Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: remake of all the old games for DS

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Plus, I personally would find it weird if new pokemon designs were suddenly discovered after we solidified the pokedex for that region.
    What, like solidifying the pokedex for Kanto, then discovering that Magnemite has a type that nobody knew about, and there are wild pokemon that nobody ever spotted before that are included in Johto's pokedex but aren't even in the wild there (Houndour for example).

Sorry, my mistake
    Black 2 Team

If there were going to be a remake of a Gen 1 game for the 3DS console, then I would like it was Yellow Version.

Yellow is slightly different of Red and Blue, then "Thunder Yellow Version" would be different of FR/LG and thus not a remake of a remake.

I would love to see gen 3 remade but from reading the arguments of you guys above I see why it would be difficult to do and since you can basically bring all the gen 3 pokemon up to gen 5 it wouldn't make sense for Gamefreak to do. That being said I know a lot of people myself included that would like to see a remake! Hopefully they do.
    My HG team:

At this point if they decide to remake Ruby and Sapphire I think it's safe to say that they'll be on 3DS instead.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

I think it would be nice on the virtural console, I mean, they even got zelda and Mario games on there.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

The only game that has yet to see a remake is ruby sapphire and emerald, and i don't see them doing that for whatever reason.
    85% of statistics are made up on the spot, don't bother putting this in your signature, because i made this statistic up too.

I think a great concept they good adapt is just making sequels for the older games, like how B2W2 did for BW. Set it a few years later and show the changes of the land with a different story and main character(s). I think that would be something cool to do as apposed to just remaking the games. I have a feeling that that's were the series might be headed. However, I still want a full remake of RSE, just to see it in 3D graphics like we can with Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova.
    [IMG]http://i27.*******.com/urp88.png[/IMG]

My Blog: http://theconnoisseurreviews.tumblr.com
    My Pokemon Blog: http://pokemonchat.tumblr.com

As much as I'd like to see remakes of all previous generations be made for DS, I don't expect it to happen. It was always unlikely, but when first 3ds Pokemon game had been released he chances of it hapening dropped to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeker View Post
    I's like to see some Gen. 4 remakes for 3DS (though I don't have one yet), along with remakes of R/S/E.
    I say wait for the next console and/or Generation for the Gen IV remakes :P
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

I would love for them to make Ruby and Sapphire remakes. It seems unlikely right now, but you never know. If they're not going to be making remakes however, I really think that they should at least release updated versions on Virtual Console that can send Pokémon from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald to Gen VI. That way it's not as big a pain to obtain the Hoenn starters in Pokémon X and Y. Maybe do the same with Firered and Leafgreen. But the more I type the more unlikely it seems...
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

One day I would like to see a remake of gen 3 but not for a while yet and nor do i think they will do it anytime soon. Gen VI I feel has come about too quick and if they had any plans to do it now they would have done it in Gen 5.
    And for the person further up who said the DS was a dead console, it still sells better than the 3DS, so how do you work that one out?

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    At this point if they decide to remake Ruby and Sapphire I think it's safe to say that they'll be on 3DS instead.
    Indeed, and that'd be better anyway since 3rd and 5th gen don't really feel that different from each other (similar looking graphics, similar mechanics with the exception of the physical/special split). 3rd and 6th gen, that's most likely going to be a more significant difference, we can already see graphic wise they're miles apart, and whatever new mechanic they add which "makes your Pokemon stronger the stronger your bond is" is sure to be a game changer, so it would be much more worth it to remake the games nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by floodz66 View Post
    The only game that has yet to see a remake is ruby sapphire and emerald, and i don't see them doing that for whatever reason.
    *On the DS.

And of course they're not going to do it, they're already starting to make main games for the 3DS.

Quote Originally Posted by ECM View Post
    I would love for them to make Ruby and Sapphire remakes. It seems unlikely right now, but you never know. If they're not going to be making remakes however, I really think that they should at least release updated versions on Virtual Console that can send Pokémon from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald to Gen VI. That way it's not as big a pain to obtain the Hoenn starters in Pokémon X and Y. Maybe do the same with Firered and Leafgreen. But the more I type the more unlikely it seems...
    That's very unlikely for several reasons. First of all, how would you transfer them between games, since they'd all be on one console. Second, they'd have to update certain mechanics in order for it to work. For instance, 1st and 2nd gen were incompatible with 3rd gen because they used a different IV system, so they'd have to update those games with the new IV system in order for them to be compatible with XY (and probably other things as well). And I just don't see them doing all that.

Quote Originally Posted by skeletorissatan View Post
    And for the person further up who said the DS was a dead console, it still sells better than the 3DS, so how do you work that one out?
    Lack of games. 3DS is doing okay for a 2 year old console, but it's missing a lot of key Nintendo franchises (Donkey Kong, Kirby, Metroid, etc.). Once we get games for some of the more popular franchises on the 3DS, more people will start switching over to the 3DS. Most likely XY will start to bring sales in that direction, as main series Pokemon games tend to be system sellers.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by skeletorissatan View Post
    Gen VI I feel has come about too quick and if they had any plans to do it now they would have done it in Gen 5.
    It wasn't really quick to come out, Gen V has been out for some time now. It feels quick because it was announced not long after BW2 was released. Plus, since it gets released worldwide at the same general time instead of months apart as previous games, it cuts off a few months.

When he says the DS is a dead console, he means that Nintendo is no longer releasing new content for the DS. Yes, it still sells great, because 1. the price is lower, and 2. there is an extensive library of games available in comparison to the 3DS.

Although it would be nice to see remakes, I don't see it happening, at least not anytime soon. Although it can get tedious, it is still possible to transfer Pokemon from Gen III to Gen IV, then to Gen V. Though with the franchise officially stepping in to the 3DS market, things could change. Only time will tell.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

I'm hoping for gen 3 remakes. I was hoping we'd get one by now but maybe this gen we'll get it

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I'm hoping for gen 3 remakes. I was hoping we'd get one by now but maybe this gen we'll get it
    Yeah, that's what I want too! Emerald was my very first game, so getting a re-make would be amazing.

They won't be remaking Gen 3 at all. Because the sole purpose of remakes is to make up for the compatibly issues with the originals. R/S/E can connect with the recent games just fine(and it would probably connect with X/Y as well since your 3rd gen mons will be in your 5th gen carts).

To add this up, Japan celebrated R/S's 10th anniversary with a Groudon and Kyogre event.
    Last edited by Specialbeamcanon; 19th February 2013 at 5:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialbeamcanon View Post
    They won't be remaking Gen 3 at all. Because the sole purpose of remakes is to make up for the compatibly issues with the originals. R/S/E can connect with the recent games just fine(and it would probably connect with X/Y as well since your 3rd gen mons will be in your 5th gen carts).

To add this up, Japan celebrated R/S's 10th anniversary with a Groudon and Kyogre event.
    FRLG didn't come out on RBY's 10th anniversary. Just saying.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Well we already got HG/SS and I think it's fantastical lol. I would love to see a remake of Emerald or even Ruby and Sapphire, but also a remade of FR/LG on DS. They should just say screw X and Y and remake Emerald.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
    They should just say screw X and Y and remake Emerald.
    I'm pretty sure that would piss off at least 3/4 of the fanbase. I want RS remakes as much as the next guy, but I want to see XY first.

Yea I was just kidding about X and Y you know lol. I myself wouldn't be pissed because I already hate the Pokemon designs so far that if I can't get older Pokemon until getting the national dex or whatever I won't get it, they're that bad. I don't care if the story's a masterpiece I ain't using those Pokemon. But I'd buy a remake of Emerald in a heartbeat.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
    Yea I was just kidding about X and Y you know lol. I myself wouldn't be pissed because I already hate the Pokemon designs so far that if I can't get older Pokemon until getting the national dex or whatever I won't get it, they're that bad. I don't care if the story's a masterpiece I ain't using those Pokemon. But I'd buy a remake of Emerald in a heartbeat.
    We've only seen the BASIC STAGES of the starters, two Legendaries, and an Eeveelution. That's hardly a representation of a generation. Also, we've seen Krokorok/Krookodile, Hariyama, Pikachu, Psyduck, Palpitoad, Magikarp, and Golurk from trailers and screenshots

I can understand not liking something, but you're being ridiculous

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Personally I would love to see a remake of Yellow, or at least a downloadable version on Eshop of the old version, and of course I would love a remake of RS as they were the best games in the series. Just imagine a tropical landscape in full 3D! It'll sell like crazy.

Personal side of me: I would love that!

Side with reason: No way. They would never do that.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Storyline would definitely be the trickiest aspect as to such a thing, true, but I think they could feasibly make it work. Especially Sinnoh, Platinum's plot is more open ended than most other games. Cyrus is still alive in the Distortion World and has a way out should he change his mind about his self inflicted imprisonment, and the remains of Team Galactic (minus Saturn) seem pretty intent on continuing their plans, there's definitely some potential for a sequel storyline there. But I was looking at it from more of a gameplay perspective anyway, it'd be neat getting to re-explore regions in a different way, in that regard it has a lot of potential to give us something fresh and nostalgic at the same time.
    In terms of sequel potential, where could you take the story then? If canon events (such as Lucas/Dawn catching Palkia/Dialga/Giratina - slightly problematic considering all are caught before 8th badge) are regarded, what motivations would Team Galactic have to carry out their plans? Plus it sounds a bit too much like BW2 in that some Team Plasma members have reformed while others have adopted a militaristic ideology and continued Ghetsis' plan. Maybe this is just me being tired of all of the ridiculous Team ideologies lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    You mean adding completely new Pokemon never seen in another game? No, not at all. I just meant getting Pokemon that debuted in games that were released after the original. For instance, Kanto's Pokedex could get upgraded with new evolutions, and also random families from future gens to balance things out. By modern standards, the Kanto Dex has terrible variety, it's lacking in Ghost, Dragon, Dark and Steel types, so they could add more Pokemon of those types like Sneasel, Altaria, Houndour, Skarmory, Jellicent, etc. so you'd have a reasonable amount of options for those types.

In particular, I think Kanto and Johto could use the most expansion since they're both small, interdependent regions lacking in variety, if they made two new sets of games where you'd only have access to one of the two regions but they both end up with huge expansions bringing them up to par with Hoenn and Sinnoh in terms of regional design, as well as having a larger and more diverse regional dex like Platinum and BW2's, those could be some really awesome games.
    I agree, the Kanto Dex as it stands right now is terrible from a variety standpoint, having Gengar as your primary Ghost line is awesome, but it'd be even awesome to have a physical Ghost/defensive Ghost wall mon like Banette or Duskull (which reminds me...they really need to spruce up on Ghost movepool...Shadow Force's distribution is beyond laughable and Shadow Punch as your strong physical is terrible).

To be honest, to add a 2nd region is awesome, but in a way it almost becomes stale. I mean HeartGold's Johto Badges were awesome to face because of variety of gym types and neat signature Pokemon they had, but as soon as I went to Kanto, the level design was terrible to the point that I could curbstomp each gym leader without much difficult (while I struggled with Claire's Kingdra). If GameFreak should ever add another region, they'd need to bump up the competitiveness from AI so that there's decent challenge, while still providing coherent storytelling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast