Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 194

Thread: Overrated Pokemon

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    Hydreigon is not outclassed by Latios as a special attacker. Latios is trapped by Tyranitar, Scizor and Weavile(the latter also beats Hydreigon, but it's kinda rare.) Hydreigon can get past Tyranitar with Focus Blast and destroy Scizor with Fire Blast, while also punishing Ferrothorn, Forretress and Skarmory. Hydreigon can also take a hit or two on the physical side(92/90 vs 80/80) and Latios' special bulk isn't much better thanks to his lower HP.

    Hydreigon is better as a mixed attacker though, because it needs to get past Heatran without relying on Focus Miss. It needs Superpower and Earthquake.
    Weavile can't switch into Hydreigon. I don't even need to run a calc to be sure. A Fire Blast/Focus Blast/Superpower on a switch in just screws Weavile up. Even a LO boosted Flamethrower from a Timid Hydreigon can take it out. A max atk Ice punch from Adamant Weavile against a 0/0 Modest Hydreigon can't even secure a KO (12.5% chance of Koing only). And considering most Weavile run Jolly... yeah. Also, Low Kick only does 76.3%~89.8%.

    Weavile can't beat Hydreigon. Can't switch in. Etc etc. Basically because Weavile is so frail that if you switch on on anything it just dies most of the time.

    The rest I agree.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  2. #127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    Hydreigon is not outclassed by Latios as a special attacker. Latios is trapped by Tyranitar, Scizor and Weavile(the latter also beats Hydreigon, but it's kinda rare.) Hydreigon can get past Tyranitar with Focus Blast and destroy Scizor with Fire Blast, while also punishing Ferrothorn, Forretress and Skarmory. Hydreigon can also take a hit or two on the physical side(92/90 vs 80/80) and Latios' special bulk isn't much better thanks to his lower HP.

    Hydreigon is better as a mixed attacker though, because it needs to get past Heatran without relying on Focus Miss. It needs Superpower and Earthquake.
    Yeah okay, I'll concede that the statement was made in haste, and I retract that.

    However, the underlying point of my post was that Hydreigon is more threatening as a mixed attacker since the combination of Draco Meteor/Fire Blast/Superpower/Earthquake makes it so there are very few things that want to switch into Hydreigon. Still can be checked of course due to that annoying base 98 speed, but switching into it becomes that much harder.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In your trash can
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Weavile can't switch into Hydreigon. I don't even need to run a calc to be sure. A Fire Blast/Focus Blast/Superpower on a switch in just screws Weavile up. Even a LO boosted Flamethrower from a Timid Hydreigon can take it out. A max atk Ice punch from Adamant Weavile against a 0/0 Modest Hydreigon can't even secure a KO (12.5% chance of Koing only). And considering most Weavile run Jolly... yeah. Also, Low Kick only does 76.3%~89.8%.

    Weavile can't beat Hydreigon. Can't switch in. Etc etc. Basically because Weavile is so frail that if you switch on on anything it just dies most of the time.

    The rest I agree.
    252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 330-390 (101.22 - 119.63%) -- guaranteed OHKO

    Wait, what?

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 330-390 (101.22 - 119.63%) -- guaranteed OHKO

    Wait, what?
    I didn't factor the LO in. My point still stands though. Weavile can switch into Hydreigon, so it's kind of a 'meh' counter to Hydreigon. Well, Weavile is ****ed if Hydreigon runs Scarfed, which is a more or less rarer sets.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In your trash can
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Scarf Hydreigon fails in OU. And if you think Weavile is a counter to Hydreigon, no matter if it's "meh" or a hard counter, then I'm simply telling you this:

    By definition, a counter must be able to switch in against whatever it is they are trying to counter. Weavile is A REVENGE KILLER. He's not meant to switch into Hydreigon and eat a Draco Meteor or a Fire Blast. He's meant to come in after one of his teammates fainted and KO Hydreigon.

