Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: games that never "made it"

There's also the fact that FPS and other types of gun games (Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Fall Out, Etc.) pretty much dominate the game market these days. Can we just move on from that topic?

I always felt the Playstation had a lot of underrated RPGs. Saga Frontier, Legend of Legia, and Star Ocean: Second Story were some of my personal favorites.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    There's also the fact that FPS and other types of gun games (Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Fall Out, Etc.) pretty much dominate the game market these days. Can we just move on from that topic?
    None of those games are dominating anything. Fall Out's sales are okay.

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    As for a game to contribute, how about Pokemon Snap. It has a cult following, but obviously didn't sell that well, at least not well enough for a sequel (which would be amazing on Wii U with the gamepad as the camera).

woot21 out dawgs
    I'd like a Snap sequel, just to see more of the pokemon actually in motion. But yeah, it was not very well received early on, as far as I can tell. No matter how much it's liked now, I think that'd be a huge stumbling block, sadly.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Whatever. I'm just saying that Gun games in general seem to be dominant among video games, but I guess it's just me.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Whatever. I'm just saying that Gun games in general seem to be dominant among video games, but I guess it's just me.
    They are. A big brawny soldier appeals to 13 year olds somehow, and they're the biggest market.
    Last edited by Rezzo; 16th February 2013 at 4:41 AM.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Congratulations! You pointed out an obvious fact and completely missed the point of the topic!

Your prize is as follows: The knowledge that this thread is about obscure, unpopular, or overlooked games rather than how popular the shooter genre is. As a bonus prize you will also receive the point that while the shooter genre is popular, other sorts of games (such as this forums own focus: Pokémon) are also popular too. Your shipment will arrive within 7-10 working days with free shipping, handling, and an assortment of helpful hints like: "your own personal experience does not reflect sales numbers or overall popularity" and "using made up facts will draw people to point them out."

System Shock 2 is a pretty obvious answer.

Not many people play Ricochet either (though, it is a game released in 1999).

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Klonoa: Door to Phantomile,
    This, pretty much. It's kind of shocking how many people have never even heard of this franchise. It's a shame it isn't more popular.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    I'd like a Snap sequel, just to see more of the pokemon actually in motion. But yeah, it was not very well received early on, as far as I can tell. No matter how much it's liked now, I think that'd be a huge stumbling block, sadly.
    Oh, Snap! That was an awesome game! I remember playing it with a few friends for hours on end on his N64 back in the day. I really hope they make a sequel to it some day.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    System Shock 2 is a pretty obvious answer.
    I don't think that counts, since it didn't sell well but since then has become hyper-popular, and in fact right now is the top-selling game on GOG.

Same with Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Congratulations! You pointed out an obvious fact and completely missed the point of the topic!

Your prize is as follows: The knowledge that this thread is about obscure, unpopular, or overlooked games rather than how popular the shooter genre is. As a bonus prize you will also receive the point that while the shooter genre is popular, other sorts of games (such as this forums own focus: Pokémon) are also popular too. Your shipment will arrive within 7-10 working days with free shipping, handling, and an assortment of helpful hints like: "your own personal experience does not reflect sales numbers or overall popularity" and "using made up facts will draw people to point them out."
    Please don't do that.

Besides that, I really didn't. Yes, I've heard a lot about Pokemon on hear and DeviantArt, but in a lot of other places I go to, all I EVER hear about is Call of Duty, or Resident Evil, or other games like that. Heck, even HERE, I hear too much about Call of Duty and such. So for me to say "Any game that doesn't have guns," is actually not as far off as you think. You're just going to different communities. I'm not using made up facts, you are just starting to be a jerk. Case closed. Drop it.
    Last edited by MugoUrth; 16th February 2013 at 5:38 PM.

Oh Christ, here we go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Oh Christ, here we go again.
    ...You're right. I'm sorry. *Calm down, Mugo* But seriously guys, please stop the bullying.

I've seen a few comments on Earthbound, but I can think of a lot of other RPGs that never made it, and a lot of them are overshadowed by Final Fantasy (And to a lesser extent, Chrono Trigger). I remember Secret of Mana, Terranigma, Illusion of Gaia, and a few others.

...You're right. I'm sorry. *Calm down, Mugo* But seriously guys, please stop the bullying.
    Oh man that made me laugh, since no one was actually bullying you and was actually telling just how wrong you were.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 16th February 2013 at 6:14 PM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Telling you that there are a lot of popular non-shooter games = Bullying?????

Get over yourself lmao.

Uhh... No. Telling me there are popular non-shooters isn't bullying. But doing it rudely is.

Charizard wasn't even rude. You were using personal experiences on unknown forums to pass your statements as fact. He pretty much told you everything that was wrong with your statements.

Stop thinking that every time someone corrects you it's "bullying."

Uhh... No. Telling me there are popular non-shooters isn't bullying. But doing it rudely is.
    Fun fact: People tend to get a little annoyed when someone barely considers what they say and keeps saying "I hear a lot of talk about shooters so that means very few non-shooters sell well".

I wouldn't even call their posts rude anyway.
    Last edited by Josef Stylin; 16th February 2013 at 6:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullkid View Post
    People tend to get a little annoyed when someone barely considers what they say and keeps saying "I hear a lot of talk about shooters so that means very few non-shooters sell well".

I wouldn't even call their posts rude anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Charizard wasn't even rude. You were using personal experiences on unknown forums to pass your statements as fact. He pretty much told you everything that was wrong with your statements.

Stop thinking that every time someone corrects you it's "bullying."
    ...Did we read the same post? He used a lot of rude sarcasm in his post and acted like the target was an idiot. I hardly consider that "Not rude."

And that's personal experience that all I ever hear about in most forums is shooters. Sue me. If you think I'm wrong, tell me politely. Because this...

...and this...

"A few" exceptions?

If that's really the case, you seriously need to look at a much larger game library, sir.
    ...and this...

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post

...and of coarse this...

...is TOTALLY not being rude. *sarcasm*
    Last edited by MugoUrth; 16th February 2013 at 6:33 PM.

Have you tried maybe not bringing it up anymore? We could have been done a long time ago if you'd just walked away.

The usual links

If everyone else wants to drop it and stop being a jerk, than I'll stop bringing it up.

Now that I think of it, speaking of genres, there are actually quite a few genres that go without saying now-adays. For example, fighting games. I go to a Fighting Game forum where they're obviously talked about a lot, but anywhere else I go there's very little discussion on them. It's kind of a shame because Fighting Games are among my favorite games.

...Did we read the same post? He used a lot of rude sarcasm in his post and acted like the target was an idiot. I hardly consider that "Not rude."
    Being rude doesn't mean that he was bullying you. Which is what you though he was doing.

And that's personal experience that all I ever hear about in most forums is shooters. Sue me. If you think I'm wrong, tell me politely.
    It's funny how you keep mentioning "most forums" but you never actually back up your statement by saying which one it is, for we know you could be going to a Call of Duty forum.

Have you tried maybe not bringing it up anymore? We could have been done a long time ago if you'd just walked away.
    But then he would be letting the "bully" win and gosh darn it we can't let the evil mean "bully" win.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Now that I think of it, speaking of genres, there are actually quite a few genres that go without saying now-adays. For example, fighting games. I go to a Fighting Game forum where they're obviously talked about a lot, but anywhere else I go there's very little discussion on them. It's kind of a shame because Fighting Games are among my favorite games.
    Yeah, most fighting games are kind of niche. I just wish that people who discuss the genre would realize there's more to it than Smash Bros., Skullgirls and Street Fighter... e.g. Guilty Gear.

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Being rude doesn't mean that he was bullying you. Which is what you though he was doing.
    I'm sorry if he wasn't trying to bully, but he came off as one. Sorry about the mix-up. >_>

Yeah, most fighting games are kind of niche. I just wish that people who discuss the genre would realize there's more to it than Smash Bros., Skullgirls and Street Fighter... e.g. Guilty Gear.
    Yeah. I think Fighting Games period are underrated. Samurai Shodown, Soul Caliber, King of Fighters, Tekken, Darkstalkers, Last Blade and of coarse a lot of obscure one-hit-wonders too like Cyberbots, Warzard, WakuWaku 7, Rakuga Kids, etc.

For heaven's sake not this again

Bullying: MugoUrth you're an idiot and you should go and do something bad to yourself because no one likes you. I'm gonna harass you by sending you horrible messages now.

Not Bullying: MugoUrth your opinions are really stupid.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast