Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Overrated Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by bleak View Post
    Flying moves have horrible coverage, so don't bring Brave Bird into the argument.
    I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about, seeing as how Flying is a great offensive type. Powerful Flying STABs were a huge contributing factor in Staraptor's ban to BL and Tornadus-T's ban to Ubers. That isn't to say that Crobat is great in OU (although it's really good in UU), but its Flying STAB is not a strike against it.

you're going abput crobat the wrong way then, lol. its purpose in uu, iirc, is to break stallcores. with high speed and taunt, it performs admirably. along with its ability to KO roserade.

sounds like you are using it to just straight up attack. :/

Quote Originally Posted by That Crazy Russian™ View Post
    you're going abput crobat the wrong way then, lol. its purpose in uu, iirc, is to break stallcores. with high speed and taunt, it performs admirably. along with its ability to KO roserade.

sounds like you are using it to just straight up attack. :/
    Considering he brought up Sludge Bomb and Aerial Ace, odds are he's not even using a good moveset.

Crobat @ Leftovers
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 136 HP / 236 Atk / 136 Spe
    Jolly Nature(+Spe, -SpA)
    - Taunt
    - Super Fang
    - Brave Bird
    - Roost

I urge you to try this set. Crobat definitely deserves its place in UU.

Damn, that gengar guy just got gangbanged for good. I call mercy.

Anyway, I think Vaporeon is overrated, despite having sheer competition with Jellicent, Gastrodon, Politoed, Tentacruel, & Rotom-W as a bulky water-type in OU:

Negatives:
    • In a rain team, you have Sp.D Rachi or even Chansey for a better wish support, reason is because of more bulk and useful steel type (Rachi)
    • Breloom users get aroused when they see a Vaporeon on opposing team preview.
    • Ferrothorn enjoys setting up hazards while slowly taking Vaporeon's health.
    • Defensive pokes just can't wait to click "Toxic" and poison the Mermaid cat.
    • After grabbing a couple boosts, common Sweepers such as D-nite, Scizor, CM Latios, or Volcarona who often packs Lum berry will laugh at Vaporeon's attempt to get the burn/poison.
    • Toxicroak enjoys draining the healthy & nutritious health from Vaporeon, since Vap can't do anything in return but throwing ice beams.
    • Vaporeon gets 2hko'd by almost any heavy hitters in OU barring Gyarados, Heatran, & Infernape. (please correct me on this if necessary lol)
    • After a wish, Protect is pretty damn obvious choice, so protecting itself while the opposing Pokemon is setting up more boost or switching out to something like Thundurus-T/Spec Latios/Virizion/Rotom-W/Breloom is often the most harmful & devastating maneuver for Vaporeon users.
    • Specs variant is outclassed by: *insert list of OU water-types here.*

Positives:
    • Important defensive role in Batton Pass team: Acid Armor + baton pass
    • Hydration in rain is indeed annoying, but don't you ever complain when your opponent manages to score a crit. Your vap was prepared for it.
    • nice 110 base Sp.atk.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakBae View Post
    Damn, that gengar guy just got gangbanged for good. I call mercy.

Anyway, I think Vaporeon is overrated, despite having sheer competition with Jellicent, Gastrodon, Politoed, Tentacruel, & Rotom-W as a bulky water-type in OU:

Negatives:
    • In a rain team, you have Sp.D Rachi or even Chansey for a better wish support, reason is because of more bulk and useful steel type (Rachi)
      Vaporeon doesn't have to rely on Seismic Toss or parahax. It can fire off powerful Surfs and I've found its 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD spread to be surprisingly useful.
    • Breloom users get aroused when they see a Vaporeon on opposing team preview.
      Agreed. Same for Jellicent and Gastrodon
    • Ferrothorn enjoys setting up hazards while slowly taking Vaporeon's health.
      Agreed.
    • Defensive pokes just can't wait to click "Toxic" and poison the Mermaid cat.
      Agreed. Same for all bulky waters though
    • After grabbing a couple boosts, common Sweepers such as D-nite, Scizor, CM Latios, or Volcarona who often packs Lum berry will laugh at Vaporeon's attempt to get the burn/poison.
      Dragonite doesn't set up on Vaporeon, Ice Beam can 2HKO. Agreed with Scizor and CM Latios, but how can Volcarona set up on Vaporeon if SR is on the field?
    • Toxicroak enjoys draining the healthy & nutritious health from Vaporeon, since Vap can't do anything in return but throwing ice beams.
      Agreed.
    • Vaporeon gets 2hko'd by almost any heavy hitters in OU barring Gyarados, Heatran, & Infernape. (please correct me on this if necessary lol)
      +1 248+ Atk Gyarados Bounce vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Vaporeon: 219-258 (47.3 - 55.72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
      Gyarados can set up for free on Vaporeon. Agreed with Heatran and Infernape.
    • After a wish, Protect is pretty damn obvious choice, so protecting itself while the opposing Pokemon is setting up more boost or switching out to something like Thundurus-T/Spec Latios/Virizion/Rotom-W/Breloom is often the most harmful & devastating maneuver for Vaporeon users.
      The same can be said for any Wish passer, just that it has different counters.
    • Specs variant is outclassed by: *insert list of OU water-types here.*
      Specs Vaporeon is not outclassed at all. Keldeo doesn't have Ice Beam, and Vaporeon is bulkier than most other water-types.

Positives:
    • Important defensive role in Batton Pass team: Acid Armor + baton pass
      Baton Pass teams fail. Completely.
    • Hydration in rain is indeed annoying, but don't you ever complain when your opponent manages to score a crit. Your vap was prepared for it.
    • nice 110 base Sp.atk.
    Vaporeon does have its pros and cons, but I don't think it belongs in UU/BL. I can understand its low usage though, it gets a lot of competition.

I can never seem to use keldeo tomuch effect, it always gets walled by different things depending on its hidden power.
    Guns don't kill people. I kill people.

Yes but Keldeo is really annoying with its Scarf set and can spam Hydro Pump in the rain like a jerk.

Rotom-W. Hydro Pump is too inaccurate, plus it's not that hard to get beaten, even with Volt Switch.
    It may be me using it awfully, it may be it not working well with the team. It's just useless there.
    <no sig>

Cloyster. While it is hard to stop if it gets a Shell Smash, getting a Shell Smash is easier said than done.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Quote Originally Posted by MatchMaster View Post
    Cloyster. While it is hard to stop if it gets a Shell Smash, getting a Shell Smash is easier said than done.

I don't know about you, but I use Cloyster leading off with a Focus Sash to get setup. It normally doesn't stop unless the team has a priority move.

Check out my RMT!

Spoiler:- Team Induhbut (An NU Sun Team):

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

But priority is Cloyster's main problem. Cloyster isn't very good as a shell smash sweeper because it doesn't have the special bulk to tank a powerful attack. And if it has a Focus Sash, then priority and entry hazards say hi. Cloyster needs heavy team support.

And never, ever, ever use Cloyster as a lead Shell Smasher. Even Gigalith of all things is better as an attacking lead than Cloyster.

Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    But priority is Cloyster's main problem. Cloyster isn't very good as a shell smash sweeper because it doesn't have the special bulk to tank a powerful attack. And if it has a Focus Sash, then priority and entry hazards say hi. Cloyster needs heavy team support.

And never, ever, ever use Cloyster as a lead Shell Smasher. Even Gigalith of all things is better as an attacking lead than Cloyster.
    Yes. Not to mention it is weak to both Bullet Punch and Mach Punch which are both common enough in OU. So its lack of bulk is bad enough but then it also doesnt have the best typing. Pretty hard for a Pokemon like Cloyster to stay alive very long against a good opponent when there is so many things it has to deal with ´ー`
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by tokyo/seven View Post
    Yes. Not to mention it is weak to both Bullet Punch and Mach Punch which are both common enough in OU. So its lack of bulk is bad enough but then it also doesnt have the best typing. Pretty hard for a Pokemon like Cloyster to stay alive very long against a good opponent when there is so many things it has to deal with ´ー`
    Not to nitpick, but it's only neutral to Bullet Punch.

Though a CB Scizor Bullet Punch is still a clean 1HKO with Stealth Rock up after a Shell Smash and a 2HKO with Stealth Rock before a Shell Smash on a standard 4HP/252Atk/252Spe Shell Smash Cloyster, so it's sort of a moot point.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post

Though it seems unorthodox, it still works and can clean off a team if you're in a common situation like boosting on Skarmory while you still have full health. After Bullet Punch or Mach Punch or whatever you'll still be around. It could polish off the rest.

But maybe that won't happen, so whatever.

Check out my RMT!

Cloyster really is trash. Special attacks hit it hard and it isn't fast enough to outspeed relevant scarfers in ou after a shell smash. It is also walled by steel types such as magnezone or rachi that can just ko it.
    "If you're not going to lie, at least tell the truth."

Honestly, Cloyster even with a smash fails to get the OHKO on anything reasonably bulky that it isn't getting a SE hit on. It, however, does seem to get the most crits or anything without Serene Grace, which can really make it annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Contrail View Post
    Honestly, Cloyster even with a smash fails to get the OHKO on anything reasonably bulky that it isn't getting a SE hit on. It, however, does seem to get the most crits or anything without Serene Grace, which can really make it annoying.
    That's because, statistically speaking, crits land once out of every sixteen times. Attacking five straight time would mean a 5/16 chance of landing that crit. Also, Razor Shell boosts crits to 1/2 of the time (8/16).

Check out my RMT!

If I am running cloyster, I will give it explosion over rock blast because I can. Also water gem unless rain.
    Guns don't kill people. I kill people.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678