Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Luigi's Mansion Series

I've been trying to do the Scarescraper for the past couple of hours, but finding a room that

a) Doesn't fill up before you enter
    b) The host doesn't D/C or sit around waiting forever
    c) Doesn't have everyone else D/C as soon as you enter
    d) Has reasonably competent people (as in, they at least try to go through rooms and find ghosts)

is practically impossible.

Spoiler:- ENDGAME SPOILERS!:

~The Head Honchkrow~

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

Well here are my thoughts of the game:

Spoiler:- Warning spoilers:

I've got one more level to play and then I'll be facing the boss of the second mansion. I'm very much enjoying the game, though today I suffered my first game over. Now I see how cruel it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    I've got one more level to play and then I'll be facing the boss of the second mansion. I'm very much enjoying the game, though today I suffered my first game over. Now I see how cruel it can be.
    Fortunately, the golden bones do help to ease the cruelty. That was a nice touch that I didn't even realize until it happened to me.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Fortunately, the golden bones do help to ease the cruelty. That was a nice touch that I didn't even realize until it happened to me.
    Hmm, I had the game over only twice or so, but I never had a golden bone along (though usually I find one easily) so I can only guess its purpose.
    Primary 3DS FC: 3883-5608-5531 | Teddiursa, Minccino, Eevee
    Secondary 3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834 | Bibarel, Quagsire, Poliwhirl
    IGN: LISA for trades, Esch for battles

PM me for German Meadow pattern (HQ) Scatterbugs

THT SP count: 0 *sob*

Credits to Astral Shadow for the userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by Escheria View Post
    Hmm, I had the game over only twice or so, but I never had a golden bone along (though usually I find one easily) so I can only guess its purpose.
        Spoiler:- What the bone does it's not really a spoiler but just in case some people want to see for themselves and be surprised IDK:
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

So, anyone been able to make it through a 25F Scarescraper online yet?

Without any D/Cs?

Nope cause everyone that I play with never does more then 15F, an half of the time we don't even finish that due to other players.
    I don't know if their having connection problems or what but they either don't move, or they hardly do anything.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
        Spoiler:- My E3 Wish List:

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    So, anyone been able to make it through a 25F Scarescraper online yet?

Without any D/Cs?
    Nope. Four of us should trade friend codes and set a time when to tackle it. Although it would be hard to get in contact one another. I have a solution but discussing it breaks one of the forum's rules...

I don't do so well in the Scarescraper, I really like taking my time and tackling each mansion slowly and the transition to the online multiplayer doesn't work well.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I recently managed to get through a 25-Floor Normal Hunter Scarescraper/Thrill Tower.

As for me, I'm a person who likes to attack and run after the battle, only stopping to pick up keys and health.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I don't do so well in the Scarescraper, I really like taking my time and tackling each mansion slowly and the transition to the online multiplayer doesn't work well.
    Same. A central feature of both Luigi's Mansion games was the fact that there was so much to explore, and so many little things to discover, which made it beneficial to take your time and comb over every inch of every room.

But then the online multiplayer is just... something different altogether. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but after playing through the story, it definitely feels like a complete 180 in terms of play style needed.

Nope. Four of us should trade friend codes and set a time when to tackle it. Although it would be hard to get in contact one another. I have a solution but discussing it breaks one of the forum's rules...
    Whatever it is, I'd be down for it, provided it's free. PM me.

Same. A central feature of both Luigi's Mansion games was the fact that there was so much to explore, and so many little things to discover, which made it beneficial to take your time and comb over every inch of every room.
    As odd is this sounds, have you tried Rush Mode? That's actually almost exactly the strategy you'd need for it: taking your time and searching the furniture in every room thoroughly to make sure you have enough Timepieces to make it to the exit hatch.

If pure ghost-hunting doesn't appeal to you, you may want to try that.

But then the online multiplayer is just... something different altogether. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but after playing through the story, it definitely feels like a complete 180 in terms of play style needed.
    See, me, I've probably spent more time on the multiplayer than in the single-player (I'm up to Mission B-2).

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Wolf-Howl View Post
    As for me, I'm a person who likes to attack and run after the battle, only stopping to pick up keys and health.
    My playstyle is... fickle, I guess. I'm the type to separate from the group and look for ghosts on my own, and thankfully I'm competent enough to succeed. The way I see it, two or three people in a single room shouldn't have any problem (excepting boss fights, mind), so my going off on my own to either hunt ghosts separately or just look for cash/health/keys/a position for Red Coin Scramble probably serves the team better than following everyone else and clogging up doorways and wardrobes and such. I'll answer calls for help, of course, and I'll press onward into the mansion if everyone is being incompetent/not having a key, but I see my role as acting as a separate entity serving a greater team.

Yeah, I kind of use that play style as well. I only slow down in Rush mode to pick up Timepieces and gold, but aside from that, I like to work alone and get as many ghosts as I can. I also only choose to stay in the same dark room as others if it's one of the only ones open or if I'm fighting the boss.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

I have claimed Pyroar!

So I was playing Thrill Tower/ScareScraper and it was me and one other person doing 25F normal hunter mode. Now this person wasn't a great player but he/she would check every item in the room and check the whole place with dark light, but whenever he/she got the key to the final door he/she would take forever to open it and would check the whole floor for the crappy bombs. On the 20th floor the time was so short by the time he/she opened the door that I had less than 10 seconds to defeat 2 reds and 3 greens, I made it just as the clock hit 0. I was alone and was screaming at my 3DS, I hope never to run into him/her again.
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

That happened to me once on a 10-Floor normal Scarescraper. I was playing to get all the bosses, when I find an empty tower with another player- 'staffie', I think it is. Not knowing what would happen, I entered the tower.

It was only a matter of time before he proved his uselessness. It was floor 2, and we were each going our respective ways on the floor. Without realising, he picked up a pumpkin. I took nothing of it and continued on, but soon enough, he starts to call for help. I tried to show him how to dislodge it. It was only after I accidentally got a bomb to hit him that it was dislodged. The next floor, he wandered an entire room with a key while I stood by a locked door yelling 'Hey!'. Finally, he opened it, but with a little bit of time remaining. On the boss floor, he then had the nerve to disconnect while I was low on HP and struggling.

I have claimed Pyroar!

got this game yesterday really wondering why there is no Second Circle Pad support as at least an option would make it a lil bit easier tbh

I've just finished the main game. It was highly enjoyable and I'd class it as one of my favourite 3DS titles. I've unlocked all of the upgrades for the Poltergust 5000, but I'm not sure if I'll be replaying the missions for three star rankings immediately. I only managed to do it for four or five missions as I played through the game.

I haven't gotten New Moon yet! >_< Can any one tell me if it's at all like the first, one of my favorite games of all time?
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

^It's a lot different, but I've played the first and I'd honestly say the second is better. There's no cool portrait ghosts, so there's a larger focus on puzzling, which I came to admire.

Did anyone have the hardest time getting the spiky thing into the venus flytrap in the jungle part of E-2? Because I shot it like 50 times at the thing, to no avail, after finding the first toad... And, it still didn't work. So I restarted.

When you first see that flytrap, you can't beat it. You have to leave and come back later when you open all the portals.

When you open them all, you'll be able to bring the bucket from the Dark Age Exhibit, then fill it, then water the plant on the lower part of the room. It will grow and sprout one of the fruits that you used against these monsters in the second mansion. Then you can defeat the plant and save the Toad.

Edit: Oh, you did that? Well, IMOHO, I'd suggest rescuing this Toad FIRST, and THEN the one in the Ice Age Exhibit. It's easier to beat the plant if the guy isn't following you.

Just got the game today and I've made good progress in the game. Unlocked Scarescraper, but I haven't tried it out yet. Maybe sometime later this weekend I'll try it. If not, definitely next weekend maybe some of us could get together to play!

Is it alright if everyone puts story-related stuff in spoilers? I wouldn't want myself or someone else accidentally finding out what to do here!
        Spoiler:- My Pokémon Teams & Video Game Identities:

Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    I've just finished the main game. It was highly enjoyable and I'd class it as one of my favourite 3DS titles. I've unlocked all of the upgrades for the Poltergust 5000, but I'm not sure if I'll be replaying the missions for three star rankings immediately. I only managed to do it for four or five missions as I played through the game.
    I noticed your post. I should tell you, getting a three-star rank on some of them is very, very hard.

For example, I take it you know how hard the Boss Battle with Big Boo is? To get a three star on that, you need to do it in under four minutes, AND take absolutely NO damage. Even harder than it sounds.

I beat the main game today. It's such an awesome game and definitely my favorite 3DS game and one of my favorite games of all time. There are so many great moments. Still need to get all the Boos, Gems & Scarescraper Ghosts (which means I'll probably be playing Scarescraper a lot after all Boos & Gems are collected). Also would like 3 stars on all missions. Of course I know that some will be very hard!
        Spoiler:- My Pokémon Teams & Video Game Identities:

Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I picked up the game, finally! So far I've beaten the first four levels, and they were great. Mainly I go through and get all the collectibles in a level on my first try, and get three stars in the mission on the next try. The ScareScraper is awesome, too. I've only played one round, and on floor 14 or something three of us fainted, and the one who was left couldn't control his curse, so he bailed on us. I'm going to be on the ScareScraper for a while, and later I'll go back to the Dark Moon Quest.

I''ll be down for doing the ScareScraper with anyone. Just run your FC by me!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast