you're going abput crobat the wrong way then, lol. its purpose in uu, iirc, is to break stallcores. with high speed and taunt, it performs admirably. along with its ability to KO roserade.
sounds like you are using it to just straight up attack. :/
Crobat @ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 136 HP / 236 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature(+Spe, -SpA)
- Super Fang
- Brave Bird
I urge you to try this set. Crobat definitely deserves its place in UU.
Damn, that gengar guy just got gangbanged for good. I call mercy.
Anyway, I think Vaporeon is overrated, despite having sheer competition with Jellicent, Gastrodon, Politoed, Tentacruel, & Rotom-W as a bulky water-type in OU:
- In a rain team, you have Sp.D Rachi or even Chansey for a better wish support, reason is because of more bulk and useful steel type (Rachi)
- Breloom users get aroused when they see a Vaporeon on opposing team preview.
- Ferrothorn enjoys setting up hazards while slowly taking Vaporeon's health.
- Defensive pokes just can't wait to click "Toxic" and poison the Mermaid cat.
- After grabbing a couple boosts, common Sweepers such as D-nite, Scizor, CM Latios, or Volcarona who often packs Lum berry will laugh at Vaporeon's attempt to get the burn/poison.
- Toxicroak enjoys draining the healthy & nutritious health from Vaporeon, since Vap can't do anything in return but throwing ice beams.
- Vaporeon gets 2hko'd by almost any heavy hitters in OU barring Gyarados, Heatran, & Infernape. (please correct me on this if necessary lol)
- After a wish, Protect is pretty damn obvious choice, so protecting itself while the opposing Pokemon is setting up more boost or switching out to something like Thundurus-T/Spec Latios/Virizion/Rotom-W/Breloom is often the most harmful & devastating maneuver for Vaporeon users.
- Specs variant is outclassed by: *insert list of OU water-types here.*
- Important defensive role in Batton Pass team: Acid Armor + baton pass
- Hydration in rain is indeed annoying, but don't you ever complain when your opponent manages to score a crit. Your vap was prepared for it.
- nice 110 base Sp.atk.
I can never seem to use keldeo tomuch effect, it always gets walled by different things depending on its hidden power.
Guns don't kill people. I kill people.
Yes but Keldeo is really annoying with its Scarf set and can spam Hydro Pump in the rain like a jerk.
Rotom-W. Hydro Pump is too inaccurate, plus it's not that hard to get beaten, even with Volt Switch.
It may be me using it awfully, it may be it not working well with the team. It's just useless there.
Cloyster. While it is hard to stop if it gets a Shell Smash, getting a Shell Smash is easier said than done.
DW Pokemon I can offer:
But priority is Cloyster's main problem. Cloyster isn't very good as a shell smash sweeper because it doesn't have the special bulk to tank a powerful attack. And if it has a Focus Sash, then priority and entry hazards say hi. Cloyster needs heavy team support.
And never, ever, ever use Cloyster as a lead Shell Smasher. Even Gigalith of all things is better as an attacking lead than Cloyster.
Though a CB Scizor Bullet Punch is still a clean 1HKO with Stealth Rock up after a Shell Smash and a 2HKO with Stealth Rock before a Shell Smash on a standard 4HP/252Atk/252Spe Shell Smash Cloyster, so it's sort of a moot point.
Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.
I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.
But maybe that won't happen, so whatever.
Cloyster really is trash. Special attacks hit it hard and it isn't fast enough to outspeed relevant scarfers in ou after a shell smash. It is also walled by steel types such as magnezone or rachi that can just ko it.
"If you're not going to lie, at least tell the truth."
If I am running cloyster, I will give it explosion over rock blast because I can. Also water gem unless rain.
Guns don't kill people. I kill people.