Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Light of Floccesy Ranch! (774)

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    perhaps a new animator in the hoods?
    Nope, just one that's really great in general. He animated Cameron's gym battle episode with Marlon and Iris's battle episode with Drayden.

1. it's Ash's goddamn Pikachu, an experienced battler vs an sheep herding Ampharos. I'd imagine people would be HAPPY that they showed Ash's Pokemon to be stronger.
    After that Snivy battle at the beginning, this was a godsend. XD.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

1. it's Ash's goddamn Pikachu, an experienced battler vs an sheep herding Ampharos. I'd imagine people would be HAPPY that they showed Ash's Pokemon to be stronger.

2. Pikachu used Thunderbolt while Amphy just used Thundershock so there's that.

I liked the episode, nothing too exciting but entertaining nonetheless. Made me appreciate Dragonite more. Also we had some interesting looking animation in the end half when they fought TR. Lots of nice shading but an inordinary style, perhaps a new animator in the hoods?
    Well I wasn't. It's another cheap attempt to pander to little kids by fleecing an evolved pokemon to make pikachu look good.

So what? In the anime they are functionally the same.

I do not consider Pikachu experienced when it's so called experience led it to lose to a Magikarp, panpour, and fresh off the lab snivy.

By the looks of the scan TRio got easily defeated after Ampharos learned ThunderPunch. Does that mean that things will go like this from now on?

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    By the looks of the scan TRio got easily defeated after Ampharos learned ThunderPunch. Does that mean that things will go like this from now on?
    That happened after Team Rocket dealt with the others, it was hardly an easy defeat overall.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

i thought this was a very cute episode, loved it

9/10
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Nope, just one that's really great in general. He animated Cameron's gym battle episode with Marlon and Iris's battle episode with Drayden.
    Ah, I see. I did think Ash actually looked similar to the Kotetsu episode here, the end of the fight just looked different than usual for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Well I wasn't. It's another cheap attempt to pander to little kids by fleecing an evolved pokemon to make pikachu look good.

So what? In the anime they are functionally the same.

I do not consider Pikachu experienced when it's so called experience led it to lose to a Magikarp, panpour, and fresh off the lab snivy.
    They should make a main characters Pokemon look better more often imo.

And of course they function the same, but Thundershock is a weaker version. Like Skyla told Cilan when he Thundershocked Swanna, at least learn ThunderBOLT before coming onto MY Flying types lololol.

Pikachu hits harder than Ampharos in the games anyway, fact (I dare you to nitpick at the need of a Light Ball, they're never going to change a Pokemon's base stats, if they would they would just boost Pikachu instead of giving it an item lol). Pikachu with a Light Ball actually has a higher Attack stat than Groudon. w00p

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Like g&y said, they fought the main characters first. Also, there have been instances where they were beaten by the "Pokemon of the day" before in BW. Like the Zorua, Audino and Cottonee episodes. The only thing that's different is that they no longer get funded for jet packs apparently. :P
    Last edited by Rohanator; 17th February 2013 at 3:29 PM.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

They should make a main characters Pokemon look better more often imo.

And of course they function the same, but Thundershock is a weaker version. Like Skyla told Cilan when he Thundershocked Swanna, at least learn ThunderBOLT before coming onto MY Flying types lololol.

Pikachu hits harder than Ampharos in the games anyway, fact.
    Not when it's an unevolved toy seller.

Explain why then Pikachu doesn't have thunder. Game accuracy ratings mean nothing in the anime.

LOL 90 vs 115 sp.attack. AND YES GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS ASH'S PIKACHU DOES NOT HAVE A LIGHT BALL.

Not when it's an unevolved toy seller.

Explain why then Pikachu doesn't have thunder. Game accuracy ratings mean nothing in the anime.

LOL 90 vs 115 sp.attack. AND YES GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS ASH'S PIKACHU DOES NOT HAVE A LIGHT BALL.
    Daaayumn all this hate for the little people. D : Isn't Charizard also a toy seller? Hell, everyone's a toy seller. I bought a Boldore figure purely because the anime made me LOVE it. And he did it with minimum screen time. Expert toy seller, right there.

And where'd you get 90 sp.A? Raichu? What's that boy have to do with anything? Hello?
    Pikachu clearly has a Light Ball fused into his body. :]]] It some times malfunctions causing frustrating losses, mainly after periods of slacking off at Pallet town before a new journey.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Daaayumn all this hate for the little people. D : Isn't Charizard also a toy seller? Hell, everyone's a toy seller. I bought a Boldore figure purely because the anime made me LOVE it. And he did it with minimum screen time. Expert toy seller, right there.

And where'd you get 90 sp.A? Raichu? What's that boy have to do with anything? Hello?
    Pikachu clearly has a Light Ball fused into his body. :]]] It some times malfunctions causing frustrating losses, mainly after periods of slacking off at Pallet town before a new journey.
    If BOldore got the kind of exposure the real toy sellers do then I wouldn't be like this.
    K I made a typo.

Pikachu does not have any items anywhere. I suppose next thing you want to say is snivy has an eviolite fused in her body?

Its simply not right how its always the big Pokemon who get embarrassed. I mean dragonite being worn out after being hit by an air cutter?

If BOldore got the kind of exposure the real toy sellers do then I wouldn't be like this.
    K I made a typo.

Pikachu does not have any items anywhere. I suppose next thing you want to say is snivy has an eviolite fused in her body?

Its simply not right how its always the big Pokemon who get embarrassed. I mean dragonite being worn out after being hit by an air cutter?
    Of course I'm kidding, stats simply don't carry over to the anime. And both big and small Pokes get "embarrassed" from time to time. I mean Oshawott and Snivy haven't gotten proper wins in a long time. The only little Pokes used in the Sinnoh league were from Ash's Sinnoh team(I don't count Quilava as little, mid isn't too shabby) and now the only old mon confirmed to return is Zard so they apparently aren't going to have Ash rely on past unevolved Pokes like ever except for Bulbasaur and Squirtle in the BF.

2. Pikachu used Thunderbolt while Amphy just used Thundershock so there's that.

I liked the episode, nothing too exciting but entertaining nonetheless. Made me appreciate Dragonite more. Also we had some interesting looking animation in the end half when they fought TR. Lots of nice shading but an inordinary style, perhaps a new animator in the hoods?
    I have to agree with you. I expected Ash's pikachu to be stronger.

I still like the part when Pikachu got carried away and scared Axew, Dragonite, and Ampharos.

Snivy and Dragonite battling was great.

The sassy Mareep were cute.

Dragonite reminds me of an old grumpy man with the way it is always upset.

8/10

Of course I'm kidding, stats simply don't carry over to the anime. And both big and small Pokes get "embarrassed" from time to time. I mean Oshawott and Snivy haven't gotten proper wins in a long time. The only little Pokes used in the Sinnoh league were from Ash's Sinnoh team(I don't count Quilava as little, mid isn't too shabby) and now the only old mon confirmed to return is Zard so they apparently aren't going to have Ash rely on past unevolved Pokes like ever except for Bulbasaur and Squirtle in the BF.

Snivy's last proper win was when she battled Mincino (or Chincinco??) Idk how you spell it, but she beat a pokemon that appeared to be pretty strong.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Oh hey, they fixed the error with "within our nation". Nothing else of note. Ampharos was funny.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

James still said "to unite "the" people" instead of all. But oh well, I can't nitpick when we got the original motto back.

A pretty regular episode, but I'm glad Team Rocket got the spotlight as the villains.

Dragonite coaching Ampharos to use ThunderPunch was pretty cool. He looked so rash as always.

The Mareep looked strange in this episode, and they also sound... souless in a way. It's been awhile since I saw a Mareep speak in the anime.

ASH how can you not know what a Mareep is? You've seen one already. I can forgive you for dexing it, but not knowing what it is? Really? That's no excuse for you. Even Cilan knew what it was. Dude. You're causing dead brain cells.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

It was a good episode. It was nice of Dragonite to teach Thunderpunch to Ampharos.

Ampharos, stop pulling the Tsundere Mareep from its tail. It doesn't look very kid-friendly.

Funny to see Dragonite refusing to go look for the Mareep until Iris raised her voice. You're a big Barney to her, dude.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

This was an ok episode. I found it oddly amusing how Dragonite tried to teach Ampharos Thunderpunch.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Dat camera angle...

Wow, no "Best wishes" to end the episode this time...
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

The facial expression of the Pokemon was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    This was an ok episode. I found it oddly amusing how Dragonite tried to teach Ampharos Thunderpunch.
    Lol, it would have been a funny gag to somehow fit it into every end to every dub episode episode. I could see the episode wrapping up and the narrator saying something like "as ash's journey contin-" gets cut off and cilan is like "waaaait! Beeeesssst wiiishes!"
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Fine episode. Slightly boring that nothing too special happened here, except for Dragonite teaching Ampharos how to use Thunder Punch.

I liked this episode. I thought Ampharos was funny several times. It was nice of Dragonite to teach him Thunder Punch

I really liked Dragonite being a mentor this episode. It really showed that there is a soft centre within his hard exterior (with a little encouragement of course). It was sensible to use Ampharos and I liked it being used as its one of my favourite Pokémon and overall it was a good episode.

On to the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Always great to see an ampharos, one of my favorites
    And loved how it had no confidence
    Dragonite was great too, nice to see him not as angry
    Loved pikachu and axew playing in mareep coat!

And we seen inside thew poke ball yet again

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

6.5/10, nothing special but it had a few cool scenes - Dragonite in the Pokéball, Snivy and Dragonite playing a part in the episode. Etc.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast