Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: games that never "made it"

Now that I think of it, I don't do a lot of Computer gaming. It's been something I've taken for granted. I guess I'm just used to console gaming. Although I've always kind of wanted to play WOW. My dad has WOW, but he won't allow me to install it on my mom's computer.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    On consoles, possibly. PCs can do so much nowadays in terms of gaming, and I'm fairly sure that, by specs, my current laptop is stronger than at least some current gen consoles. Plus, you don't need to buy new hardware past the computer you already basically need to get along in the world at all. PC gaming just currently has huge advantages over consoles. There's some great console titles out there, though. Or at least good ones.
    I think it's store bought games that are dying out moreso than games in general. Most people nowadays can sit at home and download hundreds upon hundreds of games for less than half the price of going out and buying new games at stores. And now that downloadable games are becoming more and more higher-end, the appeal of spending gas money to go out and buy a 60 dollar game is dropping.

And it'll drop even further if rumors about the next-gen XBox and Playstation are true.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

What, just now? Honestly, it seems like a lot of OVGD has been like that lately.
    It's always been this way, it was just so much more fun when people like arceus7 would come and just dig themselves into deeper and deeper holes until mods had to put a stop to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    Also, I don't feel I did anything wrong by saying that most games are overshadowed by shooters, because mostly the places I hear about non-shooters are in specialty forums like this. And even here I hear too much about shooters. "Oh, Minesweeper is a ripoff of Call Of Duty, hur dur." Even in this discussion, I'm still trying to contribute to the actual topic.
    Why does the whole Minesweeper thing bother you that much? It's just a running joke, and you seem to get angrier at that than anything else on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    It's always been this way, it was just so much more fun when people like arceus7 would come and just dig themselves into deeper and deeper holes until mods had to put a stop to it.
    "I am a retard but not in the light you seem to regard me as"...

I loved that guy!
    Last edited by Rezzo; 20th February 2013 at 3:40 AM.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    Yep, it's official.

This thread is starting to turn into a normal YouTube comment section.
    Arrow to the knee, my username is longer than Justin Bieber's ****

Now it's like a normal YouTube comments section :P

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Arrow to the knee, my username is longer than Justin Bieber's ****

Now it's like a normal YouTube comments section :P
    you forgot the "FIRST!" and "Like if blah."
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

On consoles, possibly. PCs can do so much nowadays in terms of gaming, and I'm fairly sure that, by specs, my current laptop is stronger than at least some current gen consoles. Plus, you don't need to buy new hardware past the computer you already basically need to get along in the world at all. PC gaming just currently has huge advantages over consoles. There's some great console titles out there, though. Or at least good ones.
    That said, I don't think PC gaming will ever outdo consoles though, or at least put an end to the. Consoles also have a few advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    you forgot the "FIRST!" and "Like if blah."
    X people are Y!

That's more like it

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    That said, I don't think PC gaming will ever outdo consoles though, or at least put an end to the. Consoles also have a few advantages.
    Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but what would these advantages be?

Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    ...Did we read the same post? He used a lot of rude sarcasm in his post and acted like the target was an idiot. I hardly consider that "Not rude."

And that's personal experience that all I ever hear about in most forums is shooters. Sue me. If you think I'm wrong, tell me politely. Because this...

...and this...

...and this...

...and of coarse this...

...is TOTALLY not being rude. *sarcasm*
    I'm not here to argue, but only that middle post could be considered rude. Just FYI.
    My Y Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but what would these advantages be?
    Sorry, I missed this post. There's a few things.
    -Easy setup
    -Games are guaranteeing to work(for the most part).
    -Split-screen gaming.
    -Cheaper investment compared to building a PC.
    -1st party exclusives
    -Portability compared to gaming desktops

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456