Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survival of the Striaton Gym! (801)

Default Survival of the Striaton Gym! (801)

Cilan VS The Ice Challenger! The Crisis at Striation Gym!!

When on the next island on their journey, Ash & co. meet up with Cilan's brothers, Chili and Cress and learn about a dojo breaker who has decided to set her sights on the Striaton City Gym. Having already defeated Chili and Cress, the "dojo breaker" has decided that she needs to beat Cilan which is why they are all on the island and challenges him, to which he accepts. Will Cilan be able to defend his brothers and his gym?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Should be a good episode. I was Always annoyed Chili appeared again and Cress didn't (excluding Flashbacks), but he is finally showing up again. With that Amazing hair.

I also hope there will be a XY preview in the end, but I don't Count on it.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

THe episode starts with Ash and co. on a ship. Alexa walks over to them as they look out to the ocean.

Parker comes over and has a message for Cilan.

Cilan's brothers are on the videophone and Cilan talks to them about something.

The opening.

Ash and co. are at the docks and then Alexa brings out Gogoat and is about to head off when Helioptile reminds her something. She rides off in a sad move.

Ash is hungry and then Cilan brings out Pansage.

The group are at a place where some eating bunches are and Ash takes his attention away from the cooking, so Iris tells him about it.

Cilan and Pansage arrive at the place with Berries.

An Abomasnow comes to the same place and then Ash uses his Pokedex on it.

Abomasnow's trainers is now next to him/her and Abomasnow attacks Pansage, before Chili and Cress comes running towards them.

They tell them what happened through a flashback.

Chili battles the same girl with the Abomasnow, Drago, at the Striaton gym. He used Pansear and she used Mamoswine but Mamoswine defeated Pansear.

Cress then battled her and he used his Panpour against her Glalie and after a HeadSmash(I think) and some more attacks, Panpour lost.

Chili goes red with angry and then the flashback ends.

Dare Da? Panpour.

Cilan brings out Pansage again and then Panpour and Pansear come out and they are all happy to see eachother.

Cilan talks about Pansage, in a flashback Pansage gave some sort of food to a Sewaddle and then he talks about Pansage's 4 moves.

Some flashback's happen, including, Oshawott vs. Pansage, Pansage and Tepig vs. Eelektross and Chandelure, Excadrill perfecting Focus Blast, the Deino that Iris didn't get and Iris calming down Dragonite.

Cilan and Drago start their battle and it starts by Abomasnow using Blizzard.

Cilan does a Tasting Time for Drago.

Flashbacks of some of Cilans past battles.

Oh sweet, Cilan, Cress an Chili as kids with their Pokemon. I THOUGHT THAT WAS SO CUTE!

Panpour and Pansear cheer Cilan and Pansage on.

Pansage is still frozen and then breaks out with Solarbeam and follows it up with Rock Tomb which gives him the victory.

Cilan won and celebrates with Pansage.

Pansage gives one of the things off his head(Like he did with Sewaddle) to Abomasnow as a truce and he/she accepts.

Ash and co. prepare to get disembark on another ship and Chili yells out to Ash about something.

To be continued.
    Last edited by playerking; 12th September 2013 at 11:23 AM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Spoiler:- Little Striaton trio:

Well I'm fully satisfied now.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 12th September 2013 at 3:16 PM. Reason: Replaced image with a better quality one.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

Aww, they are so cute. And the Pan Pokémon are older than I thought. XD

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Wow really -_-....and I'm supposed to not call this a filler?? Just because we saw little Dento does not save this episode.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Wow really -_-....and I'm supposed to not call this a filler?? Just because we saw little Dento does not save this episode.
    This entire saga is filler. Id rather at least have filler about the main characters than random stuff.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Well, that was a pretty meh episode in my opinion.
    The only thing I liked was that flashback of Dento and his brothers as kids, wish they tried a little harder since this is Dento's last actual episode before they leave.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

THERE WAS a FLASHBACK SCENE.

Ugh I just want to kjnow what was said at the end??? DENTO LOOKED SO SAD.

It seems like a good episode, but a little bland without translations. I liked the battle. Reminded me of some Ihad with frozen Pokemon.

I like that how he summed up everything he learned. Like he was always watching, and learning from his friends the whole time. From Ash's battles, to how Iris bonds with dragon-types he was taking note in his head. I liked how he went into Tasting Time, he mixes his sommelier skills into his battles.
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 12th September 2013 at 5:39 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Ugh I just want to kjnow what was said at the end??? DENTO LOOKED SO SAD.
    He was worried about the gym, and thought it might be best if he returned and helped watch over it, but his brothers talked him out of it, knowing that he'd be happier continuing his travels.

Just waiting for people to roll in and complain that Pansage didn't learn a new move. As if it needed it, Cilan went over his moveset and he's right that it's quite good, for the anime at least. I really enjoyed the bits of Cilan recalling his journey, both before and during the battle. And the ending. I truly love this guy, hoped to see him get more focus but for what he was worth he is the best male companion so far for me. Next week, IT'S I MISS YOU TAAAIM. ;___; Or after the Cilan x Brock special rather. But yea.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

I can't help but laugh whenever Alexa ditches the group in every episode that doesn't involve a plot with her. You can tell most of these episodes were planned before they inserted her into them.

I wish the battle was longer because Drago is a cool character and I don't feel as if the battle had much weight. At least the location and Snow Warning were nice.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

It was an alright episode, seemed like an odd moment for Cilan to have his big inspirational flashbacks. Of course they're not doing it in a battle with Burgundy...

XY can't get here soon enough.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

That Drago girl fitted Iris for a true rival to fear more than it did to Cilan and his other brothers...who apparently never, EVER evolved their puny little monkeys ever since childhood.

I hope Ash doesn't... Oh wait.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    That Drago girl fitted Iris for a true rival to fear more than it did to Cilan and his other brothers...who apparently never, EVER evolved their puny little monkeys ever since childhood.
    It could be a gym leader thing, keeping the monkeys in their base forms for challengers.

Just goes to show that experience means jack diddly balls in the anime. Ash's Pikachu loses to Trip's Snivy/Servine, Cilan's childhood Pansage loses to Oshawott, Clay's Excadrill that he's had since age 10 loses to an almost freshly caught Roggenrola/Boldore.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

filler or not, I'm glad we got a episode focusing on Cilan and his brothers before the end of the BW saga....it was needed to show how much Cilan has developed since the time he joined Ash's journey.

I'll do my review later.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 29th November 2013 at 4:57 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

I don't see how character episodes like these are filler, just because a Pokemon didn't evolve ect. We got some insight into Cilan's journey, I loved how he brought up that he was basically an observer of the other two. + His doubt about whether he should continue travelling or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I can't help but laugh whenever Alexa ditches the group in every episode that doesn't involve a plot with her. You can tell most of these episodes were planned before they inserted her into them.

I am glad I am not the only one who feels that way. She was definitely shoe-horned in the last minute.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

That Ice Trainer really liked shoving her butt into the screen when throwing her balls. ^^

Ahem.

Good episode, though the battle(s) were kinda bad. Also, yeah, Pansy really doesn't do much. And we've only seen Noivern once.

*Sigh* (-_-) Cilan's episodes are so dialogue oriented that you need to watch them either subbed or dubbed to totally understand what happened in them.

Yes, the plot was basically Jessicicle claiming the gym if she could beat the Jonas Brothers, but it had much more points than only going from point A to point B:
    - The lighthouse where Cilan and Drago battled had a legend about a legendary trainer from Sinnoh battling a legendary trainer from Unova
    - It was revealed later that Drago came from Sinnoh
    - Iris actually proposed Cilan to use Crustle because it had both advantages against Abomasnow (Bug/Rock over Grass/Ice)
    - Cilan decided to use Pansage because it's his longest time partner and did a Tasting Time on himself where he revealed Gluttony as Pansage's ability
    - He also revealed that he has learned a lot from his battles against AND along Ash
    - Also, he said that he learned from Iris how to bond with Pokémon
    - He talked about his journey and how he has know and battled different people and know different battle styles
    - He did a Tasting Time to Drago but he didn't said nothing that it wasn't obvious "You don't connect with your Pokémon's feelings blah blah blah"
    - He actually considered to go back to the Gym with his brothers fearing that another trainer like Drago could appear, but his brothers convinced him to continue his journey

So, in summary, this episode was full of emotion, something that people whined wanted about a Cilan's episode and the most important reason to not call this episode a filler is ... Pansage's ability was revealed ... HAH!!
    Last edited by Squirtle_007; 30th September 2013 at 7:31 AM.

Marena, was it? We need to have more characters with such unique, wild designs. Did anyone notice how her eyes were...mismatched? One was more open than the other. Too bad she just left sulking like that. Poor girl. She was defeated during one of Cilan's monologues where he always loses unless your name is Burgundy...

Huh, who was Burgundy again? I think it was the red-haired girl with dragons. (Just kidding.)

I guess this is Cilan's closure episode with the group, in a way, given all those flashbacks. And speaking of flashbacks, the Striaton Kids should have their own episode...but really, they haven't evolved their monkeys since childhood? I can imagine a forty-year old Ash with a Pikachu.

Cilan: Best wishes to you!

Chili: Smell ya later! Oops! Sorry. Wrong character role.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Marena, was it? We need to have more characters with such unique, wild designs. Did anyone notice how her eyes were...mismatched? One was more open than the other. Too bad she just left sulking like that. Poor girl. She was defeated during one of Cilan's monologues where he always loses unless your name is Burgundy...
    Sure, she was good design wise but seriously, she wanted to take over the Striaton Gym just for the fun of it, for no apparent reason? And on top of that, she came all the way from Sinnoh just take control of a gym in Unova for practically no d@$m reason??!! Talk about half-*****

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Fighting one of those weird warrior cosplayers again who are now after Calem for some reason
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Good episode for Cilan. Brought back a lot of good memories of the BW anime with Cilan focused battles. I'm really gonna miss the good light of Black & White as it draws to a close soon.

Next stop, KANTO! We made it folks!

Good Cilan episode. Marena, just trying to overtake the Gym for fun? Come on, no one wants that. Plus, the Striaton Gym is a restaurant, too. Good thing she deserved the loss to Cilan. Also, it was very great to see Cilan's brothers again and get a bit more screen-time before they're probably forgotten again.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    *Sigh* (-_-) Cilan's episodes are so dialogue oriented that you need to watch them either subbed or dubbed to totally understand what happened in them.

Yes, the plot was basically Jessicicle claiming the gym if she could beat the Jonas Brothers, but it had much more points than only going from point A to point B:
    - The lighthouse where Cilan and Drago battled had a legend about a legendary trainer from Sinnoh battling a legendary trainer from Unova
    - It was revealed later that Drago came from Sinnoh
    - Iris actually proposed Cilan to use Crustle because it had both advantages against Abomasnow (Bug/Rock over Grass/Ice)
    - Cilan decided to use Pansage because it's his longest time partner and did a Tasting Time on himself where he revealed Gluttony as Pansage's ability
    - He also revealed that he has learned a lot from his battles against AND along Ash
    - Also, he said that he learned from Iris how to bond with Pokémon
    - He talked about his journey and how he has know and battled different people and know different battle styles
    - He did a Tasting Time to Drago but he didn't said nothing that it wasn't obvious "You don't connect with your Pokémon's feelings blah blah blah"
    - He actually considered to go back to the Gym with his brothers fearing that another trainer like Drago could appear, but his brothers convinced him to continue his journey

So, in summary, this episode was full of emotion, something that people whined wanted about a Cilan's episode and the most important reason to not call this episode a filler is ... Pansage's ability was revealed ... HAH!!
    Uh huh, except the Dento event revealed that ages ago. Also how hard would it have been to give Pansage a new move here?? Seriously some sort of development for a pokemon of his in his last episode of BW would of been great. And no I don't count the ability being revealed.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast