Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: remake of all the old games for DS

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    In terms of sequel potential, where could you take the story then? If canon events (such as Lucas/Dawn catching Palkia/Dialga/Giratina - slightly problematic considering all are caught before 8th badge) are regarded, what motivations would Team Galactic have to carry out their plans? Plus it sounds a bit too much like BW2 in that some Team Plasma members have reformed while others have adopted a militaristic ideology and continued Ghetsis' plan. Maybe this is just me being tired of all of the ridiculous Team ideologies lol.
    First of all, I don't think Lucas/Dawn would still be in possession of Dialga/Palkia/Giratina. Unlike in BW1, you never actually HAD to catch them in order to beat the game, so they just as easily could have decided not to. Or they could've decided to release them later because they believed commanding Dialga/Palkia/Giratina is too much power. As for the remnants of Team Galactic, maybe they could use Dialga/Palkia/Giratina to undo their mistakes somehow?

To be honest, to add a 2nd region is awesome, but in a way it almost becomes stale. I mean HeartGold's Johto Badges were awesome to face because of variety of gym types and neat signature Pokemon they had, but as soon as I went to Kanto, the level design was terrible to the point that I could curbstomp each gym leader without much difficult (while I struggled with Claire's Kingdra). If GameFreak should ever add another region, they'd need to bump up the competitiveness from AI so that there's decent challenge, while still providing coherent storytelling.
    Gonna have to disagree with you on the Johto Gym Leader's variety, I felt like for their gym teams (and the region in general), the 1st gen Pokemon overshadowed the 2nd. There could've been more variety had they given the gym leaders more 2nd gen Pokemon (for instance, Falkner could've had a Hoothoot, Bugsy could've had Ledyba and Spinarak, Chuck could've had Heracross). I think the Johto Dex needs to be completely rehauled, we don't need every single 1st gen Pokemon in it, only keep the ones that actually make sense and fill the rest of the Johto Dex with 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th gen Pokemon that would make sense there as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

What is the obsession with remakes? Why would you want an updated version of a previous game over a brand new one?

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    What is the obsession with remakes? Why would you want an updated version of a previous game over a brand new one?
    I understand the appeal. Some people want to see what an older game they enjoyed would be like by today's standards. But I agree with you. I'm more excited about X and Y than a possible R/S remake.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    Constantly remaking the older games would start to reek of desperation. Leaf Green and Fire Red were great remakes at the time, but even now they are looking dated considering the leaps in 3D technology on hand held devices. What's next? A remake of a remake?
    Pokemon BurningFireRed and SharpLeafGreen!

Coming to 3DS in 2013!
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

Right now I'm more exicted for the X/Y games than for remakes of R/S,FR/LG. If anything they should put the old GBA games on the 3DS virtual consale; or better yet at least Pokemon Yellow a little gem that has 0 chance of ever being remade!
    My Tumbur http://spiritdreamdoodlesandlifeblog.tumblr.com/

Gone til the 15 of December see you then!

Quote Originally Posted by AmusedMilk View Post
    Pokemon BurningFireRed and SharpLeafGreen!

Coming to 3DS in 2013!
    And don't forget Pokemon GlitteringHeartGold and ShiningSoulSilver! See your Pokemon walk with you in full 3D!

I've been thinking on this for a bit. Doing remakes of remakes is, I believe, a potential misstep that GameFreak probably knows to avoid. What I'm curious about, though, is the possibility of what they might be able to fit on a 3DS card in order to solve the issue and cover gen 3 in two games. It's not the most likely set up, especially due to the way it combines characters, but here's the half-formed idea that's been kicking around my skull.

What I'm thinking is Ruby and Sapphire remakes, taking modifications to the storylines of each from Emerald. Once you defeat the Hoenn Elite Four, Professor Birch will give you a ticket to the Kanto region. You're going to be part of a research exchange program. Catch is you can't bring your pokemon with you, but Professor Oak will furnish you with his own version of the Pokedex and a new pokemon to start off your Kanto journey. Minor changes would be necessary, of course, such as moving to Hoenn from Kanto rather than Johto, Kanto mother becoming an Aunt rather than Mom, etc. The Sevii Islands quest post-Elite Four would serve as a way to connect the Kanto and Hoenn PC systems so you could access your Kanto pokemon in Hoenn and vice versa.

Obviously, this is not a terribly great idea for a game, but it's been kicking around and I thought I should probably post it to get it out.

I think a old pokemon game for iphone app will make more sense than DS. But still, its difficult and unlikely to make it happen.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

As much as I love Hoenn a remake is the last time on my Pokeman demand list. X and Y is on my top priority list for now.
    Plus the DS is what 8? So you won't be seeing a remake on a dead system.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Ridley View Post
    I've been thinking on this for a bit. Doing remakes of remakes is, I believe, a potential misstep that GameFreak probably knows to avoid. What I'm curious about, though, is the possibility of what they might be able to fit on a 3DS card in order to solve the issue and cover gen 3 in two games. It's not the most likely set up, especially due to the way it combines characters, but here's the half-formed idea that's been kicking around my skull.

What I'm thinking is Ruby and Sapphire remakes, taking modifications to the storylines of each from Emerald. Once you defeat the Hoenn Elite Four, Professor Birch will give you a ticket to the Kanto region. You're going to be part of a research exchange program. Catch is you can't bring your pokemon with you, but Professor Oak will furnish you with his own version of the Pokedex and a new pokemon to start off your Kanto journey. Minor changes would be necessary, of course, such as moving to Hoenn from Kanto rather than Johto, Kanto mother becoming an Aunt rather than Mom, etc. The Sevii Islands quest post-Elite Four would serve as a way to connect the Kanto and Hoenn PC systems so you could access your Kanto pokemon in Hoenn and vice versa.

Obviously, this is not a terribly great idea for a game, but it's been kicking around and I thought I should probably post it to get it out.
    Having multiple regions in one game tends to cause problems as far as pacing and distribution go, so it's something they should probably avoid. I think BW2 style sequels would be the only way to go if they intend to re-remake games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    First of all, I don't think Lucas/Dawn would still be in possession of Dialga/Palkia/Giratina. Unlike in BW1, you never actually HAD to catch them in order to beat the game, so they just as easily could have decided not to. Or they could've decided to release them later because they believed commanding Dialga/Palkia/Giratina is too much power. As for the remnants of Team Galactic, maybe they could use Dialga/Palkia/Giratina to undo their mistakes somehow?
    I'd say it's debatable considering that D/P/Pt had Dawn and Lucas battle Dialga/Palkia/Giratina before the 8th gym depending on which game you had, I'd have to consider that canon (the only difference is that you could kill them). The only difference between the two is the mythology attached to it, we were forced to catch Reshiram/Zekrom in BW1 because the Player Characters were set up to fight each other and continue the Unova brothers conflict (think Uchiha vs. Senju > Sasuke vs. Naruto if by any chance you follow Naruto). Dialga/Palkia was a result of Team Galactic's ambitious plan, though you can plausibly argue both sides, defeating them keeps Sinnoh safe, and catching them also keeps Sinnoh safe (it's low leveled enough to argue that it can be caught and kept under player's control).

Undoing their mistakes is a redundant storyline, considering they're already defeated and have no galvanized motivation to start some shenanigans again...not to mention it makes the previous journey such a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Gonna have to disagree with you on the Johto Gym Leader's variety, I felt like for their gym teams (and the region in general), the 1st gen Pokemon overshadowed the 2nd. There could've been more variety had they given the gym leaders more 2nd gen Pokemon (for instance, Falkner could've had a Hoothoot, Bugsy could've had Ledyba and Spinarak, Chuck could've had Heracross). I think the Johto Dex needs to be completely rehauled, we don't need every single 1st gen Pokemon in it, only keep the ones that actually make sense and fill the rest of the Johto Dex with 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th gen Pokemon that would make sense there as well.
    The point of 1st gen Pokemon is the fact that Johto and Kanto were an interdependent environment, so it shouldn't really come as a surprise that there were so many 1st gen Pokemon in Johto. Plus in its time, it was to be a canonical sequel to the popular RBY, so in that regard it's also understandable why there were many Kanto Pokemon available. I don't think we need to be bombarded with every Johto Pokemon for the gym leaders, I mean Pidgeotto, Scyther, Gengar are still good and/or annoying the same way Kingdra, Miltank, and Steelix. Plus 50% of Ace Pokemon devoted to each region makes for a nice balance, I think. I don't think Hoot-Hoot, Spinarak and Ledyba would've made much of a difference considering they're horrible. I think rehauling the Johto dex to include 5th/6th gen is being a bit too optimistic considering we're not even sure if we're going to revisit Johto or any of the old regions anytime soon.

The point of 1st gen Pokemon is the fact that Johto and Kanto were an interdependent environment, so it shouldn't really come as a surprise that there were so many 1st gen Pokemon in Johto. Plus in its time, it was to be a canonical sequel to the popular RBY, so in that regard it's also understandable why there were many Kanto Pokemon available.
    And that's something that should be corrected the next time we go to either of them. GSCHGSS demonstrated that having two regions causes problems with pacing, distribution, and regional design, so the next time we go back there, they should make both of them completely independent regions and add areas onto those regions to make them comparable to regions like Hoenn and Sinnoh in terms of size and diverse environments.

I don't think we need to be bombarded with every Johto Pokemon for the gym leaders, I mean Pidgeotto, Scyther, Gengar are still good and/or annoying the same way Kingdra, Miltank, and Steelix. Plus 50% of Ace Pokemon devoted to each region makes for a nice balance, I think. I don't think Hoot-Hoot, Spinarak and Ledyba would've made much of a difference considering they're horrible.
    Well no, we don't need to see every single Johto Pokemon shoved down our throats, that'd get annoying. But at the same time, we shouldn't see one generation of Pokemon overshadow the native Pokemon of that region.

Also, keep in mind that any family that has a 2nd gen Pokemon in it technically counts as a Johto Pokemon as well, so we could have stuff like Raichu, Electivire, and Magmortar as well as Gliscor, Mamoswine, and Weavile too. So that would help to make up for the lack of great Pokemon in 2nd gen. What matters is that the majority of the Johto Dex Pokemon should in fact be families with 2nd gen Pokemon in them.

I think rehauling the Johto dex to include 5th/6th gen is being a bit too optimistic considering we're not even sure if we're going to revisit Johto or any of the old regions anytime soon.
    Why would you think we need a Johto Dex rehaul if we're never going back there again? No, I meant rehaul the Johto Dex for the next game we go there.

Honestly, I really don't think remakes are unnecessary right now.
    I would absolutely love a R/S/E remake, but maybe remaking them isn't really what Game Freak needs right now.

I'd much rather have new games than remakes.

I would love to see a remake of HeartGold and SoulSilver.
    Jackpot!

I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

I don't think we need to be bombarded with every Johto Pokemon for the gym leaders, I mean Pidgeotto, Scyther, Gengar are still good and/or annoying the same way Kingdra, Miltank, and Steelix. Plus 50% of Ace Pokemon devoted to each region makes for a nice balance, I think. I don't think Hoot-Hoot, Spinarak and Ledyba would've made much of a difference considering they're horrible.
    Well, in a way, we do.

It's natural that at least the team ace of every Gym Leader should belong to their home region: it's this way with every single region in existence except Johto. There isn't such thing as "balance" in this matter: in all the other cases, all the ace Pokémon are native to the home region. And that's not right; Johto isn't worse or less relevant than the other regions, it should get the same treatment.

To make things even worse, we did have Gen II options for team ace of pretty much all the Johto leaders.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

that would be awesome!!! I don't like rushing all those gens...
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

I'm really not on the ball. This thread is about Remakes which is banned under GPD rules. Shutting.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123