Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1371

Thread: Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

I have always supported character replacements. I wish the old characters would get better treatment and maybe a cameo every now and again even if they don't speak, just seeing them like on a TV, like have a GF televised on some random TV with the coordinators on it, or have some Nurse Joy's mention Brock as a up and coming doctor, a dragon tamer could mention Iris as a prodigy, stuff like that. But I support the characters leaving the main cast. I still want Ash himself to leave. Character replacement is always going to be a unpopular opinion because it doesn't just stem from the side characters. Plenty of fans who don't like Dawn, Brock, Cilan or Iris love it when they leave and will support character replacements, but when it comes down to a popular character like Ash leaving, they'll kick and scream that they hate the idea. So the majority usually find character replacing bad but will support it when it's a character they don't like that is leaving.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

^I'm probably in the minority then. I want Dento and Iris to leave, and I want it to hurt. Mostly because I want what (I feel) is best for the characters rather than both of them dragged a long just people wanting them off the show.

As for Ash. Meh he can stay. It'd feel like a waste of 15 years or whatever if they boot him off now. ._. Like it'd feel like one of those stories that they could have ended 500 pages ago but never did because it had to be so long and drawn out.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    She could try them out at least once. Also, Misty hadn't even reached her full potential at the time she left (Hoenn is known for its water, so...).

And it's better than TR doing absolutely nothing of interest for TWO WHOLE REGIONS, spouting out lame lines each time they open their mouths...
    People already didn't care for Misty in Johto, so it would have been even worse for her in Hoenn. Although assuming she was written better it might have been different.

They probably should have dropped all the original series characters at the end of Johto though.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    It amazes me how good the last few sagas of the anime were when you think back to them. We didn't realize it as they were airing, but that's probably the best the anime will ever get. The writers acknowledged what was mishandled in Johto and improved the series tremendously.

DP really should have been the climax of Ash's story.
    When did they acknowledge Johto was mishandled?

As for the DP part, not really. Just cause Ash placed highest doesn't mean he won and achieved the goal he's been striving for in the entire show. His story should carry on until he wins the league. If for whatever reason they drop his character before he wins the league, then i'll agree with you (unless he happens to place in the Top 4/2).

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    It's amazing how this thread has turned from an unpopular opinions thread to a dumping grounds for people's complaints.
    You mean you didn't see this coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    When did they acknowledge Johto was mishandled?

As for the DP part, not really. Just cause Ash placed highest doesn't mean he won and achieved the goal he's been striving for in the entire show. His story should carry on until he wins the league. If for whatever reason they drop his character before he wins the league, then i'll agree with you (unless he happens to place in the Top 4/2).
    Takeshi Shudo quit the show because he was disgusted with the way the Johto saga was written. He was losing control of the anime and that accounts to why Johto was so different than Kanto.

All the big changes for AG all happened as a direct result of how poorly received Johto was in its original run.

Takeshi Shudo quit the show because he was disgusted with the way the Johto saga was written. He was losing control of the anime and that accounts to why Johto was so different than Kanto.

All the big changes for AG all happened as a direct result of how poorly received Johto was in its original run.
    Ah, so in other words there was no real acknowledgment to Johto's mishandling other than the viewers who noticed the changes from OS to AG and DP.

Shudo wasn't happy with him losing control over the anime, but he never expressed any kind of feelings or words like disgusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Ah, so in other words there was no real acknowledgment to Johto's mishandling other than the viewers who noticed the changes from OS to AG and DP.

Shudo wasn't happy with him losing control over the anime, but he never expressed any kind of feelings or words like disgusted.
    He literally quit the show because he felt that he couldn't do with the Pokemon anime what he wanted. I think that accounts to being disappointed with it.

Aside from Shudo deciding to axe Misty from the series, the other writers probably talked with him a bit about what else to change about the anime. I truly believe "mature Ash," the splitting of the starters among the main cast, making May (and later Dawn) into lead females, and the Contests were probably all a result of Shudo's doing too.

When Shudo was in charge of the anime the show had big changes and didn't stick to a repetitive formula. He tried new things and dropped were didn't work.
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 4th June 2013 at 6:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    ^I'm probably in the minority then. I want Dento and Iris to leave, and I want it to hurt. Mostly because I want what (I feel) is best for the characters rather than both of them dragged a long just people wanting them off the show.

As for Ash. Meh he can stay. It'd feel like a waste of 15 years or whatever if they boot him off now. ._. Like it'd feel like one of those stories that they could have ended 500 pages ago but never did because it had to be so long and drawn out.
    Pretty much summed up my feelings, no point in a character being dragged out for too long. I enjoyed their times on the show but it's simply time to move on, I like character replacing. I wouldn't have never gotten Iris as an MC if I hadn't let go of May, it's natural progression. Ash's traveling companions are a big part of the reason I watch the show, if I can have one I can be feel attached to and like I'll really enjoy the show more. Not that I find Ash boring or his badge quest boring, but Ash has a vague, stationary yo-yo-ing goal and with a raison d'ętre that's going no where fast I feel like there should be more when it comes to the companions. I don't expect for him to be replaced and, shrugs, might as well keep him.

People already didn't care for Misty in Johto, so it would have been even worse for her in Hoenn. Although assuming she was written better it might have been different.

They probably should have dropped all the original series characters at the end of Johto though.
    The same could be said for Team Rocket, some thought they were too repetitive (while I agree they were repetitive, the trio themselves were still likable; the Kanto formula just worked better for them). Anything bad that could have happened to Misty is better than what they did with TR.

Not that I'm saying she'd automatically make the show good. My point is that if I were Shudo, I would have kept Misty (remember, the alternative is my/his precious TR being degraded).
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    The same could be said for Team Rocket, some thought they were too repetitive (while I agree they were repetitive, the trio themselves were still likable; the Kanto formula just worked better for them). Anything bad that could have happened to Misty is better than what they did with TR.

Not that I'm saying she'd automatically make the show good. My point is that if I were Shudo, I would have kept Misty (remember, the alternative is my/his precious TR being degraded).
    The real alternative is they should have dropped everyone.

I realised that I've been straying away from Pokemon Anime for awhile lol.

Not sure if it's unpopular but...
    - Anything post league that lasts more than two months should be kicked off
    Honestly, Episode N and DA did not appeal to me in the slightest sense, but repelled me from continue watching. The 'ideal' post league should've been five episodes, one for lab, four for character developments. They should've put Episode N and DA during BW. Like Episode N spread out over BW1 and DA being similar to Whirl Islands (eg. Between Gym 8 and Undella Bay).

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I realised that I've been straying away from Pokemon Anime for awhile lol.

Not sure if it's unpopular but...
    - Anything post league that lasts more than two months should be kicked off
    Honestly, Episode N and DA did not appeal to me in the slightest sense, but repelled me from continue watching. The 'ideal' post league should've been five episodes, one for lab, four for character developments. They should've put Episode N and DA during BW. Like Episode N spread out over BW1 and DA being similar to Whirl Islands (eg. Between Gym 8 and Undella Bay).
    Yea lol, pretty much not really unpopular there. Most people hate the poor distribution of the mini sagas in and overall.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Agreed, I haven't been this bored with the anime since we were in the early/mid parts of Johto.

It literally feels like nothing is happening. This is the same way I felt sitting through the Johto fillers.

I wonder if the poor and rushed way BW was handled, which led to where we are at now, Was part of them not knowing for sure if this gen would have remakes or not, so they trued to really rush everything early on if not having a full four years for the gen like the last two.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I wonder if the poor and rushed way BW was handled, which led to where we are at now, Was part of them not knowing for sure if this gen would have remakes or not, so they trued to really rush everything early on if not having a full four years for the gen like the last two.
    Based on my memory which is not exactly reliable I remember it has been proved multiple times that the anime script workers have information about the games well in advance. Heck, I think all of the Pokemon employees including the Smash hosts get the game way before it is actually released. So, I am sure they will know any news of games very well in advance. I think Best Wishes was supposed to be this way, with TR subplots perhaps replaced by Team Plasma plot early on. They must have overestimated their ability of writing and expected to drag on with fillers. At some point when it was too late, they realized it was better if they leave BW to the air and write lazily with more emphasis on comedy.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

It literally feels like nothing is happening. This is the same way I felt sitting through the Johto fillers.
    I don't think any filler beats that Drifloon sinnoh filler in terms of terribleness. I dont even remember what happened, but it was an early episode, between 30-40

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I don't think any filler beats that Drifloon sinnoh filler in terms of terribleness. I dont even remember what happened, but it was an early episode, between 30-40
    The drifloon filler wasnt bad....it showed the only married Joy and her 2 daughters, Suicune got a cameo, it was also the few adventures with Ash sans Dawn/Brock in the who series. I wouldn't say terrible (Then again I love Suicune.)

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    The drifloon filler wasnt bad....it showed the only married Joy and her 2 daughters, Suicune got a cameo, it was also the few adventures with Ash sans Dawn/Brock in the who series. I wouldn't say terrible (Then again I love Suicune.)
    I think it was pretty bad, but we've al got different opinions. But actually, I was wrong. The worst filler is easily the sunflora filler at the beginning of johto. It was the only episode I have ever skipped.

Agreed, I haven't been this bored with the anime since we were in the early/mid parts of Johto.

At least Johto had a good beginning and a great end. BW had an interesting beginning that went nowhere and will most likely end with nothing.

"Hey! But Ash won that random filler tournament with Pikachu and the Scalchop tournament!"
    ^Who cares?

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

When it comes right down to it, The Diamond and Pearl arc was probably the one I didn't like the most in a number of ways.

- First, There were too many fillers in the place where they could've done a Platinum Battle Frontier mini-arc
    - HGSS was only promoted very small with a few episodes with Lyra appearing in plus only one episode of the PokeAthlon. It could've been promoted more in the show.
    - The whole one year gap between Snowpoint Gym and Sunnyshore Gym

The whole thing about the fillers were just what tuned me out about mid-way through the series. Yeah there were some good ones, but the fact that almost everything between Snowpoint and Sunnyshore was plain fillers. The Galactic climax doesn't count, but I still could've seen that the Distortion World could've been shown during it. I mean, The Distortion World was really cool in the games and just seeing it in the anime would have been really awesome.

Now that about HGSS, I can in fact see that they could've promoted Johto just a little bit more during the saga. I know that they did kinda with Ash and Gligar plus others, but I didn't think that they show enough that they could have been. Something like the Battle Frontier and PokeAthlon could've been shown off (in PokeAthlon's case, just more than one episode) more. I mean, They showed off the Contests a lot back during the AG arc and I don't think that showing the same amount of love to the PokeAthlon would have been that bad. I mean, I liked the PokeAthlon and I think that it could have been shown off more during the arc.

And besides that, That is all I have to say about this matter.

Smashin' !

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post

^Who cares?
    People who like to argue for the sake of arguing. :z

They will definitely use this tournament for arguing :[

Well to argue a bit with above post-

The fillers between episode 595 and 647...the gap between the 7th and eigth badges.

602-Promoting Healthy Tangrowth
    603 Beating The Bustle & Hustle!
    605 Three Sides to Every Story
    607, 608, 610.
    I didn't count the Johto promotion arc as a filler...because well it did develop Lyra :x lol
    616, 617, 628, 632, 636, 637, 641, 646

Among 52 episides 14 were fillers, that's 25%........it beats 100% though trolololol

I think it is quite impressive to fill that gap with just 14 fillers and only few of them came in a row.
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 5th June 2013 at 8:06 PM.

<--My tumblr

\

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    People who like to argue for the sake of arguing. :z

They will definitely use this tournament for arguing :[
    Then they need to learn to come up with actual points for an argument

Quote Originally Posted by DaAuraWolf View Post
    When it comes right down to it, The Diamond and Pearl arc was probably the one I didn't like the most in a number of ways.

- First, There were too many fillers in the place where they could've done a Platinum Battle Frontier mini-arc
    - HGSS was only promoted very small with a few episodes with Lyra appearing in plus only one episode of the PokeAthlon. It could've been promoted more in the show.

The whole thing about the fillers were just what tuned me out about mid-way through the series. Yeah there were some good ones, but the fact that almost everything between Snowpoint and Sunnyshore was plain fillers. The Galactic climax doesn't count, but I still could've seen that the Distortion World could've been shown during it. I mean, The Distortion World was really cool in the games and just seeing it in the anime would have been really awesome.

Now that about HGSS, I can in fact see that they could've promoted Johto just a little bit more during the saga. I know that they did kinda with Ash and Gligar plus others, but I didn't think that they show enough that they could have been. Something like the Battle Frontier and PokeAthlon could've been shown off (in PokeAthlon's case, just more than one episode) more. I mean, They showed off the Contests a lot back during the AG arc and I don't think that showing the same amount of love to the PokeAthlon would have been that bad. I mean, I liked the PokeAthlon and I think that it could have been shown off more during the arc.

Okay guys, break out that list that shows how much important stuff happened in the year from Badge 7 to 8 for the guy who didn't get the memo. I agree Johto needed better referencing for the remakes though
    Last edited by TheFonz; 5th June 2013 at 7:59 PM.

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by DaAuraWolf View Post

it seems you neglect to realize that Dawn is as much a main character in Dp as Ash so the year in between Kisssaki and Nagisa isn't all filler.... You have Ash vs. Paul full battle, the galactic arc, 4 contest, pokemon ping pong(only important for ambipom), Grand festival and the futaba festival. Ash fought 2 Elite 4 members and the tower tycoon. If all that is filler I'm happy you don't define filler because why watch anything with more than one plot point......

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Okay guys, break out that list that shows how much important stuff happened in the year from Badge 7 to 8 for the guy who didn't get the memo. I agree Johto needed better referencing for the remakes though
    Your wish is my command.

Spoiler:

Anyway, I don't know if that's unpopular, but... I enjoyed the Team Galactic finale more than the Team Plasma one. And before anyone says that I prefer TG "because it's DP", then I say... no, that's not the reason.

I found TG more consistent than TP and everybody (yes, even Brock) had an important role in the climax. With TP, it was more about Ash vs. N vs. Ghetsis.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Your wish is my command.

Spoiler:

Anyway, I don't know if that's unpopular, but... I enjoyed the Team Galactic finale more than the Team Plasma one. And before anyone says that I prefer TG "because it's DP", then I say... no, that's not the reason.

I found TG more consistent than TP and everybody (yes, even Brock) had an important role in the climax. With TP, it was more about Ash vs. N vs. Ghetsis.
    Team Galactic was very good actually. The climax was well...slightly off but it was stil good. Episode N isn't bad either, but the expectations we had thanks to the games well kinda made it look bad.

Ghetsis? Lol, Ghetsis was more like a joke in Episode N and he looked extremely weak.

Spoiler:- Useless Information Irrelevant to the thread:

<--My tumblr

\

Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152535455 LastLast