Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Overrated Pokemon

In terms of Ubers, I'd say Mewtwo gets the credit. It's like wow, in many cases, Either my Jirachi or Shaymin Sky handles him easily despite having a fire or Ice move (no thanks to Kyogre being everywhere in Ubers. I'll be bluntly honest that Arceus AND THE WEATHER TRIO ARE OVERPOWERED in my humble and honest opinion). Just makes me wonder how far the new forme of Mewtwo will change the uber metagame
    Current Chapter: 35: Methol's Need (Click the Banner above)

Um... no. If Mewtwo manages to set up a Calm Mind and your Jirachi/Choice Scarfers are dead, it's most likely gg.

Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    Um... no. If Mewtwo manages to set up a Calm Mind and your Jirachi/Choice Scarfers are dead, it's most likely gg.

In short, you're saying all of my 100 based Pokemon will 100% lose in Ubers from your on analysis.

Back on topic, I'd say Tyranitar is Overrated in OU (I know his roles in the metagame. Don't tell me that thrice). In terms of weather summoning sandstorm, I find Hippowdon as a better choice. Even if it has pathetic SP Def. Its already Bulky Physical defense gives you a good choice on prioritizing the Sp. Defensive side. Not to mention Phazing that's as good as skarrmory.

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    In short, you're saying all of my 100 based Pokemon will 100% lose in Ubers from your on analysis.
    Note that he said that if Mewtwo sets up Calm Mind and if your scarfer/Jirachi is dead that its pretty much 'good game'. He didn't say that you weren't going to lose all of the time, just the times you let Mewtwo set up and your revengekiller is dead in this example.

Back on topic, I'd say Tyranitar is Overrated in OU (I know his roles in the metagame. Don't tell me that thrice). In terms of weather summoning sandstorm, I find Hippowdon as a better choice. Even if it has pathetic SP Def. Its already Bulky Physical defense gives you a good choice on prioritizing the Sp. Defensive side. Not to mention Phazing that's as good as skarrmory.
    Tyranitar is more specially bulky and a stronger attacker in general. It does a good job at pursuit-trapping psychics and ghosts (that's if they can't hit back first with Focus Blast. I'm looking at you, Alakazam and Gengar). It just has different niches over Hippo rather than being overrated.
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

Previous hunts:
    - 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Huge Power and Adamant Nature.

It should actually be Hippo UNDERRATED rather than t-tar overrated.

I think Gardevoir is a bit overrated. It's great, but it has it's problems against steels (my Wormadam beat it once)

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Truest story

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post

I would not say it is. Like someone said in the long term it is is often more usefull than Hippowdon. Sure Hippo can phaze and sure it can take quite a few physical attacks but Tyranitars ability as a offensive threat pretty much show up Hippowdon. Not to mention it can run a pretty good amount of different sets well so it is not nearly as predictable as Hippowdon
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    Note that he said that if Mewtwo sets up Calm Mind and if your scarfer/Jirachi is dead that its pretty much 'good game'. He didn't say that you weren't going to lose all of the time, just the times you let Mewtwo set up and your revengekiller is dead in this example.

Tyranitar is more specially bulky and a stronger attacker in general. It does a good job at pursuit-trapping psychics and ghosts (that's if they can't hit back first with Focus Blast. I'm looking at you, Alakazam and Gengar). It just has different niches over Hippo rather than being overrated.
    That, and Jirachi is afraid of Fire Blast. And not all Choice Scarfers can revenge kill Mewtwo after he uses calm mind.

As for Tyranitar, it's much better on offensive teams than Hippowdon(CB Hippo anyone? lol). Hippo's place is on sandstall teams and such.

That, and Jirachi is afraid of Fire Blast. And not all Choice Scarfers can revenge kill Mewtwo after he uses calm mind.

As for Tyranitar, it's much better on offensive teams than Hippowdon(CB Hippo anyone? lol). Hippo's place is on sandstall teams and such.
    Also since I dont think it was mentioned Tyranitar and Hippowdon on the same team does really well to I have found. I found it very easy to build a good team around them not to mention EZ weather war most of the time. the two of them together works really nice

Why not both?

Tyranitar + Hippowdon on the same team = you'll have some problems with Keldeo. And don't say "Oh well Celebi can screw with Keldeo"(I know Celebi is a great Pokemon to use on sand teams), because Heatran is actually a common partner for the MLP character. (Unfortunately, the March 2013 pastebin stats no longer exist, so you're going to have to wait one or two days before I can give you accurate information on Keldeo's common partners in april).

And Hippowdon sets up Stealth Rock, Tyranitar's probably gonna be a CB user, while Celebi a bulky CM user. So... we'll need a Choice Scarfer NOT WEAK TO KELDEO that fits well on sand teams... If using Terrakion, Keldeo is simply gonna be more annoying simply because many Keldeo equip a Choice Scarf of their own. Thundurus-T maybe?

Jellicent is actually a very common pokemon on sand teams that checks keldeo very well. It can beat heatran as well, so... For choice scarfers that beat Keldeo, how about Latios? Adding to that, scarf Keldeo won't sweep teams, as being locked into a move is not good for something that intends to sweep. If it is locked into Secret sword, a lot of things beat it including Landorus both formes, Thundurus, Dragonite, Salamence, the list goes on.
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by treeckotrainer View Post
    Jellicent is actually a very common pokemon on sand teams that checks keldeo very well. It can beat heatran as well, so... For choice scarfers that beat Keldeo, how about Latios? Adding to that, scarf Keldeo won't sweep teams, as being locked into a move is not good for something that intends to sweep. If it is locked into Secret sword, a lot of things beat it including Landorus both formes, Thundurus, Dragonite, Salamence, the list goes on.
    Yeah. I run Jellicent on mine. And I agree Scarf Keldo has some coverage issues more than I like. I prefer CM Keldo partially because of that

I haven't seen a sand team that featured Jellicent in forever. And Jellicent is not a true counter to Keldeo, because it can use a CM set and 2HKO the jellyfish with +1 HP Ghost.

Indeed, the calm mind version will win against most walls. CM Keldeo, however, is revenge killed by all common scarfers in OU. And about Jellicent, I actually run one on my current sand team. It checks all scarf and specs versions of Keldeo very well with some prediction.
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

TechniLoom is a bit overrated. I've always thought the SubPunch variant is better, simply because it can screw over many walls. Simply use Spore on Politoed, Jellicent or Skarmory, set up a substitute, and begin pummeling the opponent with Seed Bomb and monstrous Focus Punches. Or you can use Stone Edge instead of Seed Bomb for flying-types, OHKOing MoxieMence and stuff like that. TechniLoom is too slow to take full advantage of Bullet Seed, and can't do crap to the likes of Skarmory and Forretress if Sleep Clause is active(Skarmory doesn't enjoy Focus Punch).

TechniLoom is a bit overrated. I've always thought the SubPunch variant is better, simply because it can screw over many walls. Simply use Spore on Politoed, Jellicent or Skarmory, set up a substitute, and begin pummeling the opponent with Seed Bomb and monstrous Focus Punches. Or you can use Stone Edge instead of Seed Bomb for flying-types, OHKOing MoxieMence and stuff like that. TechniLoom is too slow to take full advantage of Bullet Seed, and can't do crap to the likes of Skarmory and Forretress if Sleep Clause is active(Skarmory doesn't enjoy Focus Punch).
    Technician is overrated for breloom? for me, Poison heal breloom gets the credit. It's like facing a very bulky Ice body walrein with leftovers and hail. For me, the most difficult of breloom to face if you don't have cloyster or Cinccino to break the sub quickly enough. Or better yet, technicians are afraid of Will o wisp and the 30% scald burn

You're forgetting one thing. Techniloom isn't bound to Spore / Mach Punch / Bullet Seed / Low Sweep or Swords Dance. In the last slot, you can use Focus Punch and hit just as hard as a Poison Heal Breloom off the switch, since they both run 252 Atk ev's and are usually Adamant. You can even run Stone Edge in that last slot if you're scared of Mence and Nite. Heck, most Focus Punch Technilooms hit harder with the initial Focus Punch thanks to the option of LO and Fighting Gem. Both are very threatening, but the fact that Techniloom has a powerful Mach Punch for revenge killing and making up for its subpar speed make it the better set imo. But, in all honesty, it depends greatly on the team its being used it.

Well Gyardos didn't really succeed in my time..It was really easy to take down despite the extra training Gyardos was just a waste of time evolving and raising it into what it is now :< It's good but I just don't have the skills to work it out or anything..>...< I have less patience with pokemon who faint very easily ;<

What ?

Gyarados's SubDD set is a pain, especially on rain teams. That thing can set up a substitute on many things such as Latias if she already used Draco Meteor, Politoed, Scizor, etc etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by •Cute Pokemon Lover• View Post
    Well Gyardos didn't really succeed in my time..It was really easy to take down despite the extra training Gyardos was just a waste of time evolving and raising it into what it is now :< It's good but I just don't have the skills to work it out or anything..>...< I have less patience with pokemon who faint very easily ;<
    Gyarodos faints easily.....what? Did you even see its defensive stats?

If you think Gyarodos faints easily then you're better off training Shuckle.
    Thanks to Valaraúkar for gifting me this awesome banner, and woebegonenick for making it!
    Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

Join The Sinjoh Connection!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    Gyarodos faints easily.....what? Did you even see its defensive stats?

If you think Gyarodos faints easily then you're better off training Shuckle.
    I assume he meant its weakness to Steath Rocks, and its unreliable recovery. Although, I find it recovers quite well with leftovers while you ripping apart the opponents team with it. Like Ubers said, Dos in rain is just a monster. Iirc is can KO Rotom-W with Waterfall in rain at +1 once its around 50%, maybe it was 60%. Since that and Ferrothorn are his main counter (Any physically bulky steel really), Core of SubDD Gyarados + Nasty Pass Celebi + Scarf Keldeo is extremely powerful atm. Keldeo just rips through the majority of Dos's checks and counter with a scarf at +2, or he just sweeps the team. Even then, he'll severely weaken, if not KO, opposing Rotom-W's and Ferrothorns. Or you can let Celebi handle Rotom-W and use an NP boosted Giga Drain to get some solid recovery. Gyarados is just a great anti-meta Pokemon atm, thanks to its limited counters (There are a fair amount of check when he's at +1 though, pretty much scarf anything) and solid coverage with Bounce + Waterfall, as well as having rain work in his favor.

^I didn't know Gyarados was that powerful. I guess I'll consider it while making teams in the future.

Anyway, I think Klingklang is Overrated. I was sort of attracted to it because of Gear Shift, but in practice, it turned out to be less effective than I thought. Steel is a horrible offensive typing, and it doesn't really mange to KO many RU Pokemon even after a Gear Shift boost.
    Thanks to Valaraúkar for gifting me this awesome banner, and woebegonenick for making it!
    Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

Join The Sinjoh Connection!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    ^I didn't know Gyarados was that powerful. I guess I'll consider it while making teams in the future.

Anyway, I think Klingklang is Overrated. I was sort of attracted to it because of Gear Shift, but in practice, it turned out to be less effective than I thought. Steel is a horrible offensive typing, and it doesn't really mange to KO many RU Pokemon even after a Gear Shift boost.
    However steel is a great defensive typing and should allow you to get a few boosts late game (if you gen use gear shift more than once). From what Ican see, it is meant to be a late game sweeper, not so etching to be thrown into the field early game

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Crobat.

If there is any pokemon that does absolutely nothing for me, it's this guy.

How is he sooooooo praised when he does NOT have stopping power? Super fang helps a bit, sure. but what are you gonna do, keep halving his health until it's almost gone? Flying moves have horrible coverage, so don't bring Brave Bird into the argument. Any Poke with a bit of resistance laughs at Crobat while an Ice Beam cripples 1/6th of my team. Aerial Ace? Bahhhhh. Sludge Bomb? Meh. This guy is awful and belongs way below UU, in the depths of competitive Pocket Monsters.

Anyone co sign? I feel like I'll catch hell for this, but you have to realize that Crobat is bottom of the barrel compared to the other options that can fill that spot correctly.
    WTT

Flawless Shiny-Groudon, same-Giratina, same-Latias, same-Excadrill EV trained in attack n speed sand rush

Shiny Almost Flawless- Eevee (Def n Sp. Def) same-Blissey (Atk)

Also a Shiny Genesect but that one is no re and it's gonna cost ya.

Jake 2323-6620-1357 White

hmu

Quote Originally Posted by bleak View Post
    Crobat.

If there is any pokemon that does absolutely nothing for me, it's this guy.

How is he sooooooo praised when he does NOT have stopping power? Super fang helps a bit, sure. but what are you gonna do, keep halving his health until it's almost gone? Flying moves have horrible coverage, so don't bring Brave Bird into the argument. Any Poke with a bit of resistance laughs at Crobat while an Ice Beam cripples 1/6th of my team. Aerial Ace? Bahhhhh. Sludge Bomb? Meh. This guy is awful and belongs way below UU, in the depths of competitive Pocket Monsters.

Anyone co sign? I feel like I'll catch hell for this, but you have to realize that Crobat is bottom of the barrel compared to the other options that can fill that spot correctly.
    I would write a response, but I need to know what spot Crobat is filling for you.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast