Thread: Starters

Default Starters

http://iaimtodepress.tumblr.com/image/40031660855

Who did you choose and why? Did you use them?
    I chose and used Bulbasaur. I liked Vaporeon more then Squirtle and Ninetails is my fav fire type so for Charmander.
    Cyndiquil was my gen 2 pick Totodile could not compete with Suicune for me
    Mudkip for gen 3
    Turtwig for gen 4
    I usually choose Snivy/oshawatt for gen 5, But I never use any of them. Definitely my least favorite gen for the starters.

For Gen 6 it all depends on evolutions as to who I will go with, But Fennekin winning.

Bulbasaur
    Totodile
    Mudkip
    Chimchar
    Oshawott

For Gen 6, I need to see their type, stats and learnset yet.

Bulbasaur
    Cyndaquil
    Torchic
    Piplup
    Tepig
    Chespin ( I like it, so, I'm going for it )

Gen 1: Squirtle (I've had many playthroughs of LG and FR though, and I often pick Bulbasuar too, but Squirtle was first.)
    Gen 2: Cyndaquil
    Gen 3: Mudkip (Although given the chance again, I would pick Treecko)
    Gen 4: Piplup (but I'm going to get Platinum soon and get Turtwig, who a like better)
    Gen 5: Oshawott in White, Snivy in White 2

Edit: Also, I will probably go for Froakie in Gen 6, but I need to see the evolutions of each before deciding.
    I can smell u

1 - Bulbasaur or Charmander depending on playthrough; I like both, but Charmander gives me more of a challenge for the first two Gyms.
    2 - Cyndaquil
    3 - Torchic
    4 - Chimchar
    5 - Snivy (although I picked Oshawott in B2, just to try something else; I haven't ever, nor will I ever, choose Tepig)

And, talking about the future...
    6 - Fennekin
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

• Charmander, but I restarted and went with Squirtle instead. I was quite the Pokémon noob and had trained only Charizard and a Primeape by the time I was at Team Rocket's hideout in Celadon.
    • Totodile in SS and Cyndaquil in HG. I really like both of them.
    • All three, followed by Torchic only. I wouldn't say that Torchic's my favourite out of the three, but I like it and wanted a change from my usual choices.
    • Piplup in Diamond, and all three in Platinum.
    • Oshawott in White, Tepig in Black and Snivy in Black 2. Snivy's my favourite, though I do like Pignite's design.

As for X and Y, I'm not sure which one I'll go with. Fennekin is very appealing, but I'm warming to Chespin.

Bulbasaur, Totodile, Torchic, Chimchar, Pignite, Chespin. Idk, I just like them haha.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

bulbasaur
    cyndaquil
    mudkip
    turtwig
    snivy

these were the starters i picked the first time through. but i've played all of the games enough times through so that i have had all starters at least once, except tepig. the unova starters kinda sucked in the first place though.
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

1) Charmander, because I love Charmander and especially Charmeleon.
    2) Totodile, because he's the only one I've ever found to be any good.
    3) Treecko or Mudkip; I think Treecko is cool but Mudkip is a lot more useful.
    4) Chimchar, because Infernape has always been really good in my experience.
    5) Tepig, for the same reason as Chimchar.

I'll probably choose Fennekin come Gen VI.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

1. Charmander- my favorite Pokemon is Charizard
    2. Cyndaquil- I love its evolution line
    3. Treecko- Sceptile is awesome
    4. Turtwig- out of the three I like it the most
    5. snivy- its evolution line has weak stats but it like their design
    6. Fennekin- it looks neat and I like fire types

Gen 1, Charmander, he's my favorite starter.
    G2 was Chikorita, They were all good, but I didn't feel like taking Totodile, and Cyndaquil was my least favorite of the three.
    G3 was Treecko, he's just a beast.
    G4 was Piplup, don't like Turtwig at all, and I <3 penguins.
    G5 was Tepig. I'd much prefer Oshawott but my brother took him, and I don't like Snivy at all.

I used them all, probably going to pick Chespin or Fennekin, depends what my brother chooses.

Gen 1: Charmander, even though Charizard is way overrated as a fan favorite, I still like it's design. The neck bothers me though.
    Gen 2: Tododile because he is easy to level up and is quite good as a Feraligatr personally. Cyndaquil was good too but Chikorita was a cruel joke, it can't even take on any of Silver's Pokemon.
    Gen 3: Mudkip, despite Gen 3 being my least favorite of starters.
    Gen 4: Turtwig, underrated but it's been good ingame IMO, also chose Chimchar in Platinum and Piplup is my least favorite starter.
    Gen 5: Snivy in Black and Black 2, Tepig in White and Oshawott in White 2, each were great personally and are my favorite starter lines.
    Gen 6: Fennekin though all are good.