    Now, Hydreigon is NOT outclassed, it just faces fierce competition from Latios. The latter is fast and has good special defense, as well as higher special attack. Hydreigon's speed is his main problem, but he makes up for it with pure wallbreaking power. Now many people think it's overrated because if we look at the March 2013 move stats...

    | Draco Meteor 72.941% |
    | Fire Blast 62.479% |
    | Dark Pulse 60.588% |
    | Focus Blast 28.663% |
    | Dragon Pulse 27.467% |
    | Surf 25.671% |
    | Superpower 25.135% |

    Most Hydreigon run special sets. What the....

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Substitute Hydreigon can be incredibly dangerous though, especially with it's bulk it has the possibility of the sub living a hit from a wall and then taking out a possible revenge killer


    ^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    THE CRAZY TRAIN~
    Posts
    461

    Default

    i think gyarados, steelix, and milotic are a bit overrated
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

    National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rivet City
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    Substitute Hydreigon can be incredibly dangerous though, especially with it's bulk it has the possibility of the sub living a hit from a wall and then taking out a possible revenge killer
    I think most variants of Hydreigon are pretty dangerous if you let it. That good coverage it has just makes it hard to guess what it might be running at first glance. One wrong move and someones going to go down. To be honest I dont think Hydreigon is overrated in fact I feel like it is kind of underrated because of Pokemon like Latios/Latias and because of its typing. But I will digress.
        Spoiler:- Credits:

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tokyo/seven View Post
    I think most variants of Hydreigon are pretty dangerous if you let it. That good coverage it has just makes it hard to guess what it might be running at first glance. One wrong move and someones going to go down. To be honest I dont think Hydreigon is overrated in fact I feel like it is kind of underrated because of Pokemon like Latios/Latias and because of its typing. But I will digress.
    I completely agree, Hydreigon is a monster. I was just trying to make the point that substitute sets are harder to revenge is all so you shouldn't rely on revenge killing it


    ^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

  10. #135

    Default

    Well as you can see by my name, I have a very bad history with scizor.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In your trash can
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjunior3 View Post
    i think gyarados, steelix, and milotic are a bit overrated
    Steelix isn't overrated. At all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    Substitute Hydreigon can be incredibly dangerous though, especially with it's bulk it has the possibility of the sub living a hit from a wall and then taking out a possible revenge killer
    Exactly, Hydreigon sets up a sub on something like Ferrothorn and roasts it with Fire Blast. I haven't seen Sub Hydreigon in forever, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakBae View Post
    ^this.


    That's right, especially in OU where almost anything are decent enough to get their jobs done. Some n00ns pokes such as pikachu, eelektross, charizard, or other pokes that often can be found in the merciless upper tiers are probably the obvious example of the most overrated pokemon in the poke universe.
    Those people who use Pikachu and Charizard love Ash.(I like him too, though) Seriously, it's frustrating to see Ash-themed teams when laddering. Let's list Pikachu's most common partners as of March 2013.
    | Teammates |
    | Charizard +31.315% |
    | Snorlax +21.441% |
    | Blastoise +21.394% |
    | Venusaur +18.631% |
    | Lapras +10.831% |

    | Heracross +7.830% |

    | Honchkrow +4.136% |
    Look at the first five. These fanboys/girls think Ash = Red and make teams in his honor using the formula of Pikachu, Charizard, Venusaur, Lapras, Snorlax and Blastoise. Heracross, well, not so much, that's why it's only in italic. But it's still one of Ash's pokemon so....

    Oh yeah, and Ash is not the only one. I saw May-themed teams in Ubers.

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    242

    Default

    All of the pseudo-legendaries, and Volcarona.
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    All of the pseudo-legendaries, and Volcarona.
    Well Metagross is actually quite underated, and for good reason. The others aren't neccesarily overated, as they all fill their niches quite well. Dragonite as a jack of all trades, bulky dragon dancer, rain sweeper, tank etc. T-tar for sand and pursuit trapping. Salamence for pure moxie sweeping etc. Garchomp for sand hax and other useful methods (I don't use Garchomp or Salamence much :P). And Hydreigon for it's awesome mixed coverage as mentioned earlier. All of them have (Ice shard) obvious (Mach punch for 2/6) shortcomings, but I wouldn't say that makes them overated.
    And while stealth rocks are a pain in Volcarona's side, it can easily fufill it's role with minor support.

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rivet City
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    All of the pseudo-legendaries, and Volcarona.
    I wouldnt say the psuedos were. The ones that are in higher tiers are definitely deserving of it IMO. Like Landorus and Terrakion etc. And the ones that arent are in way lower tiers are well..not overrated I guess. Like Arcticuno and Moltres. But I would like to know why you think other wise. (Unless of course we arent even talking about the same stuff)

    I agree about Volcarona though. It is dangerous. Very dangerous. But I just think its not worth having most of the time because of the support it needs. Also it is a pretty predictable Pokemon. Its movepool is kind of small when you look at the moves it will actually be able to use effectively and there is really only a few different sets you see them running and they are still pretty similar. Butterfly Dance and 3 attacks/2 attacks+recovery. The only thing thats every really different is its EVs. In fact I think it would be safe to say way over half of them run Butterfly Dance in some way.

    In its defense though after it gets a Butterfly Dance off it is hard for a big amount of Pokemon to stop it though I guess...if you are able to support it well it can be very threatening.
        Spoiler:- Credits:

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Charizard is the Emperor of overrated, too many people praise this guy. His typing is horrible and has only modest stats (aside from Sp.Atk), not the best Kanto starter in my eyes. Worst of all, it has a 4x weakness against Rock type attacks, even the weakest ones can KO it too easily.

    I like it and all, but it doesn't really deserve all the fame and attention it gets, it got the #1 rank of the best Pokémon ever on IGN's Top 100 Pokémon. Bulbasaur is a much better starter than it.

    Dishonorable mentions:

    Dragonite - Hate to say it though, I love Dragonite. But most people, including myself overrate him.
    Mewtwo -Also hate to say, but he is only overrated in Super Smash Bros Melee. He was one of the weakest characters in that game; too light and had terrible KOing moves.
    Archeops- Extremely frail for a rock type and takes too many damage from most attacks, not too fond of it that much. Should've been placed in NU to RU in my eyes.
    Pikachu- I love him and all, but too frail and has only modest offenses. The mascot of Pokémon needs a bigger buff in Gen IV.
    Snivy- My least favorite Grass type Starter, his only good stat is his speed. All of his other stats are pretty lame or don't support him much. He has decent Defense stats, but even then as a Grass type; he has the most elemental weaknesses out of any Pokémon (tied with Rock of course).

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rivet City
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pika Kong View Post
    Charizard is the Emperor of overrated, too many people praise this guy. His typing is horrible and has only modest stats (aside from Sp.Atk), not the best Kanto starter in my eyes. Worst of all, it has a 4x weakness against Rock type attacks, even the weakest ones can KO it too easily.

    I like it and all, but it doesn't really deserve all the fame and attention it gets, it got the #1 rank of the best Pokémon ever on IGN's Top 100 Pokémon. Bulbasaur is a much better starter than it.

    Dishonorable mentions:

    Dragonite - Hate to say it though, I love Dragonite. But most people, including myself overrate him.
    Mewtwo -Also hate to say, but he is only overrated in Super Smash Bros Melee. He was one of the weakest characters in that game; too light and had terrible KOing moves.
    Archeops- Extremely frail for a rock type and takes too many damage from most attacks, not too fond of it that much. Should've been placed in NU to RU in my eyes.
    Pikachu- I love him and all, but too frail and has only modest offenses. The mascot of Pokémon needs a bigger buff in Gen IV.
    Snivy- My least favorite Grass type Starter, his only good stat is his speed. All of his other stats are pretty lame or don't support him much. He has decent Defense stats, but even then as a Grass type; he has the most elemental weaknesses out of any Pokémon (tied with Rock of course).
    I feel like almost none of those are overrated. At all. If any it is Dragonite...but no one think anyone thinks Charizard or Pikachu or Archeops are overrated besides new players. The general consensus is that they basically poor Pokemon in competitive...also Archeops is RU. And why bring SSB into this ・_・

    Deja vu
        Spoiler:- Credits:

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tokyo/seven View Post
    I feel like almost none of those are overrated. At all. If any it is Dragonite...but no one think anyone thinks Charizard or Pikachu or Archeops are overrated besides new players. The general consensus is that they basically poor Pokemon in competitive...also Archeops is RU. And why bring SSB into this ・_・

    Deja vu
    Doesn't matter if the players are new or not, these Pokémon are still given more credit than they really need; Charizard especially. Often deemed the best Pokémon ever, after playing with him, I disagree highly. I'm well aware that Archeops is in RU, but it also left a mark in UU, which I find to be a little too high because of its frailness.

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Empire State of the South.
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Umbreon, simply because of how many people fawn over it.

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rivet City
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pika Kong View Post
    Doesn't matter if the players are new or not, these Pokémon are still given more credit than they really need; Charizard especially. Often deemed the best Pokémon ever, after playing with him, I disagree highly. I'm well aware that Archeops is in RU, but it also left a mark in UU, which I find to be a little too high because of its frailness.
    Charizard gets like...no credit for anything ever since 4th gen aha. At this point it you could even get dismissed as a challenge by your opponent just for having one on your team. Charizard is like. The furthest you can be from overrated. This applys to stuff like Pikachu to.

    -Also take note that when it is 'deemed the best Pokemon ever' it is usually by people who are not concerned with competitive and are basing it on looks alone. Like IGN for example. Like seriously. Charizard is the exact opposite of overrated. I feel like people should be aware of that by now. It has more or less become a laughing stock

    Double deja vu
        Spoiler:- Credits:

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    242

    Default

    I agree with Charizard, I don't see what's so great about it. Where others see it as a holy being sent from the trinity of Ho-oh, Reshiram AND Moltres themselves, I see just a flying lizard.

    Worst of all, it has a 4x weakness against Rock type attacks, even the weakest ones can KO it too easily.
    Aaaaand let's not forget Stealth Rock.
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In your trash can
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Breeder Drew View Post
    Umbreon, simply because of how many people fawn over it.
    Umbreon was overrated back in Gen 4. Now, he's great in UU, but when it comes to his efectiveness in OU... that's a different story. Umbreon has 2.44% real usage in March 2013, but the stat-weighting system screws it over completely.

    I kind of agree with Volcarona. The moth can be dangerous on a (lol) rain team, but it's crippled by Stealth Rock.

  22. #147

    Default

    Infernape's a pretty overrated OU Pokemon IMHO, he doesn't deserve the usage he gets.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    Scarf Hydreigon fails in OU. And if you think Weavile is a counter to Hydreigon, no matter if it's "meh" or a hard counter, then I'm simply telling you this:

    By definition, a counter must be able to switch in against whatever it is they are trying to counter. Weavile is A REVENGE KILLER. He's not meant to switch into Hydreigon and eat a Draco Meteor or a Fire Blast. He's meant to come in after one of his teammates fainted and KO Hydreigon.

    Now, Hydreigon is NOT outclassed, it just faces fierce competition from Latios. The latter is fast and has good special defense, as well as higher special attack. Hydreigon's speed is his main problem, but he makes up for it with pure wallbreaking power. Now many people think it's overrated because if we look at the March 2013 move stats...

    | Draco Meteor 72.941% |
    | Fire Blast 62.479% |
    | Dark Pulse 60.588% |
    | Focus Blast 28.663% |
    | Dragon Pulse 27.467% |
    | Surf 25.671% |
    | Superpower 25.135% |

    Most Hydreigon run special sets. What the....
    Nah, some Hydreigon run Superpower > Focus Miss to get past the pink blobs. They usually run mixed. I still prefer pure special attacking, but it still gets walled by the blobs.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In your trash can
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Infernape's a pretty overrated OU Pokemon IMHO, he doesn't deserve the usage he gets.
    I would say Infernape is actually quite underrated. The problem he has is that rain is everywhere. IMO he fits well on a hail team or something.

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rivet City
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    I would say Infernape is actually quite underrated. The problem he has is that rain is everywhere. IMO he fits well on a hail team or something.
    Yeah I agree. I really dont see it very often and I wonder why because every time I used it it ends up
    being a key member to the team. It is easily one of the best mixed attackers around its stats are just perfect for it
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •