Thread: Platinum Team

Default Platinum Team

Never been to this part of Serebii before... Anywho, I decided to play Platinum again, and being myself I had to plan EVERYTHING out before starting, but I'm not focusing on items or natures. Just beat Fantina a.k.a. one of the easiest leaders ever. Here's the team(when it is finished):

Floatzel
    Aqua Jet
    Crunch
    Surf
    Waterfall

I don't really have HM Slaves... but I might put Ice Fan over Surf and just get a bidoof. Floatzel is the Revenge Killer.

Torterra
    Earthquake
    Wood Hammer
    Cut/Synthesis/Leech Seed
    Rock Smash

Again with Bidoof. Rock Smash hits what Earthquake doesn't, and Cut is just neutral coverage. Kind of physical wall.

Luxray
    Thunder Fang
    Charge/Thunder
    Crunch
    Iron Tail/Fire Fang/Ice Fang

Charge is always useful, and Iron Tail is for coverage(very little but) as is Fore Fang and Ice Fang. Physical Attacker

Noctowl
    Extrasensory/Psychic
    Air Slash
    Fly
    Hypnosis/Reflect/Roost

Special Wall. And Staraptor is too mainstream.

Houndoom
    Flamethrower
    Dark Pulse
    Crunch
    Thunder Fang

Mixed Sweeper

Azelf
    Psychic/Extransensory
    Signal Beam
    Flamethrower
    Energy Ball/ThunderBolt/Shadow Ball

Special Sweeper. I know Azelf is "legendary" but it is my favorite psychic type and I only consider it a "half legendary".

So, what do you think?

Spoiler:- Wild Future:

Quote Originally Posted by redpanda15 View Post
    Never been to this part of Serebii before... Anywho, I decided to play Platinum again, and being myself I had to plan EVERYTHING out before starting, but I'm not focusing on items or natures. Just beat Fantina a.k.a. one of the easiest leaders ever. Here's the team(when it is finished):

Floatzel
    Aqua Jet
    Crunch
    Ice Fang
    Waterfall
    Ice Fang is insanely better than Surf, considering Floatzel excels in Attack anyway. Waterfall is Fine.

I don't really have HM Slaves... but I might put Ice Fan over Surf and just get a bidoof. Floatzel is the Revenge Killer.

Torterra
    Earthquake
    Giga Drain/Leaf Storm
    Leech Seed
    Rock Slide/Stone Edge

Giga Drain or Leaf Storm, depending on what you want. Use it over Wood Hammer, as recoil isn't all too handy in this game, considering the weaknesses Torty has. I personally prefer Leech Seed over Synthesis,mbut if you want use it. NEVER USE CUT. It is horrible. Get a Bibarel. Seriously. Same goes with Rock Smash.

Again with Bidoof. Rock Smash hits what Earthquake doesn't, and Cut is just neutral coverage. Kind of physical wall.

Luxray
    Thunder Fang
    Superpower/Fury Cutter
    Crunch
    Iron Tail
    Luxray can't learn Ice Fang unless you Breed, which I don't think you would want to do. Superpower or Fury Cutter for aditional coverage, make sure you keep physical with Luxray, as that's what he excels in.

Charge is always useful, and Iron Tail is for coverage(very little but) as is Fore Fang and Ice Fang. Physical Attacker

Noctowl
    Extrasensory
    Air Slash
    Heat Wave/Ominous Wind
    Hypnosis/Ominous Wind/Heat Wave
    I prefer Extrasensory, but use Psychic if you want. I like Ominous Wind and Heat Wave for coverage, as Roost is not too usefull as it loses a Ground immunity, and gains a Fighting weakness for a turn.

Special Wall. And Staraptor is too mainstream.

Houndoom
    Flamethrower
    Dark Pulse
    Iron Tail
    Thunder Fang
    Iron Tail is a bit redundant, but you don't need two Dark Type moves.

Mixed Sweeper

Azelf
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Flamethrower
    Energy Ball

Special Sweeper. I know Azelf is "legendary" but it is my favorite psychic type and I only consider it a "half legendary".

So, what do you think?
    Okay... Like I said, you have problems with double moves, and unneccesary moves.

And, I recommend you switch one of these Pokémon ;0(or rotae until you get Azelf) with Froslass, as Azelf is not available until late in the game, and your team lacks Ice/Ghost type Moves.

Froslass
    Wake Up Slap
    Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball
    Psychic/Water Pulse

Oh, and any Changes I made to the team are Bolded.

good but why give torterra wood hammer when you could give it leaf storm it drops your special but you have lots of physical moves and why use an unnescesary recoil move?

And instead of floatzal you should switch to Sharpedo same moves but better stats

For Luxray use charge and iron tail or dont use charge and get T-Bolt its up to you

Use phycic for Azelf AND Noctowl get roost for Noctowl and get shadow ball for Avelf

Over all great team hope it helps and if it does can you rate my pokemon platinum team? THanks :P