Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring 2013

Default Spring 2013

The Spring season of 2013 approaches, and with it a whole new range of anime.

Spoiler:- The chart:

This chart is going to turn MAL into a **** storm of "Ponies are anime!"

Anyway, the question is, as always, what will everyone be watching?

As for me, I'll be watching the following:

TV Shows:

• Red Data Girl - P.A. Works is always worth a watch.
    • Devil Survivor 2
    • Yuyushiki - I assume it's just going to be cute girls doing cute data processing, hard to see where it can go wrong.
    • Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. - Obviously watching because I loved the first season, the switch over in animation studio to A-1 Pictures certainly doesn't hurt it any though.
    • Shingeki no Kyojin - Watching this purely because the PV looks amazing.
    • Hayate no Gotoku! - Hopefully this is better than the last season, may give up on the series if it isn't.
    • Suiseui no Gargantia - It's an Urobuchi Gen anime, and he has a fairly good strike rate.
    • Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S - Loved the first season of Railgun, hopefully the second can be just as good.
    • Haiyore! Nyurako-san W - Once again, loved the first season and hopefully this one can be just as good.
    • Aiura - More cute girls doing cute things, I'm always down for that.
    • Photo Kano - Madhouse 'nuff said.

As always, there is bound to be at least one show I pick up that I didn't originally plan to.
    OVAs/Specials:

• Code:Breaker
    • Gundam Unicorn Episode 6
    • Puchimas
    • Girls und Panzer

Movies:

• Hanasaku Iroha: Home Sweet Home - More Hanasaku Iroha is never a bad thing, the quality of it will only be enhanced in movie form, the only downside being the wait for BD release.
    • Dragonball Z: Kami to Kami - Watching purely for the kid inside me.
    • Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryouiki no Deja vu - Pretty much the same as Hanasaku Iroha, it's not a bad thing, better quality in a movie, downside being a wait for BDs etc.
    • Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kaku - I don't think it's actually been confirmed whether this will be a TV series, OVA or a movie yet, but I'll put it here since it's listed under movies on the chart, I still have a tiny amount of faith in the TV adaptations of Higurashi, and really, if I could get through Kira I can get through this.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Not gonna give a discription on everything cuz i b lazy

TV Series
    • Otona Joshi no Anime Time
      Danchi Tomoo
      DBZ Crossover Specials
      - Because fyeah Dragonball
      Ore ****ing no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai - Confirmed to be the best thing airing
      Yuyusiki
      My Little Pony~ Tomodachi wa Mahou - I highly doubt the Japanese VA's can keep the same quality as the orginal. This should interesting. Those songs will now bw J-pop
      Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san
      Hentai Ouji to Warawanai
      - Has the word Hentai
      Aku no Hana
      Photo Kano
      - Been waiting for this.
      Aiura

BD/OVA/Specials
    • Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Chan
      Mangirl!
      Yama no Susume

Movies
    • Hanasaku Iroha: Home Sweet Home - Because Ohana and dat animation. But dat wait
      Dragonball Z: Kami to Kami Because fyeah Dragon Ball
      Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kaku - Because Mion

A lot of sequels to shows I haven't started yet. I might of picked up more if that wasn't the case. Also to much action this season and not enough drama.
    Last edited by Jb; 14th February 2013 at 3:23 PM.

Karneval TV series?

That means I'll be following one new anime for each of two consecutive seasons what is this
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

OH MY GOD TRAIN HEROES IS FINALLY COMING GUYS. ARE YOU HYPED?!!!!!

Watching:

Toaru Kagaku no RailgunS allowed
    Devil Survivorier 2
    (I haven't played the games but that's okay... right?)
    Little Witch Macadamia Nuts because Trigger
    Had-a-snacku Iroha: Home Sweat Home
    Steins%Gay: Holy Crap I just had Deja Vu

and:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Ore ****ing no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai - Confirmed to be the best thing airing
    Though I didn't enjoy OreImo as much as some people did (Kirino was kinda irritating) I'll still watch the next season.

My list is small now since I'm probably going to wait to see what people recommend later as usual.

TV
    • aiura
    • aku no hana
    • karneval
    • ore no imouto ga konna ni kawaii wake ga nai.
    • yahari ore no seishun love come wa machigatteiru
    • yuyushiki

OVA / SPECIAL / MOVIE
    • hanasaku iroha: home sweet home
    • higurashi no naku koro ni kaku

looking forward to karneval and ore no imouto the most.

Not sure what im excited for here i think ima just wait and see what people recommend

TV:

Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Own the game. Love it. Dying to see it animated.
    Shingeki no Kyojin Saw the PV for it and fell in love. Dying to see it as well.
    Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. Looks interesting.
    Aku no Hana Also looks interesting.

BD/DVD/OVA/SPECIALS

Dakara Boku-ha, H ga Dekinai Saw the series. So why not watch this?
    Highschool DxD Loved the series. Want to see this.

Overall, not too much. A lot of the series up there seem to be sequels and such that I have not originally seen. None of the movies catch my eye at the moment, but that may change. And if anything gets hyped over, I'll probably pick that up too since I know better than to judge things by their descriptions.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

I'm not sure how interested I'd be in OreImo II, but going off the general tenor of the first series, would you recommend that I watch that beforehand?

Also, I'm still not sure about Nyaruko. I've heard good things, but whenever I try to look into things Cthulhu Mythos-related, I have to fight back the urge to screech about how much of a racist turd bag H.P. Lovecraft is.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Gundams and lots of new mecha shows. Goooood.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 20 is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    I'm not sure how interested I'd be in OreImo II, but going off the general tenor of the first series, would you recommend that I watch that beforehand?
    Of course watch the first season first, I see no reason to skip it and just watch the second.

Also, I'm still not sure about Nyaruko. I've heard good things, but whenever I try to look into things Cthulhu Mythos-related, I have to fight back the urge to screech about how much of a racist turd bag H.P. Lovecraft is.
    Everything is better when it is carried out by cute girls, Nyaruko-san is no exception.
    My Anime List

...I read the summary of that Arata anime.

Genderbending?

Insta watch.

And I also wanna watch the "hentai" one.

I don't feel like spelling out their full names. XD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Hentai Ouji to Warawanai - Has the word Hentai
    You may be disappointed.

It seems pretty early to be thinking about the spring season. I know for definite that I'll watch A Certain Scientific Railgun S - it's the show I'm most excited for right now. Since I've watched previous seasons of Hayate the Combat Butler and Oreimo, I'll watch those too (with lower expectations than Railgun S).

As for new stuff, Attack on Titan looks cool, and Red Data Girl could be good. There's a good chance that I'll also check out at least one of the new romantic comedies (Date A Live is the most likely right now). Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge sounds so ridiculous that I'm tempted to try it purely out of curiosity. And when the season actually starts, there's bound to be more stuff worth a look.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    You may be disappointed.
    I'm assuming he will...

though it is at least ecchi. XD I enjoyed the manga at the very least.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I fear Shingeki no kyojin. Since it has the director of guilty crown.

Double if it's overhyped like SAO.

But aside from that, I'm going to watch it along with

Red Data Girl
    Date A Live
    Karneval
    Oreimo 2
    Devil Survivor 2
    Suisei no Gargantia
    Hataraku Maou Sama
    Arata Kangatari
    Railgun
    Aku no Hana
    Photo Kano
    Yahari
    Hentai Ouji
    Dansai buri

Man, That's a lot of shows. Good thing I'm on vacation when it starts
    Last edited by AceFlonne; 17th February 2013 at 7:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AceFlonne View Post
    I fear Shingeki no kyojin. Since it has the director of guilty crown.
    If it makes you feel any better, he also directed Death Note.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

If it makes you feel any better, he also directed Death Note.
    After post-L. Nah, it doesn't make me feel any better.

Maybe the Steins;Gate one if it ever gets dubbed. Other than that, nothing of interest for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    OH MY GOD TRAIN HEROES IS FINALLY COMING GUYS. ARE YOU HYPED?!!!!!
    The best part is that the studio animating it is called Cartoon Animation. Cartoon Animation. Clearly we are dealing with visionaries beyond the likes the world has ever seen.

New Nyarko-san? Yeah, I'm totally up for more fun from my favourite amoral 'officer of the law' (sorry Inferno Cop). Otherwise, things look mostly myeh.
    Done here.

Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    The best part is that the studio animating it is called Cartoon Animation. Cartoon Animation. Clearly we are dealing with visionaries beyond the likes the world has ever seen.
    Contender for Anime of the Year for sure. Right up there with Inferno Cop.

I'm so going to watch Shingeki no kyojin however seeing how the director is guilty crown, My expectations for good execution is low.

But I'm going to watch it and Date A Live. I might watch more if people like it.
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE

You may be disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    I'm assuming he will...

I didn't say that because I though it would have hentai in it lol.

I already have the latest hentai list

I can see why people are fearing the director of Shingeki no kyojin but look on the bright side, We get a gory shonen with Titans.

I don't see how the director is responsible for the terrible story of Guilty Crown.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    I don't see how the director is responsible for the terrible story of Guilty Crown.
    The writers were the ones who screwed up Guilty Crown. The direction was probably one of the good parts.

I'm not all that interested in Shingeki no Kyojin, but I'll watch it just to fit in. Although if it becomes bad, I'm dropping it in a heartbeat. I'm sick of having to pick sides like with SAO.
    As for everything else...

Girls und Panzer-I've had great fun with this show thus far. I'm glad that the wait is almost over.

Red Data Girl- Seems interesting. I'll give it a watch

Yuyushiki-The obligatory cute girl SoL this season. Definite watch

Ore no Imouto S2-I am so happy that this exists. Loved the first season. It's a shame that this will be the last season. But I'm happy that the original cast has returned. No one can replace Taketatsu and Nakamura.

Kakumeiki Valvrave-Original mecha by Sunrise? I'm curious to see how this turns out

My Little Pony- Tomodachi wa Mahou-Hahahaha! No. My brother forced me to watch the first two episodes of the show and I thought it was stupid. The fandom takes this show way too seriously. I'll just stick to Precure for my weekly dose of shows for little girls.

Suisei no Gargantia-The Urobutcher strikes back. Loved Madoka and Fate/Zero so anything written by him is an immediate must watch for me.

Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko-Looks cute. Will watch

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S-Have to Finish Season 1. But I'll definitely be watching it.

Haiyore Nyaruko-san W-I'll see what I think of Season 1

Photo Kano-Madhouse? Harems? Sounds good to me

Movies

Hanasaku Iroha: Home Sweet Home-Of course I won't see this for months, but I'm really hyped for this movie given that I loved the show. More Ohana is never a bad thing.

Dragonball Z- Battle of the Gods-I can't wait to see this. Although I can wait for the dub. I don't care how long it takes, I refuse to watch this subbed. I don't care if you think I'm ignorant.

Stein;Gate MovieThe series was very extremely overrated, but I still liked it. Definitely seeing this movie whenever I can.

DS2A and Hayate. Sad the Lucky Star spinoff won't appear this spring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast