Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: remake of all the old games for DS

Hybrid View

Default remake of all the old games for DS

i think the remake of all the old Pokemon games such such as yellow, blue, red, leaf green, fire red, ruby, sapphire and emerald for the DS would be a great way to capture the joy of the old games.

keep all the original designs eg, Pokemon yellow Pikachu is your starter Pokemon and only Pikachu fallows you around.

there's already a remake of silver and gold what happened to the others?

LeafGreen and FireRed are remakes in their own right. HG and SS somewhat already capture Kanto. The next remake should, and probably will be, Hoenn. Perhaps after Gen VI is released.

That won't happen. It'd oversaturate the market. Plus, the DS is a dead console.

I would love to see remakes. Gen VI style on the 3DS, of course. Gen III is my favorite, so I would love to play an updated version of that, and I've always wanted to see a remake of Yellow.

You know what else would be cool? If they released any of those games for the Virtual Console on the 3DS. It probably won't happen -- it would be hard to reprogram games that rely so much on communication for a new system -- but I would play any of them in a heartbeat.

I's like to see some Gen. 4 remakes for 3DS (though I don't have one yet), along with remakes of R/S/E.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Meeker View Post
    I's like to see some Gen. 4 remakes for 3DS (though I don't have one yet), along with remakes of R/S/E.
    I say wait for the next console and/or Generation for the Gen IV remakes :P
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Well I too think that FR/LG are remakes along with SS/HG. I'd like to see RS remakes formatted to the DS/3DS just because that's a game i'd like to see and i'm working on my HG game. As for D/P they already have it on the DS
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Constantly remaking the older games would start to reek of desperation. Leaf Green and Fire Red were great remakes at the time, but even now they are looking dated considering the leaps in 3D technology on hand held devices. What's next? A remake of a remake?

You can still FIND new 4th gen games, including the Sinnoh games, in some stores. There's no need to remake games that are readily available.

HGSS had Kanto and there's really no need to re-visit Kanto unless you give it a brand new purpose.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    Constantly remaking the older games would start to reek of desperation. Leaf Green and Fire Red were great remakes at the time, but even now they are looking dated considering the leaps in 3D technology on hand held devices. What's next? A remake of a remake?
    Pokemon BurningFireRed and SharpLeafGreen!

Coming to 3DS in 2013!
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

Quote Originally Posted by AmusedMilk View Post
    Pokemon BurningFireRed and SharpLeafGreen!

Coming to 3DS in 2013!
    And don't forget Pokemon GlitteringHeartGold and ShiningSoulSilver! See your Pokemon walk with you in full 3D!

Just toss them all on the Virtual Console and call it a day.

C'myan, GameFreak and Nintendo. You know we have money, and you know we'd give it to you if you did that.

They already made remakes for gen 1 and 2 they won't do it again >.>

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

It would be cool, but I highly doubt that they would remake the mother/earthbound series games
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

No, that would be overkill.

The remakes we have capture the essence of Gen I and Gen II already, there's no need to do them again.

Out of all the games you mentioned, I can only see Ruby and Sapphire getting remakes, and I don't even think they're much necessary.

You can always simply go back and play the old games again if you miss them.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

I wanted the R/S remakes on the DS that was all the gens would have been for DS because all the characters from Hoeen look old and outdated compared to everyone else. Now if they are gonna be remade then all the chracters will have updated sprites and everyone from Gen 1, 2, 3, and 5 would be the old and outated ones.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

They of course can integrate the remake in the new game/gen. Like a post game that would take us to older region.
    At least Hoenn.
    Im losing my hope of R/S/E remakes btw.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

I'd rather have BW2 style sequels than straight remakes. There's more potential for interesting Pokedex and region design changes then.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I'd rather have BW2 style sequels than straight remakes. There's more potential for interesting Pokedex and region design changes then.
    The only problem is that BW2-style sequels can only work for certain storylines (it was fantastic because N's/Ghetsis' story was open-ended, and we didn't know the full potential of Kyurem, and how it came to be from the indigenous Unovans' perspectives, and Unova as a whole was underdeveloped and quite bland, which BW2 fixed). I mean, you could argue that RBY-GSC was fantastic because the Johto-Kanto storyline meshed beautifully.

I don't know if it would work for a story like regions like Hoenn and Sinnoh given that there isn't much open-ended after the Team Magma-Aqua and Hoenn's Elite 4 are beaten. Plus, I personally would find it weird if new pokemon designs were suddenly discovered after we solidified the pokedex for that region.

Quote Originally Posted by KeldeoCool View Post
    It would be cool. But, as Satoshi says in most of the interviews, he is most likely going to keep on the "new ideas". But, it would be cool to see Pikachu follow you one more!
    what

Not only has Tajiri not done any interviews recently, he hasn't worked on any of the games past Gen I like at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    The only problem is that BW2-style sequels can only work for certain storylines (it was fantastic because N's/Ghetsis' story was open-ended, and we didn't know the full potential of Kyurem, and how it came to be from the indigenous Unovans' perspectives, and Unova as a whole was underdeveloped and quite bland, which BW2 fixed). I mean, you could argue that RBY-GSC was fantastic because the Johto-Kanto storyline meshed beautifully.
    You could say that about Hoenn or Sinnoh, though. Archie/Maxie and Cyrus aren't exactly behind bars, and it's not as if there's no potential for new villians, or even new myths/forms to older Pokemon. Like how Unova had added areas to compensate for the fact that BW1 were arguably the shortest main series games yet (if you consider GSCHGSS only complete when 16 Badges are obtained and/or Red is defeated), perhaps Hoenn's vast amount of ocean could get smaller and another land route or two added, or Sinnoh's huge amounts of mountain could've crumbled/been grown over/had humans alter them to make it easier to get around.

Plus, I personally would find it weird if new pokemon designs were suddenly discovered after we solidified the pokedex for that region.
    They did that for Unova. I don't think GameFreak really cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    You could say that about Hoenn or Sinnoh, though. Archie/Maxie and Cyrus aren't exactly behind bars, and it's not as if there's no potential for new villians, or even new myths/forms to older Pokemon. Like how Unova had added areas to compensate for the fact that BW1 were arguably the shortest main series games yet (if you consider GSCHGSS only complete when 16 Badges are obtained and/or Red is defeated), perhaps Hoenn's vast amount of ocean could get smaller and another land route or two added, or Sinnoh's huge amounts of mountain could've crumbled/been grown over/had humans alter them to make it easier to get around.
    Yeah, you can say that Archie/Maxie aren't in jail but their dialogue from Emerald certainly seems to suggest completion in that they've learned that their plans were disturbing the balance of nature and simply abandoned their Teams/Plans. That's the thing, BW1 was the shortest and most painfully linear Pokemon game whereas Sinnoh and Hoenn were interesting and unique designs, thus I don't really see how to improve on these regions and bad teams to make a sequel feasible to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    They did that for Unova. I don't think GameFreak really cares.
    I was talking about considering new additions to an old region's pokedex (from what I interpreted anyway). If Bolt meant that regions get Pokemon that are indigenous to other regions then that's fine since I liked the huge variety of Pokemon not only for collectibility, but also for strategic battling (no more 3 Yamasks etc).

I don't know if it would work for a story like regions like Hoenn and Sinnoh given that there isn't much open-ended after the Team Magma-Aqua and Hoenn's Elite 4 are beaten. Plus, I personally would find it weird if new pokemon designs were suddenly discovered after we solidified the pokedex for that region.
    Storyline would definitely be the trickiest aspect as to such a thing, true, but I think they could feasibly make it work. Especially Sinnoh, Platinum's plot is more open ended than most other games. Cyrus is still alive in the Distortion World and has a way out should he change his mind about his self inflicted imprisonment, and the remains of Team Galactic (minus Saturn) seem pretty intent on continuing their plans, there's definitely some potential for a sequel storyline there. But I was looking at it from more of a gameplay perspective anyway, it'd be neat getting to re-explore regions in a different way, in that regard it has a lot of potential to give us something fresh and nostalgic at the same time.

I was talking about considering new additions to an old region's pokedex (from what I interpreted anyway). If Bolt meant that regions get Pokemon that are indigenous to other regions then that's fine since I liked the huge variety of Pokemon not only for collectibility, but also for strategic battling (no more 3 Yamasks etc).
    You mean adding completely new Pokemon never seen in another game? No, not at all. I just meant getting Pokemon that debuted in games that were released after the original. For instance, Kanto's Pokedex could get upgraded with new evolutions, and also random families from future gens to balance things out. By modern standards, the Kanto Dex has terrible variety, it's lacking in Ghost, Dragon, Dark and Steel types, so they could add more Pokemon of those types like Sneasel, Altaria, Houndour, Skarmory, Jellicent, etc. so you'd have a reasonable amount of options for those types.

In particular, I think Kanto and Johto could use the most expansion since they're both small, interdependent regions lacking in variety, if they made two new sets of games where you'd only have access to one of the two regions but they both end up with huge expansions bringing them up to par with Hoenn and Sinnoh in terms of regional design, as well as having a larger and more diverse regional dex like Platinum and BW2's, those could be some really awesome games.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 17th February 2013 at 7:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

At this point if they decide to remake Ruby and Sapphire I think it's safe to say that they'll be on 3DS instead.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Sorry, my mistake
    Black 2 Team

It would be cool. But, as Satoshi says in most of the interviews, he is most likely going to keep on the "new ideas". But, it would be cool to see Pikachu follow you one more!
    Black 2 Team

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast