Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Armorall (Cobalion/Luc)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,614

    Default Armorall (Cobalion/Luc)

    This is off the top of my head and I have nowhere enough cards to make it yet. But here's an idea.

    Pokemon: 18
    4-2-3 Klinklang (2 Plasma Steel, 1 Shift Gear)
    3-3 Lucario (Dual Armor ability)
    3 Cobalion EX

    Trainers
    1 Comp search
    2 Heavy balls
    3 Ultra balls
    3 Catchers
    4 Switches
    1 SSU
    1 Super Rod
    2 Bicycle
    2 Cheren
    3 N
    2 Juniper
    2 Skyla
    2 Pokemon Centers
    2 Eviolites

    Energy: 12
    8 Steel energy
    4 Fighting energy

    Again, not all there. So any replacing of cards is welcome. I've been thinking about switching out 2 Cobalion EX's for 2 normal Cobalions or something.
    Well met, friend! This is my signature.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    252

    Default

    whats your use for lucario? It seems to fit but it just hinders the operation. KO's from EX's dont happen if klingklang is set up. But with Riolu and no lucario you're sol. Also 2/2 or 3/1 plasma/bw split on klingklangs. Besides, SSU only works on cobalion well if you have shift gear up so lucario makes it even more useless. Try Registeel/ Cobalion NV. Qwaa


    Created by PPL Qwaa

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Some mountain in kanto
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    I agree, bye bye lucario, or make another decklist with lucario. More juniper, N, cheren, more supporters and yeah like shift gear2/1plasma or 2/2,

    Cobalion EX is a great card, keep it, it's second attack destroys anti-EX cards and it's first attack makes for great disruption in shutting down cards like mewtwo (reduction and kicks special energy) but sucks against victini (which can turn 1 donk with 100, either benchtini or victiniEX), so all in all cobalion EX is a great card, but playing like 2 cobalion NV is a smart play as it's a pretty good card for 2-3 energy and less prizes taken by you're opponent. I do have an odd idea that might work though, articuno and 4 blend, 2 plasma energy.

    SSU only works on cobalion well
    Switch or max potion, max potion more so, ssu is to flippy.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,614

    Default

    Like I said its all from the top of my head. I found Luc's ability & attack interesting. Luc, is pretty much just there for the added pressure late game if my opponent has at least 3 prizes.

    Luc's out, Cobalion NV is in.

    4-3-4 Klinklang (2/2 PS/BW split)
    3 Cobalion NV
    3 Cobalion Ex


    1 Comp search
    2 Heavy balls
    3 Ultra balls
    3 Catchers
    4 Switches
    2 Super Rod
    3 Cheren
    4 N
    2 Juniper
    2 Skyla
    2 Pokemon Centers
    2 Eviolites
    1 Tool Scrapper

    12 Steel energy
    Well met, friend! This is my signature.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Some mountain in kanto
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    Luc, is pretty much just there for the added pressure late game
    People love to ohko stuff like lucario, catcher ohko, such an easy ko rate.

    You're list is way to shaky, so I'm going to use you're list to explain why.

    1 Comp search (not needed you have 3 ultra ball, 4 is best for decks that don't use cards like sableye because you don't have that after ko re-draw rate from you're discard pile mid game instead you have none, maybe if you where to put in dowsing machine then it might work, but still running anything like com at 1 card per deck you might as well just proxy or add in a 4th ultra ball.
    2 Heavy balls,
    3 Ultra balls
    3 Catchers
    4 Switches
    2 Super Rod
    3 Cheren
    4 N
    2 Juniper
    2 Skyla (this is a deck that does rely on the use of trainers to turn the game around, miost people say run 4, but i'll say 3 so you can have the extra supporter turn for the supporters that are actually going to grab you hands to make ohko's with not just one cards, because this isn't yugioh where 1 card makes all the difference all the time)
    2 Pokemon Centers (take these out for max potion, you can move you're energy around so you don't lose any energy, and nobody's gonna deal you 20 dmg every turn that's, ludicrous, unless it's meloette)
    2 Eviolites (personally I'd say take these out for hypnotoxic lasers and the reason behind that is that one card destroys the use of play eviolite)
    1 Tool Scrapper

    Other then that it is a pretty good line.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    People love to ohko stuff like lucario, catcher ohko, such an easy ko rate.
    I still find it interesting, just saying.

    Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    1 Comp search (not needed you have 3 ultra ball, 4 is best for decks that don't use cards like sableye because you don't have that after ko re-draw rate from you're discard pile mid game instead you have none, maybe if you where to put in dowsing machine then it might work, but still running anything like com at 1 card per deck you might as well just proxy or add in a 4th ultra ball.
    Makes sense, Comp search is my default ace spec right now, since it can be used to find anything it helps sometimes. If I can manage to get my hands a dowsing machine I'll add it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    2 Skyla (this is a deck that does rely on the use of trainers to turn the game around, miost people say run 4, but i'll say 3 so you can have the extra supporter turn for the supporters that are actually going to grab you hands to make ohko's with not just one cards, because this isn't yugioh where 1 card makes all the difference all the time)
    Sometimes its one card, others times, its a series of plays.

    I'll play around with this idea. I run 2 so I can have that extra 1-2 supporter or another card.

    Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    2 Pokemon Centers (take these out for max potion, you can move you're energy around so you don't lose any energy, and nobody's gonna deal you 20 dmg every turn that's, ludicrous, unless it's meloette)
    My think was; it gets Virbank off the field, and if a poke had a special condition, switch/retreat it out getting rid of its ailments and "lick its wounds". If all they had was hypnotox+virbank dmg, it would be gone next turn. Anything bigger would of course take more time or it could add to max potion's 90 (if there someone did run both). It could also slow down/ nullify Darkrai's or Lando's bench sniping, so to me it has its uses. But that doesn't make your point any less valid, with shift gear up, max potions are just as good as gold potions and you get to keep the poke as the active which could mean a KO. Which is always a good thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    2 Eviolites (personally I'd say take these out for hypnotoxic lasers and the reason behind that is that one card destroys the use of play eviolite)
    I could perhaps use someone's Virbank against them, I like that.
    Last edited by PKMN Trainer Rex; 18th February 2013 at 5:42 AM.
    Well met, friend! This is my signature.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Some mountain in kanto
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    When you're running a decklist like you are, where you have to rely on fast trainer plays to make decent plays 2 skyla is not consistency, 3-4 is (the less cards you have in you're deck of one type lowers its playability and consistency within you're deck). Playing stadiums against virbank doesn't mean anything, I play HTL and virbank and I could care less if you get rid of my virbank the turn after I expect you to switch (or rush in, I expect that even more), full heal, gold potion, max potion, etc that's fine idc about that, all I care about is the before and after ko rate, If I have to put down another virbank to ko because all you did was gold potion 140, so be it I'll ko you next turn (probably won't have to put down virbank because HTL by itself is good enough most of the time anyways, you don't always need virbank, which is why if you're playing techs in you're deck to counter a card out there you should put a tech in there which is going to help the rest of the consistency of you're deck, if you find problems with virbank play HTL, no different then playing catcher at times because stadiums suck up consistency).


    Sometimes its one card, others times, its a series of plays.
    You make it sound like I don't know what I'm talking about.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    252

    Default

    If you wanna be Niche with lucario go for it. But it reallllly doesnt make the difference. This is the better decision. Dowsing Machine over Computer Search. If you can. At least my version just HATES discarding to the point that i tend to run communication over ultra balls. Then again this is due to my lack of beach. Qwaa


    Created by PPL Qwaa

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Some mountain in kanto
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    I agree swasire, I find using heavy ball or level ball (depending on the amount of pokemon with hp and or retreat in common) and communication as a combo is great for getting pokemon out fast and reducing you're deck so you can draw into better hands mid to late game. But I would just choose ultra ball because it does the same thing that the combo would do but one more card. Reducing the size of you're deck greatly helps during the game, if you don't like it (i had a hard time using ultra ball at the start so I decided to play it with sableye so I would have that multi platform synergy and it helped me learn that it is a great card in any deck if you know how to use it right, but play 2 super rod I recommend it, kinda like playing keldeoEX).

    edit: I played against a friend this weekend and I beat him with my drakrai/hy deck when he was using a variation of this deck, he was using dowsing machine in it (which was a great play) 3 cobalion EX, 2-4 cobalion NV and (quite interestingly enough 4-0-2/2 klink smash turn and 2 of each, it played really well I think he just needs more time with it.
    Last edited by ven?; 19th February 2013 at 4:24 AM.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •