Torterra not getting a single win in the league was bizarre.

What I hated about the Sinnoh league is how the writers teased us about bringing back old Pokemon that didn't do anything in the league. We saw both Muk and Glalie but they didn't get a single battle.

Also Torterra not getting a single win in the league was bizarre.
    Can't please everyone. The main focus of that league was clearly Paul vs. Ash so therefore Pikachu and Infernape were the focal pokemon. Sadly Torterra and Starraptor got owned by that awesome Drapion. Drapion was meant to fall to Gliscor to show off its off screen training. Buizel beat Tortidon to show off Ice punch. Nando got tons of time in the GF because he was closer to matching with Dawn than Ash anyway. I was happy that they brought back some but when I didnt see the Kanto team I knew they werent serious. I would love the Kanto team to come back in the Karos league maybe then Ash would win.....

In my opinon that the Sinnoh League lacked in many way then the previous League had. It didn't have any intressing charater in the series and really they didn't have much charater devolment when the tournment began or ended. Nando could have been an interessing rival for Ash, but he hasn't been shown how his battling style was and only battle Ash twice in the series. Also I think that he should have been place in a six on six match then three on three because we could have seen some of his other Pokemon that haven't battle yet that would in contest like Altaria or Sunflora. Barry had the same treatment as Binaca did in Pokemon Black and White.
    I agree that the Sinnoh League was different. At the time it was airing, I was disappointed that a bunch of the League stuff we usually saw wasn't shown on screen. I agree with CyberCubed too, we got pretty teased. Imagine how awesome the Sinnoh League would have been if it was kinda mixed with Hoenn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    Can't please everyone. The main focus of that league was clearly Paul vs. Ash so therefore Pikachu and Infernape were the focal pokemon. Sadly Torterra and Starraptor got owned by that awesome Drapion. Drapion was meant to fall to Gliscor to show off its off screen training. Buizel beat Tortidon to show off Ice punch. Nando got tons of time in the GF because he was closer to matching with Dawn than Ash anyway. I was happy that they brought back some but when I didnt see the Kanto team I knew they werent serious. I would love the Kanto team to come back in the Karos league maybe then Ash would win.....
    I imagined that Ash was saving the Kanto Quartet if he won the League. It made sense to me, like how he saved them for last in the Battle Frontier. If Ash were to win a League, using his lesser used Pokémon mixed with some powerhouses would be the best case scenario. Although it would be a pretty long league(which I would love btw)
    Last edited by TheFonz; 14th May 2013 at 8:17 PM.

You know its kinda of surprising when you realize the Johto league was the last league Charizard was ever in.

Charizard wasn't used in the Hoenn league, Sinnoh league, or Unova league. Its actually rather funny when you realize its been an entire decade since Charizard was in a league.

You know its kinda of surprising when you realize the Johto league was the last league Charizard was ever in.

Charizard wasn't used in the Hoenn league, Sinnoh league, or Unova league. Its actually rather funny when you realize its been an entire decade since Charizard was in a league.
    Maybe that's because Ash had gotten more pokemon since then and that the writers knew that his other pokemon needed to shine too or am I missing something?

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Maybe that's because Ash had gotten more pokemon since then and that the writers knew that his other pokemon needed to shine too or am I missing something?
    That's true. Even if Ash uses Charizard its not like he's gonna win if the plot wants him to lose

It was how they were fubbling around with the filler and Dawn losing her contest that to belem here

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I don't know about you, but it was pretty obvious torkoal was never gonna shine. Replacing him early wouldn't have made a difference. IMO anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I don't know about you, but it was pretty obvious torkoal was never gonna shine. Replacing him early wouldn't have made a difference. IMO anyways.
    He did had that long battle with Registeel

Um, no. Misty also has her centered episodes. You can like Iris more than Misty, but don't change facts here.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    Um, no. Misty also has her centered episodes. You can like Iris more than Misty, but don't change facts here.
    I'm pretty sure he means by this point in the series Iris has more episode than Misty. He didn't say Misty never had episode at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I'm pretty sure he means by this point in the series Iris has more episode than Misty. He didn't say Misty never had episode at all.
    That's what I think too i mean Iris has 124 eps so far Misty had 275 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    That's what I think too i mean Iris has 124 eps so far Misty had 275 lol
    What I mean that Iris had more episode then Misty is that Iris had more focus in a shorter time then Misty did

He did had that long battle with Registeel
    He was oaked for the entirety of battle frontier and barely did anything in all of Hoenn itself. Plus he lost.

Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast