Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: games that never "made it"

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    For heaven's sake not this again

Bullying: MugoUrth you're an idiot and you should go and do something bad to yourself because no one likes you. I'm gonna harass you by sending you horrible messages now.

Still Bullying (Or at the very least still being a jerk): MugoUrth your opinions are really stupid.

NOT Bullying: MugoUrth, no offense, but I don't see how that is correct.
    Fixed. Seriously. I would REALLY like you guys to stop trying to justify insulting someone. Can we PLEASE drop it now?
    Last edited by MugoUrth; 16th February 2013 at 6:20 PM.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Having the opinion that someone's opinions are stupid doesn't make anyone a bully.

I think that anyone who defends stuff like Sonic 06 has some really stupid opinions. Doesn't make me a bully.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    Guilty Gear.
    Good taste.

To be honest, so what if someone likes Sonic 06? Saying an opinion is stupid is like saying they are not entitled to it.

Also, yes. Guilty Gear is metal.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

If people are entitled to their opinions, others should have a right to disagree with said opinions.

I don't mind disagreeing. I just don't like how some people not only disagree, but they act like people are just plain wrong and are idiots for their opinions.

I feel like I'm in the old Super Smash Bros. Brawl threads. It feels good. *waits for this thread to get locked*

As for overlooked generes, how about puzzle games (outside of Tetris and game like Layton and Ace Attorney). A lot of puzzle games get very little coverage in the media.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

No More Heroes 1, 2 and Paradise should be more successful in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    I feel like I'm in the old Super Smash Bros. Brawl threads. It feels good. *waits for this thread to get locked*

As for overlooked generes, how about puzzle games (outside of Tetris and game like Layton and Ace Attorney). A lot of puzzle games get very little coverage in the media.

woot21 out dawgs
    I would like to add time management games to that list, though they're now reduced to social games
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    I would like to add time management games to that list, though they're now reduced to social games
    Wouldn't any RTS be a time management game?

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.

Yeah, I've been kinda' bummed that they're not releasing anymore Digimon games. I was kinda' (scratch that- REALLY) hoping that they'd release Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Red/Blue (DS) in the U.S. ..... Sadly, it looks like that was just a dream..... Though, since Digimon isn't nearyl as popular here now as it used to be, it'd of taken a miracle....
    "But the miracle never happened.... Because miracles don't exist." (Wow, never thought I'd ever have to quote the most depressing line from the Ace Attorney sries...)

Wouldn't any RTS be a time management game?

woot21 out dawgs
    huh, never thought of it that way. I was more thinking about those downloadable games from my childhood where you had to click certain things in order to complete actions. Forgot the name though.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Speaking of rudeness and games that never made it, Japanese visual novels never made it overseas. Speaking in that sense; a lot of games never made it.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    I don't mind disagreeing. I just don't like how some people not only disagree, but they act like people are just plain wrong and are idiots for their opinions.
    If people aren't idiots for having stupid opinions, then what is an idiot?

You might be waiting for a few weeks there, friend. OVGD is a very lonely and scary place at times these days.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

People who believe things won't sell because of too much variety.

You might be waiting for a few weeks there, friend. OVGD is a very lonely and scary place at times these days.
    It took the SSB threads a while to die too. It was a fun ride, except for the crazy furry.

woot21 out dawgs

People who believe things won't sell because of too much variety.
    *cough*Sonic 06*coughs, along with some blood*

Sorry for the delay guys! I've been sick in bed for most of today, bleh.

...You're right. I'm sorry. *Calm down, Mugo* But seriously guys, please stop the bullying.
    Mugo, you're probably one of my favourite members here on the site. This isn't sarcasm either. The way you disregard what people are saying and get so easily offended is charming in its own way. <3

...Did we read the same post? He used a lot of rude sarcasm in his post and acted like the target was an idiot. I hardly consider that "Not rude."
    So if what you're saying is true and sarcasm means I'm being rude, then does this mean you're bullying me? :

...is TOTALLY not being rude. *sarcasm*
    I'm sorry if he wasn't trying to bully, but he came off as one. Sorry about the mix-up. >_>
    Rudeness and opinions and other stuff aside, you at least understood what I was saying, right? The part about "your own personal experience does not reflect sales numbers or overall popularity"? If you want to be part of the discussion you'll need to do a bit of research beforehand. Instead of weighing what's popular from only your point of view, you'll need to look up some sales numbers and industry trends to get a better grasp of the overall situation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreaterLucario View Post
    Yeah, I've been kinda' bummed that they're not releasing anymore Digimon games. I was kinda' (scratch that- REALLY) hoping that they'd release Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Red/Blue (DS) in the U.S. ..... Sadly, it looks like that was just a dream..... Though, since Digimon isn't nearyl as popular here now as it used to be, it'd of taken a miracle....
    "But the miracle never happened.... Because miracles don't exist." (Wow, never thought I'd ever have to quote the most depressing line from the Ace Attorney sries...)
    To be fair, Digimon games aren't really good anyway.

Elite Beat Agents

One of the underrated games for the DS.

That and the Ouendan series(despite the sequel).
    Last edited by Savvao; 17th February 2013 at 2:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    Pretty sure that did bad due to horrible controls, cameras, and game-breaking glitches.

As for the EBA comment, that is a shame, since NP seemed to love it, and try to get everyone to buy it. Sadly I have no rhythm, so rhythm games aren't my thing.

woot21 out dawgs

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    So if what you're saying is true and sarcasm means I'm being rude, then does this mean you're bullying me? :
    I'm not going to lie and I'm sure many of us share my opinion but sarcasm usually come out as cruel in the written form.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    No, no, NO! Digimon World for the PlayStation is AWESOME! I don't care about the bad reviews, it's so much fun in my opinion! The real kicker is the T rating by the ERSB and the fact that the franchise is aimed towards youngsters in North America. So many people missed out because of that and thank God for the E10+ rating.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Well, they're OK if you're into turn-based RPGS like I am. They're not if you've never been a huge fan of T-B RPGs. I mean, yeah, the the DS Digimon games aren't the best DS RPG games out there (ESPECIALLY Digimon World Championships. That one SUCKED.), but they're not terrible either (They're certainly better than, oh, Drawn to Life.). I think one big factor in how much one would enjoy the Digimon DS games is whether they enjoyed the show as a kid or not.

As for the EBA comment, that is a shame, since NP seemed to love it, and try to get everyone to buy it. Sadly I have no rhythm, so rhythm games aren't my thing.
    I still have those issues, they gave it a 9 or a 10 iirc. I was genuinely surprised, but it did help gain my interest.

Undying.
    It's a great game with a awesome story and atmosphere.

But it didn't made it.

The reason I get offended easily is because it's oh-so-hard for people to talk in a kind, polite manner. It's too boring. Being a jerk is more fun. And since you refuse to do so by continuing to call me an idiot for having a different opinion than yours, which might I add I think in itself is a stupid opinion, you're showing it clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Sorry for the delay guys! I've been sick in bed for most of today, bleh.

Mugo, you're probably one of my favourite members here on the site. This isn't sarcasm either. The way you disregard what people are saying and get so easily offended is charming in its own way. <3

Rudeness and opinions and other stuff aside, you at least understood what I was saying, right? The part about "your own personal experience does not reflect sales numbers or overall popularity"? If you want to be part of the discussion you'll need to do a bit of research beforehand. Instead of weighing what's popular from only your point of view, you'll need to look up some sales numbers and industry trends to get a better grasp of the overall situation.
    Alright, we get it. Shooters aren't as dominant and popular as half the sites I go to make them out to be. Can we drop it, please?

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    Although it isn't everyones favorite game, people act like it's a crime to have any appreciation for that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Savvao View Post
    Elite Beat Agents

One of the underrated games for the DS.
    Yes, please. WHERE'S OUR SEQUAL, NINTENDO!?! I kind of hope they make one for the 3DS, but I doubt it will happen.

Although it isn't everyones favorite game, people act like it's a crime to have any appreciation for that game.
    Well it's pretty much impossible to not hate the game after you see this review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCwwxCL4iyw

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast